The Crute: Crab//Brute ((Brab??)

ThrillMill

Well, it's time for another sub-par build featuring yours truly. In the same vein of melee only Elec/Nrg Dominator, Human-Only Melee PB and the world renown Kin/Elec Melee Sapper; I present to you my plans for a gimped Melee Crab Build. As with the previously mentioned builds, I enjoy taking Archetypes that have no good business in Melee and bringing them there to stay. Maybe I suffer from a previously undiagnosed masochistic bent but there's no greater thrill than "arresting" mobs with your bare hands. 

If any of you out there have the time or inclination; please review this first draft and let me know what or how you'd improve the build within the confines of the melee stipulation. Thanks in advance. 

My imperatives for the build are:

1. Softcap to all positional types

2. Resistance %

3. Recharge

4. +HP

I tried out a similar concept on test, trying to build an "Iron Spider" concept, using the melee attacks, supplemented with the Fighting pool, with Mu PPP recolored white for webbing.  I caved and also took Venom Grenade, because its too good to skip, and still kind of fit the concept.  

In summary, it was pretty unkillable, as Crabs usually are, having capped positionals, about 50% resist to all but psi and decent recharge.  The downside was that it was super slow.  Kill speed, even with VG and Ball Lightning as an opening volley, was just not that great.  The single target melee attack chain was just not hitting hard enough.  

I'd love to see what you come up with though.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Slice -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Wolf Spider Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(7)
Level 2: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(7)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 6: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(9)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 12: Arm Lash -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Acc/Rchg(15), Arm-Dam%(15)
Level 14: Venom Grenade -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(43)
Level 16: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 22: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 24: Fortification -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27)
Level 26: Frenzy -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(43)
Level 28: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Serum -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 38: Frag Grenade -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(43)
Level 41: Summon Spiderlings -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40), Mrc-Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
------------
------------

• 4 weeks later

This is almost exactly the build i am looking for. EXCEPT i need to crank it by into a short range AoE build. Which should be somewhat easy considering that is what Crabs do. I will be putting on the expensive winter sets and really anything that will make it more effective. I will be cutting back the melee madness and going back to buff powers and range