Let Stone Armor jump! Just a little!

Wavicle

Personally, I would say just completely remove the -Jump from Rooted, and instead make it so it has no effect unless you're on the ground.

The issue with removing or reducing the jump penalty is a matter of how the engine does buff/debuff math. Allowing even a little bit of jumping would mean that the debuff was so small that a few set bonuses and a SO or two in Hurdle would let you get full sized jumps. Whether or not that's a bad thing is a separate matter.

However, a change made later in ghe game's life might give a different approach. When they added Afterburner, they added the ability to adjust caps. If Granite applied a -Jump Cap debuff, the max jump could be set to a desired level, so that it didn't matter how much +Jump you've got, you'd be hard capped at a 1' jump, or whatever was deemed reasonable. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

If you are a stone tank and can jump a curb....are you really a stone tank?  😝

Sure, they are. They're just "hopped up" on Kinetics!

Get enough Kins together with Inertial Reduction and you can overcome the penalty.

• Like 2

Jim Temblor/Faultline, if I remember rightly, can jump fully in Granite Armour when you run into him in the RWZ.

So, basically, this is a PC only limit. And it's one that's so darn old and so not-in-keeping with the later life designed sets that, really, I don't see much loss in removing it? 
I mean, do people even play Stone at this point, beyond thematics? Stone itself is a mess, given Granite renders the majority of the rest of the set obsolete anyway...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I would give this set a go again if they made this one adjustment.

The thing is, why bother?

You can already build an invul tanker to levels rivalling a Granite tank with none of the drawbacks.

Otherwise id agree, I was a Elementals/Monolith and Thing fan way back when. 

Eh, invulnerable can certainly be survivable enough, but it only rivals granite vs S/L. Not a build master but quick check in mids and wasn't able to get other resists past 55% for inv, where granite alone brings everything but psi over 80% with some simple franken-slotting, and easy reach to softcap. Add rooted and you have better regen and better -def/-end resist (although no -slow, plus the built in -slow/-recharge/-dam in granite).

Granted, it's usually not necessary unless you want to go afk to make a sandwich in the middle of a full mob of +4 spawn from DA missions, but kings of taking a hit should be acknowledged.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haijinx said:

The thing is, why bother?

You can already build an invul tanker to levels rivalling a Granite tank with none of the drawbacks.

Otherwise id agree, I was a Elementals/Monolith and Thing fan way back when. 

Stone and SR are the only Tanker Primaries that I never took to 50.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

12 hours ago, Haijinx said:

SR runs great.  Rumors of its supposed squishiness for Tankers I think are spread by people who don't play actual SR *tankers* to 50. 

I teamed with a SR Tanker at 50 in RWZ who was worried about being squishy. I think that they probably just hadn't supplemented their scaling resistances with anything else. But there are people who played the combination and thought it needed help... just like there are a few ongoing threads about how squishy Widows are.

I would suggest an alteration where in place of the current limitation you make it something similar to a brute rage bar. Where as soon as you toggle on the power you get a small to modest buff to your resistances but the longer you stand in one spot and don't move the higher your resistance gets. You can move or jump any time you want but it immediately resets this buff to base level as soon as you do.

You could rationalize it thematically as "gathering power from the earth" or something.

Edited by quixoteprog
typo
  • Like 1