Following the idea of turning some of the powersets here into Melee/Armor powers like I did with the Light/Void stuff, I decided to take a stab at taking the FX and theme of Poison and attempting to make some more materials for melee archetypes.

For the melee set, I wanted to play on the whole Poison/Acid theme, having some powers reduce regeneration, while others reduce defense. The armor set I wanted to be resistance based, with other powers based around managing your health.

Toxin Melee

RadiationMelee ContaminatedStrike.png - Toxic Strike: Basic attack that deals Smashing/Toxic damage. Uses similar FX to Alkaloid/FX on fists

RadiationMelee RadioactiveSmash.png - Poisonous Touch: Attack that deals high Toxic damage and minor Toxic DoT and debuffs regen. Uses similar FX to Alkaloid/FX on fists

RadiationMelee ProtonSweep.png - Spray of Poison: Similar attack to Snakes' 'Venom Spray' dealing moderate Toxic DoT on a melee cone while reducing regeneration

RadiationMelee BuildUp.png - Toxins: A copy of the 'Toxins' power from Plant Manipulation, granting a Build Up effect and adding toxic damage to most attacks.

Experimentation ToxicDart.png - Corrode: An attack that deals high Toxic DoT and reduces defense, similar FX to the 'Volcanic' aura

RadiationMelee Taunt.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power

RadiationMelee AtomSmasher.png - Poison Burst: A PBAoE Melee attack that deals moderate damage and reduces regeneration, uses the same explosive visuals as Plant Control's 'Spore Burst'

RadiationMelee DevastatingBlow.png - Virulent Grasp: An attack that deals high smashing damage and high Toxic DoT and reduces both regen and defense. similar FX to the 'Slime' aura

RadiationBurst ElectronHaze.png - Acid Wave: A cone attack power that deals very high Toxic DoT and reduces defense, uses the same FX as 'Bile Spray'

Toxin Armor

RadiationArmor AlphaBarrier.png - Toxic Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Toxic. Uses the same gas FX as Rikti Monkeys

Invulnerability DullPain.png - Constitution: An autopower that increases MaxHP and increases Toxic resistance

RadiationMelee AtomSmasher.png - Toxic Gas: A new PBAoE damage aura that uses the Venomous Gas FX, simply deals Toxic DoT to foes nearby

Invulnerability ResToSpecialDmg.png - Acid Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Fire and Cold. Uses the 'Boils' character aura FX

Regeneration Reconstruction.png - Remedy: Click power that heals the player and grants minor stacks of absorb. Uses the same character FX as Alkaloid

RadiationArmor FalloutShelter.png - Curative: Click power that grants a standard suite of mez protection. Uses the same character FX as Antidote

Invulnerability ResToCosmicDmag.png - Alkaline Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Energy and Negative. Uses the same liquid FX as Bile Spray

Invulnerability Unstoppable.png - Inoculated: Autopower that increases protection to -regen, -heal and -res debuffs

Regeneration MomentOfGlory.png - Saturation: Click power that grants large stacks of absorb and a large boost to regeneration. uses the same character FX as Elixir of Life

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 5

I was thinking of this thread a couple of days ago because I had an idea for a Strength Manipulation secondary for Blasters. I recall an early CoH beta video where Super Strength was a secondary for Blasters so now I am kind of curious if such a thing could be made into reality on our server. Admittedly my power selections and level placements are sloppy so I am very interested in hearing feedback 🙂

Strength Manipulation

SuperStrength Punch.png - Punch: From Super Strength

Invulnerability ResToPhysicalDmg.png - Resist Physical Damage: from Invulnerability

SuperStrength Haymaker.png - Haymaker: From Super Strength

SuperStrength HandClap.png - Handclap: From Super Strength

SuperStrength Rage.png  - Rage (??): This one I am really torn on because I don't think rage would work for Blasters? But I do also feel the set needs to differentiate itself and I am not sure what to put for the Build Up power.

EnergyMastery PhysicalPerfection.png - Physical Perfection: from Energy/Body Mastery. The "sustain" for the set.

SuperStrength FootStomp.png - Footstomp: From Super Strength

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png - War Cry: Anguishing Cry from Pain Domination (same animation) but with -dmg instead of -res (so PBAoE -dmg and -def)

SuperStrength KnockoutBlow.png - Knockout Blow: From Super Strength

Edited by Normal Thomas
  • Like 5

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

@Normal Thomas I think for the most part it looks good, my only pointers would be to maybe bump Punch to the 2nd power and have a similar 'push' power to Sonic Thrust, Ki Push or Power thrust in its place.

In order to make room for that I'd likely get rid of Resist Physical Damage, and maybe swap Haymaker and Hand Clap around.

• 3 weeks later
On 7/31/2021 at 1:22 PM, Tyrannical said:

Following the idea of turning some of the powersets here into Melee/Armor powers like I did with the Light/Void stuff, I decided to take a stab at taking the FX and theme of Poison and attempting to make some more materials for melee archetypes.

For the melee set, I wanted to play on the whole Poison/Acid theme, having some powers reduce regeneration, while others reduce defense. The armor set I wanted to be resistance based, with other powers based around managing your health.

Toxin Melee

RadiationMelee ContaminatedStrike.png - Toxic Strike: Basic attack that deals Smashing/Toxic damage. Uses similar FX to Alkaloid/FX on fists

RadiationMelee RadioactiveSmash.png - Poisonous Touch: Attack that deals high Toxic damage and minor Toxic DoT and debuffs regen. Uses similar FX to Alkaloid/FX on fists

RadiationMelee ProtonSweep.png - Spray of Poison: Similar attack to Snakes' 'Venom Spray' dealing moderate Toxic DoT on a melee cone while reducing regeneration

RadiationMelee BuildUp.png - Toxins: A copy of the 'Toxins' power from Plant Manipulation, granting a Build Up effect and adding toxic damage to most attacks.

Experimentation ToxicDart.png - Corrode: An attack that deals high Toxic DoT and reduces defense, similar FX to the 'Volcanic' aura

RadiationMelee Taunt.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power

RadiationMelee AtomSmasher.png - Poison Burst: A PBAoE Melee attack that deals moderate damage and reduces regeneration, uses the same explosive visuals as Plant Control's 'Spore Burst'

RadiationMelee DevastatingBlow.png - Virulent Grasp: An attack that deals high smashing damage and high Toxic DoT and reduces both regen and defense. similar FX to the 'Slime' aura

RadiationBurst ElectronHaze.png - Acid Wave: A cone attack power that deals very high Toxic DoT and reduces defense, uses the same FX as 'Bile Spray'

Toxin Armor

RadiationArmor AlphaBarrier.png - Toxic Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Toxic. Uses the same gas FX as Rikti Monkeys

Invulnerability DullPain.png - Constitution: An autopower that increases MaxHP and increases Toxic resistance

RadiationMelee AtomSmasher.png - Toxic Gas: A new PBAoE damage aura that uses the Venomous Gas FX, simply deals Toxic DoT to foes nearby

Invulnerability ResToSpecialDmg.png - Acid Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Fire and Cold. Uses the 'Boils' character aura FX

Regeneration Reconstruction.png - Remedy: Click power that heals the player and grants minor stacks of absorb. Uses the same character FX as Alkaloid

RadiationArmor FalloutShelter.png - Curative: Click power that grants a standard suite of mez protection. Uses the same character FX as Antidote

Invulnerability ResToCosmicDmag.png - Alkaline Armor: Toggle power that provides Resistance to Energy and Negative. Uses the same liquid FX as Bile Spray

Invulnerability Unstoppable.png - Inoculated: Autopower that increases protection to -regen, -heal and -res debuffs

Regeneration MomentOfGlory.png - Saturation: Click power that grants large stacks of absorb and a large boost to regeneration. uses the same character FX as Elixir of Life

It might be interesting to have an "armor" set that focuses on lowering the offensive potential of enemies, but that might run the risk of stepping on a Support's toes....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Been a while since I posted anything here but I figured out a fairly easy one to work with. Nothing special this time, just wanted to try my hand at doing another weapon based Assault powerset, so I took Archery and attempted to rework it with a few custom melee attacks.

Archery Assault

Archery QuickArrow.png - Snap Shot: Same power from Archery, providing a low lethal damage ranged attack

MartialArts CraneKick.png - Boot: A new power that works as a more powerful version of the Fighting pool's 'Kick' power

Archery MediumArrow.png - Aimed Shot: Same power from Archery, dealing moderate lethal damage at range

Archery ConeArrow.png - Fistful of Arrows: Same power from Archery, delivering moderate lethal damage in a close cone

MartialArts FocusChi.png - Build Up: Standard Build Up power

MartialArts MonkeySweep.png - Sweep: A new power that is almost identical to Martial Art's 'Dragon's Tail' power, but deals knockdown instead of knockback

Archery SniperArrow.png - Ranged Shot: Same power from Archery, giving the powerset access to a long range snipe attack with extreme lethal damage

MartialArts EaglesClaw.png - Heavy StrikeA new power with identical animation to Street Justice's 'Rib Breaker' power, dealing heavy smashing damage with a chance to knockdown

Archery FlamingArrow.png - Blazing Arrow: Same power from Archery, a heavy ranged attack that deals lethal damage and fire DoT

• Like 6

Oh hey, I found this thread right as I was working on something in between moving.

(On mobile so bear with me)

Staff Manipulation 🤭

Crippling Strikes (Minor Smashing Dmg, Immob, Very narrow cone)

Range: Melee. Mini version of Innocuous Strikes. Would have a mini cone like Headsplitter, Cleave, etc. Very fast recharge

Precise Strike (Minor Smashing Dmg, Stun, Single Target)

Range: Melee. Strike 1 enemy with your staff. Has a small chance to stun. Fast recharge

Master's Domain (Toggle, PBAoE slow, -tohit)

PBAoE minor slow and -tohit.

Mind Body and Soul (Toggle, Special)

While active you gain a bonus to your recovery, and all of your damaging powers grant stacks of Perfection, up to 3. Each stack grants +10% dmg and +5% recharge.

Serpent's Reach (Moderate Smashing Dmg, Knockdown, Single Target)

Functions like normal. Moderate recharge

Eye of the Storm (PBAoE Moderate Smashing Dmg, Knockdown, Consumes Perfection)

Breakdance. If you have 3 stacks of Perfection, this does additional Smashing dmg and inflicts targets with a -resistance debuff. Long recharge

Peak of Perfection (Click, Requires Perfection, Break Free, +Regen)

Breaks any sleep or hold mag 2 or lower, also gives +Regen for a short time. Requires 3 stacks of Perfection and consumes them. Very Long Recharge

Attuned Senses (Toggle, +acc, +perception, +def(all))

Like Eagle Eye but without the Regen and Recovery. +Def is very small. About on par with Combat Jumping.

Sky Splitter (High Smashing Dmg, Single Target, Knockdown, Consumes Perfection)

Functions like scrapper version. With 3 stacks of Perfection, deals extra Smashing dmg and inflicts a mag 2 hold. Long recharge

• Like 3

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

This one is something of a request, and it's going to be another blast powerset. This time around I'm looking at making a 'Single Pistol' powerset possible, something a little more subtle than Dual Pistol's flashy and acrobatic combat style, and has a different mechanic than 'Swap Ammo' so it isn't too similar.

The trouble is, how do we set this apart from Dual Pistols? or other lethal ranged powersets like Assault Rifle and Archery? Without an ammo swap mechanic, it seems fairly generic, so perhaps some sort of 'stance' mechanic that changes which area of the body you target? 

Marksman Pistol

DualPistols Pistols.png - Hip Fire: Uses the default hip-fire animation of most NPCs, dealing low lethal damage

DualPistols DualWield.png - Single Shot: Uses the same animations as the Thugs 'Pistols' power, but intended for one gun. Deals moderate lethal damage

DualPistols EmptyClips.png - Covering Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Cone Blast' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals moderate lethal DoT in a cone

AssaultWeapons Aim.png - Focus Fire: Unlocks a set of three toggles that cannot be active at the same time. Without a toggle active you will simply receive an innate boost to accuracy with some powers having a chance to knockdown

• Slow, Movement.png - Leg Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Speed and some have a chance to Immobilize
  • Slow, Recharge.png - Arm Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Recharge, and some have a chance to heavily debuff damage
  • Disorient.png - Head Shots: All attacks reduce your target's ToHit, and some have a chance to Stun

DualPistols ExecutionersShot.png - Aimed Shot: Uses the two-handed grip animation of NPCs, dealing high lethal damage

AssaultWeapons ShotgunBeanbag.png - Wild Shot: Same power that PPD have, firing multiple shots from your pistol, dealing moderate lethal DoT and heavily reducing enemy defense

AssaultWeapons DOT.png - Rapid Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals superior lethal DoT to a single target

AssaultWeapons ARFullAuto.png - Empty Clip: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Heavy Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals high lethal DoT in a cone

DualPistols HailofBullets.png - Ricochet: Uses the same animation as Dual Pistols' Executioner's Shot' firing a chaining projectile that deals extreme lethal damage

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 1:00 PM, Tyrannical said:

This one is something of a request, and it's going to be another blast powerset. This time around I'm looking at making a 'Single Pistol' powerset possible, something a little more subtle than Dual Pistol's flashy and acrobatic combat style, and has a different mechanic than 'Swap Ammo' so it isn't too similar.

The trouble is, how do we set this apart from Dual Pistols? or other lethal ranged powersets like Assault Rifle and Archery? Without an ammo swap mechanic, it seems fairly generic, so perhaps some sort of 'stance' mechanic that changes which area of the body you target? 

Marksman Pistol

DualPistols Pistols.png - Hip Fire: Uses the default hip-fire animation of most NPCs, dealing low lethal damage

DualPistols DualWield.png - Single Shot: Uses the same animations as the Thugs 'Pistols' power, but intended for one gun. Deals moderate lethal damage

DualPistols EmptyClips.png - Covering Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Cone Blast' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals moderate lethal DoT in a cone

AssaultWeapons Aim.png - Focus Fire: Unlocks a set of three toggles that cannot be active at the same time. Without a toggle active you will simply receive an innate boost to accuracy with some powers having a chance to knockdown

• Slow, Movement.png - Leg Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Speed and some have a chance to Immobilize
  • Slow, Recharge.png - Arm Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Recharge, and some have a chance to heavily debuff damage
  • Disorient.png - Head Shots: All attacks reduce your target's ToHit, and some have a chance to Stun

DualPistols ExecutionersShot.png - Aimed Shot: Uses the two-handed grip animation of NPCs, dealing high lethal damage

AssaultWeapons ShotgunBeanbag.png - Wild Shot: Same power that PPD have, firing multiple shots from your pistol, dealing moderate lethal DoT and heavily reducing enemy defense

AssaultWeapons DOT.png - Rapid Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals superior lethal DoT to a single target

AssaultWeapons ARFullAuto.png - Empty Clip: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Heavy Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals high lethal DoT in a cone

DualPistols HailofBullets.png - Ricochet: Uses the same animation as Dual Pistols' Executioner's Shot' firing a chaining projectile that deals extreme lethal damage

Can I suggest this be remade into a debuff set?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Tyrannical said:

If you have an idea for a pistol-based debuff set, I'd love to see it 😊

I was more just thinking your different toggles sounded like they could be individual powers to debuff.   Alternatively....maybe just a flat reskin of Trick Arrow?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Menelruin said:

I was more just thinking your different toggles sounded like they could be individual powers to debuff.   Alternatively....maybe just a flat reskin of Trick Arrow?

Could be possible! I think a support-style rifle set with similar themes to the Munitions and Tactical Rifle could work, but if it's strictly pistols it may be a little more tricky.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Been a while but I managed to find something I've not used yet. I've borrowed a lot of assets from various NPC groups to make a lot of the powersets here, and just when I thought I ran out of unique powers to play with I managed to find some material I completely overlooked!

While there isn't a lot to play with, there's enough to formulate at least a Blast and Assault powerset from what's available. This time around I'm looking at the Banished Pantheon, specifically the Incarnate-level ones that exist in Dark Astoria (Banespawn, Defiler, Ravager, Sentinel of Mot). Many of the new additions to the NPC group have powers that share a common theme, specifically the 'Frigid' powers that have a cool set of visuals. So looking at what these powers do, here's what I managed to come up with;

Frigid Blast

DarkCast SoulDrain.png - Necrotic Blast: A reworked version of the 'Frigid Blast' power, using the same visuals to create a single target blast power that deals minor Negative/Cold damage

DarkCast DarkBlast.png - Reaper's Bolt: The same power belonging to the Sentinel of Mot, firing a heavier single target blast that deals moderate Negative/Cold damage

DarkCast NightFall.png - Frigid Torrent: A similar power to the 'Frigid Smash' power, delivering a cone of moderate Negative/Cold damage

DarkCast DarkObliteration.png - Frigid Burst: The same power belonging to several Banished Pantheon mobs, delivering moderate Negative/Cold damage in a targeted AoE

DarkCast Aim.png - Aim: Standard Aim power of blast sets

DarkCast DarkPit.png - Frigid Storm: The same power that most new Banished Pantheon mobs have, creating an patch that deals Negative/Smashing DoT

DarkCast AbyssalGaze.png - Chilling Grasp: A reworked version of the 'Frigid Grasp' Sentinel of Mot power, holding a single target and dealing moderate Negative damage and minor Cold DoT

DarkCast Heavy.png - Enervation: Based on the 'Frigid Enervation' power, dealing high Negative damage and moderate Cold damage to a single target at close range

DarkCast Torrent.png - Frigid Beam: A powerful Sentinel of Mot power that delivers superior Cold damage and moderate Negative DoT in a wide cone

Frigid Assault

DarkCast SoulDrain.png - Necrotic Blast: A reworked version of the 'Frigid Blast' power, using the same visuals to create a single target blast power that deals minor Negative/Cold damage

DarknessAssault Smite.png - Frigid Slash: A common power for new Banished Pantheon mobs, dealing moderate Lethal damage and minor Cold DoT with a melee strike

DarkCast NightFall.png - Frigid Torrent: A similar power to the 'Frigid Smash' power, delivering a cone of moderate Negative/Cold damage

DarkCast DarkBlast.png - Reaper's Bolt: The same power belonging to the Sentinel of Mot, firing a heavier single target blast that deals moderate Negative/Cold damage

DarknessAssault GatherShadows.png - Power Boost: Standard Power Boost power of assault sets

DarknessAssault DeathShroud.png - Icy Quills: Based on the 'Frigid Quills' power from new Banished Pantheon mobs, dealing moderate lethal damage and minor Cold DoT in a PBAoE

DarkCast DarkPit.png - Frigid Storm: The same power that most new Banished Pantheon mobs have, creating an patch that deals Negative/Smashing DoT

DarkCast Heavy.png - Enervation: Based on the 'Frigid Enervation' power, dealing high Negative damage and moderate Cold damage to a single target at close range

DarknessAssault MidnightGrasp.png - Reaper's Slice: A more powerful version of 'Frigid Slash', dealing heavy Lethal damage and moderate Cold DoT in melee

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scarydino369 said:

I'm surprised there aren't more ways to have storm powers

I have some vague ideas about expanding the 'Wind' theme beyond a Control (and potential Manipulation) powerset, and will likely borrow inspiration from Storm Summoning too!

Paladin Armor

RA5vxkXUcE_Qce9v_G2BRa6fuEC251fX3b_flZLAHm5phky8PEdP7yEVPH1pRfLzIczLI6yI3iDedl-CaE7IqJuzxxOrnxby9i6S0TvG69FrWAy5H0wg1AXu5ssRhiJo4FUM2Zl_=s0 - High Pain Tolerance (From Willpower) - Auto: Self +Res(All), +Max Health

SWGibzHilCJuus6lhdgmgiH64KHP4QbEYJiIux4hZY7imMiSTSp3XOhI7dAkAoq-ERwA0_jDjXWT7rbEN8VDT7MRwdRy6y1jWILRiXcNXLlagtqzyjYcWTAa4Y9vkuvDFiISl7Os=s0 - Temp Invulnerability (from Invulnerability) - Toggle: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal)  

l77pH2mTM3d2h4CApzVWdRh9wtIUohNauaBnWhRUExkD-AtHmQf_2fUaOPuOrpUw-kL-ZuhdOkAEpk_7VZuCYwst6Ygg4KEXV-Llge9AD0s1OcTJmZMQVDptUzxpPSMBDWkykPlk=s0- Dull Pain (from Invulnerability) - Self Heal ,+Max HP

fFkdcekioftNgrTa0n96D3VC1jThil_1ZEorB8fRPluA-0RKtORdgurvkNuCy2NTyXgb0vx0pOLMFPD34QnNZT4HBH-g8kHM3Tgb9rRVGoRRiAZXr4J3ze_R0-i18ngLFEYet8MH=s0 - Defense Training (from Ice Armor: Wet Ice) - Toggle: Self +DEF(All), +Res(Disorient, Immob, Hold, Sleep, Slow, Knockback, DEF DeBuff) 

bmt5fE5UDd8kRg-D4W774NcCClktZogheMSIoYP8p_gHf9iPqu8oVv7Ik5KSGdTuxM2i9_twunem4Qn-jHXCnlKi-Tefp5Wf1T1aIdty8YW4SC9URJX0LWKiHZgPmQUY7Rex5-gK=s0 - Tactical Training: Maneuvers (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +Defense 

hXjvNvD9I6RQa5DwE50zkVoDYOlP1Ape12ttSuVhtiIdNX16njTnhDqIk5KGHtehflivD57VRYC8jk4dmf5LZiD6bSoJDakEb9gjJ8krrzStjbADUrq5mNeQqaXr0XNWUFSkuTdt=s0 - Tactical Training: Assault (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +Damage +Resistance (Taunt, Placate)

0BYvUvobbbOFN49cC7ZZ5DcUNl79ft0NAhEICNShsR-Vn4nzagNIQwVFZLujkiGgK6qWxp6jFQCsEu_p84Mz8QYR5VsRVpaB6RNQKb9NdgVOdT4rb-flIfB6Gf4Ntk-9oJa2dqli=s0 - Tactical Training: Leadership (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +ToHit +Perception +Resistance (Confuse, Terrorize)

sTRKZ5AyR020ndf0R1YPLiCUrHRpHMneucVE9XBVCZTSKwVZWBbX5xScVw11MOwnZNosbe5EsY123hhEKrgEKsJrWMP5gFtGfYV7NYxPYi7u7HrJk7evETcyTrBYfJmGQqsI5A6p=s0 - Lay on Hands (from Invulnerability: Dull Pain Swapped to Ranged) - Ranged, Ally Heal ,+Max HP

ZTfMDYGEYrEqx89Ys-4yLx1odV9OVfjZ0p6ZiOqyhGtuJG-8aPPd3At8IzoQ9qGTaec4l6hHR3IGAjhrzp4lH56BxhE-LhIEAJP16GJr0i2Y6LQsFGZNkKvc6SJNWHUXXIjPKMyq=s0 - Smite (From Energy Blast: Sniper Blast) Sniper, Extreme DMG(Energy/Smash), Foe -Max HP

I hear people asking about melee support and I thought of how some of the tools are there in VEATs but stuck with that theme. This takes existing game assets to create a mixed armor base, then some passive support, then for paladin theming lay on hands and smite which are renamed game assets as noted.

• Thumbs Up 3

@ironjoe it's an interesting concept using the VEAT leadership abilities in an armor set, and I can definitely see room for it in the current lineup of powersets available to melee archetypes.

The idea of 'Paladin Armor' seems a bit more fitting for a Fantasy MMO than a Superhero one, but a team-based armor set is an interesting concept! I'd suggest maybe a few thematic edits to bring it more in line with the setting, and perhaps focusing on that teamwork/tactics element as a theme instead.

Tactical Armor

RA5vxkXUcE_Qce9v_G2BRa6fuEC251fX3b_flZLAHm5phky8PEdP7yEVPH1pRfLzIczLI6yI3iDedl-CaE7IqJuzxxOrnxby9i6S0TvG69FrWAy5H0wg1AXu5ssRhiJo4FUM2Zl_=s0 - High Pain Tolerance (From Willpower) - Auto: Self +Res(All), +Max Health

SWGibzHilCJuus6lhdgmgiH64KHP4QbEYJiIux4hZY7imMiSTSp3XOhI7dAkAoq-ERwA0_jDjXWT7rbEN8VDT7MRwdRy6y1jWILRiXcNXLlagtqzyjYcWTAa4Y9vkuvDFiISl7Os=s0 - Temp Invulnerability (from Invulnerability) - Toggle: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal)  

l77pH2mTM3d2h4CApzVWdRh9wtIUohNauaBnWhRUExkD-AtHmQf_2fUaOPuOrpUw-kL-ZuhdOkAEpk_7VZuCYwst6Ygg4KEXV-Llge9AD0s1OcTJmZMQVDptUzxpPSMBDWkykPlk=s0 - Dull Pain (from Invulnerability) - Self Heal ,+Max HP

fFkdcekioftNgrTa0n96D3VC1jThil_1ZEorB8fRPluA-0RKtORdgurvkNuCy2NTyXgb0vx0pOLMFPD34QnNZT4HBH-g8kHM3Tgb9rRVGoRRiAZXr4J3ze_R0-i18ngLFEYet8MH=s0 - Defense Training (from Ice Armor: Wet Ice) - Toggle: Self +DEF(All), +Res(Disorient, Immob, Hold, Sleep, Slow, Knockback, DEF DeBuff) 

bmt5fE5UDd8kRg-D4W774NcCClktZogheMSIoYP8p_gHf9iPqu8oVv7Ik5KSGdTuxM2i9_twunem4Qn-jHXCnlKi-Tefp5Wf1T1aIdty8YW4SC9URJX0LWKiHZgPmQUY7Rex5-gK=s0 - Tactical Training: Maneuvers (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +Defense 

hXjvNvD9I6RQa5DwE50zkVoDYOlP1Ape12ttSuVhtiIdNX16njTnhDqIk5KGHtehflivD57VRYC8jk4dmf5LZiD6bSoJDakEb9gjJ8krrzStjbADUrq5mNeQqaXr0XNWUFSkuTdt=s0 - Tactical Training: Assault (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +Damage +Resistance (Taunt, Placate)

0BYvUvobbbOFN49cC7ZZ5DcUNl79ft0NAhEICNShsR-Vn4nzagNIQwVFZLujkiGgK6qWxp6jFQCsEu_p84Mz8QYR5VsRVpaB6RNQKb9NdgVOdT4rb-flIfB6Gf4Ntk-9oJa2dqli=s0 - Tactical Training: Leadership (from Training and Gadgets) - Toggle PBAoE, Team: +ToHit +Perception +Resistance (Confuse, Terrorize)

sTRKZ5AyR020ndf0R1YPLiCUrHRpHMneucVE9XBVCZTSKwVZWBbX5xScVw11MOwnZNosbe5EsY123hhEKrgEKsJrWMP5gFtGfYV7NYxPYi7u7HrJk7evETcyTrBYfJmGQqsI5A6p=s0 - Strategic Healing (from Invulnerability: Dull Pain Swapped to Ranged) - Ranged, Ally Heal ,+Max HP

ZTfMDYGEYrEqx89Ys-4yLx1odV9OVfjZ0p6ZiOqyhGtuJG-8aPPd3At8IzoQ9qGTaec4l6hHR3IGAjhrzp4lH56BxhE-LhIEAJP16GJr0i2Y6LQsFGZNkKvc6SJNWHUXXIjPKMyq=s0 - Tactical Strike (From Energy Blast: Sniper Blast) Sniper, Extreme DMG(Energy/Smash), Foe -Max HP

I hear people asking about melee support and I thought of how some of the tools are there in VEATs but stuck with that theme. This takes existing game assets to create a mixed armor base, then some passive support. I used the original theme name since that seemed to be the common inspiration for most people. If I were to rename things I would base it around the "tactical" name like above.

• Like 2

Since there's not many Support powersets in this thread yet I figured I'd try and make another!

In the past I've tried making Armor powersets out of borrowed assets from Support powersets, like Sonic Aura and Nature Armor, but this time I'm gonna do it the other way around and try using Bio Armor to try and make a workable Support powerset with a similar theme. Like Storm Summoning and Cold Domination, this powerset will share a select few powers with another, in this case Radiation Emission, which has a few powers that fit the theme nicely.

Biomodification

KineticBoost Transfusion.png - Leech: Similar power to 'Transfusion' or 'Twilight Grasp', reducing enemy Regeneration to provide a Healing AoE. Uses similar FX to 'DNA Siphon' on the target and allies.

Poison EnvenomAoE.png - Degeneration: Debuffs Regeneration, Healing and Recovery on foes in a ranged AoE. Uses the same target FX as DUST's 'Toxic Burst' on affected foes

RadiationPoisoning AccelerateMetabolism.png - Accelerate Metabolism: Same power from Radiation Emission, though uses similar FX to 'Efficient Adaption'

Poison WeakenAoE.png - Infection: Debuffs Resistance and Defense on foes in a ranged AoE. Uses the same target FX as 'Bile Spray' on affected foes

RadiationPoisoning Mutation.png - Mutation:  Same power from Radiation Emission, though uses similar FX to 'Ablative Carapace'

Poison Antidote.png - InoculateGrants Mez Protection and Poison/Cold Resistance to an allied target. Uses similar FX to 'DNA Siphon' on the target

KineticBoost SiphonPower.png - Genetic Modification: Grants Resistance, Regeneration, and Recovery on an allied target. Uses similar FX to 'Offensive Adaption'

KineticBoost Transferance.png - Parasites: Similar power to 'Transference', reducing enemy Recovery to grant Endurance to nearby allies. Uses similar FX to 'Parasitic Aura' on the target and allies.

Empathy Fortitude.png - Evolution: Boosts Damage and MaxHP, and grants an Endurance Discount to a single ally. Uses similar FX to 'Defensive Adaption'

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later

Got a pair of new ones, each of them based on suggestions made here in this thread or in the wider forum.

For the first, I'm going to try and make a Blast powerset that draws from the ideas of 'Telekinetic' or 'Gravity' style projection, borrowing from both themes to make a Kinetic Blast powerset, which allows me to reuse some material from the Kinetic Assault powerset earlier in the thread.

The second one is going to follow the idea of 'Speed Melee', but to ensure that it's not too niche I'm going to try and incorporate it into a sort of 'Sonic Melee' powerset that has similar themes, and borrows FX from other Sonic powersets.

Kinetic Blast

SonicBlast Quick.png - Kinetic Bolt: A new power that uses the animation for Quick Strike to project a small kinetic projectile dealing light Smashing/Energy damage

SonicBlast Medium.png - Kinetic Blast: Another new power, using the animation of 'Hydro Blast' and FX of Focused Burst, dealing moderate Smashing/Light damage

KineticAttack RepulsingTorrent.png - Repulsing Torrent: Taken directly from Kinetic Melee, which works nicely as a ranged cone power

SonicBlast Heavy.png - Propel: Taken from Gravity Control, but with similar FX to Kinetic Melee's 'Power Siphon' ability

SonicBlast Aim.png - Draw Debris: Standard Aim power of blast sets, but also adds Lethal damage to attacks. Player gains the 'Magnetic' aura FX for the duration. Attacks have similar small props

KineticAttack Burst.png - Burst: Another taken directly from Kinetic Melee, fitting for a PBAoE damage power

SonicBlast Cone.png - Scatter: A new cone power that uses the 'Wall of Force' animation, projecting random props much like Propel, dealing high Smashing/Lethal damage

KineticAttack FocusedBurst.png - Focused Burst: Taken from Kinetic Melee, working as a close ranged high damage blast attack

SonicBlast MassiveDamage.png - Collapse: Another new power that creates a large AoE field that barrages foes with random props, dealing extreme Smahsing/Lethal DoT

Sonic Melee

Mace Bash.png - Quick Attack: A low Smashing/Energy damage attack that uses the 'Initial Strike' animation with Sonic FX on the fists

Mace Pulverize.png - Sonic Strikes: A heavier Smashing/Energy attack that uses Energy Melee's 'Barrage' animation with heavier Sonic FX on the arms

ShadowFighting ShadowMaul.png - Pummelling Blows: A cone attack that deals moderate Smashing/Energy DoT and uses the 'Flurry'/'Shadow Maul' animation, with waves of Sonic FX hitting targets

Mace BuildUp.png - Tempo: A build up power that also increases recharge on your Sonic Melee attacks

ShieldDefense ShieldCharge.png - Sonic Propulsion: Similar power to 'Burst of Speed' from Martial Combat, teleporting you to enemies and dealing low Smashing damage in an AoE

Sword Parry.png - Dizzying Feint: Similar power to 'Parry'/'Divine Avalanche', dealing light damage and boosting defense. Uses the Kinetic Melee 'Body Blow' animation

Sword WhirlingSword.png - Quaking Blast: An AoE power that uses the 'Geyser' animation, creating a sonic field much like 'Liquify' that deals moderate Smashing damage and knocks foes down

Mace Clobber.png - Vibrate: An extreme Smashing/Energy DoT power that uses the 'Concentrated Strike' animation, with heavy Sonic FX on the arms

Mace CrowdControl.png - Ripple: A close ranged cone power that uses Street Justice's 'Sweeping Strike' animation, projecting a wave of Sonic FX and deals high Energy/Smashing damage

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 3

Since we're on the topic of frequently requested powersets, I figured I'd try my hand at the much demanded 'Psionic Aura' powerset.

It's come up a fair few times in the suggestions thread already, but I wanted to give it a try using the same power-recycling methodology that this thread is based around. To that end, I've actually found a fair few existing powers that can be borrowed and used to create a Psionic based armor powerset without many tweaks, and enough unique FX assets from other sources to make up the rest of the powerset.

Psionic Aura

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Telekinetic Armor: A new toggle power that uses the same FX of Psionic Mastery's 'Mind over Body'. Grants Smashing/Lethal Defense and resistance to KB, KD and Immobilize 

EnergyAura PowerArmor.png - Mind Shield: A new autopower that improves Psionic resistance and defense

MentalControl WorldOfConfusion.png - World of Confusion: Taken from Mental Manipulation, works nice as an AoE damage power with additional mez potential

EnergyAura PowerShield.png - Psionic Armor: A new toggle power that uses the same FX of Psionic Mastery's 'Indomitable Will'. Grants Fire/Cold/Psionic Defense and resistance to Hold, Stun, Confuse, Sleep, Taunt and Placate

EnergyAura Protection.png - Synaptic Armor: A new toggle power that uses similar FX to 'Mind Probe' (throughout your own body). grants Energy/Negative Defense and resistance to Slow, End Drain, and -Recharge

WidowTeamwork MaskPresence.png - Mask Presence: Taken from Widow's Teamwork, filling a similar role to Energy Cloak and Cloak of Darkness (Stalkers get Hide instead)

Teamwork Foresight.png - Foresight: Another Widow power, providing a little more mez protection and a slight boost to defense

PsionicAssault PsychicSiphon.png - Drain Psyche: Another Mental Manipulation power, draining enemy regen and recovery to boost your own

EnergyAura Overload.png - Mental Empowerment: A new click power that greatly increases recharge, perception, ToHit and provides an endurance discount. Uses similar FX to 'Fortitude'

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

Now that we have our own Seismic Blast & Earth Manipulation, this thread could be awesome for the future.

Good work on all these 21 pages 🙂

I guess almost two years of curating this thread paid off, and I couldn't be more delighted that it was the first batch of suggestions that made it through to development! I've always wanted more Stone/Earth powers, so I'm overjoyed to see them implemented in the game!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

To celebrate the new Stone powers being added to the game I figured I'd do a pro gamer move... recycle my own Stone Blast powerset!

The development team did an amazing job of creating an incredible new powerset that surpassed all my expectations, and I really appreciate them putting the powerset that started this little project off into the game. Obviously the concept powerset here differs enough from the official version that we can still play around with the powers that didn't make it into Seismic Blast, so I've decided to reuse them and create a handful of new powersets based on the unused powers.

Molten Blast

FireBlast Flare.png - Molten Bolt: A new power that fires a smaller projectile than Lava Blast (see below), but has the same FX. Dealing moderate fire DoT

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast: A power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling lava that deals high fire DoT

FireBlast ArcOfFire.png - Lava Flow: A new cone power that uses similar FX to Plasma Spray (but orange and with lava FX layered over it). Deals moderate fire DoT in a cone

FireBlast Aim.png - Aim: Standard aim power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FireBlast FireBall.png - Basalt Bomb: Another power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling a ball of magma that explodes and deals high fire DoT

FireBlast Blaze.png - Magma Blast: A new power that works as a larger version of Lava Blast, but leaves the 'Melt Armor' FX on the target. Deals superior fire DoT

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Pool of Lava: A new power that works as a ranged version of Mud Pots, creating a patch that deals fire DoT and slows foes much like Rain of Fire

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite: Another Minions of Igneous power, holds a foe and deals moderate fire DoT

FireBlast Inferno.png Eruption: A new power that creates a massive explosion that leaves a wide patch of lava, dealing very high fire/smashing damage and superior fire DoT. FX is a similar spout of liquid to Geyser (albeit bigger) spewing chunks of lava like other powers in this set. Targets have similar 'Melt Armor' FX as Magma Blast

Molten Melee

FieryFray TargetedLightMelee.png - Molten Strike: A new power that deals minor smashing damage and minor fire DoT, uses the standard Brawl animation and FX similar to Magma Smash (see below)

FieryFray Scorch.png - Magma Smash: A power belonging to Minions of Igneous, dealing moderate smashing damage and light fire DoT, uses the Boxing animation

FieryFray BreathingFire.png - Lava Burst: Similar power to Lava Flow (see above) but with reduced range.

FieryFray FollowUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FieryFray WillOWisp.png/FieryFray Placate.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power

FieryFray Incinerate.png - Volcanic Blow: A heavier version of Magma Smash, which also leaves similar melting FX to Melt Armor. Deals high smashing damage and moderate fire DoT

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Basalt Blast: A PBAoE version of Basalt Bomb, with similar damage values

FireBlast Blaze.png - Pyroclast: A close ranged attack that looks similar to Magma Blast (see above), but deals heavy smashing damage and moderate fire DoT

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite Grasp: A melee version of Ryolite, though deals superior fire DoT

Molten Assault

FireBlast Flare.png - Molten Bolt: A new power that fires a smaller projectile than Lava Blast (see below), but has the same FX. Dealing moderate fire DoT

FieryFray Scorch.png - Magma Smash: A power belonging to Minions of Igneous, dealing moderate smashing damage and light fire DoT, uses the Boxing animation

FireBlast ArcOfFire.png - Lava Flow: A new cone power that uses similar FX to Plamsa Spray (but orange and with lava FX layered over it). Deals moderate fire DoT in a cone

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast: A power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling lava that deals high fire DoT

FieryFray FollowUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Basalt Blast: A PBAoE version of Basalt Bomb, with similar damage values

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Pool of Lava: A new power that works as a ranged version of Mud Pots, creating a patch that deals fire DoT and slows foes much like Rain of Fire

FireBlast Blaze.png - Magma Blast: A new power that works as a larger version of Lava Blast, but leaves the 'Melt Armor' FX on the target. Deals superior fire DoT

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite Grasp: A melee version of Ryolite, though deals superior fire DoT

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 5