What really would interest me is an Illusion Defense type for Melee Characters like Scrappers and Stalkers.

Basically less pets than the Controller version. You could make yourself invisible, have a fear aura and spawn the phantom army (2 Doubles, who would do less or almost no damage but could distract the enemy). Also the defense could mainly be based on evasion like super reflexes does.

spacer.png

Edited by Ashington
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2021 at 11:00 AM, Tyrannical said:

This one is something of a request, and it's going to be another blast powerset. This time around I'm looking at making a 'Single Pistol' powerset possible, something a little more subtle than Dual Pistol's flashy and acrobatic combat style, and has a different mechanic than 'Swap Ammo' so it isn't too similar.

The trouble is, how do we set this apart from Dual Pistols? or other lethal ranged powersets like Assault Rifle and Archery? Without an ammo swap mechanic, it seems fairly generic, so perhaps some sort of 'stance' mechanic that changes which area of the body you target? 

Marksman Pistol

DualPistols Pistols.png - Hip Fire: Uses the default hip-fire animation of most NPCs, dealing low lethal damage

DualPistols DualWield.png - Single Shot: Uses the same animations as the Thugs 'Pistols' power, but intended for one gun. Deals moderate lethal damage

DualPistols EmptyClips.png - Covering Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Cone Blast' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals moderate lethal DoT in a cone

AssaultWeapons Aim.png - Focus Fire: Unlocks a set of three toggles that cannot be active at the same time. Without a toggle active you will simply receive an innate boost to accuracy with some powers having a chance to knockdown

• Slow, Movement.png - Leg Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Speed and some have a chance to Immobilize
  • Slow, Recharge.png - Arm Shots: All attacks reduce your target's Recharge, and some have a chance to heavily debuff damage
  • Disorient.png - Head Shots: All attacks reduce your target's ToHit, and some have a chance to Stun

DualPistols ExecutionersShot.png - Aimed Shot: Uses the two-handed grip animation of NPCs, dealing high lethal damage

AssaultWeapons ShotgunBeanbag.png - Wild Shot: Same power that PPD have, firing multiple shots from your pistol, dealing moderate lethal DoT and heavily reducing enemy defense

AssaultWeapons DOT.png - Rapid Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals superior lethal DoT to a single target

AssaultWeapons ARFullAuto.png - Empty Clip: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Heavy Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals high lethal DoT in a cone

DualPistols HailofBullets.png - Ricochet: Uses the same animation as Dual Pistols' Executioner's Shot' firing a chaining projectile that deals extreme lethal damage

Someone asked to rework this into a debuff set, Same set of animations as discussed above.

Hip Fire: Very low damage, just a quick shot, debuffs damage on a single target

Single Shot: Poison Round. You take a moment to load a special round, debuffs regeneration on a single target.

Covering Fire: You spray a cone of bullets a certain direction to make people duck out of the way. to-hit debuff, does no damage

Focus Fire: Your attacks are most potent when targeting single enemy. Every attack that hits an enemy stacks Focus, making your debuffs more effective, wearing off over time.

Aimed Shot: You aim carefully to incapacitate your target. Target - resistance, -special

Rapid Fire: Minor damage, but adds multiple stacks of Focus quickly

Wild Shots: Random shots to make the aimed shots harder to detect and react to. defense debuff does no damage

Empty Clip: clears Focus stacks on main target, a number of targets within a radius of your target all get debuffed with -resistance

Ricochet: As described above, a chaining projectile, but only does extreme lethal damage to the first target, moderate damage to other targets, and has a pretty high chance to stun and a damage debuff.

• Like 1

Since melee stuff is fairly easy in terms of visual FX, I'm gonna try and work with the 'Water' theme now that we have all these new Stone powerset updates, and move onto the next 'element' on my shopping list of powersets!

This time around I'm looking at how to make a suitable Water based melee and armor powerset. For the melee powerset, I wanna try and focus on that cold damage, but with a little bit of fire damage too so it's a little similar to Water Blast. The armor powerset I want to work as a typed defense powerset with a little bit of healing mixed in for good measure.

Hydro Melee

IcyOnslaught FrozenFist.png - Aqua Strike: Simple minor smash/cold melee power. Uses similar hand FX to most Water Blast powers with a standard 'Brawl' animation

ElectricityManipulation HavokPunch.png - Piercing Jet: A more powerful lethal/cold melee power. Uses the 'Assassin's Psi Blade' stab animation with similar FX to 'Water Jet'

ElectricMelee ConeModerateDmg.png - Steam Blast: A moderate fire DoT cone power. Uses similar FX to 'Steam Spray' but with the animation of 'Jacobs Ladder'

IcyOnslaught FollowUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power

IcyOnslaught Taunt.png/IcyOnslaught Placate.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power

ElectricityManipulation LightningField.png - Vortex: A PBAoE attack that deals moderate smashing/cold DoT. Uses a smaller version of 'Whirlpool' with the animation of 'Whirling Hands'

ElectricityManipulation ThunderStrike.png - Boil: A high fire DoT attack. Similar target FX to 'Steam Spray' and 'Heat Exhaustion' with the animation of 'Life Drain'

IcyOnslaught Frost.png - Hydro Cutter: Another cone attack that deals very high lethal/cold damage. Uses the 'Psi Blade Sweep' animation with similar FX to 'Water Jet'

ElectricityManipulation ShockingGrasp.png - Crushing Pressure: A superior smashing/cold DoT attack that holds the target. Target is held in a bubble not unlike the one from 'Hydro Blast'

Hydro Armor

IceArmor IceArmor.png - Hydro Shield: A smashing/lethal defense toggle, with some minor resistance to fire. Similar aura FX to generic Water Blast attacks, centred on the body

IceArmor HP.png - Hydration: An autopower that increases MaxHP and provides resistance to -End and -Recovery

IceArmor Icicles.png - Hot Spring: A toggle that deals fire DoT in an PBAoE. Uses the same FX as 'Corrosive Vail' (default tinting is light blue)

IceArmor Permafrost.png - Steam Shield: A fire/cold defense toggle, with minor resistance to cold. Uses similar aura FX to 'Steam Blast'

EnergyAura Entropy.png - Slippery: A toggle that provides mez protection. Uses similar aura FX as 'Heat Exhaustion' and the droplet effects of 'Wet Ice'

EnergyAura Energize.png - Cleanse: A click power that heals the player and provides resistance to toxic. Similar FX to Water Blast's 'Tidal Forces' power

EnergyAura Protection.png - Deep Adaption: An autopower that grants some resistance to energy/negative damage, and boosts perception and resistance to -perception effects

WaterBlast Dehydrate.png - DesiccateA PBAoE version of 'Dehydrate', through effectiveness varies on how many targets are affected.

IceArmor Hybernate.png - Tidal Barrier: A click power that grants a big chunk of Absorb, Mez protection and positional defense. Puts you in a bubble like that of 'Hydro Blast'

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Patti said:

Why is Power Houser working on boring old Wind Control now when Throwing KNives is next on Tyrranty's list?

As much as I'd love to see some form of Throwing Weapons introduced to the game, Wind Control is something I'm really looking forward to seeing! That being said, @Captain Powerhouse is welcome to any of the powersets here once he's done with that 😉

So it's true, then?  That's the next Set being worked on?  

I saw Powerhouse's signature and assumed that's what it was hinting at, but didn't see any confirmations or any leaks (reliably sourced or otherwise).

I'm not surprised, and it -is- nice to hear a new Control Set will finally get made . . . but add my name to the list of players who want to see something more interesting.  Like Throwing Knives, or Blade Assault, or Street Combat Assault, or Riot Grenade Control, or Whip Control.  My biggest dreams are still -something- to give Controllers and Dominators some Natural vibes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if one should take a signature as a dev's hint or a "teehee" sneaky thing.

From what I know/have seen, if they do work with Wind Control it's going to not be as-seen via the wiki page. 

At least it's not another Blast set though. 😉

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• Developer
On 12/5/2021 at 5:18 PM, Patti said:

Why is Power Houser working on boring old Wind Control now when Throwing KNives is next on Tyrranty's list?

I'm working on what? All I am working on is my Christmas break, and no set is currently being worked on. After the break its just a few more tweaks on the existing stuff before moving on to the next thing, and the usual stuff.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Ohhh Flea, it's so obvious. Red lips, redside, kisses, special attention. Redside is getting some love.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

His lips are sealed 😉

yeah.. that makes more sense.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

So I don't know if this would be better suited as a power pool or a full-on powerset, but here goes:  Basically, your character would utilize a pair of gauntlets, (really it'd just be whatever gloves you had as part of your costume), to generate a variety of attacks.  Basically, think of a Mandalorian's weaponry;  You could have shocking punches that can stun, toxic darts, flame jets, cryo sprayers, etc.  It'd be a mid-range set that would offer a variety of abilities, without excelling in any one area.  I figure the animations are pretty much in the game already, it'd just be a matter of attaching various effects to them.  Heck, you could even include a medical dispenser to provide a healing ability, if desired...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, biostem said:

your character would utilize a pair of gauntlets, (really it'd just be whatever gloves you had as part of your costume), to generate a variety of attacks.  Basically, think of a Mandalorian's weaponry;  You could have shocking punches that can stun, toxic darts, flame jets, cryo sprayers, etc.  It'd be a mid-range set that would offer a variety of abilities, without excelling in any one area. 

This could work for a very nice Blast, Manipulation or Assault Powerset, maybe even all three!

There's plenty of assets that could make it a reality, as well as animations that could be pulled from NPCs like the Praetorian Clockwork and MM Robots to emulate a lot of wrist-blasting.

• Thanks 1

I love love love the idea of both of these sets! Especially if the attacks has plenty of splashing and surging water like the Blast set.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, Tyrannical said:

IceArmor Hybernate.png - Tidal Barrier: A click power that grants a big chunk of Absorb, Mez protection and positional defense. Puts you in a bubble like that of 'Hydro Blast'

It would be funny if when the buff ran out, the bubble burst and had a chance to knock down enemies in a small radius 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

A "Variety Pack" Blast Set could be really cool, but I think it would be best if -every- Ranged Power could have an optional wrist-mounted animation to choose from, along with breath, et cetera.

If I was ever put in charge of CoH2 my first call would be to get rid of weapon powersets, and just make it so every powerset has options for weapons and props.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

If I was ever put in charge of CoH2 my first call would be to get rid of weapon powersets, and just make it so every powerset has options for weapons and props.

Like.. get rid of Dual Blades, Katana, Broad Sword, Dual Pistols, Shield?

I am intrigued by how this would work. I am definitely a fan of having options.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Troo said:

Like.. get rid of Dual Blades, Katana, Broad Sword, Dual Pistols, Shield?

I am intrigued by how this would work. I am definitely a fan of having options.

I guess in theory powersets would just have a sort of loose theme with multiple customisation options, like a 'Lethal Melee' allowing for Savage Melee or Claws style combat, or use of bladed weapons like Broad Sword or Dual Blades... mechanically you could have one power with tons of customisation options for animations, FX and props.

But this kinda thing is likely not suitable for CoH as we know it, given the limitations present in the code, especially where weapons are concerned.... more like wishful thinking if we ever see a sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Following on from my previous attempt at reverse engineering Bio Armor into a Support powerset, I figured I may try and push the theme further and follow a similar idea to the Bio Melee powerset created by @Dinictus. So I'm going to try an create similar themed powersets for Blast and Control, as well as an Assault and Manipulation powerset since most of the work would be done already.

Bio Blast

RadiationBurst NeutrinoBlast.png - Decay: A new power that uses similar particle FX of the 'Adaption' powers to fire a gross looking projectile, dealing minor lethal damage and light toxic DoT 

RadiationBurst XRayBeam.pngGenotoxin: Another new power with similar FX to 'DNA Siphon', though projecting it instead. Deals moderate lethal damage and minor toxic DoT and reduces regen

ElectricMelee TargetedChainInduction.png - Retrovirus: A new power that chains between targets with similar FX to 'DNA Siphon' again, this time linking between foes. Deals moderate lethal/toxic DoT and reduces regen

Experimentation ToxicDart.png - Putrescence: A power that uses the FX of 'Parasitic Leech', though like Genotoxin you project it instead. Deals high lethal damage and moderate toxic DoT and reduces regen

RadiationBurst Aim.png - Aim: Standard aim power

RadiationBurst RadiationBlast.png - Infection: An AoE power that uses a heavier cloudy FX of 'Genetic Corruption' on foes in an area. Deals moderate lethal/toxic DoT in an AoE and reduces regen

RadiationBurst Heavy.png - Blight: This power projects a smaller version of the 'Ablative Carapace' FX, striking a foe and covering them with the 'Slime' aura. Deals superior lethal damage and high toxic DoT and greatly reduces regen

RadiationMelee RadiationSiphon.png - Parasitic Siphon: A new power that acts as a single target version of DNA Siphon, and deals moderate lethal/toxic damage

RadiationBurst AtomicBlast.png - Mutagenesis: A powerful PBAoE power that uses the same FX as 'Parasitic Aura', but projecting to all nearby foes instead. Deals extreme lethal/toxic DoT and greatly reduces regen

Bio Control

AtomicManipulation Immob.png - Bind: An immobilize power that encases the target's legs in similar biomatter to Bio Armor powers. Also deals light lethal/toxic DoT

AtomicManipulation Hold.png - Cocoon: A hold power that encases a target in a similar FX to 'Ablative Carapace', dealing moderate smashing DoT

FortunataTeamwork Confuse.png - Parasite: A confuse power that affixes a Bio Armor-like shell to a target's head. Deals moderate psionic damage over time. When the target is defeated, it spawns a temporary minion (likely an edit of the Banespawn model with a bite attack)

PlantControl Roots.png - Mass Bind: An AoE version of Bind

NightWidowTraining SmokeGrenade.png - Bacteria: A new power that uses the cloudy FX of 'Adaption' powers with the 'Microbial' Aura on top. blinds targets while reducing regen

PlantControl SpiritTree.png - DNA Extraction: An AoE version of 'DNA Siphon' that only targets defeated foes and heals all nearby allies

PlantControl SporeBurst.png - Pestilence: A sleep power that slowly chains between targets for its duration, with similar FX to 'Genetic Contamination' on each target

AtomicManipulation HoldPBAoE.png - Mass Cocoon: A PBAoE version of Cocoon

FortunataTeamwork AuraOfConfusion.png - Mass Parasites: An AoE version of Parasite

Bio Assault:

RadiationBurst NeutrinoBlast.png - Decay: A new power that uses similar particle FX of 'Adaption' powers to fire a gross looking projectile, dealing minor lethal damage and light toxic DoT

RadiationMelee ContaminatedStrike.png - Contaminate: A new melee power that uses the same animation as 'Mind Probe' and the FX of 'DNA Siphon'. Deals moderate toxic DoT

ElectricMelee TargetedChainInduction.png - Retrovirus: A new power that chains between targets with similar FX to 'DNA Siphon' again, this time linking between foes. Deals moderate lethal/toxic DoT to each target

RadiationBurst XRayBeam.png - Genotoxin: Another new power with similar FX to 'DNA Siphon', though projecting it instead. Deals moderate lethal damage and minor toxic DoT

RadiationMelee BuildUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power

RadiationBurst Irradiate.png - Pestilence: A PBAoE power with similar FX to the 'Infection' power (see above), and has similar damage values. Uses the 'Electron Haze' animation

RadiationMelee RadiationSiphon.png - Parasitic Siphon: A new power that acts as a single target version of DNA Siphon, and deals moderate lethal/toxic damage

RadiationMelee DevastatingBlow.png - Degenerate: Another new melee power that uses the 'Life Drain' animation, and has similar FX to 'Parasitic Leech', but on a single target

RadiationBurst Heavy.png - Blight: This power projects a smaller version of the 'Ablative Carapace' FX, striking a foe and covering them with the 'Slime' aura. Deals superior lethal damage and high toxic DoT

Bio Manipulation:

AtomicManipulation Immob.png - Bind: An immobilize power that encases the foes legs in similar biomatter to Bio Armor powers. Also deals light lethal/toxic DoT

RadiationMelee ContaminatedStrike.png - Contaminate: A new melee power that uses the same animation as 'Mind Probe' and the FX of 'DNA Siphon'. Deals moderate toxic DoT

BioOrganicArmor GeneticContamination.png - Genetic Breakdown: A reworked version of 'Genetic Contamination' that doesn't have the -DMG effect

RadiationMelee BuildUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power

RadiationBurst Irradiate.png - Pestilence: A PBAoE power with similar FX to the 'Infection' power (see above), and has similar damage values. Uses the 'Electron Haze' animation

BioOrganicArmor AblativeCarapace.png - Metabolic Acceleration: A copy of the power from Atomic Manipulation, though uses the 'Efficient Adaption' FX instead

RadiationMelee DevastatingBlow.png - Degenerate: Another new melee power that uses the 'Life Drain' animation, and has similar FX to 'Parasitic Leech', but on a single target

BioOrganicArmor DNASiphon.png - DNA Siphon: Taken directly from Bio Armor with no changes

AtomicManipulation Hold.png - Cocoon: A hold power that encases a target in a similar FX to 'Ablative Carapace', dealing moderate smashing DoT

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 4