Oh, this is a fun thread! So much imagination and creativity!

May I invite you to evaluate and criticise a powerset I always wanted to see?

FORCE MANIPULATION

Blaster Secondary

1 - Force Bolt

Ranged attack, single target, moderate smashing damage, knockback. Animation: Forcebolt (Force Field).

This is the basic Force Bolt we've had for all these years, only with damage scaled up to match a tier 1 blaster secondary.

2 - Launch

Melee attack, single target, high smashing damage, knock-up and chance for stun. Animation: Lift (Gravity Control).

This is a standard tier 2 blaster melee attack, following the theme of expanding force fields throwing the opponent around.

3 - Force Cage

Ranged attack, single target, moderate smashing damage over time, hold. Animation: Detention Field (Force Field).

This is your average low-tier blaster secondary hold power. Maybe it could use another rider effect, like defence debuff, but it is probably good enough as-is.

4 - Pinball Charge

Location Attack, area of effect, moderate smashing damage, chance for knockdown, self teleport. Animation: Shield Charge (animation, from Shield Defence) and Personal Force Field (aura, from Force Field).

This is stolen from Martial Combat's Burst of Speed. Maybe the power can have the "3-uses before recharge" effect of BoS, or maybe just a single use?

5 - Infused Force

Click, bonus damage, bonus to-hit, absorption shield. Animation: Build Up.

This is the semi-compulsory build up of a blaster secondary, with the added effect of a moderate absorption shield. What percentage, though? 10-15%? Or higher, since it only lasts 10 seconds? Or perhaps let the absorb linger for 30 seconds, while the damage and to-hit buff expire after the standard 10 seconds?

6 - Personal Force Cover

Toggle, absorption shield, endurance discount, small defence bonus, stun protection. Animation: Personal Force Field (Force Field).

This is the sustain power of the blaster secondary. Many of these use regeneration and recovery boosts, but I feel endurance discount is underutilised. Maybe the bubble captures and recycles the energy expended by the blaster? Defence bonus could be similar to Shinobi or Gymnastics. Just a little bit, since it is a force field bubble, after all! Stun protection, similar to how Energize works, also harkens back to its distant ancestor in Dispersion Bubble.

7 - Repulsion Blast

PBAoE Attack, moderate smashing damage, knockdown, disorient. Animation: Repulsion Bomb (reduced to 1.5 seconds?) (Force Field).

This is the melee area of effect power that appears in many blaster secondaries. Similar to Psychic Shockwave, it offers a bit of crowd control at the expense of putting yourself in the middle of the fight.

8 - Feedback Field

Toggle, effect radius 25 (?), enemy defence penalty, enemy stealth penalty. Animation: Dispersion Bubble (Force Field).

I imagine this as a reversed-Leadership: Tactics. Instead of providing bonus to hit and perception, it penalises the opponents. Some sort of wide force field active sonar effect that impedes and reveals any opponents who wander into the effect?

9 - Compression Field

Melee attack, single target, extreme smashing damage over time, enemy resistance penalty, hold. Animation: Repulsion Field (placed on target, and played in reverse).

This is the heavy melee hit that many blaster secondaries get. The resistance penalty hits with every damage tick, showing how the field compresses further and further on the target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the thread @Sylapsis!

So far it looks to be a pretty good Manipulation powerset. My only advice would be to drop the +Absorb effect from Infused Force, and maybe swap Feedback Field with a damaging AoE power similar to Death Shroud or World of Confusion, and bring it down to the 3rd ability just before Force Cage.

This may have been suggested already, but here goes:

Beam Rifle Support, (basically uses the existing beam rifle animations, with an appropriate effect added to the affected target(s)).

1. Regeneron Beam - Delivers a bolt containing beneficial nanites, granting a minor upfront heal + HoT.  Places the "nanite payload" effect on the target, which causes any subsequent Beam Rifle Support powers used on said target to become small AoEs centered around them.

2. Impulse Beam - Attempts to weaken the bonds of the enemy target, lowering their defense, damage resist, and regeneration.  Places the "nanite payload" effect on the target.

3. Bolstering Beam - Reinforces the target's structural integrity, providing a slight bonus to their damage resistance against all sources, granting a tohit buff and restoring some endurance.  Also grants the target the "nanite payload buff".

4. Molecular Weakening Beam - Reduces the structural integrity of a targeted area, causing enemies that pass through it to move and react more slowly, thereby also reducing their defense and ability to fly or jump away.

5. Encapsulation Beam - Places a very powerful energy shroud around the target.  If used on an ally, this grants them a strong defensive and status effect protection buff.  If used on an enemy, it attempts to hold them in place.  This power acts as a toggle, with an escalating end cost, and automatically shuts off after 30 seconds.

6. Neuro-Disruptor Beam - Attempts to overwhelm the target's sensory abilities, reducing their chance to hit and the damage they deal.

7. Defibrillation Beam - Resurrects a fallen ally to full health.  Grants them a temporary barrier, similar to that of Encapsulation Beam, for about 5 seconds.

8. Fixed Beam Turret - Places an immobile turret with a variant of your beam rifle, which periodically fires a Regeron Beam at allies and Impulse Beams at enemies.

9. Mobile Beam Drone - Launches a mobile automated version of your beam rifle, which periodically fires Bolstering Beams at friendly targets and both Charged Shots, (as per the Beam Rifle set), and Neuro-Disruptor Beams at enemy targets.

*Note - Turrets do not benefit from the "nanite payload" effect.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 5

On 12/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, Tyrannical said:

Following on from my previous attempt at reverse engineering Bio Armor into a Support powerset, I figured I may try and push the theme further and follow a similar idea to the Bio Melee powerset created by @Dinictus. So I'm going to try an create similar themed powersets for Blast and Control, as well as an Assault and Manipulation powerset since most of the work would be done already.

I actually wanted to revisit that and also make a ranged attack set a ways back. The Nature support set has one Very Specific Attack that basically could be the basis for a lot of biologically grown flechette launchers.

Also legit, this is still the best illusion/clone based MM power set there ever was.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later
On 3/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, Tyrannical said:

Following on from this thread I decided to take a stab at the idea of making a beam-focused blast set that doesn't use a rifle.

In order to make it different enough to Beam Rifle, I decided to make this powerset energy/fire damage based, as well as reducing enemy DEF. This powerset has two animation styles; eye-lasers and arm-lasers so it can have a few different concepts to play with.

I know this means yet another energy damage blast set, but I'm hoping by making it a split between energy/fire we can forgive that and play a little more on the 'heat vision' theme that comes with the whole laser thing. 

The unique mechanic I was thinking with this powerset is perhaps generates stacks of 'laser focus' that increases your accuracy the more you use your single target powers. Laser focus is lost when you next use an AoE power (cutting laser, piercing laser, laser blast)

Laser Blast

BeamRifle SingleShot.png - Laser Bolt: Standard fast attack, dealing low energy/fire damage and reducing defense. Same FX as Robotic's 'Pulse Rifle Blast', with the animation of 'Psionic Dart'/'Neutrino Bolt'

BeamRifle ChargedShot.png - Laser Beam: A harder hitting blast attack, dealing moderate energy/fire damage and reducing defense. Same FX as Energy Mastery's 'Laser Eye Beam', with the animation of 'Laser Eye Beam'/'X-Ray Beam AltFX'

BeamRifle CuttingBeam.png - Sweeping Laser: A cone attack power, dealing moderate energy/fire damage to foes and heavily reducing defense. Same FX as War Walker's 'Sweeping Laser', with the animation of 'Shout'/'Steam Spray'

BeamRifle LancerShot.png - Laser Burst: A much stronger blast attack, dealing high energy/fire damage and reducing defense. Same FX as Robotics' 'Pulse Rifle Burst', with the animation of 'Scramble Thoughts'/'Cosmic Burst AltFX'

BeamRifle Aim.png - Aim: Standard Aim power

BeamRifle PenetratingRay.png - Focused Beam: A snipe power, dealing extreme energy/fire damage and reducing defense. Same FX as the Mk-VI VIctoria 'Plasma Eye Ray', with the animation of 'Psionic Lance'/'Sniper Blast'

PowerBlast PowerBurst.png - Power Beam: A heavy blast attack, dealing superior energy/fire damage and reducing defense. Same FX as Clockwork's 'Anti Matter Ray', with the animation of 'Terrify'/'Power Burst', or the classic Clockwork chest beam.

BeamRifle Disintegrate.png - Melting Ray: A debuff power, dealing high energy/fire DoT and reducing both defense and resistance. Same FX as Clockwork's 'Welding Ray' with the animation of 'Mental Blast'/'Power Push'

BeamRifle Overcharge.png - Laser Blast: A massive cone attack, dealing Extreme energy/fire damage and reducing defense and resistance. Same FX as the Clockwork 'Anti Matter Beam', with the animation of 'Liquefy AltFX (old)'/'Thunderous Blast', or the classic Clockwork chest beam.

I know I already responded to this one previously but I wanted to return to again say “YES PLEASE.” Devs, give us laser blasts you cowards!!! I have a main waiting for this set!

• Haha 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

• 2 weeks later
6 hours ago, xl8 said:

Good effort. Not really into the traps or pet idea.

The pet was the tricky part. I didn't want to use a humanoid character because I think that's more Mastermind's thing, but I figured I'd play into the Ninjitsu theme by exploring some Japanese mythology. The Enenra springs to mind as it's the alias of a popular Mortal Kombat ninja; Smoke.

As for the traps aspect, only the choking trap requires to be triggered by enemies, but since it's a hold field instead of a hold AoE, I think it's a fair way of balancing it out so it isnt too powerful compared to other powersets.

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

The pet was the tricky part. I didn't want to use a humanoid character because I think that's more Mastermind's thing, but I figured I'd play into the Ninjitsu theme by exploring some Japanese mythology. The Enenra springs to mind as it's the alias of a popular Mortal Kombat ninja; Smoke.

As for the traps aspect, only the choking trap requires to be triggered by enemies, but since it's a hold field instead of a hold AoE, I think it's a fair way of balancing it out so it isnt too powerful compared to other powersets.

For the pet, maybe an illusion of yourself?   Alternatively, take an existing ninja enemy in game, color them white and apply a weak stealth effect, bam, instant ghost ninja! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later

Bio Organic Control

Sticky Goo - Ranged Single Target: Immobilize / Toxic & Smashing Damage
*Defensive: 50% Chance for Hold
*Offensive: Additional Damage
*Efficient: Endurance Discount

Carapace Entrapment - Ranged Single Taget: Hold / Toxic & Smashing Damage
*Defensive: 25% Chance for +1 Mag Hold
*Offensive: -10% Resistance to Target

Pool of Goo - Ranged AOE: Slow
*Defensive: +Radius
*Offensive: -10% Regen
*Efficient: +Slow

Adaption - Defensive/Offensive/Efficient Modes

Evolving Decompostion - Toggle (PBAOE): -Resist
*Defensive: +Regen for every target in AOE
*Offensive: Additional -Resist

Primordial Ooze - PBAOE: Immobilize / Toxic & Smashing Damage
*Defensive: 10% Chance for Hold
*Offensive: Additional Damage
*Efficient: Increased Radius

Parasitic Entrapment - PBAOE: HOLD / -Regen / Toxic Damage
*Defensive: None
*Offensive: -10% Resist
*Efficient: Increased Radius

Genetic Contamination - Toggle (PBAOE): Minor Toxic Damage / -Damage
*Defensive: +Regen per Target in AOE
*Offensive: -10% Resist

Symbiotic Double - Pet
*Adaption has no effect
*Double is Character in full Bio

*Use ST Hold/Immobilize/Toggle (-Damage/Slow)/Melee Attack

Toggles Reuse Bio Armor's Armor skins
PBAOE's are DNA Siphon and Parasitic Aura like
Holds are Ablative Carapace animation
Pool of Goo is Tar Patch

Mostly reusing Bio Armor for a new Control Set!  Nothing set in stone in terms of Adaption, just ideas.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Mostly reusing Bio Armor for a new Control Set!  Nothing set in stone in terms of Adaption, just ideas.

That's actually a very interesting approach!  I could even see throwing in some of the spines animations as a sort of "offensive burst" attack afflicted upon your enemies...

5 hours ago, biostem said:

That's actually a very interesting approach!  I could even see throwing in some of the spines animations as a sort of "offensive burst" attack afflicted upon your enemies...

I hadn't bothered to see if anyone else had done anything with it yet, but I was thinking, while I still want that Temporal Armor more than anything 😉  I feel a fun control set could be made for Trollers and Doms out of the popular Bio Armor Set.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was looking for more options for Negative Energy attacks, saw the Void and Temporal Blasts, and thought why not a Dark Matter Rifle Blast set that brings a side of lethal damage as the dark matter shreds your enemies over time.  Beam rifle animations with model options for Void Hunter Rifle temporary power, Dimensional Grounding Ray (Kahn TF), Goldbricker Sonic Cannon (Aeon SF).

File:Void Hunter2.jpgDark Matter Blast

rs4pfQyzgzA_rw0k_prAz2mT8ZZvZrNCHNUq24lSZe9AxgkXyCV5AbwRsKhA1_YQHlD8EB7ZKAG-uF2eMRAZA0gdfOX4-DWIv_wSZOF1yNs6-EnL-vtrwWnYu-5e_IXZ_rb_S_SNV0ou3AHlhA Dark Matter Bolt - minor negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

pRJYJZqomEvXkCmyWEVpZ_YUdKn5HKGO-edjNfJP3TDa0Mqthg8F3ZyVUotsxFjrR84SBwEjL8qkSQ6GNQRoit7N_H57aw52Xom2hvHSVmahi5r7Autv8-4M7qjqwh2r2ghhDqpgFlGwZvb5qg Dark Matter Blast - moderate negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

alUd8l9I_RN0itVoLSRslwEDyLmW9Nj5EtVogBLDL2T_LBYrCWTE21Bqq9K5v2x--vASaDzc4ls0Dt2Z_OkFgjahLOYSHShrGBKYaVPf4S301tIaCuUDtIO7LjT6C-CDU0Pp2jAe9HdEDjDx_g Dark Matter Torrent - cone moderate negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

BZPcDhwPTpi5HHxDbpJCz5BUfnHgbAKWANXJ7I607svHCIegQ0XYnMrSKhgivcMxvvcHogMngVt0lshgMlhQ3hQK-XxiVnIaGotSdC2bmWvuhb9aoVC6Kgmg7mC_Sbl5KmEDgHGeGQpzrpaCOg Aim - Self +tohit +damage

_VbVZ_3TvUF535t_9SazNH1JiuIqSH0MH_L5mLx-eVIhuaVY7ilXh7A-0fPevlgAErfLP2ufEIXUcpXF7ALeNIoT7NGsCK2FVyi1v7-145ndkVnoiiQfgTAW3Vp3Qkb_ERr20atNcc00-ctaiw Dark Matter Beam - sniper, superior negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

f7nNMbBW4Npglv9DFTCGX3B-JsUDYO30_L3lXcSYeHPv49r2axsx5wo8KozagT9toFHs5lcKBRXbngzDMe1bkNNeTopC_EVcUkhi_zY42cF3kIaOCiuL7pX9lDkfcDtEAqKEElVJnVrSh5ogdA Dark Matter Collapse - PBAoE, minor negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT, Foe Knockup

gagqpLGJides22M8bSt3zWYWI9v7vj_-pmcWXoQtTJFMmu8RqvnDhqAjJqdgh-gCY1737AVUbzecDvTaXc1QP4TU38hPgW2NWxwIG6RWmzfH3zW7N7yC0oybHxemZliQXBBx68trqXZxWEJtUg Dark Matter Crush - hold, moderate negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

a2w2D7FoJOAg1HxWLyWDXeIu0tTZPnZUsuOGPKjcCVMGKPcVSKNFeGan-eTzTKAjF_QJMD-O0hxG3jSjIJTxI9Gx2nAF95vGjWAG4Qc-XiIWdhwlOz_P8z2Ya6oCSDRDo9KACJunOkC9A6yN-w Velocity - Foe -recharge, -movement speed, Self +recharge +movement speed

KbYDx7Lr9EDjYgucv2IITiRth1z05CPe7CjiparzxNQ9qlKwGz8h5Nhg_Gfn_quPzwgykGYOhjjnH5NaVL5YSV4gUC3FFqUn7fpfx29EEnh6mVYJTqHyUmUP7biOjZuZqWM09xhRWOO5dHJAwA Dark Explosion - targeted AOE, extreme negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

Dark Matter Manipulation

-MxgidZ-cw0RxzeHyQmxSyNeufZRP5MG4_d7rYEcijHG0WglKkQCEShC8FW4oqE2-74xtFfBjbyfSE53N4xmzXUhyc2y3cZ4WlJWuPJXmWiwgij_dICkJ_aOh7mcb4C1I5_r_SsuNf4l9uVlzg Dark Matter Pin - minor negative energy DoT, immobilizeWeapon_Drawn_Dimensional_Grounding_Ray.jpg

F_DcjzP4kF-m9LQV5ymvprisKXd44ctSTiY3FE_MLKxgduHhHFA10EMrNWe39PlEFyAd82lY2u9Ab_PN9j7RqoJf0HYmw17vj2jdcCSMZoVarr2cN_uPCd-yc3EMQqL9BkrkdQW2wHymz5s1Cw Dark Matter Bash - moderate negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

V1vCZLKHU8EBRPmFwHtWOYi6U6b4G_PcXLfgfV5Swveh3c7jsaPNXOb_6HQWvWy78kaSFNO0PMs7xneJ726zdamqpe3ArZR3UxJVnBC0yFPeBI1yfvwc7Lq4Wc8zmb4xGTcFSKFdUFVaTt3SDw Build Up - Self +tohit +damage

nq7EkNiwVkMm83FRbi4gJkv0Z0LpkJXhDCApsPS13Ql_Yfuhwrd3e_XGqCDV_1P0FAfBne6P7S352L0ZIPo8UEJiOp63Zx_IsOMe_G0_rLz4HuN8a9L6sn2DJ7R0IEaP9THkf9jgFuPabAsLLA Dark Matter Smash - high negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

vjX0AUjxpKRykgAig4qKT1emw1BDHKPWY8PGnKI2PrCRoNDOEgTFTtX25NHCrub0-P5laYYx4ueJqO4IaD_pCALfnrOqZhR2tK9y3_5LQ13o0QsWRekac9Ty4iMOYEhu-wHtfQIvc2iDRgK7FA Matter Collision - PBAOE, minor negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT, stun

m661rwNz6Qi65aY7kMLOVZX0AI8_RJy19Okixy7hS58_yUYVIRss1PAB_gbP69YltJls5HJY0A9mO7y7GMnDOvEHDhsqkqu33qpsnaDKfV-95dHTwGX1z2HFc-AfEsPMsjsJpzmjTkd-GC_ZhA Microwave - Foe -regen -recovery, Self +regen +recovery

8F6retByfzWBFOUkUwMeE-Keje4h1H-LNzQP8KjvwAhv7JVA6E7eAgdwzuM90BpzPvZuaTlzqeHAAJUBJRf2hUc513scWqMtUrH3vqZACcQ6RrM5PzylrOVezG4Vuid6wy8hAnQOcfuiIw-K8A Dark Phase - Self phase shift

aEL0XEN0m9oxcQpxptY7KKEDO_Og3xUuJA27V7BSHrTfvcj5tWemi7-m8xUJnEvNHbgPYMeGGVGIJ2a4-pYmy1IZkHr1b3uoj3t2b_F4W8F1yMbm4g28cHR0lyTft3J6V6KH0nRLXyFgK39ryQ Collider - PBAOE Foe blind, confuse

mGd5UUJ0Sm8M-HefjVHUwwubZV1GFl2tcEYuuIyEZBKWHReL-EzHoCZ3iOp_fzq37yHld6_BqPHmgL3_wIYglIF7Mr7509ppzvs11LNwb2tSOjo2JejiMm-5x3HQje114M2CL61Ie2oOMKUObA Dark Matter Barrage - extreme negative energy/lethal, negative energy DoT

• Like 3

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 2 weeks later

Swashbuckling Assault

A Sword and Pistol set for Dominators, combining right-hand broadsword options with left-handed pistols.

DualPistols_Pistols.png.d80ffb5abc394b91e3890bf20762b3ed.png Level 1) Snap Shot - Ranged, Minor DMG(*)
Sword Slash.png Level 2) Slash - Melee, Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe -DEF
DualPistols_DualWield.png.b74a3b08358e2040fafb2b6528a9c562.png Level 4) Magnum Shot - High DMG(*)
Sword Parry.png Level 10) Parry - Melee, Minor DMG(Lethal), Self +DEF(Melee, Ranged)

Explanation) Lower defense values than the melee class versions (6-8%?), but with the slight Jedi twist of trading lethal defense for ranged defense
DualPistols_SwapAmmo.png.2cf8c859082abaf5ef6e2bc9aa71640e.png Level 16) Swap Ammo - Choose between DualPistols_SwapAmmo.png.2cf8c859082abaf5ef6e2bc9aa71640e.png Lethal/-Def (standard), Thumbnail for version as of 03:47, 17 June 2020 Smashing/-Res (concussion), and Thumbnail for version as of 00:30, 8 May 2020 Energy/No Secondary Effect (laser animations)
Explanation) Since this set lacks Dual Pistols' bullet bending and doesn't have a build up equivalent, I feel letting it toggle between the three most common damage types for its pistol attacks is probably fair. Switching to energy could also switch the set to using the Mastermind laser blasts, which would be a fun way to proliferate those. A lot of pistols in the game already look like they should be laser pistols but aren't. This is the 'signature power' of the set.
Sword_WhirlingSword.png.cb9247b592de50d5beddedc7aa8b37b5.png Level 20) Whirling Sword - PBAoE, Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe -DEF
DualPistols EmptyClips.png Level 28) Bracing Fire - Narrow Ranged (Cone), High DoT(*)
Expanation) Heavy Burst with a pistol, after which the Dominator drops their current pistol and just redraws a new one. If this doesn't work, a pistol version of the M30 grenade or robotics Plasma Grenade that isn't affected by Swap Ammo is probably fair too
Sword HeadSplitter.png Level 35) Execute - Melee, Superior DMG(*)
Expanation) A point-blank shot with the pistol. Could easily just swap with Executioner's Shot, but I wanted at least one 'gun in melee' ability
Sword Disembowel.png Level 38) Disembowel - Melee, Superior DMG(Lethal), Foe -DEF(All), Knockup

If Swap Ammo is too powerful or if the lack of a build-up equivalent too crippling, this could be a 'sword and laser pistol' set easily enough. If only to give the playerbase another set we can pew-pew-pew with the Robotics lasers on.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Level 16) Swap Ammo - Choose between DualPistols_SwapAmmo.png.2cf8c859082abaf5ef6e2bc9aa71640e.png Lethal/-Def (standard), Thumbnail for version as of 03:47, 17 June 2020 Smashing/-Res (concussion), and Thumbnail for version as of 00:30, 8 May 2020 Energy/No Secondary Effect (laser animations)
Explanation) Since this set lacks Dual Pistols' bullet bending and doesn't have a build up equivalent, I feel letting it toggle between the three most common damage types for its pistol attacks is probably fair. Switching to energy could also switch the set to using the Mastermind laser blasts, which would be a fun way to proliferate those. A lot of pistols in the game already look like they should be laser pistols but aren't. This is the 'signature power' of the set.

Instead of this, I'd probably ape the "form" abilities from staff fighting or bio armor - call it "stances" and have each provide a different benefit.  For instance, an "all-out attack" stance could increase damage and recharge rates, a defensive stance could increase defense and regeneration, and a balanced stance could increase tohit and recovery, (or some variation thereof).

• 2 months later
On 8/31/2020 at 10:48 AM, Tyrannical said:

OMG thanks to @Tyrannical for making this concept this is the perfect powerset idea to elevate the mental user I mean psychic blast assault and mind control were good but this powerset will make you a beast the awakened were always a cool enemy group, to begin with, and I always wondered if anyone would be able to give us their power well hopefully with these powersets we will get it.

Pain Blast

Awakened PsionicDart.png - Psionic Shock: A power from The Awakened, works as a simple moderate damage attack with -end effects similar to electric powers.

Awakened MentalBlast.png - Psionic Lightning: A power from The Awakened, serves as a simple high damage attack with a chance to stun.

Awakened PsionicShockwave.png - Psionic Pulse: A power from The Awakened, good PBAoE attack that has the potential to knock foes back.

PsychicBlast Aim.png - Aim: Your standard aim power.

Awakened PsionicWounds.png - Psionic Wounds: A power from The Awakened, a high DoT effect that improves DPS output.

Awakened PsionicTorment.png Psionic Torment: A power from The Awakened, this special debuff power that also deals a high amount of damage.

Awakened MentalBreakdown.png - Mental Breakdown: A power from The Awakened, a solid damage power that also has the added bonus of healing the user.

Awakened PsionicFury.png - Psionic Fury: A power from The Awakened, acts as a strong ranged AoE with some more debuff.

Awakened PsionicFlow.png Psionic Flow: A power from The Awakened, a great candidate for a T9 blast power, dealing extreme damage and debuffing all foes in the area.

Pain Manipulation

PsionicAssault Subdue.png Subdual: Same power that's in Mental Manipulation, but works nicely here too

PsionicMelee PsiBlade.png - Psi Blade: Taken from psionic melee, this melee power serves nicely as a higher damage ability.

Awakened PsionicCrush.png - Psionic Prison: A power from The Awakened, works as a good ranged hold power.

PsionicMelee PsiBladeSweep.png - Psi Blade Sweep: Taken from psionic melee, this melee power serves nicely as a cone attack for the set.

PsionicMelee Concentration.png Concentration: Taken from psionic melee, your standard damage boosting build up power.

Awakened PsionicCarapace.png Psionic Carapace: Another Awakened power, a power that grants +Absorb and +Regen, but we'll add +Recovery in there too for good measure.

PsionicMelee Boggle.png - Boggle: Taken from psionic melee, this works perfect for a light mez power similar to Dark and Mental manipulation.

PsionicMelee GreaterPsiBlade.png Greater Psi Blade: Taken from psionic melee, this power fits well as a high damage final melee attack.

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png - Anguishing Cry: Taken from pain domination, I decided to add a debuff power as the T9 similar to plant manipulation and trick arrow.

Pain Assault

Awakened PsionicDart.png - Psionic Shock: A power from The Awakened, works as a simple moderate damage attack with -end effects similar to electric powers.

PsionicMelee PsiBlade.png - Psi Blade: Taken from psionic melee, this melee power serves nicely as a higher damage ability.

PsionicMelee PsiBladeSweep.png - Psi Blade Sweep: Taken from psionic melee, this melee cone fits into the assault powerset formula.

Awakened MentalBlast.png - Psionic Lightning: A power from The Awakened, serves as a simple high damage attack with a chance to stun.

PsionicMelee Concentration.png Concentration: Taken from psionic melee, your standard damage boosting build up power.

Awakened PsionicShockwave.png - Psionic Pulse: A power from The Awakened, good PBAoE attack that has the potential to knock foes back.

Awakened PsionicFury.png - Psionic Fury: A power from The Awakened, acts as a strong ranged AoE with some more debuff.

PsionicMelee GreaterPsiBlade.png - Greater Psi Blade: Taken from psionic melee, this power fits well as a high damage final melee attack.

Awakened MentalBreakdown.png - Mental Breakdown: A power from The Awakened, a solid damage power that also has the added bonus of healing the user.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, Tyrannical said:

I figured Kinetic Melee had more uses left in it to support an Assault set too, with only 2 new powers brought into the fold to support it. (I'm probably gonna turn most melee sets into Assault/Manipulation sets I'm sure 😋)

Kinetic Assault

IceAssault Bolt.png - Kinetic Dart: A new power that uses the animation for Quick Strike to project a small kinetic projectile

KineticAttack SmashingBlow.png - Smashing Blow: Taken from Kinetic Melee, makes for the first melee attack.

KineticAttack RepulsingTorrent.png - Repulsing Torrent: Taken from Kinetic Melee, works as a nice cone attack that doesn't need to change.

IceAssault IceBlast.png - Kinetic Blast: Another new power, using the animation of 'Hydro Blast' and FX of Focused Burst

IceAssault PowerBoost.png - Power Boost: Token Power Boost power.

KineticAttack Burst.png - Burst: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this serves as the iconic AoE attack.

KineticAttack TotalFocus.png - Concentrated Strike: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this serves as the high power melee attack.

KineticAttack PowerSiphon.png - Power Siphon: Taken from Kinetic Melee, fits in nicely as a second boost power like Consume or Life Drain.

KineticAttack FocusedBurst.png - Focused Burst: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this works as the capstone short range high damage ranged attack.

This is another highly experimental concept that reuses assets from Demon Summoning and Sorcery to improvise a sort of blast set. I avoid using the word 'Magic' so it wasn't too skewed in favor of one origin, even if powersets like Traps lean towards Tech and Science more.

Arcane Blast

WaterBlast AquaBolt.png - Mystic Missile: A light damage/quick recharge blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the 'Translocation' animation with the 'Corruption' projectile FX.

WaterBlast HydroBlast.png - Empowered Blast: A moderate damage blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the 'Arcane Bolt' animation and FX.

WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Rune of Destruction: A simple Targeted AoE Energy Damage blast. Uses the 'Spirit Shield' animation, with an additional explosive FX. 

IceArmor Hybernate.png - Enchant: A power much like 'Ammo Swap', giving the 'Spirit Enchantment' (Dark), 'Demonic Enchantment' (Fire) and 'Eldritch Enchantment' (Psionic) powers. Like ammo swap, these powers add a secondary damage effect. Uses the 'Translocation' animation again with a hand rune FX like the costume aura.

WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Arcane Font: A Target AoE power that deals energy DoT. Uses a sped up version of the 'Summon Demon' animation and FX (without the lava/stone).

IceBlast BitterFreezeRay.png - Mystic Seal: A ranged hold power with moderate energy damage. Uses the 'Enflame' animation, but traps them with the 'Translocate' FX.

IceBlast IceStorm.png - Arcane Sigil: A trip mine like power that explodes, dealing superior AoE energy damage. Uses the 'Summon Demon' animation, but leaves the sigil on the floor, exploding into similar FX as 'Explosive Shuriken' after a while.

IceBlast BitterFrostBlast.png - Hex Bolt: A short range blast that does superior damage. Uses the 'Enchant Demon' animation and FX.

WaterBlast Geyser.png - Thaumaturgy: A ranged target AoE power with deals extreme energy DoT. Uses the 'Abyssal Empowerment' animation and FX, but with a much larger version of the 'Rune of Protection' FX as the AoE.

Arcane Blast has been a power that needed to be added for some years now,  please for the love of god add it 

On 6/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, oedipus_tex said:

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread.

For the folks posting icons, you might like to hear that there's a .psd document you can use to generate custom power icons. I'd credit the person who made it but I am not sure who they are. You can edit this document in Photoshop or Gimp. This is the PSD document used to create "real" modded in game icons (although they have to go through a process after export from Photoshop/Gimp). 

I won't provide a full Photoshop lesson here, but the basic technique involved in icon creation should be familiar to anyone who has worked with Layers.

power-icon-template.psd 511.42 kB · 58 downloads

Edited by KingCeddd03

2 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Dusk Blast/Control/Assault/Melee

Powersets For most of the AT'S this power would be a class of its own being a (Dark/Fire/Energy). don't know what kinda effect it will have @Tyrannical can you make a powerset on this?

Also Solar Powersets would be cool too

I have actually have something pretty close to that, as it so happens!

The Void and Light powerset themes are based on the Kheldian Archetypes (Though for lore reasons, they are not identical) and make use of the unique visual FX they have.

17 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

I have actually have something pretty close to that, as it so happens!

The Void and Light powerset themes are based on the Kheldian Archetypes (Though for lore reasons, they are not identical) and make use of the unique visual FX they have.

Being Close is not good enough it's like making your favorite dish and skipping some ingredients and then saying is ok. it would not taste the same. I would never skip something that makes a thing great 

10 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Being Close is not good enough it's like making your favorite dish and skipping some ingredients and then saying is ok. it would not taste the same. I would never skip something that makes a thing great 

Powersets here tend to be created from existing materials instead of being completely original. I think for something like that it's worthwhile making a dedicated thread 🙂