Wouldn't Gunshow make more sense as a fear/intimidate effect than a self-heal? Just wondering.

Edit: What about using the Tough animation and calling it Psyche Up! ? You psyche yourself up and heal, boosting your REC for a short while.

Edited by Rudra

So, we have a lot of pistols that look like they could be energy weapons. So I thought I'd try my hand at an energy weapon set that uses just a single, left-handed pistol. This is primarily a single-target blast set and the goal is to (hopefully) avoid stepping too heavily on either Dual Pistols or Beam Rifle. As it's mostly single target, I feel it should be a fast-animating set to help the user cycle through targets more quickly, but with some longer recharge times (on heavy tractor beam, photon grenade, and probably parting shot) to encourage the use of weaker attacks.

Blaster Pistol

SonicBlast Quick.png Tier 1 Laser Blast - Light energy/lethal damage, either repurposing the appearance of the robotics lasers, the resistance, or possibly war works?

SonicBlast Medium.png Tier 2 Suppressing Fire - Moderate energy/lethal damage DOT, with a moderate slow

SonicBlast Stun.png Tier 3 Tractor Beam - Minor energy damage, 6s low-mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker

SonicBlast Heavy.png Tier 4 Parting Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage, deals bonus damage to held targets (like: mini-containment just for this power)

FireBlast FireBall.png Tier 5 Photon Grenade - repurposed photon grenade from bots. Moderate energy damage, -regen

SonicBlast Aim.png Tier 6 Aim

GravityControl GravityDistortion.png Tier 7 Heavy Tractor Beam - Moderate energy damage, brief Mag 4 hold (2-3 seconds? Just enough to immediately get off a Parting Shot) reducing to a 7s mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker

FireBlast BlazingBolt.png Tier 8 First Shot - Extreme energy/lethal damage sniper attack

File:Robotics LaserRifleBurst.png Tier 9 Orbital Lance - Makes use of the surveillance wrist computer animation. Location AOE, Extreme energy damage, -resistance(all), vectored knock-up (the original War Walker version has -regen but that seems like it's too much when coupled with photon grenade)

Now, the follow-up and the reason the blaster pistol is a left-handed weapon: a right-handed sword manipulation set. This is basically broadsword turned into a Blaster secondary, and the idea is that while either set is usable individually, if used together the right-handed sword and left-handed pistol can be drawn at the same time. This should both minimize redraw and make for a fun swashbuckling / sci-fi serial look.

Blade Dancing

Sword Hack.png Tier 1 Hack - Light lethal damage, -Def

Sword Slice.png Tier 2 Slice - Light lethal melee cone, -Def

EnergyManipulation BuildUp.png Tier 3 Build Up - Builds a small cottage at the user's location

Sword Parry.png Tier 4 Deflect - Minor lethal damage, +defense(melee, ranged) (it's pretty much just parry with the lethal defense subbed to ranged defense)

EnergyManipulation Stun.png Tier 5 Pommel Strike - Minor smashing damage, disorient

IceManipulation ChillingEmbrace.png Tier 6 Battle Meditation - PBAOE Toggle Self +recovery, +defense(ranged), foe -damage and moderate slow

Sword WhirlingSword.png Tier 7 Whirling Sword - Moderate lethal damage PBAoE, -Def

NinjaTools Placate.png Tier 8 Mind Trick - PBAoE Placate, mag2 very short duration confuse

Sword HeadSplitter.png Tier 9 Head Splitter - Extreme lethal damage, -Def and knockback

pewpew.png.664a89bf34c91b6763b4c70ae31407a7.png

Which leads us to a reprise of my old Dominator Swashbuckling suggestion with a tighter focus and less stealing from Dual Pistols.

Swashbuckling Assault (Dominator Sword & Laser Pistol Assault Set)

SonicBlast Quick.png Tier 1 Laser Blast - Light energy/lethal damage, either repurposing the appearance of the robotics lasers, the resistance's blasts, or possibly war works?

Sword Slash.png Tier 2 Slash - Moderate lethal, -Def

Sword Slice.png Tier 3 Slice - Light lethal melee cone, -Def

SonicBlast Stun.png Tier 4 Tractor Beam - light energy damage, 6s low-mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker. Since Domination effectively turns this into the blast set's heavy tractor (with a better hold), it splits the difference in terms of base damage.

EnergyManipulation BuildUp.png Tier 5 Build Up

Sword WhirlingSword.png Tier 6 Whirling Sword - Moderate lethal damage PBAoE, -Def

FireBlast BlazingBolt.png Tier 7 First Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage sniper attack

NinjaTools Placate.png Tier 8 Mind Trick - PBAoE Placate, mag2 very short duration confuse

SonicBlast Heavy.png Tier 9 Parting Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage, deals bonus damage to held targets (like: mini-containment just for this power)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I hate double-posting but since @Arnabas mentioned Archery for Dominators in another thread, I thought I'd flesh out the idea a little more. Tactical Arrow already lacks melee attacks, so the idea of making a very range-focused Dominator secondary doesn't seem too out there. It's going to be redraw heck no matter which primary you choose, but I think it's a decent mix of powers.

Assault Arrow

TacticalArrow Immobilize.png Tier 1 Electrified Net Arrow - Moderate energy DOT, Immob, -fly, slow
Archery StunArrow.png/Archery QuickArrow.png Tier 2 Stunning Shot/Snap Shot - Light Lethal w/ a short duration Stun; or just Moderate Lethal for the Snap Shot version. They'd both work but since the set is giving up heavy-hitting melee attacks I thought it would be nice if all of the non-Snipe Assault Arrows had a secondary effect. This basically gives Dominators their choice of back-up control options at level 1.

TrickArrow DebuffDefense.png Tier 3 Acid Arrow/Flash Arrow - Single target light toxic DOT, target -Def, -resistance(debuffs), healing reduced

TacticalArrow Slow.png Tier 4 Glue Arrow - Targeted AoE -Recharge -Spd, it's the Tactical Arrow version of Glue Arrow rather than the location AoE from Trick Arrow, so it can be fired a little quicker by busy Dominators.

TacticalArrow Buildup.png Tier 5 Upshot

Archery ExplodingArrow.png Tier 6 Explosive Arrow - Targeted AoE, moderate lethal/smashing, knockback

Archery SniperArrow.png Tier 7 Ranged Shot - Extreme lethal damage sniper, the only arrow that's just an arrow (probably!)

Archery FlamingArrow.png Tier 8 Blazing Arrow - High lethal damage with a minor fire DoT

TrickArrow Knockdown.png Tier 9 Oil Slick Arrow - It's Oil Slick Arrow, so it feels pretty ok for a Dominator Tier 9. It's solid damage in an AoE to make up for the lack of an extreme melee bop.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
edit: I'm dumb and identified the wrong person.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
On 10/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, PoptartsNinja said:

So, we have a lot of pistols that look like they could be energy weapons. So I thought I'd try my hand at an energy weapon set that uses just a single, left-handed pistol. This is primarily a single-target blast set and the goal is to (hopefully) avoid stepping too heavily on either Dual Pistols or Beam Rifle. As it's mostly single target, I feel it should be a fast-animating set to help the user cycle through targets more quickly, but with some longer recharge times (on heavy tractor beam, photon grenade, and probably parting shot) to encourage the use of weaker attacks.

Blaster Pistol

SonicBlast Quick.png Tier 1 Laser Blast - Light energy/lethal damage, either repurposing the appearance of the robotics lasers, the resistance, or possibly war works?

SonicBlast Medium.png Tier 2 Suppressing Fire - Moderate energy/lethal damage DOT, with a moderate slow

SonicBlast Stun.png Tier 3 Tractor Beam - Minor energy damage, 6s low-mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker

SonicBlast Heavy.png Tier 4 Parting Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage, deals bonus damage to held targets (like: mini-containment just for this power)

FireBlast FireBall.png Tier 5 Photon Grenade - repurposed photon grenade from bots. Moderate energy damage, -regen

SonicBlast Aim.png Tier 6 Aim

GravityControl GravityDistortion.png Tier 7 Heavy Tractor Beam - Moderate energy damage, brief Mag 4 hold (2-3 seconds? Just enough to immediately get off a Parting Shot) reducing to a 7s mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker

FireBlast BlazingBolt.png Tier 8 First Shot - Extreme energy/lethal damage sniper attack

File:Robotics LaserRifleBurst.png Tier 9 Orbital Lance - Makes use of the surveillance wrist computer animation. Location AOE, Extreme energy damage, -resistance(all), vectored knock-up (the original War Walker version has -regen but that seems like it's too much when coupled with photon grenade)

Now, the follow-up and the reason the blaster pistol is a left-handed weapon: a right-handed sword manipulation set. This is basically broadsword turned into a Blaster secondary, and the idea is that while either set is usable individually, if used together the right-handed sword and left-handed pistol can be drawn at the same time. This should both minimize redraw and make for a fun swashbuckling / sci-fi serial look.

Blade Dancing

Sword Hack.png Tier 1 Hack - Light lethal damage, -Def

Sword Slice.png Tier 2 Slice - Light lethal melee cone, -Def

EnergyManipulation BuildUp.png Tier 3 Build Up - Builds a small cottage at the user's location

Sword Parry.png Tier 4 Deflect - Minor lethal damage, +defense(melee, ranged) (it's pretty much just parry with the lethal defense subbed to ranged defense)

EnergyManipulation Stun.png Tier 5 Pommel Strike - Minor smashing damage, disorient

IceManipulation ChillingEmbrace.png Tier 6 Battle Meditation - PBAOE Toggle Self +recovery, +defense(ranged), foe -damage and moderate slow

Sword WhirlingSword.png Tier 7 Whirling Sword - Moderate lethal damage PBAoE, -Def

Sword HeadSplitter.png Tier 9 Head Splitter - Extreme lethal damage, -Def and knockback

pewpew.png.664a89bf34c91b6763b4c70ae31407a7.png

Which leads us to a reprise of my old Dominator Swashbuckling suggestion with a tighter focus and less stealing from Dual Pistols.

Swashbuckling Assault (Dominator Sword & Laser Pistol Assault Set)

SonicBlast Quick.png Tier 1 Laser Blast - Light energy/lethal damage, either repurposing the appearance of the robotics lasers, the resistance's blasts, or possibly war works?

Sword Slash.png Tier 2 Slash - Moderate lethal, -Def

Sword Slice.png Tier 3 Slice - Light lethal melee cone, -Def

SonicBlast Stun.png Tier 4 Tractor Beam - light energy damage, 6s low-mag 2(?) hold and a 2-3 second tractor that pulls the target closer to the attacker. Since Domination effectively turns this into the blast set's heavy tractor (with a better hold), it splits the difference in terms of base damage.

EnergyManipulation BuildUp.png Tier 5 Build Up

Sword WhirlingSword.png Tier 6 Whirling Sword - Moderate lethal damage PBAoE, -Def

FireBlast BlazingBolt.png Tier 7 First Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage sniper attack

SonicBlast Heavy.png Tier 9 Parting Shot - Heavy energy/lethal damage, deals bonus damage to held targets (like: mini-containment just for this power)

Didn't notice this.  Would not be bad at all!  Not sure if it needs to be energy pistol, but I like the idea of it.

Really like all the stuff here. Makes me envious of you guys who are able to come up with actual powersets. All I can come up with are concepts.

That said, maybe someone can think of something based on my concept. I’ve been thinking about the Symphony Control set, and I’ve come up with another idea. Perhaps the music fx and animations could be recycled to make a song-themed support set? 

Edited by Cybersbe
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later

Alright, I'm in a weird mood so let's see if we can't Eco-Friendly Powerset Recycle a VEAT. Arachnos Soldiers have always been a weird mix of weapons, battle armor, psychic powers, surprise leadership buffs, and weirdness. Y'know what other villain group all of that applies to?

The Rikti.

The Path of War leans more heavily towards tanking than any of the current Arachnos powersets, with a dash of mastermind and some minor controls/debuffs for flavor. Since "whirling weapon" powers look terrible with the Rikti models, the Path of War doesn't get one but instead steals the on-death PBAOE from the Heavy Assault Suit as a normal click power and a bunch of standing cone attacks from Hro'Dtohz.

The Path of the Mind leans heavily towards controller, with some blasting, melee, and surprise team buffing. Since no Rikti have confuse, the Path of the Mind eschews confuse powers in favor of holds and a buff that turns them into a mini-Dominator for 10 seconds.

Unfortunately the Rikti don't have a lot of powers to choose from on their base troopers, so I had to steal a few from the Heavy Assault Suit. All of the damage descriptions are taken from the Wiki and would of course need to be adjusted for balance.

Rikti Infiltrator VEAT

Inherent: Conditioning No need to rock the boat, no need for anything special. Conditioning is good enough.

Rikti Infiltrator
- Unlocks the Rikti Pistol and Rikti Sword right-hand weapons
1 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Pistol Blast Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Disorient
1 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Rikti Sword Melee, Moderate DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Knockdown
2 - File:Temporary PVP DebuffDefense.png Heavy Pistol Blast Ranged, High DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown
6 - RadiationPoisoning RadiationEmission.png Radiant Aura PBAoE, Team Heal
8 - File:ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png Fusion Pulse Ranged (Narrow Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Minor DoT(Energy), Foe -Resist(All), -Regeneration
12 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Greater Rikti Sword Melee, High DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Knockdown
12 - File:MentalControl MassHypnosis.png Mass Hypnosis Low-Accuracy, Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Sleep
18 - File:ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png Fusion Explosion Ranged (Targeted AoE), Light DMG(Energy), Minor DoT(Energy), Foe -Resist(All), -Regeneration

Path of War
- Unlocks the Rikti sword-blaster combo weapon which modern Rikti use to avoid constant redraw: that's the sword that's also a gun, it's currently not available to players
1 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Blade Eviscerate Melee, Moderate DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Disorient
1 - File:MedievalWeapons BattleAxe.png Rifle Blast Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Knockback
2 - File:ShadowFighting TouchOfFear.png Touch of Fear Melee, Foe Fear, -ToHit
6 - BaneSpider BuildUp.png Build Up Self +DMG, +To-Hit
8 - File:ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png Sweeping Laser Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Defense
12 - File:MedievalWeapons BattleAxe.png Heavy Blast Ranged, High DMG(Energy), Foe Knockback
12 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Blade Slice Melee (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Disorient
18 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Blade Swing Melee, High DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Disorient
22 - PsionicMelee Taunt.png Taunt Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Taunt
26 - File:MedievalWeapons MaceClobber.png Blade Carve Melee (Cone), Heavy DMG(Energy/Lethal), Foe Disorient

Path of the Mind
1 - MartialManipulation KiPush.png Repulsion Strike Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Repel, KB (functionally the same as Martial Combat's Ki Push)
1 - PsionicAssault MentalBlast.png Mental Blast Ranged, Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe -Recharge
2 - MentalControl Command.png Dominate Ranged, Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe Hold
6 - EnergyManipulation PowerBoost.png Mental Domination Self +Magnitude(Hold, Sleep), +Duration (Hold, Sleep) (Like Power Buildup, except it actually boosts magnitude by +1 or +2 a bit like a mini-Domination)
8 - PsionicAssault PsychicScream.png Psychic Scream Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe -Rech
12 - MentalControl Levitate.png Levitate Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knock Up
12 - PsionicAssault MindProbe.png Mind Probe Melee, High DMG(Psionic), Foe -Rech
18 - PsionicAssault PsionicLance.png Psionic Lance Sniper, Extreme DMG(Psionic), Foe -Rech
22 - MentalControl Terrify.png Terrify Ranged (Cone), Minor DMG(Psionic), Foe Fear(Special)
26 - MentalControl Freeze.png Total Domination Low-Accuracy, Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Hold
28 - PsionicMelee MassLevitate.png Mass Levitate PBAOE, High DMG(Smash), Foe Knock Up

Infiltrator Training
1 - TrainingandGadgets WolfSpiderArmor.png Rikti Infiltrator Armor Auto: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal, Energy, status effects (Same as Wolf Spider Armor but without the total Sleep immunity))
2 - TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingDefensive.png Combat Training: Defensive Auto: Self +DEF(Melee)
4 - TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingOffensive.png Combat Training: Offensive Auto: Self +ACC
10 - TrainingandGadgets TacticalTrainingManeuvers.png Tactical Training: Maneuvers Toggle: PBAoE, Team +DEF
16 - TrainingandGadgets TacticalTrainingAssault.png Tactical Training: Assault Toggle: PBAoE, Team +DMG, +Res(Taunt, Placate)
20 - TrainingandGadgets TacticalTrainingLeadership.png Tactical Training: Leadership Toggle: PBAoE, Team +ToHit, +Perception, +Res(Confuse, Fear)

22 - TrainingandGadgets WolfSpiderArmor.png Mental Resistance Auto: Self +Res(Psi, Energy), +Def(Psi, Energy)
30 - TrainingandGadgets CallReinforcements.png Call Reinforcements (Summons 2 Allied Rikti Drones)

Path of War Training
1 - BaneSpiderTraining BaneSpiderArmor.png Command Armor Auto: Self +Res(All DMG but Negative, status effects), +HP
24 - Teamwork Foresight.png Reinforced Shielding Toggle: Self +Res(Disorient, Hold, Immobilize, Sleep, All DMG but Negative)
24 - File:ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png Fusion Overload PBAoE, High DMG(Energy), Minor DoT(Energy), Foe -Resist(All), -Regeneration
28 - File:ElectricalBolt VoltaicSentinal.png Monkey Portal (Summons an LT-Ranked Rikti Portal with a 20 second duration. The portal summons 2 Rikti Monkeys every second for the duration, to a maximum of 6 Rikti Monkeys at a time)

Path of the Mind Training
1 - ForceField DispersionBubble.png Dispersion Bubble Toggle: PBAoE, Team +Res(Hold, Immob, Disorient), +DEF(All)
24 - File:RadiationPoisoning AccelerateMetabolism.png Accelerate Metabolism PBAoE, Team +Speed, +Recharge, +Damage, +Recovery, Resist(Hold, Immobilize, Disorient, Sleep)
24 - Teamwork IndomitableWill.png Indomitable Will Toggle: Self +DEF(Psionic), +Res(Disorient, Hold, Immob, Sleep, Fear, Confuse, Repel, Knockback)

28 - PsionicAssault PsychicSiphon.png Drain Psyche PBAoE, Foe -Regen, -Rec, Self +Regen, +Rec

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later

I have used the Sorcery pool a couple of times, only to end up feeling like I should be focusing on my primary and secondary abilities as they are more effective for that toon's primary role, and ended up dropping it.  However, I really like the theme and animations.  Taking a shot at a Mystic Arts defender primary and corrupter/controller/mastermind secondary.

Mystic Arts

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png Nectanebo's Curse: Ranged, Foe -defense, -speed, -recharge

SorceryPool ArcaneBolt.png Arcane Blast: Ranged, Minor Negative Energy Damage, Foe Knockback.  Cursed enemies take additional negative energy damage.

TimeManipulation TemporalMending.png Li Tieh Kuai's Blessing: Ranged, Ally, Moderate Heal, +Res(Negative Energy Damage, Disorient, Sleep, Fear, Confusion)

TimeManipulation TimeStop.png Joule's Hex:  Foe Hold.  Turns held enemies into random objects, a la Gravity's Propel or /emote alakazamreact.  If only there were a newt model in the game already.  Cursed enemies suffer additional 1 mag hold and suffer additional -speed, -recharge.

File:SorceryPool SpiritWard.png Arcane Ward: Ally, +absorb, +recovery

SorceryPool Enflame.png Enflame: Toggle, Ranged Friend/Foe, target will leave a fiery trail behind them that will damage enemies.  Unlike pool power, this does not deactivate until Sorcerer deactivates it or runs out of endurance.  Cursed enemies take additional damage.

TrickArrow DebuffDamage.png Rune of Weakness:  Ranged Location AOE, Foe -resist, -damage, -tohit.  Cursed enemies are stunned.

TimeManipulation TimesJuncture.png Crowley's Incantation: Ranged, Foe -regen, -recovery.  Cursed enemies take negative energy damage over time.

SorceryPool RuneofProtection.png Runes of Protection: PBAoE, Team +resist all damage, hold, sleep, immob, knockdown, disorient.

Enemies who are affected by Nectanebo's Curse are Cursed, and feel additional magical effects.

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 2 weeks later
On 3/23/2023 at 6:08 PM, Jiro Ito said:

I have used the Sorcery pool a couple of times, only to end up feeling like I should be focusing on my primary and secondary abilities as they are more effective for that toon's primary role, and ended up dropping it.  However, I really like the theme and animations.  Taking a shot at a Mystic Arts defender primary and corrupter/controller/mastermind secondary.

Mystic Arts

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png Nectanebo's Curse: Ranged, Foe -defense, -speed, -recharge

SorceryPool ArcaneBolt.png Arcane Blast: Ranged, Minor Negative Energy Damage, Foe Knockback.  Cursed enemies take additional negative energy damage.

TimeManipulation TemporalMending.png Li Tieh Kuai's Blessing: Ranged, Ally, Moderate Heal, +Res(Negative Energy Damage, Disorient, Sleep, Fear, Confusion)

TimeManipulation TimeStop.png Witch's Hex:  Foe Hold.  Turns held enemies into random objects, a la Gravity's Propel or /emote alakazamreact.  If only there were a newt model in the game already.  Cursed enemies suffer additional 1 mag hold and suffer additional -speed, -recharge.

File:SorceryPool SpiritWard.png Arcane Ward: Ally, +absorb, +recovery

SorceryPool Enflame.png Enflame: Toggle, Ranged Friend/Foe, target will leave a fiery trail behind them that will damage enemies.  Unlike pool power, this does not deactivate until Sorcerer deactivates it or runs out of endurance.  Cursed enemies take additional damage.

TrickArrow DebuffDamage.png Rune of Weakness:  Ranged Location AOE, Foe -resist, -damage.  Cursed enemies are stunned.

TimeManipulation TimesJuncture.png Crowley's Incantation: Ranged, Foe -regen, -recovery.  Cursed enemies take negative energy damage over time.

SorceryPool RuneofProtection.png Runes of Protection: PBAoE, Team +resist all damage, hold, sleep, immob, knockdown, disorient.

Enemies who are affected by Nectanebo's Curse are Cursed, and feel additional magical effects.

I'm confused about what this set is. Is it a support set or an attack set?

45 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

I'm confused about what this set is. Is it a support set or an attack set?

On 3/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jiro Ito said:

Taking a shot at a Mystic Arts defender primary and corrupter/controller/mastermind secondary.

Support, good sir.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 3 weeks later

Claw Strike - Blaster Secondary - Primarily claws with a splash of regen thrown in for flavor.

NinjaTools Immob.png Tier 1 - Immobilizing Dart - Ranged, Minor DoT(Lethal), Foe Immobilize
Claws ClawsStrike.png Tier 2 - Strike - Melee, Light DMG(Lethal)
Claws Slash.png Tier 3 - Slash - Melee, Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe -DEF
NinjaTools Assassin.png Tier 4 - Frenzied Strikes - Passive +1% crit chance for each Claw power used in the past 10s (max 5%)
Claws SpinningClawsAttack.png Tier 5 - Spin - PBAoE Melee, Moderate DMG(Lethal)
Regeneration QuickRecovery.png Tier 6 - Resolve - Toggle: Self +Regen, +Recovery, +Rech; PBAoE Foe Fear (Mag 2)
Regeneration Reconstruction.png Tier 7 - Reconstruction - Self Heal, Res(Toxic)
Claws Feint.png Tier 8 - Critical Strike - Melee, Minor DMG(Lethal), Self +ToHit, +5% crit chance for the next 10s
Claws Evicerate.png Tier 9 - Eviscerate - Melee (Cone), High DMG(Lethal), high chance to crit

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I would love the Elemental Henchman. I have been having trouble finding a MM I like. Also why not make Elemental Equilibrium part of summon sprites just not quite as strong as other henchmen minions and add a storm power to complete that 4 elemental attacks? Just a suggestion. I would like Elemental blast as well, but I can only hope.

Edited by Elementfury323
Added information.
  • Like 1

Lost Elemental - Dark Blast/Dark Armor Sentinel, Lost Archonite - Spines/Bio Armor Stalker, Lost Archmage - Savage/Bio Armor Stalker.

So looking through I'm not the first to bring up whip assault but thought I'd try and give it a power set layout. I see it being an interesting set where it has more ranged powers than most of the assaults but not as long of a range. It instead lives in this mid range sweet spot.

Tier 1: Whip (Using the Corruption animation) Ranged Single Target -res

Tier 2: Kick Away, Melee Single target, Uses the kick animation, light damage push power that puts enemies back in that sweet spot. As a whip user you don't want the fight to get to close but know what to do someone does get to you.

Tier 3: Hard Crack, Single target, -res moderate damage moderate recharge blast attack most Dom sets get. Uses the lash animation.

Tier 4: Whip Around, Cone, -res, chance for knockdown, animation uses Crack Whip

Tier 5: Sharp as a Whip, the set's build up. I'd like it to be kind of like Martial assault's toxic blades. Upon activation you focus, the crack of your whip hits even more precise. You gain to hit and have a small DoT added as you're rending your enemies defenses with your strikes. Animation is just aim, doesn't have to be fancy.

Tier 6: Serpent's tail, pbaoe, using the Dragon's tail animation, you make a sweep attack to trip the enemies around you.

Tier 7: Coated Whip, like swap ammo upon selecting this power you gain access to 3 ways of coating your whip increasing it's strength and providing additional benefits. To separate it from swap ammo change the coatings and effects. 

Electrical Whip: Changes the damage to electric, attacks gain -end and have a chance of causing the shocked animation.

Fire Whip: Changes the damage to fire, attack can cause fear and apply a dot.

Razor: Damage stays lethal, Increases damage slightly, Increases -resistance

Tier 8: Not sure on this one at the moment without just using one of the MM whip animations again

Tier 9: Wrap Up, Ranged Superior damage hold, -fly Using the Hell on Earth animation. You bind an enemy with your whip pulling it tight and constricting them.

• Like 2

Are you like me? Do you like Super Strength but think Rage is kinda lame? Don't you wish there was a StJ to SS's MA? A set with visceral, heavy hits, good sound effects, and something that could convey impact? Me too! So I imagined one instead of doing actual work, one evening. The set largely aims to be similar to Super Strength, albeit without Rage's insanity. Instead, it has powers that hit hard and fast, and a proc mechanic to make its special Build Up recharge faster with successive hits to supplement its weaker AOE. I included references to other powers in an attempt to get an eye for balance, but it might be over/undercooked in that regard.

But anyway, I always wanted to do one of these so here's...

Titan's Might

InherentPeacebringer_InterSpacialLink.pn Collateral Damage (passive effect): You strike with such might that your single-target powers impact around the target in a small radius, having a chance to apply a secondary effect. By taking the power Battle Shout, you can change the secondary effect as well as add an additional portion of each power’s damage in the same radius. Your attacks that already strike in an area will not strike in an additional radius, but will still apply these bonus effects and damage.

[8ft radius against 6 targets, expanded to 12ft and 9 targets on a Tanker.]

MartialArts_ThunderKick.png Gut Hit: You aim for the gut in an attempt to debilitate your opponent, dealing minor smashing damage. 20% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s.

[Damage stats from Thunder Kick. Animation from Smite.]

MartialArts_StormKick.png Smash: You don’t pull any punches, and pummel your foe for moderate smashing damage. 40% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s.

[Damage stats from Punch. Animation from Punch’s alternate, possibly others to fit.]

MartialArts_EaglesClaw.png Facebreaker: You use inertia to carry your might forward into a solid attack, dealing high damage. 60% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s. On a Stalker, this is replaced by Assassin's Strike.

[Damage stats from Cobra Strike. Animation from Cross Punch/Crane Kick.]

Inherent_BlasterDesperation.png Battle Shout/Build Up: Taking this power grants access to 3 variations; using one incurs the recharge of all variations, and enhancements are copied to all variations. Battle Shout has a longer recharge than similar powers, but each of Titan’s Might’s attacks has a chance to lower its recharge by 10s. Stalkers instead receive Build Up.

[Damage procs calculated as 33% of the Fiery Embrace formula for primary powers only. Procs benefit from crits and Fury. Shouts also have halved Build Up buff values, and a 180s recharge.]

PowerPunch_BuildUp.png Raging Shout: Collateral Damage’s secondary effect becomes a chance for knockdown. Increases damage and chance to hit for 10s, and for 10s your attacks will inflict an additional portion of their damage as an immolating damage fire proc that is also applied via Collateral Damage.

[Ongoing: 25% chance for knockdown. Active: increase damage, ToHit, proc mode for 10s.]

PsionicMelee_Concentration.png Intimidating Shout:  Collateral Damage’s secondary effect becomes a chance for fear. Increases damage and chance to hit for 10s, and for 10s your attacks will inflict an additional portion of their damage as an emotional damage psionic proc that is also applied via Collateral Damage.

[Ongoing: 20% chance for 5s mag2 fear. Active: increase damage, ToHit, proc mode for 10s.]

ElectricMelee_SelfBuffDmg.png Concussive Shout: Collateral Damage’s secondary effect becomes a chance for stun and slow. Increases damage and chance to hit for 10s, and for 10s your attacks will inflict an additional portion of their damage as an internal bleeding lethal DoT that is also applied via Collateral Damage.

[Ongoing: 10% chance for 5s mag2 stun, 50% chance for nonstacking -70% movespeed and -40% recharge slow. Active: increase damage, ToHit, proc mode for 10s.]

StaffFighting_BuildUp.png  Build Up: Collateral Damage becomes a chance for knockdown and a low chance for single-target damage to strike in a radius around the target. Increases damage and chance to hit for 10s.

[Ongoing: 20% chance for knockdown, 10% chance for damage proc. Active: increase damage, ToHit.]

MartialArts_WarriorsProvocation.png  Taunt/Confront/Placate. Same as they ever were.

PowerBlast_EnergyTorrent.png Sonic Boom: You’re able to clap your hands together with enough force that it creates a conal wave of destruction, damaging your foes. This power’s secondary effects will land twice as often with Collateral Damage. You do not need a target to activate this power. 40% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s.

[Scale 1.15 damage. 25ft range, 90 degree cone, 14s recharge. Animation from Hand Clap.]

MartialArts_CripplingHookKick.png Implanting Strike: With the sheer force you pack into every blow, you can hit something so hard that it partially embeds into the ground, dealing high smashing damage. This will immobilize the target for a short time, in addition to the effects of Collateral Damage.

[Damage stats from Crippling Axe Kick. Animation from Punch/Haymaker.]

SuperStrength_KnockoutBlow.png  Big Shot: You put all your weight behind a mighty attack, aiming directly for the opponent’s face to do extreme smashing damage. This power has a chance to deal knock-up in addition to the effects of Collateral Damage; if Raging Shout’s secondary effects are in use, it’s guaranteed to do a knock-up effect instead of knock down. 80% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s.

[Damage stats from Devastating Blow (minus Contaminated.) Animation from Crushing Uppercut and a trimmed Devastating Blow.]

Jump_SpringAttack.png Earthshaker: You leap into action, impacting the ground at your targeted location with incredible force and inflicting massive damage in an area. This power’s secondary effects will land twice as often with Collateral Damage. 60% chance to reduce Battle Shout’s recharge by 5s.

[Damage stats from Lightning Rod. Animation from Spring Attack.]

Edited by @Ghost
  • Like 1

• 4 months later

Psychic Armor

Psychic Healing: Click Self Heal, Toxic Resist --- Reconstruction Clone

Mental Fortitude: Toggle S/L/P Resist, Regeneration --- Energy Shield Style Animation .21/End Sec

Telekinetic Bubble: Toggle S/L/F/C/E/N/T/Psi Defense (some DDR?) --- Looks like a Bubble Shield .21/End Sec

Precognition: Toggle Disorient/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Fear/Confuse/Taunt/Knockback Resist, +Perception, +Psi Defense (Resist too?) --- Indomitable Will Animation w/ Minimal FX Option .21/End Sec

Psychic Fortitude: Passive S/L/Psi Resist/Defense --- (some DDR?)

Cloud The Mind: Toggle Stealth +Defense All --- Typical Stealth (Hide for Stalkers) .26/End Sec

Telekinetic Flight: Toggle Flight Speed, Hover Control (and pose), +Defense All --- Kinetics has a built in travel power, why not a Melee Armor set with one? .26/Sec

Mental Pain: Toggle Psi Damage Aura, -ToHit --- World of Confusion style aura perhaps? 

Psychic Eruption: Click Psi/Fire PBAOE Attack --- Pick a Nuke!  45 Psi 45 Fire PBAOE Attack w/ +46.17 Psi Damage to every attack for 20 seconds.

Endurance will be this sets weakness.  Defense is there to avoid sapping attacks, but if hit, losing END!  Feeling it's a bit thematic for a psychic powers users...the more they use the powers, it's starts to strain!  Of course, IOs would be there to build to avoid it all!

Psychic Eruption idea is to put it on par with Burn from Fire Armor.

A travel power built into the armor set?  Seems unique and different to me.  Kept it the same level as Inertial Reduction in Kinetics.

Edited by BrandX
  • Like 3

• 2 months later

Field Control

Brief Description/Idea: Force Fields as a control set, inspired by early CoH videos that showed Sister Psyche using her bubbles offensively. The set focuses on knockdown effects, but also dips into Forcefield's intangible effect. Because intangibles are (rightly) unpopular, it also provides a way to attack intangible targets (in the form of Bubble Slam); which should be a fun surprise for Council ascendants.

GravityControl Crush.png Tier 1: Leg Lock - Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash), Foe Immob, Foe Chance for Knockdown

Description: You wrap the target's legs in force fields, immobilizing and potentially tripping them.

GravityControl Lift.png Tier 2: Bubble Slam - Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Vectored Knockdown, Foe -fly, Special

Description: You lift the target in the air in a force field bubble, disrupting their ability to fly before violently hurling them at the ground (combines Lift with a bubble around the target). May be used on intangible targets, deals bonus damage to intangible targets.

GravityControl GravityDistortion.png Tier 3: Containment Bubble - Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash), Foe Hold, Foe -DMG

Description: You encase your target in a bubble to contain them. Even if the target isn't held, they are still constrained and deal reduced damage (non-stacking debuf) until they are no longer contained. (Standard force field bubble animation). They take damage over time as the bubble slowly runs out of air (combining a bubble with the choking animation would be fun).

ForceField RefractionShield.png Tier 4: Detain - Ranged, Foe Capture(Special), Timed Toggle

Description: You detain a foe in a force field, rendering them intangible. This is a timed toggle that lasts up to 30 seconds, after which the toggle automatically ends.

PsychicBlast PsychicScream.png Tier 5: Bolt Storm - Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Smash), -Res

Description: Discharges multiple bolts of force that knocks down foes in a cone and deals Smashing Damage. Foes struck will have their armor shattered by the force of the impact, leaving them with lowered damage resistance. Uses Psionic Darts' new mechanic to launch individual bolts at applicable targets in the cone.

EarthGrasp Earthquake.png Tier 6: Cavitation Bomb - Ranged (Location AoE), Minor? DMG(Smash), Foe Knockdown, Foe -Jump, Foe -Res (non-stacking)

Description: You create a rapidly expanding and contracting force bomb that deals damage and knocks foes off their feet. Should have a higher damage than Ice Slick/Bonfire but half the duration. Animation should combine Force Bomb's basketball throw with Repulsion Field's knockdown waves in the target location.

Illusions PhantomArmy2.png Tier 7: Wrecking Balls - Summon Wrecking Balls: Melee Minor DMG(Smash, Knockdown)

Description: You summon a trio of ultra-dense forcefields (basically: use a wisp model and put a little force field bubble around it). These pets move quickly, dealing smashing damage in melee and potentially knocking foes from their feet. They're most powerful when they can riccochet between foes and should try to target a new enemy in range after each attack; but deal reduced damage if they attack the same target twice (if this is trackable; if not maybe they could get a temporary flight speed increase after swapping targets to make them even more chaotic?)

GravityControl GravityDistortionField.png Tier 8: Containment Field - Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Hold, Foe -DMG

Description: Bog standard mass hold

MentalControl Telekinesis.png Tier 9: Force Bubble - Ranged (Location AoE), Vectored Repel, Immobilize, Timed Toggle

Description: You place an immobile pseudopet that immobilizes in a radius and draws all contained enemies towards the center. Any enemies outside the bubble radius are slightly repelled away from it. This is a timed toggle that lasts a maximum of 30 seconds before dissipating.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 1

Been a long while since I posted here myself, but I'm happy to see during my absence that the thread is still seeing visitors and being shared in the community! There's been quite a few powersets that have been created since this thread started, and while I can't possibly take any credit for the hard work our development team put into the game, I can only hope that this thread has at least contributed to any of the new or future additions in some small way.

Today marks the 4th anniversary of the thread, and while in recent years it hasn't been the most active part of the suggestion forum, I am glad that it had continued to grow in my absence. A big thank you to everyone who has been sharing or participating in the thread while I've been gone, and to the developers who have made many of these ideas a reality, it's good to know that even without being here the community and game has continued to flourish!

So, I've decided to dig out some of my old notes and share some of the unreleased concepts that I never got around to finishing, and present them here to celebrate the occassion; 4 new powersets for 4 years of recycling!

Energy Control

Something I had in mind ages ago as 'Energy' powers existed in pretty much all forms except control, so I wanted to create something to fill that void. Each power in this powerset has the ability to create a 'Power Draw' when subject to several powers at once, reducing their endurance and recharge.

image.png.6721ad94f62bb241b7a1e561b9939768.png- Energy Field: A new power that immobilizes an enemy and deals energy/smash damage. Uses similar visuals to 'Unyielding' from Invulnerability with extra leg glow.

image.png.e079914cfce61efa82751eed3fa5a4c2.png- Power Cell: New Hold power that deals moderate energy/smash damage. Similar visuals to MinFX Scorpion Shield/Shark Skin, with more glow.

image.png.3a0516b82fd54ffcda385851f2c10778.png- Mass Energy Field: AoE version of Energy Field.

image.png.083640769a274aeb5c698442b2141220.png- Repulse: A new power that knocks several enemies back and deals minor energy/smash damage. Uses the Wall of Force projectile FX.

image.png.3b2b283f8d75f9f5c0082a78d2991a24.png- Energy Cloak: Borrowed from Energy Aura, acting much like an anti-aggro power like Superior Invisibility and Smoke.

image.png.3a4e7e9db2c6a0d9b8acdcfbfb3c0c65.png - Disruption: An AoE stun power that behaves similar to a stronger single pusle version of Energy Aura's 'Disrupt', with similar FX.

image.png.2464eb9d26d23f5716bde9935a24ba11.png- Power Drain: Borrowed from Energy Aura, providing some debuff similar to other control powersets.

image.png.75e2fd19c661d17a9baa45e4ae967aa6.png- Mass Power Cells: AoE version of Power Cell.

image.png.338f48f92b94dcbccc54c6d2f2c66f0f.png- Living Energy: New pet power that appears as a floating ball of energy with a similar aura to Energy Aura's 'Overload'. Uses Energy Blast powers.

Nature Blast

Another powerset inspired by a missing link. 'Nature' itself exists in the form of support and control, and arguably melee and assault since the plant manipulation set features their powers. The idea here is to sort of mirror Storm Blast's thing of having multiple damage types and effects to make it more diverse. I already made 'Thorn Blast', but this works as a nice alternative.

image.png.067dd8e01f489b95b793084400d119af.png- Barbs: A new power that fires thorny projectiles like Thorn Blast. Deals lethal/toxic DoT.

image.png.aec9ddef120828809fca002f5fcc9a6e.png- Vine Surge: A new power that projects leafy vine like FX like 'Entangling Aura' at a foe, dealing moderate smashing damage

image.png.41921680d042231649a5015912231392.png- Wild Barrage: A cone power with similar FX to 'Regrowth' and 'Fling Thorns', dealing moderate lethal/toxic damage.

image.png.25e135903dec665ad6fe1dbead846eda.png- Aim: Standard aim power that has a similar aura effect to 'Rebirth'.

image.png.75c144e6c4cf7e2450b4ea0ac093739e.png- Fungal Burst: An AoE power that creates a giant mushroom that explodes into spore FX like 'Spore Burst' and 'Spore Cloud', dealing smashing/toxic damage.

image.png.3c97934263366fdd659c6a7d6286a081.png- Wild Surge: A power that creates a slowing lethal DoT field, summoning a leafy patch on the floor similar to Nature Affinity powers, with thorns similar to 'Carrion Creepers'.

image.png.d0cd4a4899dbf49d607330016f9274ef.png- Entwine: A single target hold power that has similar FX to 'Entangling Aura' on a single foe, dealing smashing/lethal damage.

image.png.e2c944c527b285c6449df56add86528a.png- Spore Blast: A new power that blasts a ball of fungal/spores FX at the foe, dealing high smash/toxic damage.

image.png.5133e8eb46c809f2bd2d81c2cb48f06c.png- Nature's Fury: A huge PBAoE power that explodes into several large vines and plants similar to 'Carrion Creepers' and 'Overgrowth', dealing massice smashing/lethal damage and holding foes.

Combat Blade

A new melee weapon powerset that utilises a single one-handed blade similar to Broad Sword, but instead utilises smaller bladed weapons in a reverse grip intended to focus on quick stabs and slices. The idea for this one is to make something suitable for more a more subtle and agile aesthetic similar to dual blades and katana, but in a single hand, making it compatible with shields.

image.png.90b894538b95a2224d350b7660c3cf3a.png- Stab: A light lethal attack that uses the 'Gut Punch' Storm Kick alt animation with blade in hand.

image.png.f0e64bf17aae1a5df2f4301ada53624e.png- Lacerate: A moderate lethal attack with good DoT, using the unique Red Cap 'stab' animation with your blade.

image.png.d52380656e8ea9bade774fae618203d5.png- Score: A cone attack that strikes multiple foes. Uses the same animation as 'Sweeping Cross' from Street Justice with blade in hand.

image.png.169fbf9c9e7d603032f5a3d2d91813b6.png- Build Up: Standard 'Build Up' power, but uses the 'Focused Brawler' animation for effect.

image.png.5fa80bc8a3ccfb1e3d862511756349ca.png- Whirling Blade: AoE Power that deals moderate lethal damage. Uses same animation as several other 'Whirling X' powers. Not available on Stalker.

image.png.71edb353199ac511e66959af8b874102.png- Assassin's Blade: Stalker unique power that uses the same animation as Ninja blade's own Assassin's Blade power.

image.png.5882db012082b388f8366d853940ba31.png/image.png.ffc2c794d7a751da23161219186b6833.png- Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power of melee sets.

image.png.a28b7e55e9d226d5a185c7475e3a26a1.png- Counterattack: Similar power to 'Parry' from Broad Sword, and uses the same animation.

image.png.bba1a6f6a7011c389c7aa73b849ea663.png- Gouge: A moderate lethal attack that uses the special Red Cap 'Lunge' from with your blade. Also deals massive lethal DoT.

image.png.09f8f453523b2322a86b0faeb2838852.png- Maim: powerful attack that deals massive lethal damage and DoT, using the Street Justice 'Assassin's Blow' animation.

Gravity Affinity

A new support powerset that sort of mingles between Force Field and Kinetics, playing around with a lot of defense/damage buff and debuff, as well as affecting speed, position and containment on enemies. I figured with several gravity themed powersets in the thread already, this would round them off nicely.

image.png.3f9e00f429fbf2c57bdee89054b16a19.png- Increase Gravity: Single target power that immobilizes a target and reduces their recharge. Uses the 'Crush' visuals (in reverse) with a downward falling gravity FX.

image.png.c17bc72ba0ee921e5824302c2c9d38f2.png- Gravity Well: An AoE patch power that slows down multiple targets and reduces their ToHit. Covers the floor in gravity ripples similar to 'Gravity Distortion'.

image.png.a285f7ba45e60a629af0be9c10c50afb.png- Attraction: A debuff toggle that causes other enemies to gently pull towards each other while lowering defense and speed. Uses the initial 'Wormhole' FX.

image.png.ea93534b3212e12a628deb4235bfdb54.png- Weaken Gravity: Another AoE patch that debuffs damage and defense, as well as resitance to hold, stun, knockdown and repel. Hitting a target in the field with 'Increase Gravity' applies 'Gravity Flux' and stuns them. Uses slowly rising gravity FX in the area.

image.png.804a6414c463815a3cecb89287667be2.png- Orbit: An AoE defense and damage buff that increases for each ally nearby. Uses a larger version of the 'Magnetic' aura and can cause loose props to orbit too.

image.png.bd7b8eb492a42c1dc31e308f29e6500c.png - Gravity Snare: A single target hold power that uses the 'Soul Storm' animation. Uses a combination of the 'Crush' and 'Gravity Distortion' FX.

image.png.b7888f4e3c06f81af897a7a739e50fe4.png- Weightlessness: An AoE buff that increases jump height and grants a temporary endurance discount. Uses distortion FX on legs only.

image.png.39b6b11eabfdf69526d559564cefbe88.png- Gravitic Repulsion: An AoE power that applies defense and repels enemies who come close. Uses the fininishing 'Wormhole' FX with a gentle aura similar to 'Repel'.

image.png.2bd1936dd25ca67ef965704cf8db6e1e.png- Zero Gravity: An AoE power that applies extremely slow flight to enemies, some of which will be held (Soul Storm animation). Uses large distortion FX with the 'Dimension Shift' bubble. More intense 'Gravity Flux' effect on enemies when using 'Increase Gravity' on them.

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later

Arsenal Control and Arsenal Assault have now been revealed!

Nothing makes me happier than new powersets, especially powersets that line up so closely with suggestions here! It's always a treat when we have new toys to play with, and while I take no credit, I like to think a tiny bit of the efforts here have helped in some small way 😄

To celebrate what I hope is the first of many new powersets being added now the server is official, and to help welcome any newcomers that might have found their way to the thread, I'd like to share some of the weapon-based powersets I've been tinkering with and keep the momentum going here too! So, allow me to introduce;

Blade Combat

Yes this is just 'Combat Blade' but the other way around. This powerset is instead a Blaster secondary, using some of the material from the Combat Blade powerset to build something similar to Martial Combat and Ninja Training, but distinct enough to not just be a copy of either. Like Combat Blade, this powerset focuses on lower damage for greater DoT.

NinjaTools_Immob.png.28052378af63bd706daf0bcb0a7e558d.png- Pinning Blade: A single target immobilize, throwing a blade at the enemy's feet to deal Lethal DoT. Uses standard overhead throwing animation

Gadgets_Caltrops.png.1cf43742e2e0073c3387b78f90188183.png - Caltrops: A power borrowed from Devices which works well here

NinjaTools_KatanaLight.png.b6bf663ba550a8d09d55f605f1327654.png - Lacerate: A moderate lethal attack with good DoT, using the unique Red Cap 'stab' animation with your blade

NinjaTools_Hold.png.ffd0e797c1a3c95e35dde0fac5d48ed1.png - Acupuncture: Single target hold with moderate lethal DoT. Throws several small blades to each limb with the Spines/Thorns 'Impale' animation

NinjaTools_Assassin.png.46cc61bcac0eea59a828217264c50403.png - Build Up: Standard Build Up power

Sword_Parry.png.370445fdf039cfae611d7045dc4cade7.png - Counterstrike: Similar power to 'Counterattack' from Combat Blade, but in addition to granting defense it also gives absorb and recovery

Sword_WhirlingSword.png.28db3fac1db58b6cb4be1eec1a64b019.png - Whirling Blade: AoE Power that deals moderate lethal damage. Uses same animation as several other 'Whirling X' powers

SonicManipulation_SoundCannon.png.52bd9d4b83681016bc355141dfe14b47.png  - Disarm: Cone power that throws several blades, dealing no damage but stunning enemies and reducing damage. Uses 'Masterful Throw' animation

Sword_HeadSplitter.png.ceb587a1249226952245f24ab641f36b.png - Maim: powerful attack that deals massive lethal damage and DoT, using the Street Justice 'Assassin's Blow' animation

Sidearm Assault

Sort of another adaptation of another powerset in this thread, 'Marksman Pistol' (though to avoid confusion with the 'Pistol Assault' powerset in this thread I've named it 'Sidearm Assault' as it only features one pistol instead of two. I included a 2nd buff power which is becomming a little more common for newer Assault powersets.

DualPistols_Pistols.png.79034bc5b302a0d46c52c22d5455d806.png - Hip Fire: Uses the default hip-fire animation of most NPCs, dealing low lethal damage

StaffFighting_PreciseStrike.png.e244fed9eb54baf6d02a3849121be951.png - Pistol Whip: Single target melee power using the special 'brawl' animation that pistol whips the target. Has a larger FX so it isn't an exact copy

DualPistols_DualWield.png.4fadf639815b187160ae487da84f4f1b.png - Single Shot: Uses the same animations as the Thugs 'Pistols' power, but intended for one gun. Deals moderate lethal damage

StaffFighting_BuildUp.png.b1957182c7f76a1d07f8ee6df07dd1ab.png - Build Up: Standard Build Up power

DualPistols_EmptyClips.png.c63e00e9a86a6f6effdb70e71233f1f7.png - Covering Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Cone Blast' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals moderate lethal DoT in a cone

DualPistols_ExecutionersShot.png.70846fe43d3b9a64d17ab40625ed8c84.png - Aimed Shot: Uses the two-handed grip animation of NPCs, dealing high lethal damage

DualPistols_SwapAmmo.png.53be04d67db9e46d317bbdb4bf7f949d.png - Rapid Reload: Self buff power that grants a powerful but short +recharge effect as well as recovering a decent amount of endurance

StaffFighting_SkySplitter.png.9b5180ea2bbdc8f7b535f016e6eb6afd.png - Point Blank: 'Melee' power that fires the gun at close range to deal very high lethal damage. uses the 'Suppressive Fire' animation.

AssaultWeapons_DOT.png.099397f243b2fdd7a414d5f36a9791e2.png - Rapid Fire: Uses the same animation as the Enforcer's 'Uzi Burst' power, but has lower fire rate. Deals superior lethal DoT to a single target

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Keeping up the momentum on the weaponry theme, I figured I'd try and broaden 'Ninja Tool Mastery' to a few other archetypes. I already proposed 'Trick Mastery' for Blasters/Masterminds earlier in the thread, but it would be nice to consolidate the theme across the archetype spectrum. That being said, I'm not 100% sure if Scrapper/Stalker's 'Weapon Mastery' should count as part of the theme, so I've opted to create a separate pool for Tankers/Brutes that could serve as a revamp/replacement with identical functionality, but it doesn't have to be.

Ninja Tool Mastery:

Defenders/Corruptors:

NinjaTools_Hold.png.b42c66dbb804a8b36607a9000a392b8d.png - Choking Powder: Single target Hold power taken from Ninja Training

Ninjitsu_NinjaReflexes.png.9d0db78afe8b92b058c043df5562f74b.png - Tai-Jutsu: New defense toggle that increases defense to Smashing and Lethal, and a small increase to Melee defense. Uses same FX as 'Ninja Reflexes'

Gadgets_Caltrops.png.d5c88315ae2f50ac4bf10949148c5bbb.png - Tashibishi: Same power from Sentinel's Ninja Tool Mastery, but upgraded with chance to immobilize*

Gadgets_TargetingDrone.png.47b3c3f5e7ed420e68fd76d9585602a1.png - Ten-Mon: New toggle power that works similar to Focused Accuracy/Targetting Drone. Uses same FX of 'Danger Sense'

Katana_Disembowel.png.01bfa8ebe10677aec1e2c6d174b63a0f.png - Soaring Dragon: A power from Ninja Blade that fits as the melee power of the set

Controllers:

WeaponMastery_Shuriken.png.af14df875d632c9aad17e03a57867704.png - Shurikens: Same power from Martial Assault

Ninjitsu_NinjaReflexes.png.9d0db78afe8b92b058c043df5562f74b.png - Tai-Jutsu: New defense toggle that increases defense to Smashing and Lethal, and a small increase to Melee defense. Uses same FX as 'Ninja Reflexes'

WeaponMastery_ExplodingShuriken.png.f01ae1145a58d143b86039b63c26ca3a.png - Shrapnel Shuriken: Same power as 'Explosive Shuriken' from Scrapper/Stalker's 'Weapon Mastery'**

Gadgets_TargetingDrone.png.47b3c3f5e7ed420e68fd76d9585602a1.png - Ten-Mon: New toggle power that works similar to Focused Accuracy/Targetting Drone. Uses same FX of 'Danger Sense'

Katana_Disembowel.png.01bfa8ebe10677aec1e2c6d174b63a0f.png - Soaring Dragon: A power from Ninja Blade that fits as the melee power of the set

Dominators:

Ninjitsu_BlindingPowder.png.874bd495c4a3a32a8153abfd650ff98a.png - Blinding Powder: Taken from Ninjitsu, serving as a nice debuff power

WeaponMastery_ExplodingShuriken.png.f01ae1145a58d143b86039b63c26ca3a.png - Shrapnel Shuriken: Same power as 'Explosive Shuriken' from Scrapper/Stalker's 'Weapon Mastery'**

NinjaTools_Placate.png.830d7451757d95c58883f1847c0ebdbb.png - Kemuridama: A power from Sentinel's Ninja Tool Mastery, providing another AoE debuff

Tankers/Brutes:

NinjaTools_Hold.png.b42c66dbb804a8b36607a9000a392b8d.png - Choking Powder: Single target Hold power taken from Ninja Training

Gadgets_Caltrops.png.d5c88315ae2f50ac4bf10949148c5bbb.png - Tashibishi: Same power from Sentinel's Ninja Tool Mastery, but upgraded with chance to immobilize*

WeaponMastery_Shuriken.png.af14df875d632c9aad17e03a57867704.png - Shurikens: Same power from Martial Assault

WeaponMastery_ExplodingShuriken.png.f01ae1145a58d143b86039b63c26ca3a.png - Shrapnel Shuriken: Same power as 'Explosive Shuriken' from Scrapper/Stalker's 'Weapon Mastery'**

*The Sentinel version of this power will also gain these improvements

**Renamed to avoid confusion with Martial Assault's 'Exploding Shuriken'. Changes would be reflected in Weapon Mastery

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 3