17 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

That's some goofball architecture if even the animations are incredibly baked in lmfao

believe me, I know all too well 😋

The reason I pitched this thread is cos of the restrictions the code presents, so it's much easier to recycle old powers/assets for reuse that create entirely new ones, but even then there are limitations.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:25 PM, Tyrannical said:

Since I've made a few blast, manipulation, assault and control sets, I'm gonna try and suggest some more stuff in favor of melee characters too, so I dug around a little and found that the scrapped Primalist actually has a lot of usable material for a defense powerset by using powers from 'Primal Gifts' (there is data and icons for the powers, but I'm unsure if there is any FX with it). See here.

Primal Armor

PrimalGifts ThickHide.png - Thick Hide: unchanged form its Primal Gifts counterpart.

PrimalGifts PackMaster.png - Constitution: an auto-power that grants additional max health, and minor resistance to all damage.

PrimalGifts PrimalWard.png - Primal Ward: unchanged form its Primal Gifts counterpart.

PrimalGifts NaturesBoon.png - Nature's Embrace: unchanged form its Primal Gifts counterpart.

PrimalGifts ShiftersShield.png - Survival of the Fittest: a new power that grants you Absorption for each foe nearby while lowering their damage resistance.

PrimalGifts Rejuvenate.png - Rejuvenateunlike the Primal Gifts version, this power only heals yourself, and gives slight resistance to toxic damage.

PrimalGifts Inexhaustible.png - Primal Essence: unchanged form its Primal Gifts counterpart.

PrimalGifts PrimalistsCloak.png - Camouflage (or Hide on Stalkers): identical to 'Primalist's Cloak', except it lacks the changing forms element.

PrimalGifts WilloftheWild.png - Will of the Wild: unchanged form its Primal Gifts counterpart.

I'll be honest, I'd much rather see the primal stuff as a powerset available across some of the existing ATs, as you've presented them, rather than as an AT in itself. Even if shapeshifting were ever realised, I think it could work within the current ATs.

I'm curious about the state of these powers.

I don't suppose you'd consider putting an index in your OP with links to each proposal post from you and others? It would be good to formally keep track of these.

Edited by Lines

6 hours ago, Super Atom said:

I'd like to see things like Psi armor and Radiation epic pools

Technically Willpower is Psi Armor, unless you were looking for a Defense Set instead of Resistance.

As for epic pools? I have a lot of ideas, Rad being one of them 😃

10 hours ago, Super Atom said:

I'd like to see things like Psi armor and Radiation epic pools

Now, much like you, I'd like to have an armor set that is closer to the concept I have, which is why I did the Temporal Energy Armor Set suggestion.  That said, we can make do with other sets.  Dark Armor doesn't have to be Dark Armor in concept, it has Psi Resist, it could be your concept.

Now, do you have a suggestion for a Psi Armor set?  Would they make it like Energy Aura, that is typed defense based with low resists?  That would bother me, not because of typed defense, but the one part I hate about Energy Aura, is it doesn't cap Energy Resist on it's own.

Of course, I also hate Dark Armor for not capping Negative Resist on it's own. 😕

While it may not be 'Psi Armor', I did ponder if reusing some of Sonic Resonance's FX and themes could possibly make for a good defense set that gives a little resistance too, with an emphasis on energy and psionics.

Sonic Aura

You are capable of protecting yourself with shifting sonic fields, allowing you a great deal of defense, especially against the distruptive nature of energy and psionic damage.

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Sound Barrier: Same FX as Sonic Barrier, this ability grants Resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Energy.

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Harmony: A simple auto power that grants resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Psionic damage, and defense against -Res and resistance to -Perception effects

EnergyAura PowerShield.png - Sonic Shield: Same FX as Sonic Haven, this ability grants Resistance to Energy, Negative, Cold and Fire.

EnergyAura Entropy.png - Clear Airwaves: Same FX as Clarity, this power grants resistance to mez effects and psionics.

StormSummoning Hurricane.png - Echolocation: Same FX as Sonic Disruption, this power reduces enemy accuracy and ToHit, while boosting your own. it also gives a boost to Perception

DarkArmor ObsidianShield.png - Static Shroud: An auto power that grants resistance to Energy and Psionics, and gives resistance to end-drain.

EnergyAura Cloak.png - Shift Wavelength: Same FX as the residual effect Sonic Blast powers have, this power grants stealth, Defense and a boost to movement speed.

EnergyAura Disrupt.png - Signal Jammer: Same FX as Sonic Repulsion, this power Disorients nearby foes and deals special DoT to Robots and Machines.

EnergyAura Overload.png - Boost Frequency: Same FX as Sonic Dispersion's single target aura, this single-click power grants a huge boost to damage, ToHit and resistance.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 7

I like your ideas and I agree.

I'd like to point out IMO the lowest hanging fruit in the game: Gravity Blast. How do we have a power as cool looking as Propel but no Gravity Blast? 🙂

1) Power Push 

2) Lift

3) Repulsion Cone (cone with /kb/kd). Sonic has a suitable looking effect.

4) Propel

5) Aim 

6) Mass Levitate (perhaps ranged?)

7) Anomaly - Teleport your selected enemy to a new location. When he arrives, an explosion occurs around him, injuring enemies within 12ft. Use Teleport Foe as base animation 

😎 ?? -- lots of options for this one

9) Event Horizon - ranged nuke that teleports all enemies to the center point. use Wormhole as base animation.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I'd like to point out IMO the lowest hanging fruit in the game: Gravity Blast. How do we have a power as cool looking as Propel but no Gravity Blast? 🙂

1) Power Push 

2) Lift

4) Propel

5) Aim 

7) Anomaly - Teleport your selected enemy to a new location. When he arrives, an explosion occurs around him, injuring enemies within 12ft. Use Teleport Foe as base animation 

9) Event Horizon - ranged nuke that teleports all enemies to the center point. use Wormhole as base animation.

a Kinetic/Gravity Blast set would be pretty cool!

Some stuff from Gravity Control could totally be used, but I think Force of Will/Psionic Melee might have stuff more befit a blast set.

Edited by Tyrannical

I figured Kinetic Melee had more uses left in it to support an Assault set too, with only 2 new powers brought into the fold to support it. (I'm probably gonna turn most melee sets into Assault/Manipulation sets I'm sure 😋)

Kinetic Assault

IceAssault Bolt.png - Kinetic Dart: A new power that uses the animation for Quick Strike to project a small kinetic projectile

KineticAttack SmashingBlow.png - Smashing Blow: Taken from Kinetic Melee, makes for the first melee attack.

KineticAttack RepulsingTorrent.png - Repulsing Torrent: Taken from Kinetic Melee, works as a nice cone attack that doesn't need to change.

IceAssault IceBlast.png - Kinetic Blast: Another new power, using the animation of 'Hydro Blast' and FX of Focused Burst

IceAssault PowerBoost.png - Power Boost: Token Power Boost power.

KineticAttack Burst.png - Burst: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this serves as the iconic AoE attack.

KineticAttack TotalFocus.png - Concentrated Strike: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this serves as the high power melee attack.

KineticAttack PowerSiphon.png - Power Siphon: Taken from Kinetic Melee, fits in nicely as a second boost power like Consume or Life Drain.

KineticAttack FocusedBurst.png - Focused Burst: Taken from Kinetic Melee, this works as the capstone short range high damage ranged attack.

This is another highly experimental concept that reuses assets from Demon Summoning and Sorcery to improvise a sort of blast set. I avoid using the word 'Magic' so it wasn't too skewed in favor of one origin, even if powersets like Traps lean towards Tech and Science more.

Arcane Blast

WaterBlast AquaBolt.png - Mystic Missile: A light damage/quick recharge blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the 'Translocation' animation with the 'Corruption' projectile FX.

WaterBlast HydroBlast.png - Empowered Blast: A moderate damage blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the 'Arcane Bolt' animation and FX.

WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Rune of Destruction: A simple Targeted AoE Energy Damage blast. Uses the 'Spirit Shield' animation, with an additional explosive FX. 

IceArmor Hybernate.png - Enchant: A power much like 'Ammo Swap', giving the 'Spirit Enchantment' (Dark), 'Demonic Enchantment' (Fire) and 'Eldritch Enchantment' (Psionic) powers. Like ammo swap, these powers add a secondary damage effect. Uses the 'Translocation' animation again with a hand rune FX like the costume aura.

WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Arcane Font: A Target AoE power that deals energy DoT. Uses a sped up version of the 'Summon Demon' animation and FX (without the lava/stone).

IceBlast BitterFreezeRay.png - Mystic Seal: A ranged hold power with moderate energy damage. Uses the 'Enflame' animation, but traps them with the 'Translocate' FX.

IceBlast IceStorm.png - Arcane Sigil: A trip mine like power that explodes, dealing superior AoE energy damage. Uses the 'Summon Demon' animation, but leaves the sigil on the floor, exploding into similar FX as 'Explosive Shuriken' after a while.

IceBlast BitterFrostBlast.png - Hex Bolt: A short range blast that does superior damage. Uses the 'Enchant Demon' animation and FX.

WaterBlast Geyser.png - Thaumaturgy: A ranged target AoE power with deals extreme energy DoT. Uses the 'Abyssal Empowerment' animation and FX, but with a much larger version of the 'Rune of Protection' FX as the AoE.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 10

On 1/1/2020 at 9:24 PM, oedipus_tex said:

1) Power Push 

2) Lift

4) Propel

5) Aim 

I did a little looking into what FX could make a kinetic blast set work, and I kept going back to Force of Will and Psionic Melee for that 'Telekinetic' feel, but there just wasn't many options for blast powers. (I repurposed the idea into another thread for Psi Assault/Manipulation FX).

That being said, the idea of a Gravity Blast set might be a bit out there, since we only have two single target powers that fit (Propel and Lift), the powerset has very few projectile FX, unless you were to take FX from Kinetics and Kinetic Melee instead, which could possibly work.

It may be possible to build from what Propel offers, and have the character project all kinds of props, but that can be achieved with my Earth Blast suggestion.

Edited by Tyrannical

On 12/19/2019 at 7:54 PM, Tyrannical said:

Earth Blast

FireBlast Inferno.png - Upheaval: A completely new power since there wasn't much available as a T9 power, this power instead uses the same animation as Guyser, but launches foes into the air with giant stone blocks.

Rather than Geyser, I wonder if this should instead use the animation from the "Mighty" Judgement nuke.  (which, is also PBAE, and also tosses foes into the air (or can, depending which version you have).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Rather than Geyser, I wonder if this should instead use the animation from the "Mighty" Judgement nuke.  (which, is also PBAE, and also tosses foes into the air (or can, depending which version you have).

That could work!

I was looking around a little and noticed that 'Upheaval' is also the name of an unused Primalist attack power, so I wonder if there are any assets for it.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, Tyrannical said:

While it may not be 'Psi Armor', I did ponder if reusing some of Sonic Resonance's FX and themes could possibly make for a good defense set that gives a little resistance too, with an emphasis on energy and psionics.

Sonic Aura

You are capable of protecting yourself with shifting sonic fields, allowing you a great deal of defense, especially against the distruptive nature of energy and psionic damage.

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Sound Barrier: Same FX as Sonic Barrier, this ability grants Defense to Smashing, Lethal and Energy.

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Harmony: A simple auto power that grants resistance to Smashing and Lethal damage, and defense against -Res and resistance to -Perception effects

EnergyAura PowerShield.png - Sonic Shield: Same FX as Sonic Haven, this ability grants Defense to Energy, Negative, Cold and Fire.

EnergyAura Entropy.png - Clear Airwaves: Same FX as Clarity, this power grants resistance to mez effects and psionics.

StormSummoning Hurricane.png - Echolocation: Same FX as Sonic Disruption, this power reduces enemy accuracy and ToHit, while boosting your own. it also gives a boost to Perception

DarkArmor ObsidianShield.png - Static Shroud: An auto power that grants resistance to Energy and Psionics, and gives resistance to end-drain.

EnergyAura Cloak.png - Shift Wavelength: Same FX as the residual effect Sonic Blast powers have, this power grants stealth, Defense and a boost to movement speed.

EnergyAura Disrupt.png - Signal Jammer: Same FX as Sonic Repulsion, this power Disorients nearby foes and deals special DoT to Robots and Machines.

EnergyAura Overload.png - Boost Frequency: Same FX as Sonic Dispersion's single target aura, this single-click power grants a huge boost to Defense as well as a boost to speed and damage.

Sonic is generally Resistance - Either Reducing it or Increasing it - in all other Sonic Powersets  

So it shouldn't be Def based.  It should be Resist based.  

Other than that, looks cool. 

9 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Sonic is generally Resistance - Either Reducing it or Increasing it - in all other Sonic Powersets  

So it shouldn't be Def based.  It should be Resist based.  

Other than that, looks cool. 

Good catch! I was aiming for a combo of defense/res like Bio Armor, but I think it weighs a little too heavily towards Defense.

I think as a Resist set there would be more opportunity for additional Psionic resistance too.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:59 PM, Tyrannical said:

Sonic Aura

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Sound Barrier: Same FX as Sonic Barrier, this ability grants Defense to Smashing, Lethal and Energy.

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Harmony: A simple auto power that grants resistance to Smashing and Lethal damage, and defense against -Res and resistance to -Perception effects

EnergyAura PowerShield.png - Sonic Shield: Same FX as Sonic Haven, this ability grants Defense to Energy, Negative, Cold and Fire.

EnergyAura Overload.png - Boost Frequency: Same FX as Sonic Dispersion's single target aura, this single-click power grants a huge boost to Defense as well as a boost to speed and damage.

Sound Barrier (Toggle - .26/s) S/L/Tox (22.5%) Resist

Harmony (Passive) S/L Resist (7.5%), +Perception (Or Resist to -Perception if that's a thing)

Sonic Shield (Toggle - .26/s) F/C/E/N (22.5%) Resist

Disruption Field (Toggle - .33/s) -Resist (20%), -Damage (15%)

Clear Airwaves (Toggle - .26/s) Stun/Hold/Sleep/Immobilize/Knockback/Confuse Resist, Psi (22.5%) Resist

Shift Wavelength (Toggle - .33/s) Stealth, +Def (3.75%) , S/L/F/C/E/N/Tox/Psi (3%) Resist, End Drain Resist, +Speed (35%)

Echolocation (Passive) +ToHit (6%), +Perception, Psi Resist (7.5%)

Signal Jammer (Click - Duration 10 seconds - Recharge 25 Seconds) Location PBAOE -Resist (15%), Moderate Energy Damage DoT (118), Extra Damage to Robots and Machines

Boost Frequency: (Click - Duration 90 Seconds - Recharge 360 Seconds - Unaffected by Attack Rate Changes) +Resist All (16.88%), +Defense All (16.88%),  +Heal (24.99%), +Damage (25%), +Speed (35%), 

Here's a way, I'd possibly do it, based on Sonic Resonance and your suggestion.  Turned Signal Jammer into a Sonic version of Burn Patch.  Boost Frequency as a shorter duration, longer recharge, but more powerful version of Strength of Will.  Gave it a Toggle Damage Field that does -Resist instead of Damage and gives some -Damage as well, to stack on to the resists.  Then gave it a slightly more powerful version of Stealth Toggle.

Still gets the standard Defense with the Stealth, but the other Defense comes from the tier 9, which helps keep it inline, imo, with the Sonic feel, but giving it a little more than just a purely resist set.

Also gave it a Heal in the tier 9, as I recall many not caring for a resist set with no heal (Electric Armor when it first came out).

• Like 2

Somewhat inspired by this post. I had a look to see what could be done to try and achieve a good Whip Melee set, but found that there wasn't really much that could be used to make a complete set. However, I did find that there was just about enough to create a Manipulation set for Blasters just using assets from Demon Summoning alone.

Hellfire Manipulation

FireTrap RingOfFire.png - Hellish Binds: Using the animation/FX of 'Hell On Earth' (except a little faster and targeting the legs), we have all we need for a simple immobilize power.

DemonSummoning Lash.png - Flay: Identical to 'Corruption' only it is instead a light melee attack with no ranged projectile. 

DemonSummoning CrackWhip.png - Crack Whip: The exact power from Demon Summoning.

DemonSummoning Lash.png - Lash: The exact power from Demon Summoning.

FlamingShield FieryEmbrace.png - Build Up: Your typical Build Up power. 

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Hellish Aura: Identical to the Hellfire Gargoyle's 'Hellfire Aura'. However, this power also gives Absorb and Recovery.

FieryFray FireSwordCircle.png - Hellish Coil: This power uses the same FX and whip prop of Crack Whip, with the animation of Katana's 'The Lotus Drops'

FlamingShield HealingFlames.png - Abyssal Reconstruction: Identical to the Ember Demon's power of the same name, except it is now a 'self' power, not an AoE.

FireTrap Soot.png - Infernal Grasp: Like Hellish Binds, this power uses the 'Hell on Earth' animation/FX, but with no changes, forming a high DoT hold power.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

Somewhat inspired by this post. I had a look to see what could be done to try and achieve a good Whip Melee set, but found that there wasn't really much that could be used to make a complete set. However, I did find that there was just about enough to create a Manipulation set for Blasters just using assets from Demon Summoning alone.

Hellfire Manipulation

FireTrap RingOfFire.png - Hellish Binds: Using the animation/FX of 'Hell On Earth' (except a little faster and targeting the legs), we have all we need for a simple immobilize power.

DemonSummoning Lash.png - Flay: Identical to 'Corruption' only it is instead a light melee attack with no ranged projectile. 

DemonSummoning CrackWhip.png - Crack Whip: The exact power from Demon Summoning.

DemonSummoning Lash.png - Lash: The exact power from Demon Summoning.

FlamingShield FieryEmbrace.png - Build Up: Your typical Build Up power. 

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Hellish Aura: Identical to the Hellfire Gargoyle's 'Hellfire Aura'. However, this power also gives Absorb and Recovery.

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Hellfire Burst: Identical to the Hellfire Gargoyle power of the same name, except animation to fit player body rigs.

FlamingShield HealingFlames.png - Abyssal Reconstruction: Identical to the Ember Demon's power of the same name, except it is now a 'self' power, not an AoE.

FireTrap Soot.png - Infernal Grasp: Like Hellish Binds, this power uses the 'Hell on Earth' animation/FX, but with no changes, forming a high DoT hold power.

That would be cool with Fire Blast

I wonder about an Assault set.  Since having whips but not letting Dominators use them probably bothers someone.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

That would be cool with Fire Blast

I wonder about an Assault set.  Since having whips but not letting Dominators use them probably bothers someone.  

I think Hellfire Assault was in the works, but it may have been shelved for a buncha reasons, which is why I focused on a Manipulation set instead.