I know this is kinda random, but I've always wanted to see a Time Travel set, but as soon as I realize that title isn't yet used, it dawns on me that it has to have a Travel power, and thus be a power pool.

4 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

A Support set that provides Bio Armor type buffs to allies would be an interesting re-use of existing assets.

That'd be cool but I don't know that Bio Armor alone provides enough impact.  It feels like it'd need combined with some other effects, like Spines.

1 hour ago, Replacement said:

I know this is kinda random, but I've always wanted to see a Time Travel set, but as soon as I realize that title isn't yet used, it dawns on me that it has to have a Travel power, and thus be a power pool.

Could potentially be an Armor/Aura powerset!

On 2/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Replacement said:

That'd be cool but I don't know that Bio Armor alone provides enough impact.  It feels like it'd need combined with some other effects, like Spines.

Doesn't Kinetics provide a super jump to it's user?

• 3 weeks later

Been a while since I posted here but following a different discussion (and the inclusion of Electrical Affinity) I think I may have a working concept for an Earth/Stone themed support set;

Earth Affinity

StormSummoning Gale.png - Desert Wind: Taken from Scirocco, works similar to Gale

StormSummoning O2Boost.png - Healing Crystals: Single target Heal, grants a temporary 'Crystal Armor' FX before breaking away)

TalonsOfVengeance AshFall.png - Ash Fall: Taken from 'Earth' Talons of Vengeance NPCs, similar in effect to Snow Storm.

EarthAssault PowerBoost.png - Mineraloids: Single target +DEF (All) +ACC/+ToHit/+Special, uses the 'Minerals' FX

NatureAffinity LifegivingSpores.png - Mud Bath: AoE +Regen/+Recovery patch, uses 'Mud Pots' FX with the 'Corrosive Vial' FX layered on top)

StoneArmor Rooted.png - Stimulating Salts: Single target Mez Protection/Toxic & Psionic resistance, uses the 'Salt Crystals' secondary FX on the head

MartialManipulations ThrowSand.png - Sand Blast: Identical to 'Throw Sand' from Martial Combat, but uses the 'tenebrous tentacles' animation

TalonsOfVengeance ShardsOfStone.png - Dust Devils: Taken from Scirocco, works similar to Tornado

EarthGrasp VolcanicGasses.png - Earthen Fumes: Location AoE Hold/-DEF/-RES/-DMG/-ToHit, uses the 'Volcanic Gasses' FX, but each target gets a 'Smoke' aura around their head

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 9

On 3/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, Tyrannical said:

Been a while since I posted here but following a different discussion (and the inclusion of Electrical Affinity) I think I may have a working concept for an Earth/Stone themed support set;

Earth Affinity

StormSummoning Gale.png - Desert Wind: (Taken from Scirocco)

StormSummoning O2Boost.png - Healing Crystals: (Single target Heal, grants a temporary 'Crystal Armor' FX before breaking away)

TalonsOfVengeance AshFall.png - Ash Fall: (Taken from 'Earth' Talons of Vengeance NPCs)

EarthAssault PowerBoost.png - Mineraloids: (Single target +DEF (All) +ACC/+ToHit/+Special, uses the 'Minerals' FX)

NatureAffinity LifegivingSpores.png - Mud Bath: (AoE +Regen/+Recovery patch, uses 'Mud Pots' FX with the 'Corrosive Vial' FX layered on top) 

StoneArmor Rooted.png - Stimulating Salts: (Single target Mez Protection/Toxic & Psionic resistance, uses the 'Salt Crystals' secondary FX on the head)

MartialManipulations ThrowSand.png - Sand Blast: (Identical to 'Throw Sand' from Martial Combat, but uses the 'tenebrous tentacles' animation)

TalonsOfVengeance ShardsOfStone.png - Dust Devils: (Taken from Scirocco)

EarthGrasp VolcanicGasses.png - Earthen Fumes: (Location AoE Hold/-DEF/-RES/-DMG/-ToHit, uses the 'Volcanic Gasses' FX, but each target gets a 'Smoke' aura around their head.)

Instead of piling on in my own thread, would it be already if I copy pasted my list here instead? And update it on occasion? Mostly since both threads are for about creating power sets and the likes using assets already in the game, mines just powersets *and* archetypes, origins and pools.

9 minutes ago, TheMultiVitamin said:

Instead of piling on in my own thread, would it be already if I copy pasted my list here instead? And update it on occasion? Mostly since both threads are for about creating power sets and the likes using assets already in the game, mines just powersets *and* archetypes, origins and pools.

Feel free to! I'll be sure to add in anything you come up with to the index in the original post!

Archetypes

Transformer: Assault or Melee Primaries, Armor secondaries. What makes them Unique is that the Archetype power is called "Rage" (name pending). As Rage builds up the Players Damage is slowly increased but Defense is decreased, up to a maximum of 100. Once 100 Rage is reached, a new power becomes available called "Transform" which would cause the player to transform into a very large, raging monster, with heightened Damage and Defense, and 4 abilities. Smash (single target low damage), Clap (mid damage Cone), Stomp (AOE mid damage) and Destroy (single target high damage).

Shapeshifter:

Powersets and Pools

Hacking Power Pool:

Mastermind - Digital Summons Power Set: This power set features, like all other MM primaries, 3 different summoning powers, each summoning a different digital monster (ala the Binary aura). T1's would be small, digital Gremlins, T2's would be larger and stronger digital gremlins, and the T3 would be a creature similar to Illusion Controls Phantasm, but with a binary aura and possibly digital wings. Alongside the 2 Upgrade powers for these summons (named "Update Software" and "Update Hardware"), it would also feature 3 "Hack" crowd controls a single target Stun/Immobilize, an AOE Stun/Immobilize and a single target Mind Control type power that causes the target to fight for the player for a short while. The last ability would be an "Antivirus" ability that would be a small AOE heal or resistance buff.

Mastermind - Rikti Summons Power Set: This power set would feature 3 different summoning powers, and each would summon different Rikti monsters, the T1 could be Rikti Drones, Rikti Monkeys or maybe Rikti Conscripts/Infantry, the T2 could be Headsman, and the T3 could be a Chief Mentalist or Chief Soldier. That is, it would use these assets. Then the 2 Upgrade powers could be named "Connection" and "Mind Link" in theme with the Rikti's psychic capabilities. Finally the last 4 powers for this Power Set could be Mental Blast, Mesmerize, Rikti Rifle and Rikti Sword to keep following the Rikti theme.

Mastermind - Super Summons Power Set: This power set would be about summoning minor Superheroes/Villains to do your bidding. The T1's would be low level minions, one with Super Strength, one with Fire Blast, and one with Ice Control. The T2's would be a pair of minor Superheroes/Villains, one with Mind Control and one with Nature Affinity. The T3 would be a single decent Superhero/Villain with either Titan Weapon or Storm Summoning. The upgrades would be called "Progress" and "Growth", and would just unlock further stronger powers they could use alongside their normal powers. Finally the last 4 abilities would be Buffs, the first would be a minor AOE buff to Damage, the second would be a single target medium buff to Defense and would heal, the 3rd would be a medium AOE buff to Endurance Regen, and the last would be a medium AOE buff to resistances.

Mastermind - Mutant Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Insect/Arachnid Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Eldritch Summons Power Set:

Cosmic Blast, Assault, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Digital Blast and Digital Melee Power Set:

Super Speed Melee Power Set:

Antimatter Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Wind Control, Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Lava Blast, Melee, Control and Armor Power Set:

Water Melee Power Set:

Sniper Rifle Power Set:

Explosives Power Set:

Single Fist Melee Power Set:

Parkour Movement Power: 

Fear/Nightmare Control/Assault: The powerset itself would focus on fear and sleep effects. With it's T9 ability being similar to the Phantom Army from Illusion control. But instead of illusions, it'd summon Aspects of Fear/Nightmares that would be similar to the Gremlin models but black with dark aura's, or even just an invisible base model with a black smoke/ink Aura. The first 2 abilities would be something like "Induce Fear/Nightmare" and "Widespread Fear/Nightmare" a single target and an AOE respectively. Afterwards would be a cone that would reduce Defense and cause Sleep and/or Fear as a minor effect. Then there could be an "Awaken" ability that, when cast, increase resistance to Fear/Sleep effects and does a minor heal in an AOE. I can't think of much for the last few powers, but you could use assets from Necromancy, Dark Miasma and Dark Blast as well.

Patrons

We have 4 Arch Villain Patrons, so why not 4 Hero Patrons?

Spirit of Statesman:

Ms. Liberty: 

Foreshadow:

Faultline:

Origins

Gift: With this Origin it means the character got their powers via a Gift from some being that decided they were worthy of the power. It could give a whole new flavor for characters RP wise and, since HC are making power pools for each Origin, would give an additional power pool that could be based on healing and buffing allies by bestowing "Gifts" upon them similar to how the character got their own powers, just to a far lesser extent in the form of heals and temporary buffs.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, Tyrannical said:

Earth Affinity

StormSummoning O2Boost.png - Healing Crystals: (Single target Heal, grants a temporary 'Crystal Armor' FX before breaking away)

TalonsOfVengeance AshFall.png - Ash Fall: (Taken from 'Earth' Talons of Vengeance NPCs)

EarthAssault PowerBoost.png - Mineraloids: (Single target +DEF (All) +ACC/+ToHit/+Special, uses the 'Minerals' FX)

NatureAffinity LifegivingSpores.png - Mud Bath: (AoE +Regen/+Recovery patch, uses 'Mud Pots' FX with the 'Corrosive Vial' FX layered on top) 

StoneArmor Rooted.png - Stimulating Salts: (Single target Mez Protection/Toxic & Psionic resistance, uses the 'Salt Crystals' secondary FX on the head)

MartialManipulations ThrowSand.png - Sand Blast: (Identical to 'Throw Sand' from Martial Combat, but uses the 'tenebrous tentacles' animation)

EarthGrasp VolcanicGasses.png - Earthen Fumes: (Location AoE Hold/-DEF/-RES/-DMG/-ToHit, uses the 'Volcanic Gasses' FX, but each target gets a 'Smoke' aura around their head.)

No DE Cairn?

On 3/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, TheMultiVitamin said:

Wind Control, Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Water Melee Power Set:

Sniper Rifle Power Set:

I think these would be the most likely candidates for sure, there's certainly data for Wind Control, and some discussion for a proper Sniper Rifle blast powerset too. Water Melee might be viable too, since there's existing stuff in game at least.

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

I think these would be the most likely candidates for sure, there's certainly data for Wind Control, and some discussion for a proper Sniper Rifle blast powerset too. Water Melee might be viable too, since there's existing stuff in game at least.

You know, someone already posted an idea for a rifle-based support set....what if we made it something akin to trick shots?  Shooting someone's weapon hand to lower their damage, or their kneecap to lower their speed, etc....

On 3/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, Tyrannical said:

Earth Affinity

Do you happen to remember off the top of your head what the directly-taken powers do, here?

Desert Wind looks like cone KB, Ash Fall is... a ground-targeted slow?   Dust Devils - no clue.  

1 hour ago, Replacement said:

Do you happen to remember off the top of your head what the directly-taken powers do, here?

Desert Wind looks like cone KB, Ash Fall is... a ground-targeted slow?   Dust Devils - no clue.  

Desert Wind is a little like Gust I believe, and Dust Devils summons smaller tornado-like pets.

Ash Fall is much like Snow Storm, an area that reduces vision and accuracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one is brought to you by the discussion of poorly performing support sets and the realization that Trick/Tactical Arrow is ALMOST a control set already;

Gimmick Arrow Control

Electrified Net Arrow (t1): Single Target Immobilize + energy DoT.

Stunning Shot (t2): Single Target Stun + knockdown + kinetic damage

Ice Arrow (t3): Single Target Hold + cold DoT.

Flash Arrow (t4): AoE -Perception

Toxic Glue Arrow (t5): AoE Immobilize + toxic DoT

Poison Gas Arrow (t6): AoE sleep.

ESD Arrow (t7): AoE hold with special vs. robots.

Oil Slick Arrow (t8): Knockdown patch you can set on fire with electrified net arrow.

Sonic Disruption Arrow (t9): Location-based AoE -RES and repeating smashing damage.

The only real issue with the design is how it doubles up some of Trick Arrow’s attacks; but then Trick Arrow already doubles up on a normal control set with its immobilize, hold, AoE hold and sleep so it’s mainly just that in this case the FX would match instead of one immobilize being a ring of fire and the other a net.

It also opens up the prospect of pairing it with an actual buff set as well instead of Trick Arrow essentially replacing the buffs from the build like Gimmick Arrow/Time or Rad.

The theme would be essentially be for say, a Silver Age Green Arrow type who disables his foes through entirely non-lethal gimmick arrows instead of Archery’s lethal, incendiary and explosive loads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

This one is brought to you by the discussion of poorly performing support sets and the realization that Trick/Tactical Arrow is ALMOST a control set already;

Gimmick Arrow Control

Electrified Net Arrow (t1): Single Target Immobilize + energy DoT.

Stunning Shot (t2): Single Target Stun + knockdown + kinetic damage

Ice Arrow (t3): Single Target Hold + cold DoT.

Flash Arrow (t4): AoE -Perception

Toxic Glue Arrow (t5): AoE Immobilize + toxic DoT

Poison Gas Arrow (t6): AoE sleep.

ESD Arrow (t7): AoE hold with special vs. robots.

Oil Slick Arrow (t8): Knockdown patch you can set on fire with electrified net arrow.

Sonic Disruption Arrow (t9): Location-based AoE -RES and repeating smashing damage.

The only real issue with the design is how it doubles up some of Trick Arrow’s attacks; but then Trick Arrow already doubles up on a normal control set with its immobilize, hold, AoE hold and sleep so it’s mainly just that in this case the FX would match instead of one immobilize being a ring of fire and the other a net.

It also opens up the prospect of pairing it with an actual buff set as well instead of Trick Arrow essentially replacing the buffs from the build like Gimmick Arrow/Time or Rad.

The theme would be essentially be for say, a Silver Age Green Arrow type who disables his foes through entirely non-lethal gimmick arrows instead of Archery’s lethal, incendiary and explosive loads.

I think there are some interesting ideas here! My guess is that the reason we have Trick Archery for Blasters is because it does indeed have a lot of Mez potential.

That being said there is the problem of this powerset having too many overlapping powers with Trick Arrow, which isn't great for Controllers, so it would have to be a Dominator-only powerset.

2 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

That being said there is the problem of this powerset having too many overlapping powers with Trick Arrow, which isn't great for Controllers, so it would have to be a Dominator-only powerset.

By that theory though, Scrappers ought to be locked out of the fighting pool because Street Justice has very similar moves and Tough and Weave like powers can be found in the armor sets.

If you want to argue pure mechanics rather than the graphical effects, then Trick Arrow should already be banned from Controllers for double-stacking a single target immobilize and both single-target and AoE holds with every other control set.

If the argument is that they need to look different, then change toxic glue arrow to "Electrified Net Volley" and and ESD arrow for "Ice Arrow Volley."

1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

By that theory though, Scrappers ought to be locked out of the fighting pool because Street Justice has very similar moves and Tough and Weave like powers can be found in the armor sets.

If you want to argue pure mechanics rather than the graphical effects, then Trick Arrow should already be banned from Controllers for double-stacking a single target immobilize and both single-target and AoE holds with every other control set.

If the argument is that they need to look different, then change toxic glue arrow to "Electrified Net Volley" and and ESD arrow for "Ice Arrow Volley."

It's not the case of duplicate mechanics, it's the case of duplicate powers.

A powerset like this needs its own identity if its to work in tandem with Trick Arrow, otherwise I just dont see it working very well for controllers.

• 3 weeks later

I'm a novice when it comes to MMs.  Most of my MM builds are just for fun and aren't very optimized but I did have an idea for a concept that I'd like to bounce off you guys:

MM Powerset Primary - Arcanist

The arcanist is someone capable of animating or materializing energy and matter to then perform specific tasks.  Either through use of magic or some other special means of science or technological activation, these objects act through the power of a central command that is the Mastermind themselves.  [Aside ~ The concept I'd like to create is a MM that isn't using "pets", per say but all the power is emanating from you.  You are a Doctor Strange manipulating magic or a Telekinetic controlling objects with your mind or a Green Lantern creating constructs with your power ring. Animation wise, I'd like to have 2 alternates, one where the user is holding a tome when using the powers and another of just concentrating with no props.  No drawing of runes or flashy FX, just turning a page or concentrating and up floats the objects.]

spacer.png

1. Conjure Cold (ST cold/lethal, special): Summon a cloud of cold that projects a blast of ice at your foe. Depending on your level of concentration, your conjured cold will shoot either an Ice Blast or a Freeze Ray (lowered damage from the normal version).  It's not actually a pet, just the animation for the attack.

spacer.png

2. Vorpal Swords (Summon pet): Animate 1-3 swords depending on your level to float up and attack foes. Vorpal Swords have a chance to benefit from your connection, occasionally giving them access to more attacks. Vorpal Swords use Broadsword, Katana and Dual Blade attacks as well as the special ability "Spear of Light" which is a ranged energy damage attack.

spacer.png

3. Conjure Fire (ST fire damage/DoT): Summon a cloud of fire that projects a heat flare at your foe. Depending on your level of concentration, your conjured fire will shoot either a Flares attack or a Fire Blast attack (lowered damage from the normal version). Again, it's not actually a pet, just the animation for the attack.

DemonSummoning_AbyssalEmpowerment.png

4. Focused Connection (Passive, special): The strength of your connection varies on the situation.  But when your connection becomes focused, 2-5 of your animated constructs have a heightened connection, granting them additional attacks. This only affects your pets, not yourself.  Think of it like a temporary pet upgrade that lasts for around 25sec that is randomly pushed out to your pets every 10sec. The disadvantage is this upgrade is temporary and random while the advantage is all your pets only ever require this 1 upgrade to be at max capability.

spacer.png

5. Conjure Storm (TAoE energy damage): Summon a lightning storm to expel a torrent of power at your foes.  Depending on your level of concentration, your conjured storm will shoot a ranged Chain Induction attack or a Ball Lightning attack (smaller radius). This is not actually a pet, just the animation for the attack.

spacer.png

6. Animated Staff (Summon pet): Animate 1-2 staves that move and attack your foes. Animated Staves have a chance to benefit from your connection, occasionally giving them access to more attacks.  Animated Staff uses Staff Fighting attacks and the Mastery of Form passive.

spacer.png

7. Open Gate (Toggle Location; Self: Cannot Act, Special): Use your remaining concentration to hold open a Gate.  While holding the gate open, you cannot use other powers.  The gate closes if it sustains enough damage or you turn the toggle off.  It also automatically closes (toggle off) after 30sec.  While activated, Gate will summon Demonlings that explode in fire, ice and hellfire upon expiration, will spew Hell on Earth, fire projectiles that Melt Armor and cast Forge on you or your constructs.  Upon closing the gate, your connection is focused and your concentration is heightened.

spacer.png

8. Power Orb (Summon pet): You catalyze a focus that helps you concentrate and focus your connection with your construct.  Not only does it occasionally boosts your personal concentration (affecting Conjure Cold, Conjure Fire and Conjure Storm) but boosts the chance of focusing your connection while being in its presence (boosts Focused Connection chances).  Power orb uses attacks from Gravity Control (Lift and Propel) as well as temporarily summon other orbs at random for a short time (Ball of Light, Counter Spell and Dispel).

DemonSummoning_EnchantDemon.png

9. Concentration Loop (Passive, special): When one of your connected constructs gains a boost from your connection, there's a chance you will gain a boost to your concentration.  When your concentration is boosted, your Focused Connection chance is boosted further. The intent is that when you stack this, Focused Connection and Power Orb's buff to concentration and focused connection, you'll have a near 100% uptime on this effect on all your pets.  (You can imagine the icon having a passive boarder around it instead of the targeted AoE boarder).

Clarification: Focused Connection = pet upgrade.  Concentration = upgrade to your attacks.

Tier 1 Pets:

Vorpal Sword Vorpal Edge Vorpal Blades
Basic Attacks

spacer.pngHack,

Sword_Parry.pngParry

Katana_Hack.pngGambler's Cut, 

20110809225114!Katana_Taunt.pngDragon's Roar

DualBlades_ModerateOpening.pngPower Slice,

DualBlades_ModerateBridge.pngAblating Strike

Upgraded

Sword_Disembowel.pngDisembowel,

Sword_Ranged_Moderate.pngSpear of Light

Katana_Parry.pngDivine Avalanche,

Katana_Slice.pngFlashing Steel

Sword_Ranged_Moderate.pngSpear of Light

DualBlades_Special2.pngSweeping Strike

Sword_Ranged_Moderate.pngSpear of Light,

Weaken Combo

Tier 2 Pets:

Animated Spear Animated Glaive
Basic Attacks

StaffFighting_FormoftheBody.pngMastery of Form,

StaffFighting_MercurialBlow.pngMercurial Blow,

StaffFighting_SerpentsReach.pngSerpent's Reach

StaffFighting_FormoftheBody.pngMastery of Form,

StaffFighting_MercurialBlow.pngMercurial Blow,

StaffFighting_SerpentsReach.pngSerpent's Reach

Upgraded

StaffFighting_InnocuousStrikes.pngInnocuous Strikes,

StaffFighting_SkySplitter.pngSky Splitter,

StaffFighting_GuardedSpin.pngGuarded Spin,

StaffFighting_BuildUp.pngBuild Up,

StaffFighting_Taunt.pngTaunt

Tier 3 Pet:

Power Orb
Basic Attacks AnimusArcana_Lift.pngLift, AnimusArcana_Propel.pngPropel, TimeManipulation_TimeStop.pngTime Stop
Upgraded

TimeManipulation_DistortionField.pngDistortion Field, PowerBlast_EnergyTorrent.pngEnergy Torrent, 

PlantControl_VenusFlytrap.pngConjure Ball of Light, DarknessControl_UmbraBeast.pngConjure Counter Spell,

IceFormation_JackFrost.pngConjure Dispel

Misc Pets:

Gate Demonlings Ball of Light Counter Spell Dispel

DemonSummoning_SummonDemonlings.pngSummon Demonlings,

DemonSummoning_HellonEarth.pngHell on Earth,

AnimusArcana_MeltArmor.pngMelt Armor, AnimusArcana_Forge.pngForge

Claws_ClawsSwipe.pngClaw Rake

PowerBlast_NovaBlast.pngCold Burst or

FieryFray_Combustion.pngFlame Burst or

Quills_FlingQuills.pngHellfire Burst

Empathy_AbsorbPain.pngBurst of Light,

Empathy_HealOther.pngSurge of Light

SonicDebuff_ProtectPhysical.pngSonic Barrier,

SonicBlast_Medium.pngScream,

SonicBlast_Cone.pngHowl

PowerBlast_PowerBlast.pngPower Blast,

EnergyAura_Drain.pngEnergy Drain,

KineticBoost_SiphonPower.pngSiphon Power

Edited by Naraka
  • Like 9

You know, going through the AT and set combinations, it's cool that this thread has filled in some Defender and Troller options for the Natural origin, but IMO we need a definitively tech-origin set for Controls.  How about Nanite Control?  I'm thinking it would borrow from ice/earth, along with some of Poison, and maybe Rad Emission's choking cloud.  Probably also has a Caltrops equivalent instead of something like ice slick or quicksand.  I don't have time to put this together just now, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

• Like 2