Got another from recycling a bunch of the powers from various robots to make a sort of 'robotic' themed blast set. I wanted to avoid using the 'laser' themed powers since they might better serve a concept all on their own, but the other powers belonging to Robotics Henchmen as well as their Malta counterparts works well, especially when combined with a few unique powers belonging to Arachnobots.

Arsenal Blast

You have an arsenal of munitions affixed to your body, allowing you to release blasts of energy from specially designed weaponry.

BeamRifle SingleShot.png - Photon Blast: This power deals light energy damage, and has similar FX to the Arachnobot Blaster's 'Energy Blast' power

BeamRifle ChargedShot.png - Plasma Blast: A power belonging to the Assault Bot/Malta Titan, hitting foes with high energy damage and reducing regeneration

BeamRifle CuttingBeam.png - Photon Barrage: Deals moderate energy damage in a cone, and has similar FX to the Arachnobot Blaster's 'Sweep Area' power

Robotics LaserRifleStunGrenade.png - Photon Grenade: Taken from Robotics, delivers an AoE energy attack that can potentially disorient targets

BeamRifle Aim.png - Aim: Standard Aim power

BeamRifle Disintegrate.png - Photon Pulse: Deals heavy energy DoT to a single target, and has similar FX to the Arachnobot Blaster's 'Energy Pulse' power

BeamRifle PiercingBeam.png - Dual Plasma Blast: Another Assault Bot/malta Titan power, delivering a heavy blast in a narrow cone that can knock foes back and reduce regeneration

BeamRifle LancerShot.png - Photon Ray: A power that delivers superior energy damage at short range, using similar FX to the Malta Sapper beam.

BeamRifle Overcharge.png - Heavy Plasma Blast: A heavy torrent of plasma, reworked to work as an AoE dealing superior energy damage, with similar FX to Malta Titan's 'Quad Plasma Blast' with a larger version of 'Photon Grenade' FX on impact

Edited by Tyrannical
Original concept amalgamated into 'Particle Blast' and 'Plasma Blast', so now this powerset has been reworked to include assets from Robotics, Malta and Arachnobots instead.
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

Got another from recycling a bunch of the powers from Praetorian Clockwork to make a sort of 'robotic' themed blast set. it will likely not include the moving parts as seen on the clockwork, but would use the same animations and FX at least.

Arsenal Blast

You have an arsenal of munitions affixed to your body, allowing you to release blasts of energy from specially designed weaponry.

BeamRifle SingleShot.png - Particle Blast

PowerBlast PowerPush.png - Charged Blast

BeamRifle CuttingBeam.png - Plasma Spray

BeamRifle Aim.png - Aim

BeamRifle Disintegrate.png - Welding Ray

BeamRifle CuttingBeam.png - Particle Spray

PowerBlast Explosion.png - Particle Burst

BeamRifle LancerShot.png - Anti-Matter Ray

BeamRifle Overcharge.png - Anti-Matter Beam

PLEASE let this come with a shoulder cannon! ❤️

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, Tyrannical said:

Kinetic Manipulation

Interesting set of powers for this. Something that I think would be great is if you could add some kind of "Momentum" ability to this, where the player would build up their own Kinetic Manipulation ability. Something akin to Tidal Power, but triggered by physical attacks against the player (probably needs a name other than Momentum to not confuse it with Titan Weapons).

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

Got another from recycling a bunch of the powers from Praetorian Clockwork to make a sort of 'robotic' themed blast set. it will likely not include the moving parts as seen on the clockwork, but would use the same animations and FX at least.

Arsenal Blast

Personally, I'd kind of like this if it took a little more from MM Robotics Pets. Okay, really I just want to fire swarm missiles, is that too much to ask?

On 4/5/2020 at 12:15 AM, Sakura Tenshi said:

Personally, I'd kind of like this if it took a little more from MM Robotics Pets. Okay, really I just want to fire swarm missiles, is that too much to ask?

I had something in mind to mirror this based off Robotics, IDF, PPD Shells and Turrets that would be a 'War Machine' themed set with missile pods and mounted miniguns, where Arsenal would be more like 'Iron Man'

Artillery Blast

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Minigun Burst: A PPD Shell power that fires a burst of minor lethal DoT

AssaultWeapons ShotgunSlug.png - Missile: A basic missile attack, launching a single projectile like that of 'Rocket' type enemies in various factions, dealing moderate lethal/smashing damage

ArachnosSoldier HeavyBurst.png - Minigun Heavy Burst: Another PPD Shell power, dealing higher lethal DoT in a cone

AssaultWeapons ARM30grenade.png - Swarm Missiles: A power Assault Bot has, firing missiles in an AoE and dealing moderate damage

AssaultWeapons Aim.png - Aim: Standard Aim power

ArachnosSoldier VenomGrenade.png - Missile Volley: An IDF Heavy Trooper power, firing missiles at a Targeted AoE and deals fire/lethal damage

AssaultWeapons ARFlamethrower.png - Flamethrower: An Assault Bot power that sprays an area with a hose of heavy fire DoT

AssaultWeapons ARFlamethrowerIgnite.png - Incendiary Missiles: Another Assault Bot power, firing missiles in an AoE and creating a burning patch that deals fire AoE

CrabSpider OmegaManeuver.png - Warhead: A new power that uses the same animation/FX as the Warburg nukes, bringing down a warhead to deal massive smashing/fire damage in an AoE

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

For Zombie summoning customisation I'd like to see the "throw caltrops" animation but obviously without the caltrops... FOR THIS IS HOW YOU SUMMON THE DEAD!

Okay, maybe it didn't work for him this time, but it IS how you summon the dead, honest!

Edited by Herotu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know how hard it would be to simply scale down an effect, and or make it hit fewer targets?  I'm thinking of something involving a small version of the Vorpal Judgement animation....

Okay, rough draft, but I suck at thinking of new names for powers, so I reserve the right to slowly edit them in as I think of things:

SPEED COMBAT:  You are able to make use of your enhanced speed to deliver blows with the force of a wrecking ball.  All powers deal smashing damage.  This power has an accuracy bonus, as the enemies seem to be moving in slow-motion to you.

T1:  "Rapid Strikes."  Flurry, taken from Super Speed.

T2:  "Vortex Draft."  A 1-second duration Whirlwind, take from Super Speed.  Causes knock-UP on all nearby enemies, in addition to smashing damage.

T3:  "Dashing Strikes."  Burst of Speed, taken from Martial Combat.

T4:  Chronos, taken from Temporal Manipulation, as the Build-Up clone.

T5:  Reaction Time, taken from Martial Combat.  I figure if Dark Melee can have a power that's just a debuff, we can do it here, too.  It just FITS thematically, and for that "I'm faster than all the baddies" feel.

T6:  Confront (obligatory)

T7:  Rending Flurry, taken from Savage Melee

T8:  "Supersonic Strike."  A weaponless version of Shield Charge, from Shield Defense, but targeting only ONE enemy, for extreme damage.

T9:  "1,000 Fists."  A toned-down version of the Vorpal Judgement, with some of the graphics animations removed, fewer targets hit, less damage, but a quicker activation.  May add some sort of "cloud" effect in the targeted area, as if all that can be seen is a blur of your character dashing around.

Other powers I considered throwing in were Ki Push from Martial Combat, and a weaponless version of Whirling Smash from Titan Weapons.

Thoughts?

Edited by Menelruin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Menelruin said:

Does anyone know how hard it would be to simply scale down an effect, and or make it hit fewer targets?  I'm thinking of something involving a small version of the Vorpal Judgement animation....

Okay, rough draft, but I suck at thinking of new names for powers, so I reserve the right to slowly edit them in as I think of things:

Back when the Phantom army changes were made, I actually came up with a similar idea for a Mastermind Primary that used a lot of the technology behind Vorpal Judgement to make a working 'duplication' powerset.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I kind of want to suggest throwing in DE Quartz or Cairn into this set no matter how stupidly broken it would be. (They grant about +50% to ToHit or Resistance respectively.)

I considered it, but I think it might be confusing as soon as you start doing DE missions and figuring out who's cairn is who's 😛

I feel like a gadget control set is really low hanging fruit with the variety of grenades you could use.  A pet could recycle one of the variety of drones we encounter.  If I recall correctly, controllers are still a fairly popular AT via the last server stats.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, AngriestGhost said:

I feel like a gadget control set is really low hanging fruit with the variety of grenades you could use.  A pet could recycle one of the variety of drones we encounter.  If I recall correctly, controllers are still a fairly popular AT via the last server stats.

It was something I considered, it was a pretty close tie between making that or a 'riot rifle' inspired powerset (both of which use grenades and such). I ended up going for the latter since it paired nicely with 'Rifle Assault' for Dominators, and could easily be adjusted into a blaster secondary that would also pair well with 'Assault Rifle'.

However! With enough changes from the original idea it could entirely be possible to make a gadget/genades themed control set (I think I touched on this a while ago) so I have some material left over for it.

Utility Grenades

Gadgets WebGrenade.png - Toxic Web Grenade: Taken from Devices, the toxic element helps separate it from the Traps version of the power

BaneSpiderTraining WebCocoon.png - Web Cocoon Grenade: Taken from Bane Spider/Mace Mastery, a nice hold power, dispite dealing no damage

ArachnosSoldier WideAreaWebGrenade.png - Wide Area Web Grenade: Taken from PPD/Arachnos Soldier, a good AoE Immobilize power that fits here

Gadgets SmokeGrenade.png - Smoke Grenade: Taken from Devices, fills a similar niche to Smoke from Fire Control

TrickArrow Slow.png - Glue Grenade: Taken from PPD, works similar to Glue Arrow, providing a heavy slow effect

MunitionsMastery SleepGrenade.png - Sleep Grenade: Taken from Munitions Mastery, a good candidate for an AoE sleep power

Temporary ChromaticGrenades.png - Stun Grenade: Taken from Malta/Temporary Powers, a stun AoE power would be perfect for this set.

Temporary TearGas.png - Tear Gas Grenade: Taken from PPD, the ideal power for an AoE hold

Gadgets Turret.png - Grenade Mortar: Repurposed Acid Mortar, fires Frag Grenades, Incendiary Grenades and Toxin Grenades

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, BrandX said:

See new pages in beta and none of these suggestions in there makes me 😞

If any of the HC team want to use any of these ideas, they're more than welcome to!

This has always been a though exercise for 'what could be', using a very strict set of parameters to see what could be most viable moving forward, so everything here should have an easier time being implemented.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

It was something I considered, it was a pretty close tie between making that or a 'riot rifle' inspired powerset (both of which use grenades and such). I ended up going for the latter since it paired nicely with 'Rifle Assault' for Dominators, and could easily be adjusted into a blaster secondary that would also pair well with 'Assault Rifle'.

However! With enough changes from the original idea it could entirely be possible to make a gadget/genades themed control set (I think I touched on this a while ago) so I have some material left over for it.

Utility Grenades

Gadgets WebGrenade.png - Toxic Web Grenade (Taken from Devices)

BaneSpiderTraining WebCocoon.png - Web Cocoon Grenade (Taken from Bane Spider/Mace Mastery)

ArachnosSoldier WideAreaWebGrenade.png - Wide Area Web Grenade (Taken from PPD/Arachnos Soldier)

Gadgets SmokeGrenade.png - Smoke Grenade (Taken from Devices)

TrickArrow Slow.png - Glue Grenade (Taken from PPD)

MunitionsMastery SleepGrenade.png - Sleep Grenade (Taken from Munitions Mastery)

Temporary ChromaticGrenades.png - Stun Grenade (Taken from Malta/Temporary Powers)

Temporary TearGas.png - Tear Gas Grenade (Taken from PPD)

Gadgets Turret.png - Grenade Mortar (Repurposed Acid Mortar, fires Frag Grenades, Incendiary Grenades, EMP Grenades and Toxin Grenades)

NEED.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

Utility Grenades

Gadgets WebGrenade.png - Toxic Web Grenade (Taken from Devices)

BaneSpiderTraining WebCocoon.png - Web Cocoon Grenade (Taken from Bane Spider/Mace Mastery)

ArachnosSoldier WideAreaWebGrenade.png - Wide Area Web Grenade (Taken from PPD/Arachnos Soldier)

Gadgets SmokeGrenade.png - Smoke Grenade (Taken from Devices)

TrickArrow Slow.png - Glue Grenade (Taken from PPD)

MunitionsMastery SleepGrenade.png - Sleep Grenade (Taken from Munitions Mastery)

Temporary ChromaticGrenades.png - Stun Grenade (Taken from Malta/Temporary Powers)

Temporary TearGas.png - Tear Gas Grenade (Taken from PPD)

Gadgets Turret.png - Grenade Mortar (Repurposed Acid Mortar, fires Frag Grenades, Incendiary Grenades, EMP Grenades and Toxin Grenades)

I could totally see a few different concepts around this.  Love it!

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

4 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

I like both, your munitions one and this Grenade one.  I think it's a great idea to show the devs different incarnations they could take based on what they feel fits best.

Speaking for myself, I think the ideal is to be "all over the place" instead of having a single form-factor.  Like 3 grenades, 2 drone powers (one that is more traditional pet, one that is more for spewing out control-over-time like Earthquake), wrist-rockets, turrets, mines... even just a couple of gun-based like net launcher where the redraw is guaranteed and accounted for in the balance.  That's probably because I still like "Contraptions" as a set name.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
On 5/8/2020 at 7:02 PM, BrandX said:

I just feel this needs to be reminded for the powers to be to give these sets a look.

Funnily enough I was digging through material to see what else could be made and happened by the Talons of Vengeance 'Sirens' and their amazing Sonic abilities. They have access to about 7 unique power effects (two of which can be reused I'm sure) which will form the bulk of the animation/FX for use in a new powerset. Though, since we already have a sonic support set, I think it would serve well to be tweaked into a Control Set (oh boy another one).

Sonic Control

Your ability to control soundwaves and frequencies has allowed you to shape your voice into hypnotic songs and chants. When using your Sonic Control powers on a sleeping target, you create a 'Melody', causing your target to suffer additional psionic damage.

MentalControl Hypnotize.png - Entrance: Single target Sleep, Moderate Energy/Psi damage, -Res

MentalControl Command.png - Fascinate: Single target Hold, Moderate Energy/Psi damage, -Res

MentalControl MindControl.png - Serenade: Single target Confuse

FireTrap Smoke.png - Distraction: Location AoE -perception, -tohit

FireTrap Flashfire.png - Wail: Targeted AoE stun, Minor Smashing/Energy damage, -Res

ElectricControl StaticField.png - Lullaby: Targeted AoE Sleep, -Res

MentalControl Terrify.png - Dirge: Cone AoE Fear, Minor Smashing/Psionic damage, -Res

MentalControl Freeze.png - Mass Fascination: Targeted AoE Hold

MentalControl Confuse.png - Cacophony: Targeted AoE Confuse

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1