Trip Mine for /Traps

ScarySai

Bump. I'll +1 the OP's suggestion.

Anything to make Traps less clunky I'm in favor of. A 5 second arm time for both Trip Mine and Time Bomb is already too long on top of the cast being interrupt-able. 
The other trap powers likewise could use they're arm times (animation times) lowered as well. The stationary nature of traps is already at war with the pace of most teams, relegating traps to favor solo play.

• Thanks 1

Yes. Traps could use some love. I mean just the other day I did a Manticore TF, and we got to Hopkins and someone from the team wasn't there so I set up about 12 mines. Only for the tank to fight him away from my mines and a controller then lured a single minion over my mines.

All that work wasted.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Yes. Traps could use some love. I mean just the other day I did a Manticore TF, and we got to Hopkins and someone from the team wasn't there so I set up about 12 mines. Only for the tank to bring fight him away from my mines and a controller lured a single minion over them.

All that work wasted.

And this is why we need to be able to detonate teammates. 😛

• Haha 2

Alright traps gets a new team buff called "Suicide Vest", it gives the buffed player a temporary +15% defense all boost which when it expires the player is killed in a massive PBAoE explosion doing Extreme damage. The Traps player when they activate the power gets a power tray with an ability called Detonate to blow up the player early.

Pairs extremely well with Vengeance.

33 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Alright traps gets a new team buff called "Suicide Vest", it gives the buffed player a temporary +15% defense all boost which when it expires the player is killed in a massive PBAoE explosion doing Extreme damage. The Traps player when they activate the power gets a power tray with an ability called Detonate to blow up the player early.

Pairs extremely well with Vengeance.

I'm in!!!!!!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

47 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Honestly, can Trip Mine and Time Bomb just be combined and a new power for all sets that have these be put in?

Time Trip?

Mine Bomb?

Trip Bomb?

Time Mine?

Is it just lack of sleep, or do some of those sound like they'd be kinda cool?

• Like 2

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

7 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Could always take time bomb and allow the traps player to lob a sticky bomb or fly a detonating drone over to it's target to Detonate (including a swap ammo feature to change from napalm, schrapnel, emp, or acid detonations).

I always thought the best way to fix time bomb would be to just make it omega maneuver.

The game can handle Powers which grant targets another Power, right?  Someone mentioned blowing up teammates, but what about, instead, the Time Bomb is a Buff Power.  It gives an allied player a Temp Single-Use Trip Mine that has 0 Interrupt time to cast.  The Time Bomb will expire from the teammate after a while, but you can cast on multiple teammates to arm them with bombs simultaneously.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

The game can handle Powers which grant targets another Power, right?  Someone mentioned blowing up teammates, but what about, instead, the Time Bomb is a Buff Power.  It gives an allied player a Temp Single-Use Trip Mine that has 0 Interrupt time to cast.  The Time Bomb will expire from the teammate after a while, but you can cast on multiple teammates to arm them with bombs simultaneously.

Bit overcomplicated, eh?

Besides, traps doesn't have time bomb. Detonation could just use a damage buff maybe.

Edit: I said devices, I meant traps. Just woke up. X.x

Edited by ScarySai

Just give Traps Trip Mine the 2.77 sec animation and make it uninterruptible just like Devices. 🙏

1 hour ago, ScarySai said:

Bit overcomplicated, eh?

Besides, traps doesn't have time bomb. Detonation could just use a damage buff maybe.

Edit: I said devices, I meant traps. Just woke up. X.x

Traps on MM's doesn't have Time Bomb... but the other AT's do. :P. Maybe the other AT's should get Detonator as well and it should work on your placed traps upon targeting them AT.... then we can just do away with the redundant Time Bomb. You could blow up your old Poison Trap right before you place a new one XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doomrider said:

Traps on MM's doesn't have Time Bomb... but the other AT's do. :P. Maybe the other AT's should get Detonator as well and it should work on your placed traps upon targeting them AT.... then we can just do away with the redundant Time Bomb. You could blow up your old Poison Trap right before you place a new one XD

I keep forgetting traps exists on other ATs, I never, ever see it. I don't even think I've looked at it.

Good to know. I like the idea, let's go further: Every trap that still exists explodes when you use detonator. 😛