Make Rest automatic while out of combat

3 minutes ago, Some Random User said:

To paraphrase the quoted passage: "Things are good now, so things will always be good and never change."

Bullshit... CoHH could be shut down right now if the CoHH Devs decided they are tired of playing with it.

You do understand what a hobby is... right?

6 minutes ago, Some Random User said:

To keep the game going long term we have to recruit new players.

CoHH is not about profit, in fact it is the opposite, and does not need a large player base to keep going. What it does need to keep going (Unless your willing to take it over.) is for the current CoHH Devs to continue running it, and from what I have seen part of the CoHH Devs fun is improving CoHV, and we do not want the CoHH Devs to get burned out and say "Fuck-it, this aint fun anymore.", just because we the players are trying to task them with things that we the players can take care of ourselves.

We need to get it in our heads that CoHH is not a for sale product, and that the CoHH Devs are not fucking paid employees.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Some Random User said:

You're being belligerent.

Pro tip:  consistently and unswervingly disagreeing with you, is not "being belligerent".

• Like 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I think part of the 'strategy' of the game, and a differential between good players and people who play, is managing your resources.  If I have to back out of a fight, make sure someone else has aggro or just break aggro, throw on rest for a minute because I ran out of inspirations, then I come to the next fight better prepared.  Over time I learn how to play well.  If 'rest' were an 'anytime you aren't in combat' power....how would people learn to manage their resources better and become better players? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaxArcana said:

Pro tip:  consistently and unswervingly disagreeing with you, is not "being belligerent".

I don't know.  That tone was a bit rough, I can see where someone might take it that way.   

Not everyone is immune to getting fbombs thrown around in a response.  

On 9/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, Some Random User said:

Depending on your Powerset combination, I beg to differ.

You can differ all you want but this is a completely subjective viewpoint. Unless you can provide hard numbers to back this up, it's your opinion vs everyone else's opinion. I, for one, don't use Rest enough to warrant the Devs taking their time to change it. I can think of about 200 things that should be addressed first before even considering changing Rest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

I, for one, don't use Rest enough to warrant the Devs taking their time to change it.

That seems to speak more to high out-of-combat regeneration (H.P.) and recovery (End.) rates than anything else. If the opposite were being discussed, removing [Rest] entirely, how does that impact the game right now?

Not just a question for one user, this is an invitation for perspectives on what getting rid of [Rest] entirely would do.

7 hours ago, Some Random User said:

That seems to speak more to high out-of-combat regeneration (H.P.) and recovery (End.) rates than anything else.

Or high Resistance.

Or high Defense.

Or even just high IN-combat regeneration and recovery.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

My rest gets the most use when I avoid death and run away...even step out mission door to break aggro.  Since I am leveling my toons the old fashioned way I use it quite a bit.  I'm not sure why someone would advocate removing from the game rather than just each player who doesnt want it removing it from their tray (which is possible already).  Maybe I just got lost on this thread somewhere.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Some Random User said:

Sounds like [Rest] sees most of the use when someone uses Awaken (or otherwise gets back up) to get ready to return to combat.

My experience is, that [Rest] is most often used after being defeated, and using an inspiration to self-rez, yes.  Not only then, but most often.

(Another common use back on live?  MMs would often have to "take a knee" after doing their whole summon-and-upgrade "dance", because of how END-intensive it was.  The new once-and-done for each upgrade power, what with their being AoE, is absolutely awesome ... and eliminate going END-0 at the door of every mission.

• Like 1

My single biggest use for rest, one that keeps it being used no matter build or level range is as an RP emote. Admittedly its not for everyone, but Ive used it for everything from praying at a tombstone in the graveyards, to stumbling and exhausted after a rough mission, to examining something on the ground.

For its more conventional use, I tend to use it the most Id say for street sweeping at lower lvls. Like roof top hunting in KR. Clear a roof or two, rest, and repeat etc. So Id say it gets a decent few uses during that phase while I lvl the old fashioned way keeping the roofs of my city safe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EmmySky said:

My rest gets the most use when I avoid death and run away...even step out mission door to break aggro.  Since I am leveling my toons the old fashioned way I use it quite a bit.  I'm not sure why someone would advocate removing from the game rather than just each player who doesnt want it removing it from their tray (which is possible already).  Maybe I just got lost on this thread somewhere.

I'm not sure if you've read everything correctly but the OP suggested that Rest be made an automatic setting in some fashion. I haven't seen anyone suggest REMOVING Rest from the game or even from the power tray.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that the OP just asked for increased recovery and regeneration out of combat. Grim Dawn (arpg) uses a similar mechanism, and it did absolutely nothing to curb my enthusiasm for high health regen/recovery while in combat, so doubt it would here, and this from a player who has 3 out of his 4 lvl 50 melee characters with a regen set.

• Thanks 1

On September 21, 2019 at 1:13 AM, Some Random User said:

That seems to speak more to high out-of-combat regeneration (H.P.) and recovery (End.) rates than anything else. If the opposite were being discussed, removing [Rest] entirely, how does that impact the game right now?

Not just a question for one user, this is an invitation for perspectives on what getting rid of [Rest] entirely would do.

My main is a storm defender. It is an end heavy set with no self heal or end/hp regen. I still dont use rest. 

1 hour ago, Communistpenguin said:

My main is a storm defender. It is an end heavy set with no self heal or end/hp regen. I still dont use rest. 

My toggle heavy characters vary in how often they use it, but they all use Rest to some degree or another.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 5/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, srmalloy said:

I think the intention is not to remove Rest as an ability itself, but to have some mechanism whereby, in the absence of hostile mobs, or using a power on another character your character would, after a delay similar to that of Rest, get an increased HP and End recovery rate. I would expect that this would be smaller than what you get from Rest, and have limits on its activation that might be too hard to code (i.e., not if any member of your team is in combat, not if hostile mobs are within a range dependent on your stealth and their perception, not if you use a power on another character or pet, etc.).

This already happens.

5 hours ago, Shoulung said:

I have a number of builds that used rest while leveling. I’m wondering if the people saying they never use it are the ones bankrolling all their new characters with end proc IOs and full sets.

Hi, it's me, the one still leveling with SOs, and not slotting anything until I get 'em.

I've made ... 12 characters here on HC.  I've probably activated Rest less than that many times, total.

At the risk of overusing a cliche, "the game has changed."

57 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

Hi, it's me, the one still leveling with SOs, and not slotting anything until I get 'em.

I've made ... 12 characters here on HC.  I've probably activated Rest less than that many times, total.

At the risk of overusing a cliche, "the game has changed."

Sweet, I’m sitting on 53ish characters atm (severe altititis), and while I never use rest on many builds outside special instances (sappers), there are a few builds where it was used regularly, like my spines/dark brute, elec/storm corr, and human form only PB. I’ve currently got three toons left to hit 50 before I have one of each AT there, and multiple 50s of a couple ATs, so my experience with END in different builds is pretty varied. Some of those endurance issues probably come from how I slot (defense over offense as I hate face planting) and my reluctance to use inspirations outside of anything other games than EB/AV fights, as I consider any builds that have to rely on inspirations as being broken. If you’re sucking down blues all the time because you consider your power sets to be just the cherry topping to your inspiration monster power, then ymmv.

31 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

Sweet, I’m sitting on 53ish characters atm (severe altititis), and while I never use rest on many builds outside special instances (sappers), there are a few builds where it was used regularly, like my spines/dark brute, elec/storm corr, and human form only PB. I’ve currently got three toons left to hit 50 before I have one of each AT there, and multiple 50s of a couple ATs, so my experience with END in different builds is pretty varied. Some of those endurance issues probably come from how I slot (defense over offense as I hate face planting) and my reluctance to use inspirations outside of anything other games than EB/AV fights, as I consider any builds that have to rely on inspirations as being broken. If you’re sucking down blues all the time because you consider your power sets to be just the cherry topping to your inspiration monster power, then ymmv.

My human form only PB is now 24.....what's with all the quants!  She uses rest a lot....unless she is in the cargo ship and flying at the ceiling where ambushes cant reach her...make rest and energy flight compatible lol