Level 50s Con Blue?

TyrantMikey

So I'm a level 50 incarnate. I'm doing radio missions against Council, teaming with my nephew. Difficulty is set to +0/x8.

On two separate missions, I encountered a slew of minions and lieutenants that were level 50 and conned blue to me.

What on earth would cause that? It's not incarnate content, per se, and I don't think level shifting of any kind would apply here. Can anyone explain this?

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

6 minutes ago, siolfir said:

If you have a tier 3 or tier 4 alpha slotted, you will get a level shift that applies to all content where you're level 45 or above.

The incarnate shifts for Lore and Destiny don't apply, but it will.

Really! I did not know this. That explains it, then.

Thank you!

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

Yep, you're level 51 thanks to a T3 or T4 Alpha slot so level 50 minions will con blue.  The other level shifts only apply to Incarnate content such as Trials and the DA Incarnate missions but the Alpha always applies unless you exemplar below level 45.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler