Healing Flames and Recharge

Felix Decat

I've got a Brute who uses Healing Flames. Now the base Recharge is down as 40 seconds. I have it fully slotted and it shows as 21.06 seconds for a Recharge. Yet in actual gameplay it only takes 12 seconds to recharge. What could cause this discrepancy. Does Healing Flames totally ignore outside influences like Luck Of The Gambler (Global Recharge) ?

When you mouseover a power in your enhancement screen, it ONLY shows the effects of the enhancements slotted in that power. It does NOT show any effects from powers, set bonuses, not even the set bonuses slotted into that power. Judging from the numbers you posted, you've got about 95%-ish recharge slotted in the power. Other sources of recharge DO buff it, but they don't show up in the tool tip.

Yes he uses Hasten but as I mentioned, it is an outside influence, does it ignore all outside influences and if so, why. The amount of Math used in this game is massive so why skip something so simple as if-then

Sorry just seen Rodericks reply, but the question remains the same.

Edited by Felix Decat
Another reply

28 minutes ago, Felix Decat said:

I've got a Brute who uses Healing Flames. Now the base Recharge is down as 40 seconds. I have it fully slotted and it shows as 21.06 seconds for a Recharge. Yet in actual gameplay it only takes 12 seconds to recharge. What could cause this discrepancy. Does Healing Flames totally ignore outside influences like Luck Of The Gambler (Global Recharge) ?

Now they're going to NERF Healing Flames.  This was supposed to be a secret.

33 minutes ago, Felix Decat said:

Yes he uses Hasten but as I mentioned, it is an outside influence, does it ignore all outside influences and if so, why.

What are you talking about!?  @Roderick JUST stated what you see in the tooltips is ONLY the slotted values.  It doesn't take into account ANY outside buffs when displaying enhancement modified values.  Not buffs like Hasten or Speed Boost, not IO effects like Luck of the Gambler, Force Feedback or set bonuses...but that's only the DISPLAY, not the actual accumulated value that takes affect when you use the power.

That goes for accumulated accuracy buffs and bonuses, damage, endurance reduction, etc.  Again, the displayed tooltips is only the effect of the ENHANCEMENT values.  If you wanted to know the accumulated effects of all buffs and bonuses on a power, I'm sure you've got MIDs and you already created the build so you can see those values there.

If you're asking why the mouse-over tooltips doesn't take into account all buffs, then maybe you've got a question.  But your OP and the quoted have already been answered.  I don't know how else to explain it further.

Edited by Leogunner

The tooltips only look at what's slotted in the power. Everything else, whether it's a buff from a teammate, a self buff like Quickness or Hasten, or a set bonus, is a temporary buff (even if it looks like it should always be active). Therefore, they're not included in the calculation.

If you want to know the actual recharge time, including all buffs, turn on Options -> Windows -> Beta Features -> Power Recharge Indicators.

12 minutes ago, Felix Decat said:

Yes my first question was answered, then I asked a new one, WHY?

I haven't looked at the source code, but it was most likely an optimization and a means of decoupling the UI/tooltips from the update cycle in the game that updates the status of the powers/characters/etc.

Since you're showing the enhancement percentages you already have them in memory so it doesn't have to get any extra information to calculate the slotted values. It's not much of an optimization, but the game was developed over 15 years ago... computers have gotten a bit more capable since then, and now we have the actual countdown in the power tray if you enable it, so I think it's a fairly low priority fix.