Elec/SJ looking for some advice.

GhtRayleigh

Hello fellow tankers,

Back in the day when I played CoH, I never really quite got the grasp for IO sets and which ones I should use. Now that it's back and playing my one true loves again, Tanks, I'd love some advice on how to build my tank eventually using IO sets. He isn't near 50 yet, but just planning for the future. He is an Electric/Street Justice tank and I'm curious on how people will build it. I'm open to any ideas or any builds that anyone might have.

Thanks. ^_^

"Inherited Will, The Destiny of the Age, and The Dreams of the People. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease to be!" -Gol D. Roger

My current plan with my Elec/Rad Tanker is to go with Unbreakable Guard x 4 in Charged Armor, Static Shield, Conductive Shield, and Grounded, with an eye toward soft-capping Melee Defense (and "pretty good" AoE and Ranged Defense). This of course is on top of capped Resistance to Smashing/Lethal/Energy (and "pretty good" Resistance to everything else besides Toxic). However, I'm probably going to wait until this character is able to slot level 50 enhs before I make the push for Unbreakable Guards.

(My plan with my other powers probably doesn't have as much relevance to you since I have a different secondary powerset.)

Best advice as to which IO sets to use right now: figure out which of the AT-specific Enhancements that you prefer (Might of the Tanker or Gauntleted Fist), and go ahead and get them with Reward Merits (from the Merit Vendor) and slot them as soon as you are able. These enhs scale with your level, and are also likely BIS for many builds. You'll want to plan your build ahead of time to save on respecs or Enh Unslotters down the road, but definitely make getting the AT-specific Enhancements a priority (assuming they are part of your build, which they probably should be haha).