Report Typos Here!

Widower

Ongoing clue during the Slot Machine's "One Last Gamble": "This mission from the Slot Machine seemed a little off from the start. You went to go steal some new weapons being developed by the Council, based on the Slot Machine's tips. But all you found there were useless prototypes of questionable weapons, and a washed-up old villain called 'High Roller' who'd tried to sell them to the Council. His inventing days were long over, and the annoyed council were going to use him as a test subject. You interrupted their plans, and in the process of covering your tracks, got him out of there. Another funny mission from the Slot Machine sent you hunting for a fabulous jewel discovered by the devouring Earth. Once again, it's information was wrong, and all you found was shiny rocks and High-Roller, who was there on some hare-brained scheme to capture Devoured to sell to an Arachnos scientist in exchange for a line on new powers. You got High-Roller out of trouble once more, but there wasn't much profit in it. Perhaps a listening to an enigmatic slot machine isn't the best idea." Comma before "But all you found". No comma before "and a washed-up". "the annoyed council" wants a capital C. "the devouring Earth" wants a capital D. "Once again, it's information was wrong" - apostrophe. "Perhaps a listening to ..." - "a" is spurious.

Ghost Widow, "Set a trap for Numina", ends with the completion message "You have the spell components." This makes no sense at this time and seems to have been erroneously cut and pasted from the previous mission.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Blaster Secondary > Temporal Manipulation during character creation:
Set Description - Set Name is wrong = "... . Time Manipulation allows..."
Set Description = "... inflict crippling debuffs, and cause mental damage and exhausting... " > 'and' should not follow the ',' >> "... influct crippling debuffs, cause mental damage and exhausting ... "
Power Aging Touch = "will suffer from a more psionic damage ..."  >>  "... will suffer from more psionic damage ..."
Power Chronos = "... or Lord of Time ..." - there is no Lord of Time power >> "... or Time Lord ..."
Power Temporal Healing = "... placing your bodies in ..." - as a self-affecting power can only affect 1 body >> "... placing your body in ..."

The 5 P2W prestige enhancements say (eg) "will have a minor chance to inflict minor Psionic damage, however this effect..." This should be "damage; however, this effect".

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Later in Ghost Widow's patron arc, Scirocco tells me "Drawing Numina in, and even holding her in place are but a start." This either wants a comma after "place", or no commas at all.

Praetor Duncan, "Uncover Information from the Circle of Thorns" - when you talk to Diabolique, she mentions "something you could've never dared to see in First ward". "First Ward".

Talons of Vengeance mob description: "Having long ago sworn fealty to the Talons of Vengeance, the Elementalist has been twisted into a half-human, half-serpent monstrosities." "the Elementalists have been twisted into half-human, half-serpent monstrosities".

Mercedes Sheldon, "Recover the Crown of Glory": "You get the feeling that you're arrival was not only expected, but counted on." Apostrophe.

LRSF, introduction: "You have clawed your way to the top, performing all manner of vile act to prove yourself stronger and more capable than the rest of my Destined Ones." "acts", plural. First mission entry popup refers to the security codes for the "Vindicator's base"; apostrophe. A clue in the mission ("Vindicator's Base Security Codes") makes the same error three times. So does the debrief and the ongoing clue for the arc.

(Also, perhaps beyond typos, but this first mission is a bit of a non-sequitur; Recluse complains about the Phalanx, but doesn't actually explain how this mission relates to defeating them. It's also curious that there's a Longbow agent near a parked helicopter who's just scenery, we just wave to each other as I go by to murder his bosses.)

Second mission brief: "Once you have acquired the Orestes Rifle you will need to hurry - once it is removed from it special Malta power feed, it will lose power quickly." "its special Malta power feed".

For the final mission, Lord Recluse says "He will show up with some Longbow agents to cordon off the area so citizens would not get hurt.", having slightly missed the memo about Statesman being dead.

Maria Jenkins, "Stop Diabolique before she enslaves the spirits of the graveyard", debrief: "Diabolique's essence has been supressed, but for how long? You were incredibly brave Character, you went to the Magisterium itself and survived!". "Suppressed", comma after "brave". (Also, uh, I started life in the Magisterium, y'know.)

ITF, mission 1 debrief: "They seem to thrive from large black shadow crystals hidden within those tunnels." I don't think one can "thrive from" something. "Thrive on"? But they don't eat them. (Do they?)

End of mission 3, in-mission message: "You've defeated Romulus Augustus and stopped their attack on Paragon City and the Rogue Isles." I'm all for singular "they" when appropriate, but Romulus's gender is pretty clear, so I suggest "his".

Sister Solaris, first mission briefing: "We were going to send the captain of the guard, Marcus Valerius with a squad of our strongest soldiers, however the spirit warned that only those of god-like stature should try to visit this 'island of death'." Comma after "Valerius". Semicolon after "soldiers". Comma after "however". The mission can't quite decide if it's the "Island of Death" (proper name) or just "the island of death". The clue got when getting the idol says "Images flash in your mind, that of your past" - perhaps "images of your past". "You see yourself falling into the maws of Mot, followed by an image of the planet earth being devoured" - "Earth" is a proper noun, and "maws" might be a typo (Mot may have maws plural, but we've only seen one maw eating each victim so far).

(Peeking ahead a long way, the souvenir from Sister Solaris misspells "successful" as "succesful" twice.

Edited by thunderforce
hey, I can edit my posts again!

In Brickstown, Gordon Stacy's 'ask about this contact' information has two spelling issues.

- In the second sentence, 'Crey's Folley' should be 'Crey's Folly'.
- In the third sentence, 'suspiscious' should be 'suspicious'.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/250812522062544896/710013077428371556/unknown.png

Marcus Valerius's personal story, in-mission caption: "I have lost count of the days we spent over seas..." "over seas" should be "at sea" - "overseas" is where he is now.

Trilogy (Night Ward): Mission briefings all start with a sentence of the form "(The first book of Trilogy opens to a random page) Character found himself / herself at the entrance of the warehouse on the outskirts of town". Full stop after "random page)", and I suggest a paragraph break too.

Edited by thunderforce

On 12/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, GM Widower said:

Feel free to post all the typos you find in game here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. No, this is not serious enough to get you Bug Hunter.

Stop villains’ leaders, their men. 6 pieces of evidence to gather. Contact is Christine Lansdale.

should be ‘your voice’, not ‘you’re’.

560172BE-780F-48ED-BD0C-BBF29D4F536F.jpeg

Trilogy (Night Ward), final mission (in their nominal order) debrief: "He / She knew that Epoch was smiling down upon them from wherever he was though, and that was a comforting thought." - comma before "though".

Second book, chapter 2, briefing: "What happened here? Where did the people go." Question mark.

Doc Buzzsaw, Die by the Freak, first mission intro:

'Unfortunately, often the desperate men who hire my services cannot afford to pay when the bill comes do.' should be 'Unfortunately, often the desperate men who hire my services cannot afford to pay when the bill comes due.'

Doc Buzzsaw, clue when you've acquired all the items, A full collection sack:

'Though the heart has no power, it's motors hum and it's valves contract.'

Should be 'Though the heart has no power, its motors hum and its valves contract.'

And another extra apostrophe in Doc's end of mission dialogue:

'Yet it still works, even after it's power supply has long gone dead.'

And...in the intro text for the next mish:

'I strongly suspect that this 'Big Rocky' may contain a massive fragment of red coral in order to hold such a great sway over others of it's kind.'

Funny thing is that these errors are fixed in Paragonwiki…  Autocorrect to the rescue, I guess!

Edited by Cinnder
Found more

Help Doc Buzzsaw get what she needs to start building Tank Freaks, clue from glowie:

'All of these stolen medicines should be just what Doc Buzzsaw needs for his work.'

Doc is female.

Also on this mission when you click the glowies, it says you are looking through files even though they are clearly boxes of parts.

Edited by Cinnder

Kidnap Fiona from the University, Fiona's dialogue when rescued/kidnapped:

'First he leaves mom and I, and now what?'

should be

'First he leaves mom and me, and now what?'

(Leaves me, not leaves I)

Trilogy (Night Ward), "The Final Book: Chapter 7", the compass clue says "Determine the robot's Plan". "robots' plan" (ie, bogus apostrophe, bogus capital letter).

The clue at the end says "Either the book was well read of the robots were not very careful" - should be "or the robots".

Book the First: Chapter 22: "They knew that the leader of the robots was overseeing the last part-of this operation personally and they could strike a great blow if they could take him out." Bogus hyphen. "Their investigation had told them there were four computers that needed to be shut down in order to prevent catastrophy from befalling the valley. Using equal parts force and stealth, Epoch and Character make their way into the labs where the controls lie." - sudden switch to present tense.

Edited by thunderforce

Trilogy (Night Ward), book 3, Chapter 16, briefing: "'If this is right, the warehouse in town should have the information you need to see,' Mercenary muttered. Something you need to see. Let's go before the robots destroy the evidence you need.'" Missing speech mark before "Something".

The clue reads "Character uncovered family photos of Epoch as a child growing up. There seemed to be another person in the photos, a sibiling from the looks of it. Mercenary looked Character straight in the eyes and told him / her what he read in Epoch's journal." "Sibling".

Edited by thunderforce

1 hour ago, Taffer said:

The exit marker for Terra Volta is labelled wrong for Rogues:

image.png.1473b4a8399e57100ef4743632bf31d2.png

Same in Founder's Falls; this might be endemic to Rogues wandering Paragon City:

image.png.ecef593330d2370065c65fa3a25c8fac.png

And Eden:

image.png.0a7fab41c4573509c9c4f50323d63693.png

Edited by Taffer

Ashley McKnight, Midnight's Hand Part One, intro text:

'For your own safety, do not look upon or open the amulets in any way. I myself have never seen them, but legend speaks of men being turned to stone simply by looking upon it.'

As there are four amulets, it should be:

'For your own safety, do not look upon or open the amulets in any way. I myself have never seen them, but legend speaks of men being turned to stone simply by looking upon them. '