Report Typos Here!

Widower

1095938331_DuncalSilver.png.51d6586823c4eee5155838bb9a01e283.png

In "Rescue Coldwell heirs", you have to rescue Debbie Coldwell and Duncan Silver. Debbie is closer to the exit, so I found her first, and led her out. When it's Duncan's turn, the quest log is calling the wrong person.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 11:49 PM, Green Dwarf said:

In the "Defeat all villains in warehouse" mission given by Long Jack in Striga, I encountered a boss named Archon Archon Assunta. His name should just be Archon Assunta.

Was given a similar mission, but it was given by Wes Schnabel and titled "Defeat Archon Archon Assunta and his crew" in Kings Row.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

It seems to be a stock problem with Council missions where the game automatically prefixes 'Archon' to the name of the mission boss, but also generates the name of the boss as 'Archon [name]' or 'Adjutant [name]', so you get bosses named 'Archon Archon Leery' or 'Archon Adjutant Walker'.

Random street NPC dialog grammar failure: "[NPC] Mel: Toksichiy Podlesok saved the city from a some secret society within the Council!"

This refers to the character's completion of, I believe, the Path of the Dark story arc, but either "a" or "some" needs to come out of that line.

Edited by srmalloy

6 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

I just came across this in game and I thought I should report it. There is a minor spelling error in one of the Skull dialogues in Kings Row:

"That sweet sterio is as good as mine."

Not all of the low-level thugs are fully literate...

• Haha 2

Is this a good place to request game-wide cleanup of the "Portal Corp" vs. "Hero Corps" thing? Because I'd like that! ("Corp" is short for "corporation"; "corps" is a military, semi-military, or mutually aligned group of people.) Because while I don't have a screenshot I'm pretty sure both "Portal Corps" and "Hero Corp" appear mistakenly in the game.

Thanks!

Edited by Force Beacon

12 minutes ago, Force Beacon said:

Is this a good place to request game-wide cleanup of the "Portal Corp" vs. "Hero Corps" thing? Because I'd like that! ("Corp" is short for "corporation"; "corps" is a military, semi-military, or mutually aligned group of people.) Because while I don't have a screenshot I'm pretty sure both "Portal Corps" and "Hero Corp" appear mistakenly in the game.

You are correct; of 429 appearances of the string "Portal Corp", 25 say "Portal Corps"; of 99 appearances of "Hero Corp", 11 are not a substring of "Hero Corps". (In the original leak. HC may have added or removed some).

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

A couple of issues with the Breakout tutorial mission for villains:

1) Once you talk to Morben, the destination changes back to your previous contact rather than Sabuki Tamurai (sp?).

2) Occasionally, when entering the mission from the Arachnos Pilot, your powers vanish from your tray.

The clue after the penultimate mission in Moonfire says "One of the Galaxy archons gasped, 'I'll tell you what you want to know. Arakhn is a cruel mistress, anyway. She is concerned not with the needs of her soldiers, but only the survival of her precious Nictus!'". "Galaxy Archons" is how it is normally capitalised.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Operative Grillo, Kidnap scientists from Council, briefing:

'The Council does not share our vision - the secrets these scientists have is rightfully ours.'

should be

'The Council does not share our vision - the secrets these scientists have are rightfully ours.'

Not sure if cutscene dialogue can be fixed, but...

Who Will Die Chapter 5, when Statesman confronts Darrin Wade, he says:

'There's no where left to run, Wade!'

when it should be

'There's nowhere left to run, Wade!'

Mender Ramiel arc, speaking to Lord Recluse about Incarnate power, when the Well speaks through Recluse:

'He craves power, but seeks to gain it in every other method save for ones connected to myself.'

should be

'He craves power, but seeks to gain it through every other method save for ones connected to me' or maybe 'He craves power, but seeks to gain it via every other method save for ones connected to me'.

Also:

'He tracked down an item that is connected to myself, an Incarnate artifact, if you will.'

should be

'He tracked down an item that is connected to me; an Incarnate artifact, if you will.'

Mu'Vorkan, Raid the Tsoo Safehouse, clue after defeating ravager:

'You defeat a monstrous Ravager of Mot in the Tsoo Safehouse and saw several images flash in your mind. You see a man in a suit...'

should be

'You defeat a monstrous Ravager of Mot in the Tsoo Safehouse and see several images flash in your mind. You see a man in a suit...'

Present tense is used throughout except in this one overlooked case.

'You then see where the entrance to these tunnels are in Dark Astoria.'

should be

'You then see where the entrance to these tunnels is in Dark Astoria.'

It's just the one entrance.

Edited by Cinnder
found one I missed

If you’re fixing grammar issues, I’d be inappropriately happy if someone could replace all instances of “alright” with “all right.”  I don’t have a list of all the places “alright” Is used, but it shows up a lot.  One place I do know it appears, just because I’ve done the mission so often, is in the Heather Townshend arc.  In the first mission, there’s something like, “Alright, I’ll take from here,” as a response in the opening exchange in the cave.  Then there’s “Alright, I’ll check out the Tsoo,” in a later mission.  There are many more throughout the game. 🙂