Report Typos Here!

Widower

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Just to be excessively pedantic, the phrase should be either 'gaseous neurotoxin' or 'neurotoxic gases', so you're not stacking two nouns.

That's not uncommon in noun phrases.  Such as "atom bomb" or "baseball bat".  However, to continue the pedantry... "Neurotoxin" probably shouldn't be capitalized.  🙂  

On 6/19/2020 at 1:22 AM, Takehai said:

There seems to be a typo in the Dominator Archetype sets. I show Dominating Grasp here, but it is consistent across all of the enhancements that increase control duration in both sets: the Hold Duration increase is printed twice, and no Stun/Disorient increase is listed at all:

image.png.d2466d35b18a10ed1847cdf08209e89b.png

I came to report this, and it should be noted that in addition to appearing consistently throughout all four Dominator archetype origin enhancements, it also appears consistently throughout all four Controller archetype origin enhancements. I believe those are the only two sets that enhance control duration.

I found a few others (and a cursory search did not turn them up previously in the thread, but I admit I did not scour the thread exhaustively).

In the Malice of the Corruptor: Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage proc, it states: "Gives the slotted power a 20% to", and I think it should either read "a chance to" or "a 20% chance to". I suspect it is the former as I have not noticed other archetype origin procs list the percent chance.

ao_typo_1.jpg.c1b7a3ae3fa9cd13f04e5e21b7719286.jpg

In the Superior Defender's Bastion: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal proc, it states (for a level 50 character) that it reduces recharge time by 18.5%. I've noticed that for a level 50 character, typically superior archetype origin procs that reduce recharge time reduce it by 23.2%, whereas the standard version reduces it by 18.5% (which is the case with the standard Defender's Bastion: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal). 

EDIT: After testing on Beta, this enhancement does grant 18.5% recharge reduction, so this might be more than a simple typo. I believe the enhancement is using the incorrect percentage (it should be 23.2% at level 50). For instance, the Superior Vigilant Assault proc (from the other Defender set) grants 23.2% recharge. I can supply screenshots if needed.

ao_typo_2.jpg.1ca554004ed0f447b13a7ad0bd00f5e7.jpg

Finally, the proc per minute of Superior Ascendency of the Dominator: Recharge/Chance for +Damage proc is listed as 3 PPM, which is the same PPM as the standard version of that proc. Typically the superior archetype origin procs have a higher PPM than the standard sets.

EDIT: After testing on Beta, the standard Ascendency of the Dominator: Recharge/Chance for +Damage enhancement proc'd 59 times in 14.67 minutes of testing (approximately 4 PPM), while the superior version proc'd 90 times in 15.2 minutes of testing (approximately 6 PPM). Testing was done by a level 50 Dominator (without incarnates) on a test dummy in the Vanguard base in RWZ, using the Chilblain power slotted solely with this enhancement. All other powers were stripped of enhancements, so this enhancement was the only one slotted in the entire build, and I used no other powers (like Hasten) during testing. I set Chilblain on auto-fire and let the test run.

ao_typo_3.jpg.3cb789cd7296c05b5cb5dc807edd0bdc.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
update testing info

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:17 PM, csr said:

That's not uncommon in noun phrases.  Such as "atom bomb" or "baseball bat".  However, to continue the pedantry... "Neurotoxin" probably shouldn't be capitalized.  🙂  

Aye, there's even a name for that usage when a noun modifies an adjacent noun -- an appositive.  E.g. kitchen table.

The Library of Souls -- Talk to Azuria about crystals:

Azuria says, 'The brightly glowing crystal contains over a dozen such souls, from an ancient Roman centurian to a Dawn Patrol hero who dissapeared in the late 30's.'

Should be: 'The brightly glowing crystal contains over a dozen such souls, from an ancient Roman centurion to a Dawn Patrol hero who disappeared in the late 30's'

Edited by Cinnder
found one I missed

Brickstown - West Park sign:

Brickstown's economy was hit hard when Galaxy City came under attack, and a crime wave like none other arose in its aftermath. It was during this dark time that many of the city's empty plots and construction yards became cesspools of illicit activity. It wasn't until Brickstown's own Justin Sinclair made it his civic mission to turn these dilapidated lots into verdant recreational parks for all citizens to enjoy. West Park is the landmark first of many parks that has buried the garbage of old Brickstown, and along with it, its crime.

The bold sentence is incomplete.  It wasn't till Justin made it his mission that...what??  Maybe something like '...that areas like this received a long-awaited and much-needed facelift.'?

Edited by Cinnder

Savage Strike for Scrapper Savage Melee mentions bruising in the power description, which was not only removed but wasn't a mechanic for Scrappers to begin with.  The power doesn't have any sort of -Res effect.  Screenshot taken from the level up UI, since I don't actually have the power on my Savage Scrapper.

726777306_SavageBruising.thumb.PNG.fd3f244c0354aa62ad2f7c6e9d2b83bd.PNG

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Crow (Underground Neutropolis), approaching him as a level 38 Rogue:

"Your mind has things other than vengeance other."

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

The information text for the Elite Ranger day job benefit says it increases range slightly; under the Detailed Info tab it says "+10%% to range on self". If you right-click the day job icon below your health bar, it says "Range Bonus +110%" -- there is an extra '1', making it look as if it more than doubles your range (a better benefit than Boost Range gives).

On the Shining Stars mission with the Galaxy City meteorites:

image.png.6ab672a84e9c7a29238539e37326dff0.png

*hoorb*!

Also, to be pedantic, throughout that mission tree, they're referred to as "meteors", when they should be called "meteorites".  Meteorites are meteors that actually touch down instead of burning up completely on entering the atmosphere or exploding in mid-air (like the one did in Tunguska, Siberia).

Edited by PhantomBelcher

Dominators' Savage Assault power Blood Craze has an error in the description. There seems to be an extra word: "over a short time seconds" should probably be "over a short time."

Blood Craze.jpg

Edited by Pengy

New Praetorians Arc, Call Provost Marchand:

He says about Gaussian that 'He's undergoing a full investigation into the matter to see who had contact with moving resources in and out of the island.'

Should be 'He's undertaking a full investigation into the matter to see who had contact with moving resources in and out of the island.'

PPD Shell dialog: "The PPD relys relies on citizens like you to strengthen our community."

"Epidurall" in the mission title of the first mission of Posi 1 is spelled wrong, it should have one L.

In Fire Wire's intro: "This thing is gonna be big, $name. We're talkin' lots of money big."
Missing comma after big.

Indigo, Defeat Dr. Voight & his visitors, clue from defending a box:

'A quick glance at the papers tells you they could be extremely damaging to Crey in the numerous court battle they are fighting.'

Should be:

'A quick glance at the papers tells you they could be extremely damaging to Crey in the numerous court battles they are fighting.'

Edited by Cinnder

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:33 AM, Blackfeather said:

From Crimson in Indigo's story arc, "Missing Melvin and the Mysterious Malta Group", of which the full dialogue can be seen here. As per the attached file, the "they're" should be capitalised.

Screenshot_20200307_193049.png

Also, that should be a semicolon rather than a comma after 'held in the city' -- two complete independent clauses there.