Report Typos Here!

Widower

The Tsoo Shenanigans arc from Kong Bao (Blue side, 20-24?)

Response to a fedex mission has an error in it - "an berserk killing machine" should be "a berserk killing machine."

Rage.jpg

Correction - level 15-19.

Edited by Pengy
corrected mission arc level

Random NPC dialog while flying over the bridge in Independence Port:

[NPC] Button Man Muscle: Council is bad enough wifout you Facist pigs.

Should be "Fascist". The rest of the subliteracy (no leading 'the' for 'the Council' and 'wifout') I ascribe to characterization.

Edited by srmalloy

Another thread pointed out that the CC has the "old" number of ATs listed in the beginning screens.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Indigo, RSVP for an ambush, briefing:

'However, I know that it's a trap, and I must assume that know I know it's a trap.'

should be

'However, I know that it's a trap, and I must assume that they know I know it's a trap.'

I'm going to assume when she goes on to say, 'However, there are a whole lot of dangerous people waiting to hurt you very badly' that Indigo doesn't understand that prepositional phrases do not modify the verb and that it's intentional characterisation. 

Edited by Cinnder

Levantera, Welcome to Vanguard, after-mish clue:

'Your first mission for the Vanguard was to familiarized yourself with the Vanguard base'

should be

'Your first mission for the Vanguard was to familiarize yourself with the Vanguard base'

Final mish of, Nictus Dissection 6.53

Mission: Defeat Romulus the Warshade

Romulus's info Window says: "Romulus is Warshade working with Longbow in the Rogue Isles...."

The first sentence is missing an "a". it should read, "Romulus is a Warshade working with Longbow in the Rogue Isles...."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

First mission acceptance text from Power contact Dr. Hetzfeld, Neutropolis, circa level 15:

"An unfortunate truth proven by my former partner whom never returned from her expedition below, despite the use of an advanced containment suit."

It should say "... who never returned..."

Hetzfeld.jpg

Madeleine Casey, Get Nathan Crane's files from the Carnival of Shadows, clue from filing cabinet:

'These bulky files comprise the whole of the late Nathan Crane's research into the Carnival of Shadows.'

should be

'These bulky files compose the whole of the late Nathan Crane's research into the Carnival of Shadows.'

Parts compose the whole.  The whole comprises the parts.

I tried to take a screenshot, but the capture did not include the actual window, and now I can't get on to try again. While testing EM on the Beta Server this AM, I saw a typo in the "Property Damage" meter of the Paladin event in King's Row. It could be fixed on the live server.

It currently says "Property Damange."

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

On 10/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, Cinnder said:

Madeleine Casey, Get Nathan Crane's files from the Carnival of Shadows, clue from filing cabinet:

'These bulky files comprise the whole of the late Nathan Crane's research into the Carnival of Shadows.'

should be

'These bulky files compose the whole of the late Nathan Crane's research into the Carnival of Shadows.'

Parts compose the whole.  The whole comprises the parts.

Usage shift over time; comprise is an acceptable use here. But another term like 'constitute' or 'make up' might be better, to avoid the disagreements over the usage.

• Like 1

Maybe in the wrong forum - this is about the blaster secondary on Beta

This isn't really a Typo issue, but I consider it to be a wording issue.

I think this wording that came from the Controller set where Delay/Accel may be an inherent power.

Part of the Temporal healing description says "  If you are affected by the Accelerated effect, you absorb even more damage from this power."

From what I can tell. "Accelerated effect" refers to Chronos which says " While this is in effect, the target has any healing and healing over time effects from Temporal Healing or Lord of Time significantly increased. Recharge: Long"

So I think the description for Temporal Healing would make more sense if it read " If you are affected by Chronos, you absorb even more damage from this power."

But maybe there is some other power that has this "Accelerated effect" as well.

Similarly; End of Time says " Targets affected by the Delayed effect will suffer bonus damage." and Time Stop says "  Targets affected by the Delayed effect will suffer from a more powerful hold, however its benefits are brief." 

Time Wall states " Time Wall applies the Delayed effect on its target."

So I think the first 2 powers mentioned would read better as - 

End of Time - " Targets affected by Time Wall will suffer bonus damage."

Time Stop - "Targets affected by Time Wall will suffer from a more powerful hold, however its benefits are brief." 

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Nemesis Staff (Origin Bonus) from P2W vendor.  Description reads "The Nemesis is particularly effective when wielded by Technology, Science or Natural origin individuals."  I assume it's supposed to be "The Nemesis Staff is particularly effective..."

1414017156_NemesisStaffomission.PNG.074886658c854ef05acfacdb046699f6.PNG

The description for Crushers from the Destroyers group in Praetoria mentions they are high on "Fixodine" when every other source I can find calls it "Fixadine" including the old wiki which spells it "Fixadine" for all of the given descriptions of the Destroyers.  Did these guys get the knockoff version?  Their Hombre brothers appear to be on the same off-brand as well.  Shredders too.

1253525677_CrusherFixodine.PNG.6db1f88d4eaa032123c842ef955b9a7c.PNG 670239825_HombreFixodine.PNG.084c7616cc0f7898089dbc2ea6f5256e.PNG 1977393487_ShredderFixodine.PNG.7c0c58ceeba159aca3800d83deaf31da.PNG

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

8 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

"The Nemesis is particularly effective when wielded by Technology, Science or Natural origin individuals."

Now I've got the image stuck in my head of a Titan Weapons character swinging a Fake Nemesis, gripping it's feet and thighs, the Fake's arms flailing madly as it's getting whipped around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NPC dialogue in Imperial City:

[NPC] Hugh: string

Maybe he just likes string?

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.