Report Typos Here!

Widower

We've learned that a Villain from the Rogue Isles has come to Paragon City, intent on causing destruction in Atlas Park, in order to rob the bank there. And this villain has enlisted an army of Vahzilok to do it. We need heroes togo to Atlas Park and protect the bank from that villains! The robbers are already at the bank, you should make your way there immediately. You probably have about 5 minutes or less before they make their escape.

A Twofer this time:

1. "togo" needs a space between "to" and "go."

2. "villains" either needs to be changed to "those villains" or "that villain"

• Retired Developer

Just you wait until you meet the Woke Eidola.

• Like 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Collateral Damage (Laura Lockhart)

While playing as one of my FEMALE alts, Laura Lockhart addresses me as "Sir" instead of "Ma'am", I think Laura's dialogue might need to be updated with the good old $Sirmam (which should automatically default to ma'am if you're a female) switch.

Edited by Panthonca7034
fixing a typo in the typo thread XD

Number Six, third mission: "If you can recover the sonic fence equipment, the Vanguard truck outside of the warehouse will bring it back and assemble it all to get Last Bastion."

To get Last Bastion what? (Typo for "protect"?)

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

In Kings Row, Entering the Royal Refinery neighborhood: 

[08:05] [NPC] Gravedigger Slicer: That sweet sterio is as good as mine.

Granted, I don't expect proper spelling from a Gravedigger Slicer, but since he's saying it, and not spelling it...

Not grammar; just a suggestion...

Mu'Vorkan's Personal Story, briefing:

'It wasn't fair that he, someone who had powerful Mu blood running through his veins, was cast to be another nameless face in an army.'

But he's not nameless...  His name is Mu'Vorkan.  He is faceless, though, like most Mu.  I think this should be:

'It wasn't fair that he, someone who had powerful Mu blood running through his veins, was cast to be another faceless name in an army.'

Especially given that just a few lines later it says, 'If Scirocco was gone, perhaps he could become a new patron and earn the honor of showing his face.'

Edited by Cinnder
  • Like 1

Mu'Vorkan's Personal Story, Lord Recluse:

'Go on, Mu, but do not tempt my patience.'

should be either

'Go on, Mu, but do not test my patience.'

or maybe

'Go on, Mu, but do not tempt my wrath.'

The writer seems to have conflated two sayings here.

Praetoria Responsibility:

Praetor Tilman: "This 'Arachnos' she's apart of wishes to work together with our most hated enemies, all to destroy our beloved Praetoria". Missing space in "a part".

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:01 AM, Panthonca7034 said:

Collateral Damage (Laura Lockhart)

While playing as one of my FEMALE alts, Laura Lockhart addresses me as "Sir" instead of "Ma'am", I think Laura's dialogue might need to be updated with the good old $Sirmam (which should automatically default to ma'am if you're a female) switch.

Yeah, "Sir" is generally acceptable in that situation, regardless of gender.

Also:

First ward, Master Midnight

Revenge: Served Chilled

Finale: My Enemy's Enemy

"I shall set to work at once studying it's pages" = Its, not it's. (He shouldn't be saying "studying it is pages.")

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

(2020-11-27: A fix for these badge descriptions is now on Beta.)
Issue 27:
With the update to Day Trader & Marketeer, I don't think the badge descriptions were updated. Oops.
image.png.2ca480125b1192c58b939edfddf03fcb.png
image.png.e21531a781cc66dce98789dde79eb571.png

Edited by Molubdos
Fix for this typo is now on beta.
  • Like 1

"Twinshot hands move to her pistols faster than your eye can follow, finishing with a flourishing twirl. Bad news, kiddo. Looks like Arachnos decided to come back for Round Two. From his message, it sound like it's not just a scouting team, either. What in the heck are they doing all the way over here... and why? We can figure that out later. For now we're passing on the patrolling. Instead, you're going in through the front while I'm taking out any perimeter defenses they've set up. I'll meet you inside."

Should be "Twinshot's hands" 

Brother Hammond's Arc, Description of Martin Henri:

'This man moves and talks differently than most of the Luddites'

should be

'This man moves and talks differently from most of the Luddites'

There are other problems with this sentence, but that's the easiest one to fix.

Praetoria, Tami Baker's story arc, Destroying the Destroyers:

• Part One: Skeletons.  The clue that you get from the computer, Praetor White and the Destroyers. Fourth paragraph, first sentence reads, "We have strong reason to believe that many of older Destroyers were actually part of Praetor White's former gang." Should read, "We have strong reason to believe that many of the older Destroyers were actually part of Praetor White's former gang."
  • Part Four: Meet with Praetor Duncan:
    • Text after you say, "Cole is still keeping you around, after all that?", middle of second paragraph, "... that he was the one who was this whole mess with the Destroyers." Should be "... that he was the one who was behind this whole mess with the Destroyers."
    • Third paragraph: "Of course, I didn't get off so easily, little Marcus told me I couldn't play with my Destroyers anymore, so there goes that whole bit of fun." Should be two sentences: "Of course, I didn't get off so easily. Little Marcus told me I couldn't play with my Destroyers anymore, so there goes that whole bit of fun."  
    • Praetor Duncan's reply, after your dialog choice, "Maybe I am. But today I won, and you lost." Either the last line should be moved up to the end of the second paragraph, or the last sentence of the second paragraph should be moved to the start of the third, and they should be separated with a colon instead of a period. So "But you should know this, Character. <paragraph> When I get the chance ..." should be "But you should know this, Character: when I get the chance ..."

Praetoria: Chimera/Praetor Sinclair, initial contact text. "I'm well aware of what your motives might be; power, fame, glory, all or perhaps just one." Change the semi-colon to a colon, and should probably make the last part a separate sentence. So, "I'm well aware of what your motives might be: power, fame, glory. All or perhaps just one."

Also, his last line, "I am putting my trust towards you, the trust of a Praetor." Technically correct, but weird wording. Should probably be, "I am putting my trust in you, the trust of a Praetor."