Report Typos Here!

Widower

Palatine, First Ward: "Even after the Hetman antagonzied them so?" I think the Klingons had an antagonziser booth?

Later, message in chat channel: "You were even offered the choice of interviewing the captured recon soldiers without intereference"; "interference".

Edited by thunderforce

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

For the Fort Knox badge progress,

reads:

Mangle 200 Goldbricker bosses to earn this badge.

should read:

Mangle 200 Gold Brickers to earn this badge.

(Badge is awarded for all Gold Bricker defeats - originally was only for minions I thought, and Gold Bricker is two words, not one)

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Psimon Omega, Steal geological records, briefing:

'These crystals you discovered in the Pit on Sharkhead Isle are amazing.'

should be

'These crystals you discovered at the Forge on Sharkhead Isle are amazing.'

The previous mish was on the Forge map, not in the Pit.

Looking at Scirocco's bio, I noticed something:

Imad Malak was not always an evil man. Evil came to him from without. He was traveling in the deep desert near the Baka Valley deep in the Middle East. There he discovered an ancient tomb and stumbled inside. The tomb was that of a long-dead desert hero, and contained several objects of power including the bottle of the djinn Serafina. Also within was the hero's scimitar that granted the wielder incredible powers. Malak took the sword and donned the mantle of Scirocco. Unfortunately he fell under a curse and was driven to commit acts of great evil. He sold the other objects off to the highest bidder, the bottle ending up with the Circle of Thorns. Once a hero of the people, he is now a dark stain on their proud heritage. Imad wishes nothing more than to find some way to rid himself of the curse and find redemption.

What does this mean? Should this be reworded?

4 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Imad Malak was not always an evil man. Evil came to him from without.

What does this mean? Should this be reworded?

It's a slightly archaic usage, but it's perfectly grammatical. It's somewhat rare to find it alone; it's more commonly used as part of a pair of opposites -- "The enemy within and the enemy without", for example. In this case, it specifies that his evil arose from an outside source, rather than being some innate characteristic of his own makeup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It's a slightly archaic usage, but it's perfectly grammatical. It's somewhat rare to find it alone; it's more commonly used as part of a pair of opposites -- "The enemy within and the enemy without", for example. In this case, it specifies that his evil arose from an outside source, rather than being some innate characteristic of his own makeup.

Interesting. I thought it was a weird wording. Apparently, I'm just a young whippersnapper.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, Zepp said:

For the Fort Knox badge progress,

reads:

Mangle 200 Goldbricker bosses to earn this badge.

should read:

Mangle 200 Gold Brickers to earn this badge.

(Badge is awarded for all Gold Bricker defeats - originally was only for minions I thought, and Gold Bricker is two words, not one)

Yeah, the usage of Goldbricker vs. Gold Bricker is very inconsistent.

3 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Interesting. I thought it was a weird wording. Apparently, I'm just a young whippersnapper.

It's also used as part of an adjectival phrase. For example, in Romeo and Juliet, the line "There is no world without Verona walls but purgatory, torture, hell itself" refers to the world beyond the walls of Verona as being a miserable place.

Slot Machine, final mish, High Roller's final dialogue:

'I got a sister in Poughkipsie who says she can get me a job as a shop teacher.'

Assuming he's referring to the real world place and not an alternate fictional version, it should be

'I got a sister in Poughkeepsie who says she can get me a job as a shop teacher.'

Edited by Cinnder

(I Ran a search for LFG and Cavern, and didn't see this, sorry if this is a repeat)

The LFG Window lists the incorrect number of merits awarded by the Cavern of Transcendence trial. It's listing the reward as 7 merits, when it should be 8 merits.

While using the LFG Queue, Hover over the entry for the Cavern of Transcendence trial and wait for the tool tip window to appear. In this window, it will list the information about the trial. The Entry for "Rewards" states the trial awards 7 merits at completion, when in reality it awards 8.

I have attached screenshots of the LFG window Entry, as well as my reward window for completing the trial.

CavernOfTranscendence.jpg

CoTComplete.jpg

Found a bug in the Matthew Habashy arc. The third mission of Part Two of What Was Lost has the title: "Get to the Hellion's underground caverns". I'm pretty sure there's more than one Hellion involved (well, unless the mission bugs like my last alt had happen when no Hellions spawned at all!) so that should be "Get to the Hellions' underground caverns".

bugreport.png

Technician Naylor, Take the Book from the Circle, clue after finding the book:

'Despite the books, tower, it seems to be all about how the Circle makes their portals.'

Not sure what they are trying to say here, but perhaps this was meant to be

'Despite the book's title, it seems to be all about how the Circle makes their portals.'

Wu Yin's Personal Story, Desdemona/Vanessa:

'The amount of memories she would need are massive.'

should be

'The amount of memories she would need is massive.'

The amount is massive.  The verb should correspond to the singular 'amount,' not the object of the preposition 'memories.'

Edited by Cinnder

Level 30-39 Tip mission "Wanted Poster WIth Your Face", the Vigilante version, has an error. It refers to my female character as a "he".

image.png.20ab0ac5a05c27ccb2a03c5194a8bf2b.png

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Ghost Widow's 40-45 arc, defeat 20 Circle, the clue says: "The Tome of Tormvodel? I know of it. It's secrets are useless to us, but if you truly sought to restore a ghost to it's body, perhaps it could work."

Two misused "it's".

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

On 4/15/2020 at 5:48 PM, Cinnder said:

Maria Jenkins, Prevent Shadowhunter's resurrection, mish end dialogue:

'Good work, Character. We need to do this occassionally to prevent Shadowhunter's ressurection.'

Plus at least one other use of "ressurection" and one of "ressurect".

Westin Phipps, Find out what's happening to the Bane Spiders, mish briefing:

'One of the vagrants who frequents Haven House saw a squad of Fortunata's going to confront some of them.'

should be

'One of the vagrants who frequents Haven House saw a squad of Fortunatas going to confront some of them.'