Report Typos Here!

Widower

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

image.png.9e30ff63721090550608e58eed3f3ce5.png

Unless there's only one Sky Raider, this should be ...are...

I believe fixing this is more than just correcting a typo, as it's an artefact of the random 'Mad-Lib' nature of radio/newspaper missions.  I suspect the mish text template is something like 'X is threatening to destroy...' Works ok when X = Malta or The Circle of Thorns, but in this case not so much.

Alignment tip mission, Defuse the Nemesis Booby Trap, mission entry pop-up text:

'There are a handful of Nemesis troops still inside.  It looks like a few officers have already entered the building.  You need to save then and prevent the trap from ensnaring more PPD officers.'

should be

'There is a handful of Nemesis troops still inside.  It looks like a few officers have already entered the building.  You need to save them and prevent the trap from ensnaring more PPD officers.'

a) A common error, but there is just one handful so the verb needs to be singular.  Verb agrees with the subject of the sentence, not the object of the preposition.

b) Probably just a typo.

Max, Dark Astoria, Initial Contact:

'Director 11 originally created our dealings with the Knives of Artemis. His knowledge of demolitions and on the foundations of the Knives of Vengeance's training grounds will prove extremely useful to the operation.  That's all of the details I know about Director 11's personality.'

That information had nothing to do with Director 11's personality.  Probably should be:

'That's all of the details I know about Director 11's history.' or 'That's all of the details I know about Director 11's activities.'

Max, Dark Astoria, Technology of the Future. mission briefing:

'We can get you inside of that facility, but from there it's up to you to get inside, rescue Slinger from Black Scorpion, and destroy that empowerment machine.'

Do we have to get inside twice? :-)  Should be

'We can get you to that facility, but from there it's up to you to get inside, rescue Slinger from Black Scorpion, and destroy that empowerment machine.'

Edited by Cinnder
Found more

I don't report that many, since a lot of what I see is already here, but here's one.

.screenshot_210309-19-00-11.jpg.860ca4537cbe51be42bf12b49f5346e5.jpg

Per se. NOT per say.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Badge: The Once and Future Hero.gender
xrCosNo.png

You know what's weird tho? It's the only badge in the list that I can see the name of, all the other badge names are dim when I highlight them and barely legible. See this example, the badge next to it...
YA6v36r.png

Edited by Herotu

Number Six, Initial Contact:

'They had sonic fences to keep the Hamidon back, along with turret schematics stolen from Lambda sector to serve as their defense.'

should be

'They had sonic fences to keep the Hamidon back, along with turrets built from schematics stolen from Lambda sector to serve as their defense.'

Unless waving bits of paper in the faces of Praetorian DE keeps them at bay.  'Ha, razorvine -- this is your mama!'

also

Number Six, Part One: Defy the Odds, Briefing:

'There's a Seed of Hamidon making its way to way to code-name Last Bastion.'

should be

'There's a Seed of Hamidon making its way to code-name Last Bastion.'

Edited by Cinnder
found more

Kristof Jaeger's arc, "Set bombs in Longbow base mission". When I took out the Longbow Officer at the back of the map, there was an announcement from a Longbow officer (I think it was an ambush, not the one I was attacking) that said "Longbow Agents& attack!".

Need to get rid of the spurious ampersand.

Pandora's Box (SSA), James Harvan, Part Three: Parental Ambiguity -

'All of my research indicated that whomever opens the Box is granted the power of Zeus'

should be

'All of my research indicated that whoever opens the Box is granted the power of Zeus'

3 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Pandora's Box (SSA), James Harvan, Part Three: Parental Ambiguity -

'All of my research indicated that whomever opens the Box is granted the power of Zeus'

should be

'All of my research indicated that whoever opens the Box is granted the power of Zeus'

No; 'whomever' is an object pronoun, while 'whoever' is a subject pronoun. Because the person opening the box is the object of the statement, 'whomever' is correct.

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

No; 'whomever' is an object pronoun, while 'whoever' is a subject pronoun. Because the person opening the box is the object of the statement, 'whomever' is correct.

That's an easy mistake to make, but in this case 'whoever' is the subject of the clause 'X opens the box.'

The overall sentence structure is research (subject) indicated (verb) clause (direct object), but within the clause it's whoever (subject) opens (verb) box (direct object).

It might help to think of a similar sentence 'My research indicated that I opened the box.'  You wouldn't say 'My research indicated that me opened the box.'

Rothstein, Praetorian Tutorial:

'To see what badges you have, click on the word Badge located on your navigation bar.'

should be

'To see what badges you have, click on the word Badges located on your navigation bar.'

The menu option on the nav bar uses the plural.

Provost Marchand, Praetorian Tutorial:

'I'm impressed at your actions here today with the Resistance.'

should be

'I'm impressed by your actions here today with the Resistance.'

Provost Marchand, Praetorian Tutorial:

'You'll be able to start you career in protecting Praetoria'

should be

'You'll be able to start your career in protecting Praetoria'

Edited by Cinnder
found more

Praetor White, Part Two: In Too Deep, Officer Tepp's Story (clue):

'Sergeant Hastings lead the twelve of us down here looking for the Resistance.'

should be

'Sergeant Hastings led the twelve of us down here looking for the Resistance.'

1 hour ago, Cinnder said:

Praetor White, Part Two: In Too Deep, Officer Tepp's Story (clue):

'Sergeant Hastings lead the twelve of us down here looking for the Resistance.'

should be

'Sergeant Hastings led the twelve of us down here looking for the Resistance.'

That's not a typo. Lead is spelled that way ( as well as "Led").  It's a Read/Read thing.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, Cinnder said:

The past tense of 'to lead' is 'led,' not 'lead.'  (https://www.grammarly.com/blog/led-lead/)

In the case that I'm quoting, it's the past tense they want.

You are absolutely right.  I was having a "senior moment" LOL.

• Haha 1

Shadow Science Rescue Test Subjects From Council Grammatical Error

Just found an old grammatical error, I know it's old as it exists in all the archived wiki's etc. "and weakened so that Nictus can forcibly posses them long enough to recover their strength". I am fairly sure they meant possess rather than rounding up cowboys to chase them.

• Haha 1

Dr. Hetzfeld, Part Four: One Man's Trash, briefing:

'make sure that the cyborgs are returned not to thier holding cells, but to mine instead!'

should be

'make sure that the cyborgs are returned not to their holding cells, but to mine instead!'

Neuron, Finale: Fight of the Century:

'Oh no, oh no, oh no... Character, this is bad. Very bad! Oh I just thought of twenty... no, fourty ways that this could go bad for me...'

should be

'Oh no, oh no, oh no... Character, this is bad. Very bad! Oh I just thought of twenty... no, forty ways that this could go bad for me...'

Neuron, Finale: Fight of the Century, debriefing:

'I know, the Resitance, yeah, they made some guy who looked like Cole to sow confusion.'

should be

'I know: the Resistance, yeah, they made some guy who looked like Cole to sow confusion.'

Edited by Cinnder
found more