Report Typos Here!

Widower

2 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Maybe change this to something like

'These memorials never fail to make you wonder whether you could ever do the same'

Or, if you want to pull out a little-used archaism, 'ponderation' is the act of pondering; its use goes back to 1550. Just slap that in in place of 'ponderance' and you're good.

In the arc "Psimon Sez", mission "Interrogate GIFT researcher" when you finish off his guards his dialogue is:

" GIFT Researcher: You've come for the psi-crystal research, haven't you? I sensed it& it seems to have affected me!"

Maybe put in a space and replace the ampersand with an ' and'

Less of a typo and more of an inconsistency.  In Timothy Raymond's mission to Eliminate Kit'Vul (the Exterminator badge mission), Kit'Vul is a Rikti but when he attempts to flee he says "I've gotta get out of here!"  That's generally not how Rikti speak and presumably Kit'Vul doesn't have the MK3 Translator in his armor.  Perhaps he should say something more along the lines of "Current status: must flee." or "Retreat: Survive." or something to that extent. 

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Police Radio mission:

'POLICE ARE REPORTING THAT THEY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO LOCATE DR. BOYCE BOYD, THE NOTED CYBERNETIC RESEARCH.'

should be

'POLICE ARE REPORTING THAT THEY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO LOCATE DR. BOYCE BOYD, THE NOTED CYBERNETIC RESEARCHER.'

Tour Guide badge, Crey's Folly, Burning the Midnight Oil:

'This kind of brazen disregard for consequences in the pursuit of profit is exactly what lead to this area's current degradation'

should be

'This kind of brazen disregard for consequences in the pursuit of profit is exactly what led to this area's current degradation'

Gordon Stacy, Look into the Freakshow attack on the Delgado-Harris corporation, mish entrance pop-up after talking to Jenny Firkins:

'The Freakshow trashed this place and good, but are long gone.'

should be

'The Freakshow trashed this place but good, but are long gone.'

Not complaining about the colloquial usage, but the saying is 'but good' not 'and good.'

If we don't like the two 'but's that leaves us with, then perhaps something like 

'The Freakshow trashed this place but good, though they are long gone now.'

And it's not even true, cuz there are wandering Freaks later in the mission!

Edited by Cinnder

I'm not sure if this is a typo, per se, but I was looking at my combat stats on my ice/ice/ice blaster because I was curious about how much debuff I was doing.  Anyway, I couldn't figure out what was being conveyed because the text was all about my "fire ball" and "fire blast" and "fire breath," and etc. I was on an ice blaster, so it was completely wrong.  I don't play fire blasters enough to know what the fire set equivalent of snow storm or shiver might be (I'm guessing ice blast and ice breath are the same as fire blast and fire breath, but ice doesn't have a "fireball" type power).  Anyway, it was decidedly unhelpful since it was telling my ice blaster she was shooting off fire blasts, and etc.

Edited by Tahliah

14 hours ago, Random Axis said:

In the Summer Blockbuster Time Gladiators intro it uses "Coliseum" instead of "Colosseum".

Tell Los Angeles that the "LA Coliseum" is misspelled. Or the Oakland Arena and RingCentral Coliseum. Or the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. You can find dozens of examples with a casual search. "Coliseum" is the modern Latin variant of the Latin "colosseum", and the spelling has become common to distinguish other arenas using the term from the Colosseum in Rome.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, srmalloy said:

Tell Los Angeles that the "LA Coliseum" is misspelled. Or the Oakland Arena and RingCentral Coliseum. Or the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. You can find dozens of examples with a casual search. "Coliseum" is the modern Latin variant of the Latin "colosseum", and the spelling has become common to distinguish other arenas using the term from the Colosseum in Rome.

Just to be 100% clear, am I correct in reading that you're pointing out that "colosseum" refers to the one in Rome while the one in the game with gladiators, people wearing the closest the game has to Roman dress, and saying Gaul is in the west and a frontier is a different stone arena that should properly be called a coliseum? 

The description for the Sentinel's Ward: Recharge/Chance for Absorb ATO incorrectly states that it requires the user to be level 50:

sentwardato.jpg.978ada18b53d32887158fcea2c547a6b.jpg

This is for the regular, not the "Superior" version of the enhancement. I currently have this slotted on a level 36 Sentinel, and it's working fine. I'll note that none of the other enhancements in the set, nor in the other Sentinel set, have this "restriction" in their descriptions, so this looks like a copy/paste error.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Random Axis said:

Just to be 100% clear, am I correct in reading that you're pointing out that "colosseum" refers to the one in Rome while the one in the game with gladiators, people wearing the closest the game has to Roman dress, and saying Gaul is in the west and a frontier is a different stone arena that should properly be called a coliseum? 

There were a number of colisei built in the Roman Empire. Some of them are the Arènes De Nîmes, Arènes d’Arles, and Arènes De Lutèce in France, the Italica in Spain, the Pula Arena in Croatia, El Djem in Tunisia, Leptis Magna in Libya, the Flavian Ampitheatre in Pozzuoli, Italy, the Pompeii Spectacula, the Lecci Ampitheatre, and the Arena de Verona in Italy. They are all ampitheatres, and the Colosseum was originally referred to simply as ampitheatrum, or poetically as the Ampitheatrum Caesarum; it did not become tagged as the Colosseum until about 1000 CE, in reference to the nearby Colossus Neronis (later as the Colossus Solis after it was remodeled into the likeness of Helios/Apollo), a huge statue of Nero. In the 12th and 14th Centuries, medieval Latin produced coloseum and coliseum (the Colosseum was recorded in the 12th Century as the ampitheatrum colisei -- 'Ampitheatre of the Colossus'), with the term being extended to any ampitheatre and spreading to other languages -- 'culiseo' in Italian, 'coliseu' in Catalan, 'coliseo' in Spanish, 'coliseu' in Portugese, 'colisée' in Middle French, and 'colisee' in Middle English. The first citation for 'Colosseum' in Early Modern English is the 1600 translation of the Urbis Romae topographia of Bartolomeo Marliani. So 'Colosseum' technically refers only to the ampitheatre in Rome, with other ampitheatra being simply colisei (singular coliseum).

Tour Guide badge, Peregrine Island, Portal Parter:

'After asking a few locals, they are not quite sure as to what you are referring to.'

should be

'After asking a few locals, they are not quite sure as to what you are referring.'

Don't need the extra 'to'.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, Pengy said:

Mission: Defeat Anti-Matter and his clockwork, from Tina MacIntyre:

Anti-Matter: Teleport to pre-established coordinates! Authorization Zero Zero Keyes Zero! You are FOOLS! You have NO IDEA what you are interferring in!!

Interfering is misspelled.

This is repeated in the clue received at the end of mish.

Also, in the clue there's a spurious colon (sounds like something to ask a doctor about!) just before the quote because the lead-up is 

When Anti-Matter disappeared, he told you,

:'You are FOOLS! You have NO IDEA what you are interferring in!!'

Tina Macintyre, Rescue the freedom fighters, briefing:

'A freedom fighter from another world just contacted us and asked for help. Apparently, her world is under the brutal control of its version of Nemesis. Anyway, this freedom fighter, Julianne Thompson, says that a bunch of her comrades in the resistance are about to be rounded up. There aren't any more heroes on our world, so she knew she had to look elsewhere.'

should be

'A freedom fighter from another world just contacted us and asked for help. Apparently, her world is under the brutal control of its version of Nemesis. Anyway, this freedom fighter, Julianne Thompson, says that a bunch of her comrades in the resistance are about to be rounded up. There aren't any more heroes on her world, so she knew she had to look elsewhere.'

Instanced radio mission in Skyway, Defeat all Outcasts in Bank.  Flavor text when entering mission door is "The Outcasts cannot be allowed to flaunt the law!"

It should be flout, not flaunt.

"Flaunt is to show off, but flout is to ignore the rules. Rebels do both — they flaunt their new pink motorcycles by popping a wheelie, and flout the law by running a red light. The problem is that people use flout to mean flaunt."

https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/flaunt-flout/

Daedalus, Go to Peregrine Island and investigate the Malta Group's activities, briefing:

'Pray see what you can find out what the Malta operatives know and investigate any information you find.'

should be

'Pray see what you can find out about what the Malta operatives know and investigate any information you find.'

or

'Pray see what you can find out regarding what the Malta operatives know and investigate any information you find.'

Hello.

In Ouroboros, Red Side, Level 30-34 Range --  Psimon Sez (6.54)

One of the missions the compass reads:

image.png.763c1e45d2b60acda5185c377fd62cb3.png

However, these were NOT activated, they needed to be destroyed by attacking it, which resulted in them looking like this:

image.png.a991fca0792132c4ec01eec4eca7e897.png

While not difficult to figure out and it certainly didn't hamper my progress, if you want to change 'activate' to 'destroy' that would certainly make it more clear.  Side note here, I did NOT read the story line as that sort of thing isn't my bag, so, I am not sure what I was being asked to do by the contact so, there could be some text in there to clear up as well...

• Thumbs Up 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

There's a new "Paragon Heroes" NPC by the hero exit in Pocket D, 'Tsukira Wolf'. A nice homage to somebody, lovely to see! His bio reads:

'Little is known about this mysterious fighter, though he seems to be an honorable one and very talanted.'

That should be 'talented', and it reads as much in his description on the hcwiki so it doesn't seem to be intentional.