Report Typos Here!

Widower

38 minutes ago, wijnen said:

In the introduction of a villain alignment mission, it says:

image.png.7e0d74428d29734d8fdd4c83f6e5ede6.png

"another think coming" should be "another thing coming".

While that is currently the more popular usage, "another think coming" is the original form of the phrase, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The phrase originated in British English in the mid-1800s, coming from a comic expression, "if that's what you think, you've got another think coming".

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, wijnen said:

In the introduction of a villain alignment mission, it says:

image.png.7e0d74428d29734d8fdd4c83f6e5ede6.png

"another think coming" should be "another thing coming".

No, it's correct as written (for colloquial values of "correct"). Another "thing" wouldn't make any sense.

Never mind, slow.

Edited by Pengy
Slow

4 hours ago, srmalloy said:

While that is currently the more popular usage, "another think coming" is the original form of the phrase, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The phrase originated in British English in the mid-1800s, coming from a comic expression, "if that's what you think, you've got another think coming".

Huh, interesting. Learned something new today. Thanks. 🙂

Not a typo, but more out of place dialogue.  In the Independence Port Safeguard mission, I overheard some Family thugs asking why Tub Ci was making them stand watch.  Why would the Family be answering to Tub Ci of the Tsoo?  All the rest of the Family chatter made more sense, so this appears to be an isolated mistake.

2004192549_FamilyinIP.PNG.0459bff2e2fa4fb7d450e7008d746325.PNG

That said, the Underboss with the Weapons Deal key has some interesting commentary about his position?  What does "under" mean?

849961849_FamilyinIP2.PNG.2dc08e86fc834ee2fe44e3564549658c.PNG

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Not a typo, but more out of place dialogue.  In the Independence Port Safeguard mission, I overheard some Family thugs asking why Tub Ci was making them stand watch.  Why would the Family be answering to Tub Ci of the Tsoo?  All the rest of the Family chatter made more sense, so this appears to be an isolated mistake.

2004192549_FamilyinIP.PNG.0459bff2e2fa4fb7d450e7008d746325.PNG

I assume that dialog was copy-and-pasted from the Tsoo version.

And, there is a typo there also! Should be heroes, not Heros.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another one from the Brickstown Safeguard.  Nemesis troops are looking for Shock Treatment, but the PPD who they're interrogating refers to Shock Treatment with the wrong pronouns.  Shock Treatment is a woman.  The rest of his dialogue correctly uses "her" after being rescued.

330233299_NemesisinBrickstown.PNG.24831a6cfbcef6dd3f03719c0ca65a57.PNG

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

More fun with its/it's....

In Television's one-off mission "Help Television" (the one where you are replacing a Fortunata with a double), near the end of the debriefing, it says, "Television is always there for it's friends."

Should be its friends.

In the mission briefing for Television's one-off mission "Help Television learn about the Malta Group," the second sentence references a show that "was really big in it's time."

Should be its time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention... the paragraphs definitely should be fixed on these as well. There should either be a blank line between paragraphs, or if that's not possible for some reason, the paragraphs should be indented. The massive wall of text that's there now does not look good.

typo-prisoner.PNG

typo-tvmalta.PNG

Edited by Gigajoule

The Indestructible PvP Accolade power tooltip mentions +DEF and +RES to "All but Psionics", however the power has a small amount of Psi DEF and RES, which appears to be what Elusive Mind provides (I trust Indestructible simply combines the two effects of Elusive Mind and Archmage/Demonic).  I assume this is just the result of a quick oversight from copying the tooltip from Archmage/Demonic, which don't have Psi protections.

58958001_IndestructiblePsiRes.PNG.d3c90d04f5a7ab7d23da00792488b616.PNG

• Thanks 1

Seer Marino says:

image.png.2385f8b864861e376f9a5503e9804c8b.png

The sentence is a bit weird anyway, but it would at least be grammatically correct if "it's" is changed to "its". But even then, I would expect the body to be the evidence that betrays us, not the body's evidence. So it may be better to rewrite the sentence. Then again, I'm not a native speaker, so this may be perfectly good English.

34 minutes ago, Gadfly said:

This is such an entrenched issue that it will likely never be fixed, but is there any good reason judgment is consistently misspelled, especially with regard to incarnate-related content?

It's not misspelled.

Judgement is Queen's English and judgment is American English.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It's not misspelled.

Just fine-tuning this 🙂

BOTH are UK English. However "judgment" refers only to the legal pronouncements of an actual judge. Judgment is the only version used normally in the US.  Working as an editor IRL and having spent a lot of time on legal texts in the last decade this has become almost a twitch reaction!

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, Darmian said:

Judgment is the only version used normally in the US.

Right.

And since CoH was developed in America, by Americans, it's not a typo.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Right.

You are indeed correct!  Like I said, fine-tuning a little 😄

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

22 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It's not misspelled.

19 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Right.

I guess you had trouble parsing what I said.  I emphasized the correct spelling in my original post, and I stand by what should be obvious: the word is consistently misspelled throughout the game; to wit:

j3.png.9336d802c8ba058db7b24737acc07f28.png

Edited by Gadfly
edited for clarity

4 hours ago, Gadfly said:

I guess you had trouble parsing what I said.

You are correct, sir. I did, in fact, misunderstand which form of the word that you were referring to. My mistake.

The version used in that screenshot is a misspelling.

From the (Blueside?) Patrol mission infobox in Bloody Bay:

Be warned! While fighting for the Shiva Strike, the Shivans, you'll find the other side may try to stop you -- heroes and villains can battle each other, in addition to the Shivans and other foes. Should you defeat a foe you or a teammate be take any ore or sample he's collected. If you defeat a foe, you or a teammate should be sure to be take any ore or sample they've collected.

From Blind Makwa in First Ward:

image.png.98cebf84e4c382502dc8e29c7092d0b8.png

Should be "between *an* Apparition and *its* possessed"

Probably already mentioned, but figured I'd pop it in.

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

And another one, on the Cerulean arc:

image.png.21ed42d3c932251e30e38dd4cb1bbad5.png

Option two has an extra "means."

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter