Report Typos Here!

Widower

9 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Reese's mission to Attend the Final Round in Magisterium in Nova Praetoria.  Upon winning the fight you're given congratulations by Praetor White and Praetor Duncan.  Duncan does her usual flirty vibe, but refers to the player as a man regardless of their gender.

1774255892_DuncanLines.thumb.JPG.5e52141144302e41748dfe50c2c4834e.JPG

That seems to be random.  Sometimes she refers to my PC by the correct gender (male or female), sometimes not.

• 2 weeks later
  • Developer

I had no idea how much this repository of literary effronteries would affect me.

• Haha 2

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

• Developer
10 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Ah but how did it affect you?  In a way to motivate you to effect change? 😉 

*eye twitch*

• Haha 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

Mender Lazarus, Oroborous.  Just completed his "The 5th Column Overthrow" Task Force.  Talk to him, complete out mission, talk to him again, I am not strong enough I need to come back around level 30.  But I am 37.

image.png.1e4601ca4dfcd31e120e18d885892887.png

• 2 weeks later

Not sure if typo, oversight, or whatever.  Raditation Armor's Fallout Shelter gives a smidgen of resistance to Fire, Energy and Negative damage however the power description and tooltip make zero mention of this fact.  Seems to be a consistent oversight on all ATs that can use it.  It does mention the Psi and Toxic resists, which are stronger than the F/E/N resists.

1372153727_FalloutShelter.JPG.277d78f11cf7c0af4e3bf4bc066f8b05.JPG   230373521_FalloutShelterResistance.JPG.19009f42cde81e2af5d0efd0dfdbfbdc.JPG

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Sir Lionel, Night Ward

"Handle Drudges" mission acceptance / "Defeat the Drudges" nav text / "3 heads of Drudges to defeat" objective text

There are three required enemies to defeat: one is "Head Taskmaster", but the other two have other names, such as "Remote Taskmaster" or "Powerful Spectre".

Typo 1: "Powerful Spectre" should be used for Apparitions, not Drudges.

Typo 2: The objective complete text is "You defeated Head Taskmaster!" for all three. That's only correct for one of the three.

Edited by Kai Moon
  • Sad 1

Stalker > Epic Power Set Weapon Mastery powerset > Physical Perfection

image.thumb.png.147440c0682a273c94ff5f83ed69a6a2.png

should read:

Physical Perfection

By achieving perfect harmony of body, mind and spirit you are able to regenerate health and endurance slightly faster than normal. This power is always active and consumes no endurance.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In the character creator, the power description Sentinel >> Assault Rifle >> Disorienting Shot reads "Fires a single non lethal rubber bullet that can seriously Disorient a target. Deals little damage and takes a long time to reload, but renders most targets unable to attack for a good while."

This description applies to the blaster/corrupter version perhaps, but not to sentinels'. The sentinel version does almost exactly the same damage as Burst (which claims Average damage in its description). The recharge is only 5secs, which is Assault Rifle's second shortest recharge. And the disorient is only 2 seconds, which can hardly be described as "serious", nor does it qualify as "a good while".

All in all, completely inaccurate except for the "non lethal rubber bullet" part.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

Day Job Recruiter in Atlas City Hall is giving old info on the Day Job Badges.

Example ::  Day Trader: Log out in Wentworths and for a limited time you will be granted a device that can quickly teleport you to an Auction House.

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 2 weeks later

image.png.28222ee131edc95005930f3d5e17dcfe.png

This is a bit off. I'm not sure if this is a typo, or something else. 
With the level IOs, shown below, it's clear this IO isn't available to a player to slot in a character until level 18. Yet, with the attuned version - the text says you can slot it at level 7. And you can, but only with three of the set. The other three state they require level 17. 

As you can see below with the leveled IOs, they require you to be 18. (before you can slot a level 21)

Shouldn't they all have the same level requirement? 

image.png.66626bc1058adebbe05ca2ffb9b72c2b.png

• 4 weeks later
  • Developer

Anyone who received a "Thanks" emoji from me, your report was processed.

• Thanks 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

• Developer

Resolved posts will also be hidden.

hc_sig copy.jpg

• Developer
On 5/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, RikOz said:

Yeah, it's a dialect thing. The leaders and other original Skulls are Slavic (can't recall which specific country), and Slavic languages work a little differently. One notable feature of Slavic languages is that they don't have "articles" like "the", "a", or "an", so they would just say "purse" instead of "the purse", and that likely carries over to not using a possessive ("her") like an article.

Chernobog is clearly not the "brains" of the operation, and he speaks English inflected with Slavic grammar. His brother, Veles, is the brains, and speaks correct English, because he probably made the effort to learn it properly.

(I'm not a linguist, and I don't speak any Slavic languages, I'm just relating information I've read.)

I'm going to leave this as dialectical flavor.

hc_sig copy.jpg

unknown.png

I have an issue with Montague Castanella (Steel Canyon University)'s dialogue. When I talk to him outside of a mission, it gets me this placeholder text, with nothing of actual substance included. Talking to him during a mission, the text for starting a mission, and the text when ending a mission seem to all be okay, but when you're not currently in a mission his dialogue seems completely bugged.

This APPEARS to be happening regardless of relationship level with him, but I can't be sure as I've yet to complete it. I'm currently on what I think is my third mission with him, and will update once I finish the mission line whether it's still present.

I was told this was the appropriate place for issues such as these, but let me know if that's not the case!

Edited by Zodai

Nice to meet you, I write stuff! 😄

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

-Shiho Miyano, Detective Conan

She/her!

• Developer
22 hours ago, Zodai said:

unknown.png

I have an issue with Montague Castanella (Steel Canyon University)'s dialogue. When I talk to him outside of a mission, it gets me this placeholder text, with nothing of actual substance included. Talking to him during a mission, the text for starting a mission, and the text when ending a mission seem to all be okay, but when you're not currently in a mission his dialogue seems completely bugged.

This APPEARS to be happening regardless of relationship level with him, but I can't be sure as I've yet to complete it. I'm currently on what I think is my third mission with him, and will update once I finish the mission line whether it's still present.

I was told this was the appropriate place for issues such as these, but let me know if that's not the case!

This particular issue is a legacy problem that persists across a LOT of contacts, requiring either 1) A better generic statement or 2) A lot of customized work to fix individually. At the moment, it's down on the priority list but not forgotten.

• Thanks 2

hc_sig copy.jpg

• Developer
On 3/5/2022 at 8:40 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

In the Bane Spider Ruben arc, in the first mission, if you have done the Dark Hearts arc and have Omnicore show up, her bio has some awkward wording to describe how she's converted her body into cybernetics. One gets the idea but it could be written more clearly.

1529228485_CityofHeroesScreenshot2022_03_03-06_52_48.63(2).thumb.png.9f2d5523d875a7d58694fcca9fe7251b.png

Current edits:

"Omnicore possesses neither the patience nor the tolerance for anything that does not advance her quest for the perfect weapon. Very little is known about her, which is more due to her being buried in her work and not talking to others than any mysterious or controversial reasons. She has spent years of her life working to create the perfect weapon, incorporating her successes into her armor design incrementally. If you look closely, you might notice that Omnicore is the weapon herself, and her research is integrated into her body... Or, her original body is integrated into her research. It's nearly impossible to tell now."

• Like 2

hc_sig copy.jpg