Report Typos Here!

Widower

Montague forgot my name. After I went out of my way to save Percy!

spacer.png

But seriously, seems like it's just missing the tag variable before PlayerName .

This was the greeting for the Travel to Cimerora questline.

edit: D'oh! Seems linke I'm not the only one who noticed.

Edited by drdread

1 hour ago, VeiledOwl said:

the Archon in charge was named 'Archon Archon Foss'.

Most of the Council missions have the potential for this -- I've seen lots of "Archon Archon [name]" or "Adjutant Archon [name]". I think the problem may be that the list of possible Council boss names has some with the rank attached in the list, so that when the server picks a mission boss, they get a rank -- either Adjutant or Archon -- and a random name, which sometimes already has 'Archon' attached, so the rank gets doubled.

• 3 weeks later

In the costume editor, the entry for Chaos Leather under the Huge body style with Jackets Upper Body category has an extra capitalized letter.  This extends to the two-tone color option for the piece as well.  Doesn't appear to show up on any other Body or Upper Body combination.

980746267_ChaosLeathertypo.JPG.5353586adc1faf59d807d961fdf400fb.JPG

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Every stat listed in the Consume power (Brute/Fiery Aura) says it requires Fiery Embrace to work. (Right-click -> Info -> Detailed Info)

Activation Time:2.03s

Recharge Time:1m 21s

Endurance Cost:0.52

Accuracy:1.26X

Available Level:20

Power Type:Click

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:AoE -- 20.00 ft. radius (10 targets max)

Attack Types:AoE defense, fire defense

20.32 fire damage on target Only using Fiery Embrace Requires accuracy check

16.68 fire damage on target Only using Fiery Embrace Requires accuracy check

29.00 endurance on self after 0.25s delay Only using Fiery Embrace unresistable

+7.25%% recovery rate for 15.00s on self after 0.25s delay Only using Fiery Embrace unresistable

72.50%% resistance to endurance for 2m 0s on self after  0.25s delay Only using Fiery Embrace unresistable

224.89 max hit points for 2m 0s on self Only using Fiery Embrace unresistable

I've spotted a typo / grammar error in the Ice Armor / Glacial Armor power description:

image.thumb.png.3ca3a25c8c67a9ef154b72625090bfce.png

At the end of the second line, "...and also you to resist Defense Debuffs".

Missing the word 'allows' or 'enables' between 'also' and 'you'.

Someone put up "[Inherent.Domination]" in chat, and I idly clicked on it to open the power description, and noticed this amusing bit:

DomBadText.png.213e67c9655afb32569ee3cdec416db1.png

At the end of the description, it reads "gain resistance to status protection". Shouldn't this be "gain resistance to status effects"? Seems counterproductive as the description reads.

Mission: Help the Sky Raiders fend off Longbow

Arc: Kings of the Sky

In the mission, you can click on glowie crates to get a Sky Raider Flight Pack temp power.  In the Powers window (bottom right) the mouseover identifies the power as having -To Hit. However the Detailed Info tab of the power's Info window doesn't show this as being the case.

Didn't seem as if my To Hit dropped when activating it either (but don't have a screen to prove it).

image.thumb.png.293c6b4ecbde912466455c8dd38b3796.png

• 2 weeks later

Virginia Hoffman (and probably other Magic origin Contacts).

THere is a Circle of Thorns hunt toward the end of her arc that sent you to Boomtown and Faultline. Problem being that there aren't any Circle of Thorns in Faultline or Boomtown according to  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Boomtown and https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Faultline . I flew around looking for some in both zones and couldn't find any and ended up fighting CoT in Kings Row which allowed me to complete the mission.

This is followed by an mission to hunt more CoT in Steel which is doable.

I do consider this to be a typo issue as it can be corrected the same way any other typo can be created. Simply redirect to Kings Row or Steel Canyon instead of Boomtown or Faultline. It look like the CoT were removed from Boomtown and Faultline around issue 8 based on what seems to be implied in the wiki notes.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Typos highlighted:

Power description for Ice Slick Dominator/Controller reads:

'You can create a large patch of ice at a targeted area, causing all foes that pass through it to tale cplose their footing. Those caught in the Ice Slick are dramatically slowed, take cold damage over time, tend to fall down and will be unable to jump.'

For the buff icon in the buff bar of the Status window for the Warmth of Prometheus temporary auto-power...

The buff icon description reads +7.0%, but it should read +7.5% for recharge, damage, and healing bonuses.

IMG_4431.jpg

Not strictly a typo, but close enough I suppose.

In the first mission of Pandora's Box 5/5 blue side, when attempting to enter city hall, it says:

image.png.ae10946010a22849064d10ba75247a04.png

This makes no sense, as Nemesis, not CoT, is attacking. Also, after beating them, I should still not be allowed to enter. (And this is correct, I am not allowed to enter, but the message implies that I would be.)

Three of Lorenzo DiCosta's non-arc missions ("Find Evidence Leading To The Rest of the Council Bases", "Shut Down The Council Cell", and "Shut Down The Council Recruiting Facility" have randomly chosen names for the boss, ie "Archon $CouncilBossName" Problem is the mission tries to give them ranks to add to the name but the names pulled from usually have a rank applied (usually Archon). So instead of "Archon Assunta" you get "Archon Archon Assunta" or in one case "Adjutant Archon Assunta"

• 2 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later

Just seems like some Dialogue is missing, or the phrasing is just awkward.

1979919722_TheGatethatcannotOpen.JPG.c990b8368fffbd1f89b81f6710c015e4.JPG

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• 3 weeks later