Report Typos Here!

Widower

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I went through some missions for Buzzsaw in Sharkhead Isle and there are a couple of missions in which refers to Buzzsaw as a he when Buzzsaw is a she. Primarily saw this in the mission where you're supposed to look for medical supplies for her.

What does "Blood-Minded" mean? Even if this should be "Bloody-Minded", which is a real term, I think the context would be wrong. I suggest "bloodthirsty".

image.png.1bd5a8f29b6754d6133600fae58bb71e.png

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Not so sure if it's a typo... There seems to be a bug on defeating Icedrone in Mission "Put a stop to the Skulls operations in Hyperion Way!"

You have defeated Icedrone
You gain 52 experience and 62 influence.
You received Insight.
text                               # <---- This "text" identifier 
[NPC] Icedrone: You're... never going... to change... anything...

EDIT: I think the text is for the Enchancement grant of Bioluminescent Filter.

Edited by cheat117
Context

Two - not sure if they're technically "typos", but text errors - to report.

First, when you talk to Montague (primal version) while he has missions (not the first contact though), he greets you as "Hello PlayerName".  Looks like a broken $PlayerName reference.

Second, when on the mission "Report Back to Luke Larson" (end of contact's arc / right after the bombing plot mish), there's no text if you try to call him aside from referring to a new contact.  Once you get the new contact, if you call back, it's a blank window.  Since it doesn't complete the mission, it's likely there should be some advice to come see him in person but it's missing.

Edited by GM Fatesse
Minor clarification added

Not a typo, just outdated information.

When speaking to Sgt. Goddard as part of General Hammond's orientation mission, he mentions that you'll be returned to Firebase Zulu's hospital if you're defeated anywhere in the Shadow Shard.  There are medical stations in every Shadow Shard zone these days so you won't go all the way back anymore.

Full FBZ text.PNG

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:52 PM, Necraphis said:

I am running the Oroborus Flashback mission Defeat All Clockwork Leaders, mission contact is Tina Macintyre. While clearing the NPCs the following text errors were noticed: 

image.png.fe6765199f8ac90596caf7db1a7a571c.png

image.png.e31383a3f51427fde15caea7e2c86911.png

image.png.76af4d2f20519a7f553409c893fa4eef.png

image.png.43d013475249a33a79be971d5f04b6b1.png

image.png.dc8b19e319850b15a806651a00980fc3.png

I'm not seeing errors.  Praetorian Clockwork "speak" in developer code, often with if-then statements and a bunch of shorthand.  This is intentional and mentioned a number of times in the Praetorian storyline, notably brought up when Metronome possesses Clockwork and speaks plainly.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

During the mission Defeat Marauder and destroy the portal from Maria Jenkins in Peregrine Isle, I noticed a small typo. It's in the green text prompt of 'you begin to destroy the portal' when you click on that object. The y in you is lowercase, not capitalized.

Nearly every contact text in the Breakout tutorial is repeating the paragraph text twice.  Also, Sakai Tamaki states:

If you are a Mastermind Archetype and have Summoning powers, you should read the manual, or the in-game Help File, for more information on how to control your pets in battle.

With the Homecoming version of the game, I don't think directing people to the manual is for the best.  A lot of people testing I27p7 suggested adding a variant of the Precinct Five info for Masterminds.

Info for the Assault Bot says " Only a the most insidious Mastermind could construct such monstrosity. Cold and relentless, these Bots obey only one voice, and will execute any order without hesitation." That first "a" should not be there.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove "Detailed".

The Brute version of the Radiation Melee power Irradiated Ground mentions an incorrect damage type in it's description: Toxic, rather than the Fire damage it actually inflicts. While it seems to me that it actually SHOULD be inflicting Toxic damage, that's a topic for a different discussion.image.thumb.png.0a30f7c9bc29fc923efee7ef0f958dd9.png

Edited by Blood Speaker

"Unfortunately, often the desperate men who hire my services cannot afford to pay when the bill comes do."
Should be due.

image.png.6f43b20071a1e201d218eeb5c505d684.png

"I should be able [to] complete my 'SuperFreak' post-haste." 
image.png.ad8379bd1ddba9ee098d08bc0117389a.png

Edited by zeero92

University - Professor Boram's bookshelf mission.

"There are five types of Salvage, but the most common are Invention salvage.

There are three different types of Rarity: Common, Uncommon, and Rare. The color of the Salvage piece name as well as information listed in the Information Bar will tell you more about the piece of Salvage you are viewing.

You have a slightly limited Salvage Inventory that will expand with Security Levels. You may 'store' your Invention Salvage in Vaults located in Pocket D and around Paragon City. Salvage may be sold at any store or Consignment House in Paragon City. You cannot buy Salvage from stores. Even while you are playing in Supergroup mode, you may still acquire Invention Salvage."

I think this needs some reworking/rewording.

"There are five types of Salvage, but the most common are Invention salvage.

There are three different types of invention salvage Rarity: Common, Uncommon, and Rare. The color of the Salvage piece name as well as information listed in the Information Bar will tell you more about the piece of Salvage you are viewing.

Salvage drops when you defeat foes and the salvage type is based on your defeated foe's origin. You can even right click on a foe, click on info, and then click on "Salvage Drops" to see what salvage you may obtain from defeating that foe.

You have a slightly limited personal Salvage Inventory that will expand with Security Levels, making sales on the auction house, and by memorizing recipes.

You may also 'store' your Invention Salvage in your Vault Reserve. When you open your salvage window, you can click on "Vault Reserve" at the bottom left to open a "Vault Reserve" window. You also access the Vault Reserves located in Pocket D, in various zones, and in some bases around Paragon City.

Salvage may be sold at any store or Consignment House in Paragon City. You cannot buy Salvage from stores. Even while you are playing in Supergroup mode, you may still acquire Invention Salvage. You can sell and buy salvage on the Auction House."

Something like that.

Orange new wording.
Old wording struck through.

Edited by UltraAlt
thanks, Rudra

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

University - Professor Taylor's first speech.

"My class is about Recipes. I talk fast and brief, listen and learn. Like your Enhancement and Salvage inventory, you now have a Recipe Inventory, which you can find by clicking on your Recipes tab next to the Salvage tab. Recipes have different Rarities as shown by the color of their name. Common are White, Uncommon are Yellow, Rare are Orange, and Ultra Rare are Purple. Recipes are dropped at random by defeating mobs or as mission rewards and can only be used once. You can buy Common Recipes off the Workbenches if you don't want to wait for the drop. You'll need Influence, though, and a spot in your Recipe inventory. You can carry the Common Recipe around with you or make it right away, if you have the fee and Salvage needed. As you build, once you meet the requirements, you can acquire Badges that allow you to 'memorize' any Common recipe, depending on how many builds the Badge requires. Once a Common Recipe is memorized, it will appear under the Memorized tab in your Recipe Inventory. There are five badge tiers, broken down by Recipe Level and Type.

Each Recipe tells you what it requires to 'build' it such as Salvage Components and Influence for the Workbench fee. Your Recipe Inventory size starts out at a certain size, but grows larger as you increase in Security Level. If you're making an Enhancement, you can 'mouse over' the Enhancement Icon and you'll see a tooltip that gives you more information about that Enhancement. Tooltips can be enabled or disabled, so if you have it disabled you may want to go into your Options and enable them again. For other types of Items, additional text is displayed to show you exactly what the Recipe will build.

So here is your assignment: go over to that Research Terminal on the Circulation Desk counter and do some research on Recipes. Print off your search results and come back to me when you're done. I'll be able to see it in your eyes whether or not you researched Recipes or tried to find DJ Zero's home address instead."

Really needs better paragraphing.

"My class is about Recipes. I talk fast and brief, listen and learn.

Like your Enhancement and Salvage inventory, you now have a Recipe Inventory, which you can find by clicking on your Recipes tab next to the Salvage tab.

Recipes have different Rarities as shown by the color of their name. Common are White, Uncommon are Yellow, Rare are Orange, and Ultra Rare are Purple.

Recipes are dropped at random by defeating mobs or as mission rewards and can only be used once.

You can buy Common Recipes off the Workbenches if you don't want to wait for the drop. You'll need Influence, though, and a spot in your Recipe inventory.

You can also buy and sell recipes on the auction house.

You can carry Recipes around with you or make it right away, if you have the fee and Salvage needed.

As you build, once you meet the requirements, you can acquire Badges that allow you to 'memorize' any Common recipe (go to the wiki and search for "Memorization Badges" for more details). Once a Common Recipe is memorized, it will appear under the Memorized tab in your Recipe Inventory and the price for crafting will be greatly reduced. There are five badge tiers, broken down by Recipe Level and Type.

Each Recipe tells you what it requires to 'build' it such as Salvage Components and Influence for the Workbench fee.

Your Recipe Inventory size starts out at a certain size, but grows larger as you increase in Security Level.

If you're making an Enhancement, you can 'mouse over' the Enhancement Icon and you'll see a tooltip that gives you more information about that Enhancement. Tooltips can be enabled or disabled, so if you have it disabled you may want to go into your Options and enable them again. For other types of Items, additional text is displayed to show you exactly what the Recipe will build.

You can also see what salvage a recipe needs when you are in the auction house by selecting the recipe and clicking on "search for salvage used in this recipe".

So here is your assignment: go over to that Research Terminal on the Circulation Desk counter and do some research on Recipes. Print off your search results and come back to me when you're done. I'll be able to see it in your eyes whether or not you researched Recipes or tried to find DJ Zero's home address instead."

But the mission he send you on duplicates a lot of the info.

"Players now have a Recipe Inventory, which is somewhat limited at first, but expands as players increase in Security Level. Recipe Rarities are identified by color:

White = Common

Yellow = Uncommon

Orange = Rare

Purple = Ultra Rare

You can buy Common Recipes on the Workbenches, if you have the Influence and room in your Recipe Inventory. As you use Common Recipes over and over, if you meet the requirements, you can acquire special badges (based on Level and Type) that allow you to 'memorize' them.

Mousing over Enhancements shows a tool tip that gives you more information about that Enhancement. Tooltips can be enabled and disabled from your Options menu. There is additional text is displayed to show you exactly what your Recipe will build and what ingredients will be needed."

I think some of that info from the teacher's dialog could be moved to this page and/or eliminate the repetition.

Possibly... (getting tired ... lost where I did a bunch of rewording)

"My class is about Recipes. I talk fast and brief, listen and learn.

Like your Enhancement and Salvage inventory, you now have a Recipe Inventory, which you can find by clicking on your Recipes tab next to the Salvage tab.

Recipes have different Rarities as shown by the color of their name.

Recipes are dropped at random by defeating mobs or as mission rewards and can only be used once.

If your recipe inventory is full you can no longer accept recipes as reward for defeating foes.

You can carry Recipes around with you or make it right away. You can also buy and sell recipes on the auction house.

Let's start with common recipes - their lettering will appear white.

You can buy Common Recipes off the Workbenches if you don't want to wait for the drop. 

To build an enhancement, you will need access to a workbench, the recipe, the required salvage, and the crafting fee.

As you build multiples of a common recipe, you can acquire Badges that allow you to 'memorize' set level(s) of that Common recipe (go to the wiki and search for "Memorization Badges" for more details). Once a Common Recipe is memorized, it will appear under the Memorized tab in your Recipe Inventory and the price for crafting will be greatly reduced. There are five badge tiers, broken down by Recipe Level and Type - each with its own title that you can display like any other badge.

"Players now have a Recipe Inventory, which is somewhat limited at first, but expands as players increase in Security Level. Recipe Rarities are identified by color:

White = Common

Yellow = Uncommon

Orange = Rare

Purple = Ultra Rare

Common Recipes can be be memorized.

Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare recipes are for crafting set enhancements. Set enhancements cannot be memorized, but come in sets that can grant bonuses when crafted and slotted in a power together. Set enhancements may also be unique which means you can only slot them once on a character.

Each Recipe tells you what it requires to 'build' it such as Salvage Components and Influence for the Workbench fee.

Your Recipe Inventory size starts out at a certain size, but grows larger as you increase in Security Level.

If you're making an Enhancement, you can 'mouse over' the Enhancement Icon and you'll see a tooltip that gives you more information about that Enhancement. Tooltips can be enabled or disabled, so if you have it disabled you may want to go into your Options and enable them again. For other types of Items, additional text is displayed to show you exactly what the Recipe will build.

You can also see what salvage a recipe needs when you are in the auction house by selecting the recipe and clicking on "search for salvage used in this recipe".

Mousing over Enhancements shows a tool tip that gives you more information about that Enhancement. Tooltips can be enabled and disabled from your Options menu. There is additional text is displayed to show you exactly what your Recipe will build and what ingredients will be needed. When you mouse over a set recipe or enhancement it will also list the bonuses for slotting two or more of the same set in the same power."

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

But now I'm at Professor Topffer ... he talks about the sets, so maybe even referencing uncommon, rare, and ultra rare recipes and sets doesn't even need to be mentioned by Professor Taylor. That would also cut down on his verbiage.

move the:

Yellow = Uncommon

Orange = Rare

Purple = Ultra Rare

....to Professor Topffer's dialog.

too tired to rewrite this part now. But it needs a bit of tweaking.

Guidance Counselor Jones brings up "Wentworth's Fine Consignments".

Might as well go ahead and say "better known as the auction house" and that "The auction house can be accessed anywhere outside of missions by using /ah."

Everyone seems to be using the term auction house or just "ah" when I'm on-line.

His note on the wall should mention accessing the auction house by /ah as well.

The talk to dialog with this contact would be a good place to explain how the auction fee works.

This is after talking to Gregor Richardson, then NOT immediately clicking the follow up. Then calling Montague Castanella again.

zKjciCs.jpg

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

It's a picayune grammar objection, and more properly a British usage, but the NPC random zone text:

[NPC] Buddy: Freakshow annexes Mashu Bridge! Can the PPD stop them? Pick up your Paragon Times today!

should more properly be "Freakshow annex Mashu Bridge", because 'Freakshow' is used as a collective plural noun, not that a specific individual Freakshow has annexed the bridge. Another example would be 'The staff disagree on the proposal', rather than 'The staff disagrees on the proposal'. But it is a niggling grammar point, and is widely ignored in common usage in the US.