GM Widower

Report Zone Geometry Errors Here!

Feel free to report any zone geometry errors you find here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. Including Map ID and coordinates (use /whereami and /loc) is required; screenshots are strongly advised. No, this isn't serious enough to get you Bug Hunter. Yes, we know about Kallisti.

• Like 1

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Posted (edited)

Oo!  I knew this day would come!  I have so many for this!  It's my time to shine!

Lemme consult my old screenshots and system logs.  I used to snag a shot after typing /loc. 

. . . well, dang.  I have my screenshots, but not my logs?  That'll complicate things.  Alright, gotta go off of memory . . . where do these screenies come from . . . 

(some time later)

Here are the ones I was able to relocate.  Note, these all date back to 2004!  Ahh, classics.

Hollows:  2529, 26, 3260

Hollows screenshot_200103-10-54-24.pNg

Skyway City:  -536, -41, -1371

Skyway screenshot_200103-11-01-31_1.pNg

Terra Volta:  383, 104, -6875

Terra Volta screenshot_200103-11-05-48_1.pNg

Edited by VileTerror
Adding zone names to screenshots.

Yes, please. @Oubliette_Red

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! GM Arcanum#7164

Always happy to help! Let me know if there's anything we can do to assist! ^_^

5 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Yes, please. @Oubliette_Red

Will do. I've not noticed any recently, used to bug instances where I found it back in Legacy.

For those unaware of what z-fighting (also called stitching) is:

I ran across it more on indoor maps than outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Head down to Silence/Modify specific sounds in Guides.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

In Kings Row, the crane at (653.3, 29.7, 1280.9) has the dangling crane cable and hook about twenty feet south of the crane; the boom of the crane is pointing SE, making the cable completely disconnected and hanging in midair:

Cd4xm9F.png

It's not directly related to this error, but you can bump the dangling crane cables and set them to swinging... even if the crane hook is holding something. For example, north of the entrance to Boomtown, there is a crane lifting a platform you can bump into the crane cable and knock it away, leaving it swinging, while the platform floats in the air completely unsupported.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1

Atlas Park has a hill out of place since the snow was removed. I didn't think to grab the LOC as I ran by, but if you're on the left bank of the lake running towards the tram station, it's on the left about halfway between the road and the sewer/cave map entrance under the bridge, about halfway up the slope.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:03 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Will do. I've not noticed any recently, used to bug instances where I found it back in Legacy.

For those unaware of what z-fighting (also called stitching) is:

I ran across it more on indoor maps than outside.

So THAT's what that's called...

OG Server: Pinnacle || Current Server: Torchbearer  || Also found on Indomitable & Excelsior (when needed)

Getting Started  ||  Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes  ||  Install and Troubleshooting Guide v2

Mids' Reborn  ||  HeroStats  ||  Vidiot Maps  ||  QoL, Mods, etc  ||  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Old Forums  ||  Titan Network  ||  The City Representative (3rd party Info site for all servers)

Echo: Rikti Crash Site

3785.3 -120.9 -4384.4

A hole in the world. The /loc number is as close to the spot as I could get before I started falling thru the world.

While gathering exploration badges in Eden, I stumbled into a hole in the map geometry that leads inside the walls of the tree maze. Within there's a ton of broken geometry and areas to get trapped in as well as the fact that you can used ranged attacks on mobs outside the maze without repercussions. There's also a small path that leads to a massive gap in the map floor, letting you get underneath the map to kill mobs with even more impunity or explore out beyond the War Walls. Facing north, stand on the left side of the broken piece of roadway. There's a small gap between two bushes with a small rock just beyond that marks the hole (it takes precise facing and small jump to get through, but works every time). I only found the way back out thanks to taunting some Devouring Earth and forcing the AI to come find me.

The access point is 157 yrds. East of The Serpentine map marker at an intersection between three pathways (exact location -746.8 -30.2 3344.6).

screenshot_200122-00-51-04.thumb.jpg.af0cd8511366d5a079556a2ef4cf9f42.jpg

The pathway is this thin connector between these sections of maze wall.

screenshot_200122-00-51-53.thumb.jpg.3cae5fd06e6e31b04039ea4a371668b7.jpg

Farther south is the gap in the map floor. It's a bit difficult to approach due to all the terrain issues, but is hard to miss once you spot it.

screenshot_200122-00-54-03.thumb.jpg.29efb81a0a1c8af84b79ae846a7dad1c.jpg

• Like 1

Dang El. That was a good one. Difficult to find. It doesn't just take you under the world as I was thinking. It takes you behind the world first. Then do some walking until you find a hole under the world. How you ever found that is beyond me. 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

I haven't checked the other Uni's, but the lower floor of the Midnighter Club in Steel has z-fighting, windows trying to appear through the wall.

Is it a geometry error if something lost it's color? I thought these we red, blue and green.. the ground show the color as does the damage taken.

image.thumb.png.7b05904bb3a71bef8564a3191a4c09bb.png

On 2/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Troo said:

Is it a geometry error if something lost it's color? I thought these we red, blue and green.. the ground show the color as does the damage taken.

image.thumb.png.7b05904bb3a71bef8564a3191a4c09bb.png

Do you remember what mish that was in?

maybe Terrigol (Madness Mage, First mission from Scratch)

Here's one in Tech_45_Layout_04_03- One-sided visibility on a wall (Blocks passage from both sides)

Location: -52.3, 37.9, 353.0 / -53.0, 41.7, 355.0 (For both sides)
Not sure if this affects other maps with the same tile yet.

screenshot_200205-14-55-49.jpg

screenshot_200205-14-55-35.jpg

Perigrine Island

-386.6 32.0 -2070.4

The HVAC units on the roof are levitating.

I was flying around, just for fun, not playing a mission or anything productive, one of the things I love most about this game, when I found myself flying all around PI.

When I got to the southern war wall, I got the message "You cannot enter" like when you click on a door that does not lead to a mission. As I flew along the wall, hoping to see that message again for a screenshot, when WARP! It loaded me through the war wall and into Talos.

Tried it three more times with the same result

Victory: 1345 badges

Torchbearer: 1514 badges

Discord: Blue Jay#2187

(~);} ♫ ❤️ ☯ ☮ ⊕ ☧ ☸  

To the game that is something different to everyone who plays, ((((((COH))))))) ❤️

2 hours ago, Blue Jay said:

I was flying around, just for fun, not playing a mission or anything productive, one of the things I love most about this game, when I found myself flying all around PI.

When I got to the southern war wall, I got the message "You cannot enter" like when you click on a door that does not lead to a mission. As I flew along the wall, hoping to see that message again for a screenshot, when WARP! It loaded me through the war wall and into Talos.

Tried it three more times with the same result

That is acting as it should. It's just another way to get to Talos from IP.

• Thanks 1

I could be wrong, and of course you are free to say I am. However when I reported it in petition, the GM sent me here to report it.

6 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

That is acting as it should. It's just another way to get to Talos from IP.

Edited by Blue Jay

(~);} ♫ ❤️ ☯ ☮ ⊕ ☧ ☸  

To the game that is something different to everyone who plays, ((((((COH))))))) ❤️

7 minutes ago, Blue Jay said:

I could be wrong, and of course you are free to say I am. However when I reported it in petition, the GM sent me here to report it.

They may have not been aware.

If you follow the power lines from the south end of PI, you will end up in Talos. Sadly, you cannot go the other direction because of the war walls.

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Head down to Silence/Modify specific sounds in Guides.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

I didn't even know that on live, and we played that for years. Thanks

(~);} ♫ ❤️ ☯ ☮ ⊕ ☧ ☸  

I was in Pocket D a couple days ago and the two ramps that lead up to portal-corp like portals have an error. Some of their internal structure have jumped forward and are sticking out of the window into the shadow shard. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I'm not sure this is the right place to report this, but here goes: 

If you are defeated during the first mission in the Barracuda Strike Force, or the final mission of the Lord Recluse Strike Force (basically, villain missions that take place in the map that is the Atlas Statue and surroundings in Atlas Park) and go to the Hospital, instead of respawning you in the hospital in Grandville, it respawns you in the hospital in Atlas Park on that map - which is outside of the map's invisible walls that cordon off the playable area from the unplayable. There is no way to get back to the playable map without logging out or quitting the strike force. 

Screenshots are me looking forlornly at the Arachnos Flyer that brought me here, that I cannot reach, and the mini map showing the invisible wall I have completely mapped out trying to get back through.

screenshot_200214-18-27-37.jpg

screenshot_200214-18-28-27.jpg

Doing a /stuck just teleports you to outside the Icon in Atlas Park - which is also outside the playable area.

EDIT: The ENTIRE MAP OF ATLAS is in that mission. I ran to the Steel Canyon exit and went through it - and it tried to zone me to Steel Canyon. Which, since I am a villain, did not work out well, the mapserver disconnected, and it respawned me to Mercy instead. 

(You can in fact zone to Steel Canyon this way if you are a Rogue.)

Edited by Eiko-chan
  • Thanks 1