Report Zone Geometry Errors Here!

Widower
Message added by Arcanum,

Posts will be hidden after the fix has been patched into a current or upcoming build.

Crey's Folly (5725.5 -21.0 1381.5) - The sloped surfaces at the edge of the water just end with visible holes to the north and south of this point.

8hxZOXU.jpg

g3WpGlC.jpg

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

• 2 weeks later

I am not sure if this is a geometry bug, and I tried looking for more information on it but I could not find anything about it specifically...

I have noticed that around certain areas in the underground cave section of Manticore's mansion as well as the sewer maps, I get an odd effect where the screen will start clipping wildly for a few seconds and it actually pushes my character backwards sometimes. Changing the graphical settings up or down or various effects does nothing to increase or decrease the frequency of this happening. It seems to be related to the way shadows are displayed in the underground/sewer maps and does not affect any of the HUD overlays.

Does anybody else have this problem? Admittedly, I have an older computer/graphics card. I will see if I can capture it in a screenshot later.

• 3 weeks later

image.png.0507e147e3a3598ae67280d19fb8c8d1.png

This place, a walkway leading up to the second floor of some kind of Arachnos structure in Sharkhead, near the Arbiter, has been like this since forever. There's a wall straight across the walkway so you can't actually walk onto the upper floor, you have to jump over that wall. It's ridiculous and annoying when you try to walk up there like a normal person. A minor error to be sure, but still.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

On 11/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, twospirited said:

found another map bug, when you right click where the cesspool explo badge is, the distance indicator has me here, at the LB base near one of the arachnos flyers

I was able to duplicate this exact behavior last night. I noticed similar behavior a week or so ago. I don't recall which zone I was in exactly, but I think I was in the Rogue Isles hunting Halloween event giant monsters. Using the wiki maps of the GM spawn points (viewed offline, not in-game), I was placing thumbtacks on the in-game map on the approximate GM spawn point. I noticed in a few occasions that the distance indicator was in a different location from the thumbtack in a similar manner to the bug twospirited reported. I will try to replicate the behavior tonight.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, twospirited said:

found another map bug, when you right click where the cesspool explo badge is, the distance indicator has me here, at the LB base near one of the arachnos flyers

unknown.png

This has always been like this. Waypoints near that badge have pointed to Fort Darwin since CoV came out.

As a follow up to my post above from Nov 10, I did some testing and found that there are many spots on the Mercy Island map where a thumbtack can be placed and the indicator will point to the same location in twospirited's original screenshot. I estimate that about half of the thumbtacks I placed randomly on the Mercy Island map pointed to this spot.

I noticed similar behavior in Port Oakes but not in any of the other Rogue Isles zones I checked, so I must have been in Port Oakes when I noticed the issue a week or so ago. About half of the random thumbtacks I placed in Port Oakes direct me to the abandoned lab door in the Dockside neighborhood (screenshot below).

port_oakes_thumbtack.thumb.jpg.9a254160761819553f0fbabfac237a58.jpg

• Like 2

The first of the four Matrix room doors on the lower level of the Peregrine Island arena don't have the black "fake darkness" texture.

Confirmed at the following coordinates:

793.6 -764.3 -3563.1

963.6 -764.3 -3497.1

1030.5 -764.3 -3668.5

861.0 -764.3 -3735.1

Screenshot 2020-11-24 015600.png

I had two separate characters that were outside of the war walls in Siren's Call when I logged in.  They both had been sitting just inside the zone entrance from Steel Canyon to work on the Predator day job.  I did not think to /loc my login coordinates with either, but the X marks my approximate location.  With the second character, I started to work my way around the outside of the war walls.  I marked my approximate flight path along the invisible walls with green -- that's as far as I got before my buddy showed up to bail me out with ATT.  Granted that this is some version of a vidiot map and I cannot speak to the map in the game, but per the pic, the zone is rotated 90 counterclockwise.  Presumably, the coordinates of my previous logouts were outside the new map after the rotation.

sirens-call.jpg

Edit part deux: Had another character logged out just inside Siren's Call.  After falling to the ground, my location is: 990.0 -176.1 -1208.1

Edited by scope.creep
Because I apparently don't know the difference between CW and CCW.

1 hour ago, gameboy1234 said:

There's a cable and hook in Boomtown that is misbehaving.  Location -1340.7 64.1 4964.6 and look east.  It's standing straight out in the air and if you bump into it it moves around. 

There are a number of crane hooks that you can disconnect from the load they're supposed to be lifting. There's one in SW Kings Row you can bump loose from the platform it's raising, for example. These have been in the game since early in live without being fixed.

The crane in Peregrine Island on the pier at (647.4, 93.0, -114.0) sometimes has two cables and hooks pendant from the crane arm, one of which is perpetually bouncing out at an angle, rather than hanging straight down.

Crane.png.a1b850117e447236572d0b6cac462d6b.png

Edited by srmalloy
added image

I believe this hole is different from the one posted in the tech map earlier. I found it on the "Test Your Clones" missions redside and is located in a section of the map most players don't even see (I only found it because I have a tendency to want to explore all the corners). I don't know if this hole exists in other versions of the mission map, but I imagine it would since they're all pulled from the same place.

screenshot_201206-06-35-03.thumb.jpg.980919921b3ed246e8313e350da43ee1.jpg

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Not sure if this is the right place to report this but one of the sewer-to-office-transition maps in the Mission Architect opens with the player falling through a black void to the bottom of the map. If you type /stuck you end up in what seems to be the starting location. Here's the Whereami: V_Sewer_to_Ofc_45_layout_04. In the architect it's the Sewers Transition to Office Set , Medium sized map number 4.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

• Retired Lead Game Master

maps/missions/V_Arachnos/V_Arachnos_45/V_Arachnos_45_Layout_02_02p.txt (1045)

Please fill in the floors of the inside of pillars.

So so many foes get knocked into the pillars, then fall 10+ stories down "the tube" that is all the pillars in this Arachnos base.

Few buggy things in the V_OUTDOOR_LONGBOW map.

1. The crane and hook at 4103.3 190.2 3196.5 act very weird. The screenshot below is not the result of me touching the hook in any way.
Untitled.jpg.356a36fa61c4a861c700455c6178e546.jpg

2. The zone map is not aligned properly with the actual zone.
Untitled.jpg.bbb9526deb35b92973264b615ac97318.jpg

3. The doors leading out of the interior buildings don't have the black texture when you open them...
Untitled.jpg.0c1f6c063a444fed57177cd81d9fa230.jpg

4. ...and I'm not sure the interior doors are textured properly either.
399843773_Screenshot2020-12-26021335.jpg.74ebd0bacb66cea1e980570fa736e617.jpg

(Note that the last two images are consistent across all three of the interior areas of the zone.)

It may not be a big issue but every time I'm out here in Fort Hades, the mobs that spawn on this edge specifically, always spawn about a quarter into the floor. Every once in a while the player avatar also sinks. In the screenshot, I'm not sinking but the mobs are sunken in. Don't really know if it really matter, just letting y'all know. 

Excelsior: Server

Port Oaks: Fort Hades
Map Coordinates: -3726.4 227.2 -1724.2

52.png

This one might be slightly out-of-scope, but while playing around with vis_scale, I found what I can only guess is a "LoD definition" error for this stack in Cap Au Diable where there's a range without a model - it pops out of existence in that range, depending on your vis_scale, noticeably if it is above 0.9 (The lowest vis_scale I've seen the range in is 0.92). Screenshots show the error at vis_scale 1, 2, 3 and 4. The stack to the left/north appears to be fine at all vis_scales.

Spoiler

Vis_scale 1

screenshot_210102-05-50-20.thumb.jpg.6e327224f3f3cd33f00810eaf83a129f.jpg

Spoiler

Vis_scale 2

screenshot_210102-05-57-38.thumb.jpg.226b4a5205f658d3b12ae1ec34dfe91c.jpg

Spoiler

Vis_scale 3

screenshot_210102-05-55-24.thumb.jpg.733af090369d1e4980992eeb3df156a7.jpg

Spoiler

Vis_scale 4

screenshot_210102-06-16-12.thumb.jpg.7527ac2f860d6ed23fe92881931e95ae.jpg

At the Croatoa campus, people are floating several inches over the ground. Probably something to do with magic.

image.png.bdb9ba75abd16ccc909786287e3cbc3c.png