Water/Bio Questions

TungstenShark

20 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I'm soloing x8+1 in the early 40s (Tina's "army" arc. It's become a "tradition" for me to solo it), so I'd hardly call that ineffective, but my fire corruptor or archery blaster would tear through x8+4 at the same level.

I find myself stealthing on this character because because killing is a bit slow.

I always use attuned enhancements (I examplar a lot after 50) and they scale as I level up. I always use the non-purples that offer similar benefits just in smaller quantities (like Positron Blast instead of Ragnarok or whatever it is), so while purples and superiors push it up a notch, the 40s do feel a lot like what 50 will (the biggest difference being builds that have perma Dom or perma Hasten at 50 but doi quite get there until then).

On a per-set basis the difference may not appear that significant, but if you've got 5 +10% Rech bonuses instead of 5% or 6.25% you've gained ~20% recharge to all of your powers. What I've felt like was a bigger deal with Purples is most of them have a very good damage proc in them, so adding a 5-slotted purple set w/ a damage proc + a 2nd non-purple damage proc to a few powers (Water Jet) can increase performance quite a bit. A secondary aspect is that you get a lot of slots in the 40-50 range to flesh out stuff for set bonuses. Of course YMMV, but i always feel like my characters get a big boost after switching to their lvl 50 build.

(Also like to clarify that you do know purples retain their bonuses at any level & are thus perfect for exemplaring, yes? Just making sure.)

yes purples are automatically attuned, but you gotta be 50 to slot them, so I like to slot attuned "baby versions" while leveling up (you can slot ATOs as early as 10 for example, non-superior of course). I enjoy leveling up, don't use 2x XP, don't PL, but don;t wantto just stick to SOs or non-set IOs. I wasn't saying purples are better, but hthat a full Positron's Blast set will get you closer than using non-set IOs

Edited by Papaschtroumpf