More ethnically diverse content

ZacKing

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:02 AM, GM Mathison said:

Weighing in on this there is certainly the opportunity when adding new content to look at groups and topics that haven't been covered in the past. Considering the events of Dark Astoria and now the Syndicate moving to Primal Earth there is a good story opportunity to focus on the Tsoo and the communities of citizens around them. In these situations I always look at opportunities of what haven't we seen. At the moment Paragon has two Tub Chis, Two Yins, and Two Penelope Yins. Also characters like Mirror Spirit and Foreshadow that haven't really been utilized as much.

THANK YOU!  Someone who gets it!  I would love to see what you can do with this.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

That's a silly position to take really.  Why add any new content then?  Stuff is already present in the game...

All you had to do was reply in some form of agreement or disagree.

Example: "Yes, there are ethnically diverse costume pieces, weapons, NPCs, etc. An even more immersive experience would be great."

Instead you've chosen to belittle my question and the comments of others. You've also assumed positions on new content.

Someone who wanted to argue could go through the game and point to all the examples where korean, chinese, japanese, italian, french, european, middle eastern ascetics are included.

I wasn't interested in arguing. I merely wanted to establish if you were aware of what was present or not.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

25 minutes ago, Troo said:

All you had to do was reply in some form of agreement or disagree.

Example: "Yes, there are ethnically diverse costume pieces, weapons, NPCs, etc. An even more immersive experience would be great."

Instead you've chosen to belittle my question and the comments of others. You've also assumed positions on new content.

Someone who wanted to argue could go through the game and point to all the examples where korean, chinese, japanese, italian, french, european, middle eastern ascetics are included.

I wasn't interested in arguing. I merely wanted to establish if you were aware of what was present or not.

And all you needed to do was ask "Are you new to the game?"

To be quite honest, I found your question a bit odd as well.  You seem to be assuming that the OP is new to the game or does not already know there are some cultural items available.  At least to me, it seems quite clear that the request is for more items/costumes/base items/story arcs than what we have now.  How they defined what they consider "content" is spelled out quite clearly as well.

I think in this current version many people skip a lot of the content.

Someone can have dozens of 50s (not really a new player) and have never run many of the arcs, nor visited various neighborhoods in different zones, or out leveled contacts.

The game has always seemed to me incredibly creative and immersive with a vast variety of diverse content.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Yeah the game has a lot of content no question.  I don't think anyone said there wasn't.  Story content is only one part of the content though.  just poke through the forums here and you'll see all kinds of threads asking for more weapons, costume pieces, base items all over.  more stuff is a good thing. 

6 hours ago, ZacKing said:

I'm wondering how difficult it is to change some of the signs and textures they use to have different languages?

The billboards in the game were built to have rotating content on them so theoretically it may be possible to leverage that capability with relative ease.

Moving the billboard functionality to signs.. that could be a much bigger leap.