Fire/Storm Build help

emochimp83

Hi guys! 

Returning player from the old days, trying to work on my first returning build! Would anyone mind giving me some tips/help with tweaking this build? I don't solo much, I prefer running stuff with other people, so I mainly focused on perma hasten and thematic preferences over raw numbers. So yes, I literally planned around the powers I wanted and picking sets that gave recharge bonus. But I'm absolutely sure that some tweaking could be done to do better on this build than I've done, as I haven't messed with build making since back on live. So, any input is super appreciated! 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(15)
Level 1: Gale -- ScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ScrBls-Rchg/+End(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(3), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(3), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dam%(5)
Level 4: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Rgn-Knock%(9)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Frb-Stlth(17)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Aim -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdn-Dmg/Slow(25), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(43), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(43), TmpRdn-Acc/Dmg/Slow(46)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(19)
Level 20: Hurricane -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(21), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(21), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(25)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Thunder Clap -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(31), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(31), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(31), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc(37), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Thunder Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(45), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(45), ImpSki-Status(46)
Level 47: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(48), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(48), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(48), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(50), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Shocking Bolt -- Hold-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EnrMnp-EndMod(A), EnrMnp-EndMod/Rchg(15), EnrMnp-Stun%(17)
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Verdict Radial Flawless Genesis 
------------

3 hours ago, emochimp83 said:

Hi guys! 

Returning player from the old days, trying to work on my first returning build! Would anyone mind giving me some tips/help with tweaking this build? I don't solo much, I prefer running stuff with other people, so I mainly focused on perma hasten and thematic preferences over raw numbers. So yes, I literally planned around the powers I wanted and picking sets that gave recharge bonus. But I'm absolutely sure that some tweaking could be done to do better on this build than I've done, as I haven't messed with build making since back on live. So, any input is super appreciated! 

I strongly suggest you go water/storm as it has good ST, AOE, and it has a heal in dehydrate. Even with maxed s/l res and softcapped def, you are still going to want a way to heal. Also, beware of how much endurance storm uses, the only way I've found to keep up on a corruptor is the ageless destiny. You get some moderate end recov by slotting an end proc in tornado and lightning storm, but its not going to solve all your problems. 

12 minutes ago, Darkir said:

I strongly suggest you go water/storm as it has good ST, AOE, and it has a heal in dehydrate. Even with maxed s/l res and softcapped def, you are still going to want a way to heal. Also, beware of how much endurance storm uses, the only way I've found to keep up on a corruptor is the ageless destiny. You get some moderate end recov by slotting an end proc in tornado and lightning storm, but its not going to solve all your problems. 

Oh yeah, I'm super aware of the fun endurance problems of Storm. It was the main power I used in a lot of toons back during live, so I learned how to work around it. I considered going Water/Storm, but this one is a rebuild of my old main which was a Fire/Storm Controller so that's why I stuck with this combo. I will probably roll a Water/Storm the next time I start a new alt. lol 

3 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

If you scroll about halfway down the page you'll find another thread on fire/storm. Take note of the kb/kd enhances in stormy builds that will prevent you from causing mass knockbacks-much more team friendly builds. 

Do those enhancements change all the knockbacks to knockdowns, or just the powers they're slotted in? I want to say it's just the powers they're in, but might as well ask! 

• 3 weeks later

My Fire/Storm is at lvl 46 now.  Endurance management on Storm is a mini game all by itself.  

I strongly suggest for leveling:

Victory Rush from Leadership pool...it’s better than it gets credit for

P2W +Recovery temp buff....buy 8 hours worth

P2W Recovery Serum (Buy 50 charges)

Improved Recovery empowerment buff from SG

Combinations of all the above will tide you over until you can get your IO sets all slotted at 50 and get your Incarnate powers.  Fire/Storm can be a very high recharge build and if so, it will double your END issues.  Use everything at your disposal.

• Like 1

Hit vet level 12 last night, T4’d out all but Lore pets.   Softcapped Ranged and Melee and FINALLY got my END manageable thanks to Ageless.  

Re Water vs Fire, I may try a Water/Storm next, but honestly I never really missed the heal.  With high DEF and standing under Lightning Storm, you don’t really get hit all that often.  Grab the Accolades to get a little extra health and Fire/Storm is a pretty solid beast build for damage.  Seeing the screen covered with SCOURGE notifications during ITF’s has been gloriously fun.  I seldom even fire off my Judgement AOE as little survives my native powers.

I definitely need to tweak my build for more defense. I focused on recharge mainly to get hasten permanent(because I love firing everything off non stop) and it's already there with only half my enhancements purchased. I absolutely love the performance in a team setting, but I'm still too squishy to solo larger groups yet. I have Alpha up to T4 and Judgement and Interface are at 2 until I make some more money. 

I'm curious to see what your build looks like to see if I can steal any of your slotting practices! 

Here you go.  I based this on the other Fire/Storm builds elsewhere in the forums.  Then tweaked it just a bit based on my experience with my Thugs/Storm MM. 

It's been a beast of a build, far more durable than the "no healing" approach would have you think it would be.  I'm often last toon standing in 8 man groups.

NOTE: you'll be able to eek out a little more +DEF if you are willing to +5 boost all the LOTG's and not attune them.  I always build Attuned because I exemp down very often.  If you don't, and have the influence, it may be worth your time.  Also, you can get a bit more +TOHIT if you slot Tactics with a Cyto Hami-O, and even boost it.  But mind you that both of these offer only a BIT (like 1-1.5%) more than what I'm showing so I'm not sure it matters.

45% +DEF to Ranged/Melee, and 40% to E/NE

Resists are decent at 51% S/L

Recharge is permahasten and perma soul drain

Cons for some: No self heal, no other heal, no status protection.  Knockback is dealt with, however, at -8 mag.  

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 1: Gale -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Knock%(50), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit(50), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(50), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Tornado -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(50), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(50), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg(50)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
------------

Edited by Crysis

50 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Here you go.  I based this on the other Fire/Storm builds elsewhere in the forums.  Then tweaked it just a bit based on my experience with my Thugs/Storm MM. 

It's been a beast of a build, far more durable than the "no healing" approach would have you think it would be.  I'm often last toon standing in 8 man groups.

NOTE: you'll be able to eek out a little more +DEF if you are willing to +5 boost all the LOTG's and not attune them.  I always build Attuned because I exemp down very often.  If you don't, and have the influence, it may be worth your time.  Also, you can get a bit more +TOHIT if you slot Tactics with a Cyto Hami-O, and even boost it.  But mind you that both of these offer only a BIT (like 1-1.5%) more than what I'm showing so I'm not sure it matters.

Cons for some: No self heal, no other heal, no status protection.  Knockback is dealt with, however, at -8 mag.  

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Knock%(50), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit(50), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(50), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Tornado -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(50), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(50), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(50), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg(50)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
------------

Looks good! Two things I noticed, slot the Steadfast unique in Steamy Mist, it’s not much, but you’d get more enhancement value out of it being slotted there. I also noticed you didn’t slot the Shield Wall unique, pulling the LoTG Defense IO and slotting it there would yield better results. You’d lose 1% defense but gain 5% resist to all. Take one of the Achilles procs our and replace it with Annihilation -res proc. The Achilles procs don’t stack, but the Annihilation -res proc will stack with Achilles. Other than that this build looks stellar! There might also be some value in changing the slotting of Tactics and Aim, the build up proc goes off more than a few times in the time it takes Aim to recharge, just a thought! Although you get more control by having that proc in Aim.

Edited by cazden121

5 hours ago, cazden121 said:

Looks good! Two things I noticed, slot the Steadfast unique in Steamy Mist, it’s not much, but you’d get more enhancement value out of it being slotted there. I also noticed you didn’t slot the Shield Wall unique, pulling the LoTG Defense IO and slotting it there would yield better results. You’d lose 1% defense but gain 5% resist to all. Take one of the Achilles procs our and replace it with Annihilation -res proc. The Achilles procs don’t stack, but the Annihilation -res proc will stack with Achilles. Other than that this build looks stellar! There might also be some value in changing the slotting of Tactics and Aim, the build up proc goes off more than a few times in the time it takes Aim to recharge, just a thought! Although you get more control by having that proc in Aim.

Thanks for the tips, I didn’t realize Achilles wouldn’t stack.  Does it matter which power gets which -RES debuff proc?  

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

Thanks for the tips, I didn’t realize Achilles wouldn’t stack.  Does it matter which power gets which -RES debuff proc?  

I normally put both procs in my debuff rain power when playing Storm or Cold Dom. 

On 1/23/2020 at 1:32 PM, Crysis said:

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
------------

So, I completely stole the slotting from your build(with the changes Cazden suggested), except I kept my electric epic powers because I'm a sucker for a theme build. So far I have almost everything except for the purples slotted and it's already a noticeable difference in survival for me. 

1 hour ago, emochimp83 said:

So, I completely stole the slotting from your build(with the changes Cazden suggested), except I kept my electric epic powers because I'm a sucker for a theme build. So far I have almost everything except for the purples slotted and it's already a noticeable difference in survival for me. 

Well I "borrowed" from brighter minds than I so have at it!  I get the theme, I went with Dark because I'm a voodoo cursed pirate so Fire = cannon fire, Storm = wind powering my ship and Dark = Voodoo.  Your Power Sink and Shield are totally interchangeable with same from Dark mastery. 

I do really enjoy the perma-Soul Drain though.  I have base +25% damage with Assault Hybrid passive.  I toggle that on and I'm averaging over 100% damage bonus while it's up.  But with perma-soul drain, and I'm usually +4/x8 anyways, I maintain a steady +150%-160% +DMG bonus, and if I use Aim (with Gaussian +BUILDUP proc firing) it can easily spike up to +240% or more and even after Aim wears off I'm still at +150%+ for remainder of that spawn attack.  Then rinse/repeat for next.  Insane damage from the build, especially once you see all this damage output with Scourge in effect.

Enjoy the ride, it's a great powerset combination!