Mac user with bind_load_file issues

Autumn

Hello. I am a Mac user using Tequila 1.0.0.20 (32-bit) to run Homecoming in High Sierra 10.13.6. When I "Show Package Contents" in Applications, I see the below directory tree. I have been trying to bind_load_file C:\Games\coh\data\io.txt or lowercase "c" or just /bind_load_file io.txt with the file in /data/ or in the root of /coh/. No luck: always says "Unable to read in keybind file io.txt". Any suggestions on how I might type a valid path?

bindloadfileissue.jpg.6460c56a563d6b6567f00ac2a39a2a41.jpg

I believe part of the issue there is that Games is capitalised, at which point you get the clash between windows (ignoring case) and mac (requiring correct case).

Personally I have a keybinds directory at the same level as Games (ie off drive_c) and put all my bind files in there and then use

/bindloadfile c:\keybinds\io.txt

with no need for quoting, and at a much simpler/shallower path

(technically that keybind dir is actually a link to a directory under my home, which means I don't lose it if I do a clean re-install and forget)

1 hour ago, Ernesto said:

(technically that keybind dir is actually a link to a directory under my home, which means I don't lose it if I do a clean re-install and forget)

What I do is make sure I've got backup copies of all of my bind files saved to a different drive on my computer, just in case I not only need to do a clean re-install but also suffer a drive failure.  It's not hard to do copy/copy updates to that periodically after making any changes/updates to my bind files.  Slightly more complex than what you're describing, but also more crash resistant, so ... you get what you pay for I guess.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.