Ice Melee/ninjitsu

KaizenSoze

2 hours ago, BrandX said:

What Alpha did you go with?  I'm debating between Agility and Musculature.  Currently have Agility Tier 1.

Ice (and a few others) is a primary that I'd say that agility is a solid contender. The set relies on 2 good single target attacks and the fast AS is the slower animation (shared by the swords). 

You can slot 64% rech in Assassins icicle and still proc 90% (hide proc+agility = 56.19%)

You can slot 45% rech in freezing touch and still proc 90% (with the 2 purple damage procs).

Frozen aura procs ok at base rech and not much worse with agility. 

In the case of /nin it would help bring up your heal , caltrops, and the confuse faster as well as give you a bit of a leg up on defense. Additionally it would help your endurance a bit (though probably more than offset by the faster cycling heavy hitters).  Those are worth considering. 

You can't go wrong with hitting harder though, so musculature is a good choice too.

That said, I'd personally don't slot sets in my 1-2 heavy hitter attacks. Instead heavily favoring procs and zeroing in on the right balance of rech for optimizing the attack. But ymmv.