What am I doing wrong? AAAAAGHHHH

Jawbreaker

I finally figured out how to expand my base beyond the normal parameters, BUUUUT There's an invisible barrier that prevents me from dropping all the way to the original floor (Marked with the X in the pic) from the area above the original ceiling.  Is this not something I can get around?

My 2nd issue, can the reincarnation ring only work if you put it in an actual med bay?

Inkedfloorissue_LI.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

You can't drop items from above the original ceiling height into the rooms below. They have to be placed within the room from below that point. The easiest way I've found to get in there once you're up top (if you're not flying) is to double-click the floor to teleport there, but then it's a pain to get back outside the base to build above it again. As for the reincarnation ring, I BELIEVE it works above or below the base because everything else seems to, but you'd have to test it to be sure.

1 hour ago, kyothinks said:

You can't drop items from above the original ceiling height into the rooms below. They have to be placed within the room from below that point. The easiest way I've found to get in there once you're up top (if you're not flying) is to double-click the floor to teleport there, but then it's a pain to get back outside the base to build above it again. As for the reincarnation ring, I BELIEVE it works above or below the base because everything else seems to, but you'd have to test it to be sure.

^ This.  If you are "stuck" inside your base and your entrance portal is outside, just type /stuck and it will take you back out.

5 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

My 2nd issue, can the reincarnation ring only work if you put it in an actual med bay?

It will work from any room.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

^ This.  If you are "stuck" inside your base and your entrance portal is outside, just type /stuck and it will take you back out.

2 hours ago, kyothinks said:

Ahh ok, thank you for clearing that up

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:13 PM, kyothinks said:

The easiest way I've found to get in there once you're up top (if you're not flying) is to double-click the floor to teleport there, but then it's a pain to get back outside the base to build above it again.

I don't know if this is a glitch with my base or what, but I recently discovered I can use the Void Skiff to fly from the traditional base level to the outside if the ceiling is set to the open sky style and I'm in base edit mode. I don't even have anything built above I was flying up to hand position some ceiling details and I found myself outside! I was able to come back down in that room as well as 2 others that were "sky" style. I then went up and down, did a loop around the base and came back in. I toggled off the power and turned it back on and did it again.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

49 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

I don't know if this is a glitch with my base or what, but I recently discovered I can use the Void Skiff to fly from the traditional base level to the outside if the ceiling is set to the open sky style and I'm in base edit mode. I don't even have anything built above I was flying up to hand position some ceiling details and I found myself outside! I was able to come back down in that room as well as 2 others that were "sky" style. I then went up and down, did a loop around the base and came back in. I toggled off the power and turned it back on and did it again.

Yeah, this worked for me last week as well with the hoverboard. Previously, using regular old fly on a different character, I would get stuck at ceiling height and wouldn't be able to fly in or out. Now I'm not sure if that was a glitch with my base/my character or if I was just doing something wrong!

• Community Rep

It’s not a glitch, it’s the easiest way to get above or below the base confines so you can work. You remove the ceiling segments in a section, room, or whole base, and set the style to “open sky”, and then you can fly out while in edit mode, and this means via anything that lets you fly. You might want to check out my video series on base building, I explain the ins and outs and hows of building. 

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 1