Safe Mode Discontinuation Support - Windows

Jimmy

On 3/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, psp07 said:

In the costume creator I cannot change the second color, or for items like capes that have both an interior and exterior color, I can not switch to the second tab for the interior color.  The options are there on the screen but they do not respond to mouse clicks.  This is for both the 64 bit and 32 bit client.

I do not have this problem with the safe mode client.

Win10 running windowed mode.

Edit: oh, and I also cannot save the costume.  The box to enter the filename does not accept keyboard input.  Again, not a problem with the safe mode client.

FYI, I believe this is a high-DPI issue.  I was able to click on the color boxes and costume name field, but only if I clicked on the very top left corner of the color square, or text field in the case of the costume name.  So the clickable area does not 1:1 match with the displayed area on the screen..

• City Council
1 minute ago, psp07 said:

FYI, I believe this is a high-DPI issue.  I was able to click on the color boxes and costume name field, but only if I clicked on the very top left corner of the color square, or text field in the case of the costume name.  So the clickable area does not 1:1 match with the displayed area on the screen..

Thanks, I'll put it on the list to take a look.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

"An Open GL driver for your card cannot be found."

iMac (32 bit) i7 quad core.  8 gigs ram.  Running PC in Boot Camp.

GPU. Nvidia 680MX.

I'm probably going to get a new rig.  But in the mean time, I was wondering if I could run CoH off the cpu alone.

*withdrawal symptoms. 🙂

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

I was only able to play through safe mode before it was removed and the game performed fine in safe mode but trying 64 bit or 32 bit gives me this same issue at the title screen. The music is still playing at the screen and hovering over the title screen buttons still makes sound as if the game is still running fine. I've tried reinstalling Tequila and updating drivers but nothing changes. I'm not very knowledgeable with computer things so forgive me. 

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD Quad-Core A12-9700P

AMD Radeon R8 M445DX

Capture.thumb.PNG.eff1acb8d91ff8f74448f71ff00cbb14.PNG

• Game Master
12 minutes ago, shmokeys said:

I was only able to play through safe mode before it was removed and the game performed fine in safe mode but trying 64 bit or 32 bit gives me this same issue at the title screen. The music is still playing at the screen and hovering over the title screen buttons still makes sound as if the game is still running fine. I've tried reinstalling Tequila and updating drivers but nothing changes. I'm not very knowledgeable with computer things so forgive me. 

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD Quad-Core A12-9700P

AMD Radeon R8 M445DX

Open Tequila, click on Options, and in launch parameters, type "-gfxreset".  Does that clear anything up?

If it does, set the graphics how you like it, and quit.  Then go back to Options in Tequila and clear the launch parameters box.  The graphics should then be what you last set them to be.

If it doesn't, I'm guessing there's a driver issue with your graphics card.  Might need to update it.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

3 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Open Tequila, click on Options, and in launch parameters, type "-gfxreset".  Does that clear anything up?

If it does, set the graphics how you like it, and quit.  Then go back to Options in Tequila and clear the launch parameters box.  The graphics should then be what you last set them to be.

If it doesn't, I'm guessing there's a driver issue with your graphics card.  Might need to update it.

Thanks I got into the game and everything!

The "-gfxreset" started the game in windowed and I had to change the resolution to 1024 x 768 even though my computer is 1920 x 1080. Does that sound right? I believe that's what I set it to in safe mode but I just want to know if that's relatively normal.

The only real problem is that it didn't save the settings after I cleared the launch parameters. I'm fine with leaving "-gfxreset" in the launch parameters and just changing the resolution every time unless there is a way to save the settings

• Game Master
18 minutes ago, shmokeys said:

Thanks I got into the game and everything!

The "-gfxreset" started the game in windowed and I had to change the resolution to 1024 x 768 even though my computer is 1920 x 1080. Does that sound right? I believe that's what I set it to in safe mode but I just want to know if that's relatively normal.

The only real problem is that it didn't save the settings after I cleared the launch parameters. I'm fine with leaving "-gfxreset" in the launch parameters and just changing the resolution every time unless there is a way to save the settings

That's why you need to get rid of it at the end, otherwise, it'll KEEP resetting you to 1024x768 each restart.  Once it's gone, your graphics settings will stay the same session to session.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

1 hour ago, GM Tahquitz said:

That's why you need to get rid of it at the end, otherwise, it'll KEEP resetting you to 1024x768 each restart.  Once it's gone, your graphics settings will stay the same session to session.

Sorry, I mean "-gfxreset" starts the game in windowed and it runs fine. Changing to 1024 x 768 is the only resolution that will let me play at fullscreen. I want to save the resolution to 1024x768.

I've played with the settings and am kinda confused again. I can use -gfxreset, start the game in windowed mode, clear the launch parameter, exit the game and it does save the windowed setting like you said. Every time I start up the game it runs fine starting in windowed mode. If I change the setting to 1024x768, I am able to play the game fine at fullscreen. But when I exit the game and start it again I get the same graphical issue. It seems like the only way to actually start the game is in windowed mode

15 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

I'm in Windows 'Safe Mode.'

I've put the -gfxreset in the Options launch parameters...it won't have it.

I'm guessing my GPU is fried (as it doesn't let me launch in safe mode in Mac but will in Windows.) 

But I would have thought I could run in safe mode despite impaired resolution or performance?

Azrael.

• Game Master

Boot Camp, Azrael?  Should have said that first!

On 4/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, Golden Azrael said:

iMac (32 bit) i7 quad core.  8 gigs ram.  Running PC in Boot Camp.

Oh, wait, you did.  😄

NVidia's driver should work to install in a Windows 10 partition.  From what I'm reading on Reddit, it installs just like it does on a Windows system, but with some quirks.

Edited by GM Tahquitz

• 5 months later
On 10/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, Floweryjoker33 said:

Created Games folder, and City of Heroes folder.

Loaded Tequila, into the City of Heroes folder, done

Run Tequila as admin. started, problem comes as it starts to download. Thats when it just stops, closes. nothing more happens

Help please.

What is the path you're installing to?  IE: Recommended path is anything like C:\Games\COH\Tequila where the last folder houses the game files. You shouldn't have to run Tequila as Admin, but it's a good test.

Common things that'll block the download are network issue, your AV/Firewall, installed in a protected folder. Additionally, if this is not related to the topic (Safe Mode), then you'll want to search the known troubleshooting threads or create your own.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)