Jimmy

Safe Mode Discontinuation Support - Mac OS X

Lydimaster, I am having the same issues with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 as well.

I suspect Island Rum uses a different process for us, and that's why Choake's fix doesn't apply to El Capitan or earlier.

In an older thread Manga says:

"If you leave both of those (CoH.app and City of Heroes app) out of Applications, Island Rum will ask you to install a Game Client.  It will install Wine if you're using macOS > 10.11, or Wineskin if you're using other macOS.  The Wine install will be in a "wine" folder inside /Applications/coh, and Wineskin will be an app called "CoH.app" in Applications."

When I clear everything and re-run Island Rum, it creates both CoH.app and an empty folder named "coh" in /Applications. The CoH.app has contents in it's package but the coh folder has nothing. This makes me think it's using Wineskin instead of Wine. So updating Wine doesn't solve our issues.

Edited by Garble

2 hours ago, Garble said:

Lydimaster, I am having the same issues with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 as well.

I suspect Island Rum uses a different process for us, and that's why Choake's fix doesn't apply to El Capitan or earlier.

In an older thread Manga says:

"If you leave both of those (CoH.app and City of Heroes app) out of Applications, Island Rum will ask you to install a Game Client.  It will install Wine if you're using macOS > 10.11, or Wineskin if you're using other macOS.  The Wine install will be in a "wine" folder inside /Applications/coh, and Wineskin will be an app called "CoH.app" in Applications."

When I clear everything and re-run Island Rum, it creates both CoH.app and an empty folder named "coh" in /Applications. The CoH.app has contents in it's package but the coh folder has nothing. This makes me think it's using Wineskin instead of Wine. So updating Wine doesn't solve our issues.

Well, having done it twice yesterday, I can confirm that Island Rum is indeed downloading Wineskin instead of Wine. Have you found any work-arounds?