will homecoming be able to make new content?

cparks70402

5 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

A lot depends on the provisions of any deal made. One thing I feel fairly confident of is that it won't involve a rollback of what Homecoming has already added. There's just no point to forcing a rollback to i23 when the work's already been done. While it might freeze any additional new content beyond that, I also think that outcome is unlikely (other than possible provisions like not being able to use the existing signature characters in new content).

also may not be possible, there are no i23 source files out there (the suggestion from one of the earlier negotiation teams (I could be wrong here, my memory isn't what it was, and it was never much)) was that NC soft themselves only had the latest of the builds (the i24 beta)

as to non-profits paying staff, yes this is a thing exactly as you say, however HC would need income to cover that, and since they've said they wont charge to play that means there income will stay as is based on donations, personally having my income reliant on internet donations would make me nervous about my living expenses,  my personal expectation would be continued volunteering, with perhaps paid set piece work, certainly the easiest way to administer it in my opinion anyway

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!