Share Mission Maps You Want Added Here!

13 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Space/Moon

To echo these thoughts, I'd REALLY love to have a type of zone/area that features unique mission maps for the Rikti home world (would be a really neat idea for incarnate content especially with Hero 1) going to the actual Rikti temples the priests reside in and seeing it fully fleshed out. Totally a nightmare to code, not realistic, but I do think if down the line when we get more resources/volunteers this would make for an extremely interesting addition! I know that there was a lot of talk about such a zone during live, sad that it never really came to fruition. 

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Space/Moon

Somewhat of an asside to this:  WINDOWS.

I recently did the Anti Matter Collision / Instant Army Arc, in which several of the missions involve sneaking onto Anti-Matters Space Station, and it kind of disappointed me that other than the fact that you are specifically told you are on a space station, there is no actual indication that you are.  It is pure generic "high tech lab".  I mean, imagine how cool it would be if you could add windows looking out on space with earth floating in the background to a couple of the sections of "High Tech Lab" used in the mission.

Which brings me to another question:  Why does it appear that literally no building in all of paragon city has exterior windows?   Like, can anyone actually recall a single tileset that has a window in it that looks out on an exterior view?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SurfD said:

Somewhat of an asside to this:  WINDOWS.

I recently did the Anti Matter Collision / Instant Army Arc, in which several of the missions involve sneaking onto Anti-Matters Space Station, and it kind of disappointed me that other than the fact that you are specifically told you are on a space station, there is no actual indication that you are.  It is pure generic "high tech lab".  I mean, imagine how cool it would be if you could add windows looking out on space with earth floating in the background to a couple of the sections of "High Tech Lab" used in the mission.

Which brings me to another question:  Why does it appear that literally no building in all of paragon city has exterior windows?   Like, can anyone actually recall a single tileset that has a window in it that looks out on an exterior view?

I feel your pain, see my earlier space station map suggestion.

the interesting thing about a lack of windows in office spaces is that they do not even make just opaque windows you can’t see out of even though they exist in even the older warehouse map sets. I do see one of the issues being that city of heroes mission map Tilesets are permafrost by using procedural generator from a selection of parts, then a human dev went through and made sure the pieces completely lined up. From there one can extrapolate windows were not included because it’s too easy to have windows that “face out” in impossible ways.

however, there are a few maps that avert this and do have windows, noteably, two are single room missions (Cleopatra  and Odysseus’s office seen in Responsibilities arc and Mortimer Kal SF respectively with appropriate outdoor scenery, though the offices themselves are almost identical aside from praetorian propaganda), the other is the top floor of Marchand’s office in a villa inside Ouro arc. (Which was partially recycled for the new vigilante arc made by the SCORE team).

the last big exception being the new Kallisti Wharf offices currently only viewable (and useable) in mission architect.

• Like 2

Actually, that does remind me of one interesting use of windowed area / external space.   There is an Arc (Villain side i think) which involves tracking down the Praetorian version of Tub Ci and Penny Yin, where you start off in an Office complex, then work your way to a "penthouse" map complete with large glass sunroom (?) that opens onto a balcony complete with external cityscape.   Having more of that kind of thing show up in missions would be amazing.

• Like 2

The Supers prison set from when you free Director 11. 

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

16 minutes ago, Darmian said:

The Supers prison set from when you free Director 11. 

I suppose that counts, though the only "open air" section is the final map piece that basically just takes place on the roof of the Zig where you fight against Blue Steel.   Sort of similar to a few Praetorian missions where you fight your way through an office or lab and the final fight "set piece" takes place on a rooftop.   Almost all of them are one off uses of a Roof, rather than a proper map element.  Heck, you could even include the final fight at the end of the Night Ward arc in that as well, since it takes place on an "instanced" version of the Tower Roof.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, biostem said:

I would like to see some residential home maps and/or some sort of shopping mall ones. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:30 PM, oedipus_tex said:

A mall. 

A huge mega mall with a 2 level food court, an attached movie complex & some scenic views would be great.

400010475_MegaMallCollage1.thumb.jpg.c305f4b8dfc4f6360da0ba872a2c4ff5.jpg

2114711844_MegaMallCollage2.thumb.jpg.8305efa1b0c18a494b52e87f2500a316.jpg

42860462_MegaMallMovieEntrance.thumb.png.bfa20240640409dc87ae7f6fca23bf96.png

860600648_MegaMallCollage3.thumb.jpg.b9e1e9f9323371999c4b74a82d61f73f.jpg

I'd settle for a building with windows you could look outside of, and see an approximately correct landscape in.

Or an office building with Stairs as well as elevators, and the stairwells and elevators are right on top of each other.

But since those will never happen  🙂

Moon + Moonbase map.   As soon as you enter it, you are constantly under the effect of Inertial Reduction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

The inside of the First Ward train station. Easily done. And possibly connected to the train wreck seen at the end of the Praetorian tutorial.

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Some of the maps from Who Will Die would be good. The alternate mansion, the prison holding Malaise (looks like base parts so that should not be unduly hard), the ruined temple and the area of Warburg with Blitz. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

As a tangent, how many maps of Kallisti Wharf are hidden in the code? Having taken part in an arena PvP the stadium option drops you right into that section of KW.

13 hours ago, Darmian said:

As a tangent, how many maps of Kallisti Wharf are hidden in the code? Having taken part in an arena PvP the stadium option drops you right into that section of KW.

you know, that's a very good question. To my knowledge there's only the kallisti office maps, I had no idea about there being kallisti PVP maps.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, Sakura Tenshi said:

you know, that's a very good question. To my knowledge there's only the kallisti office maps, I had no idea about there being kallisti PVP maps.

Yep. It's the half built stadium building in the northern section of Old Slough. 

My further thought is: was it a proposed mission map? And echoing my earlier query, are there more of them?

• 2 months later

Dollface's Manison.  We have Manticore's so why not this one? Admittedly you have a large portrait of her on one wall, but you can ignore that.

Adding to this with some other posts made made on the forums since last posts:

• Outdoor maps using the islands off the coasts of Talos and Peregrine
  • Outdoor maps set in the Rogue Isles (so far there only seems to be the PTS, Aeon City which I'm not 100% sure on, grandville, and part of Nerva Archipelago's forests)

On 5/28/2020 at 6:57 AM, 0th Power said:

I guess we have the ski slopes for the Xmas event. But a hockey rink would be cool. 

It's not set up to be a rink, but the lake to the east of the hospital in Steel Canyon gets frozen over during the winter event. Adding the rink markings would be straightforward, but the code to allow playing hockey on it is more problematic.

Edit: wow, forgot my own thread and was thinking of AE maps. I mean, I'd love to see these map ideas in AE too, but I just remembered part of this was hoping to see such maps also being used in main stories or even to spice up radios/newspapers and tip mission maps. Or really really old TFs.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi

• 2 weeks later

Another idea occurred to me a few days ago, a map idea I’m amazed was never a mainstay on live given this game is built around cape comic book tropes.

we need some proper construction site mission maps. They would probably need to basically be outdoor maps revolving around a single building framework with floors in varying states of completion. Could even have multiple building projects. The tricky part is of course the spaces surrounding the buildings which would need to be generic low res cityscape, or possibly take an existing outdoor city map, wipe a building or three from it, and then shrink the boundaries a bit. Alternatively or in addition to this we could have under construction interiors using the office map geometries with best assets to make it look like it’s under construction or renovation.

• Like 1

The Atlas Park map from one of the Positron TFs.  Where you face your evil doubles. It's got an interior space, always nice, and more to the point it's the current day version of Atlas rather than the historic one.