Charging for Powerlevelling to level 50

Queen Nefertiti

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I had a huge amount of pleasure and satisfaction in creating my build, why would I take that away from you by giving you the end result of my work?  If you want to be Power-leveled... if you want someone else to make a build for you ... 

You seriously don't share your build with anyone, even with someone asking for help? That's being awfully stingy. Your build is not good enough to keep secret. 

Edited by Corruption
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mitchman said:

Different strokes for different folks.

If that is what people enjoy doing then good on them. I find it weird when people try and tell other people how to play the game. Some people LOVE AE, some people do not. If you want to spend your influence on being PL'd then do it.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Power levelling I find ridiculous. In this game more so than in any MMO. Now, for base redesign? THAT would be worth 30 million inf. 8-]

Getting good enough to make one that looks like anything but a big warehouse full of shelves and benches would take way more time than getting to 50.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, quixoteprog said:

Power levelling I find ridiculous. In this game more so than in any MMO. Now, for base redesign? THAT would be worth 30 million inf. 8-]

Getting good enough to make one that looks like anything but a big warehouse full of shelves and benches would take way more time than getting to 50.

Oh lordy yes. I have seen some stunning bases since they became free to build and maintain. True palaces of delight with some real care and thought put into them. The hours it must have taken and the imagination is breathtaking. Mine is as you described, a giant warehouse full of shelves and storage bins 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corruption said:

You seriously don't share your build with anyone, even with someone asking for help? That's being awfully stingy. Your build is not good enough to keep secret. 

You seriously didn't read my statement as to why I don't share my build.  I never said I keep it secret because I think it's good.  I didn't even say it was good,

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

In addition to the Contacts' stories, I enjoy the risk and thrill involved with going to a zone a bit too high just so I can snag the Exploration badges.  Get in, "steal" the badge, get out alive.  Sometimes, on the edge of my seat, a brief fight is involved to delay the targets while I escape.  But dying on top of the badge is like a drink thrown in your face.

I've done this with my Stalker's Hide on.  Afterward I felt like I was wasting my time.  No real achievement.

To each they're own.  But I don't Insta-50.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Having seen the game about 60 times on live, I would prefer to start characters at a level where I think the game is fun. YMMV

Pretty much this. Some chars are urrgh before level 22 so ive no issue PLing through the pain. Or an End recovery power I desperately need (glares at Elec Armour)

I'm almost at 50 on my completionist solo run, which I have just been playing casually.

I still will have roughly 1/2 the arcs to go, maybe a little less.  And all the modern TF versions yet.

And of course made hundreds of millions already from turning merits into converters and selling them. 

I also have an insane number of temp powers. 

So I guess that is the opposite of Power Leveling.

• Like 2

OP is from Indomitable I see.

10 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

Pink Pussycat and Blue Barracuda

Blue B I might of had a minor PL and see you chat all the time.

10 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

Twisted Visage

Sick in the head, guy crunches numbers that puts super computers to shame.  Last week he ran a free farm, to get your own X Primar/Fire brute of your choice on a second account and to pay it forward.  It did cost me 3 boosters as a tip.

I also have the exact same build he has for this new brute, SS/Fire.  Foot stomp is down to about 4 seconds or just under from what he said, from 20 recharge base 😝.  Just can't afford it yet.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, Mitchman said:

Different strokes for different folks.

If that is what people enjoy doing then good on them. I find it weird when people try and tell other people how to play the game. Some people LOVE AE, some people do not. If you want to spend your influence on being PL'd then do it.

Same. I'd also like to add "to a point". With regards to PL and farming, I get a sense that right now it helps the community more than it hurts it.  So I'm ok with it.  I also like the fact that farming and PL's are more transparent now.  There are guides if you want to do it yourself so idm if people don't want to read / take the time and pay for being PL'd. 

I also love the fact that this is a non-profit system that doesn't prevent people from doing things for fear of ruining the profitability of the game.  I think a lot of people don't realise how many nerfs and "fixes" go into games because the publishers want to make more money off their playerbase, and not because they think players will actually enjoy more.  Allowing farming and PL's to better see how it affects the community instead of immediate bans and nerfs is far more interesting to me.

• Like 1

I've never understood the whole Pling to 50 thing, but whatever.

I will say that I see a lot more people looking for and finding teams sub 50.  So why are people PLing to 50?  I don't think it's PvP.  I don't think it's incarnate content.  Is it to make Ouro content easier?  If so, why not just do it the first time?  I'm honestly puzzled.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

I was wondering what other people thought about the whole situation

If someone wants to charge others who have the inf and are ok with paying for it, I don't see the problem.  The whole mention of PL'ers charging are "exploiting" people is just silly.  People with the inf are getting what they paid for.  If they feel it's too much, then they'll find someone who will do it cheaper.  Zero exploitation.

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

You seriously didn't read my statement as to why I don't share my build.  I never said I keep it secret because I think it's good.  I didn't even say it was good,

I read it and discounted it as a stupid reason. Honestly, I think the idea of anyone keeping a build secret for any reason is dumb.

As far as the topic at hand, I don't PL anyone for free or for a fee, except friends. The only times I farm now are to PL myself, since I have so much inf and drops by just playing the game with my 50's.

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I've never understood the whole Pling to 50 thing, but whatever.

I will say that I see a lot more people looking for and finding teams sub 50.  So why are people PLing to 50?  I don't think it's PvP.  I don't think it's incarnate content.  Is it to make Ouro content easier?  If so, why not just do it the first time?  I'm honestly puzzled.

There's an appeal to being able to access all of the games content from the start. I PL all of my characters to 50 for the most part, specifically for this reason. 

4 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I personally would be reluctant to share my full builds with someone, mainly because they are focused on the way I play, and likely to hurt someone elses enjoyment of the game more than anything else, I specifically build in as non a min max way as possible, so noone asking for build info is going to want it anyway 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

2 hours ago, Corruption said:

There's an appeal to being able to access all of the games content from the start. I PL all of my characters to 50 for the most part, specifically for this reason. 

of course the fact that all the content you exemp to is automatically easier has nothing to do with it...

(I'm more teasing than anything, don't take it seriously)

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

7 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I say frack off to anyone charging for PLing. If it seems to become a growing trend I will once again push for an auto level 50 option at P2W which Id much prefer over seeing people exploiting others in game for such an option.

The inference of "exploit" you're attempting to use here is a totally false one as there is no one taking unfair advantage over anyone.  If someone has the in-game financial means and feels the service they are receiving is worth the price they are paying, then there is no exploitation whatsoever. 

Someone is getting power levelled to 50 if they are using P2W or another player.  The end result is the same, so I do not see the perceived problem here. 

44 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

I personally would be reluctant to share my full builds with someone, mainly because they are focused on the way I play, and likely to hurt someone elses enjoyment of the game more than anything else, I specifically build in as non a min max way as possible, so noone asking for build info is going to want it anyway 😄

I don't share them because its just too much damn work to put it into mids and then move it here.

So F it ..  /jranger on sharing builds due to laziness and or ADHD 

Just now, Haijinx said:

I don't share them because its just too much damn work to put it into mids and then move it here.

So F it ..  /jranger on sharing builds due to laziness and or ADHD 

well thats my main reason to, I was just trying to make myself sound nobler

which I just ruined, oops

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!