Charging for Powerlevelling to level 50

Queen Nefertiti

1 minute ago, SeraphimKensai said:

If they offer their services at a price and that price if agreed upon by a potential customer then to each their own..no one is forcing that person to pay for that service they are choosing to accept the terms and conditions established by the person offering services.

the big question that hasn't been answered as far as I've seen, did anyone take them up on it?  honestly, I would be surprised if anyone did, considering how full of farmers AE is, it would only take a few minutes to find yourself someone to let you doorsit for bubkis.   Asking a ridiculous price doesn't really do much but make you look greedy if no-one is willing to pay it

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Ooo a request for opinions!

Folks should be and are able to play how they want.

If someone wants to trade a buddy some leveling assistance, no problem.

If someone is generous enough to help some strangers out, good on them.

If someone wants to sell power leveling, farmed enhancements or accounts for real world money... whoa hold on, that's a problem.

Somewhere, I believe there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. That seems to be the general consensus.

In my opinion that line starts with broadcasting in global channels.

If someone broadcasts an offer to trade farm runs, I have no problem with that. If someone sends a private tell to the person offering trades and says they be willing to pay.. I don't really have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with folks using the farm channels or super groups that power level members.

Broadcasting the selling of power-leveling = more broadcasting requests to pay for power leveling, which eventually = someone trading real world $$.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Having seen the game about 60 times on live, I would prefer to start characters at a level where I think the game is fun. YMMV.

I start them with a full IO build compliment    waiting in trays (and a few in AE) before a single point of experience is even earned. At that point, the game begins for that character.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

9 hours ago, Lockpick said:

You may be missing out on some very good content.  There are some very good missions in AE; they are not all farms.

As I recall, Mercedes Lackey had an AE arc or two back before The Snap. I wonder if she’s in here somewhere.

4 hours ago, Corruption said:

I read it and discounted it as a stupid reason.

Well, at least that's a better response then making up your own reason for me saying what I said and then telling me that reason was stupid.  

So... let's see.. first you make up something I didn't say, and then attack me for being "stingy" and arrogance for thinking my build is too good to share.  Pretty close to the definition of a strawman argument.

Then when I point out that what you attacked was not my reason, you say that my stated reason was "stupid" all reasons for not sharing builds are "dumb." 

Would you care to actually defend that position with something other than name calling and mean words?  Or don't you have anything of real substance to say?

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

As I recall, Mercedes Lackey had an AE arc or two back before The Snap. I wonder if she’s in here somewhere.

If she is, she is now keeping a very low profile in game after the Doxing she got in April, which is fair enough

There is some gold in AE, but it's almost impossible to find under the avalanche of farms, which is why I want a split of AE somehow, so we can find the story missions without having to wade through thousands of farms

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

12 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

If she is, she is now keeping a very low profile in game after the Doxing she got in April, which is fair enough

There is some gold in AE, but it's almost impossible to find under the avalanche of farms, which is why I want a split of AE somehow, so we can find the story missions without having to wade through thousands of farms

Put a farm friendly AE on a farm in Croatoa 

13 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

Now, something like that would a great thing to come out of this conversation.

• Like 1

Just now, boggo2300 said:

plus it has something for everyone, makes life easier for the farmers as well

I guess you could put the story friendly AE in the University Libraries. 

Less cows, but probably easier since the story seekers will be the smaller group.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I guess you could put the story friendly AE in the University Libraries. 

Less cows, but probably easier since the story seekers will be the smaller group.

I'm starting to worry about your obsession with cows, especially in Croatoa as I thought all the farms there were Pumpkin... try and send a signal if you need help

apart from that I kinda like that idea, you could call the story ae's history lessons or such 😄

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

I'm starting to worry about your obsession with cows, especially in Croatoa as I thought all the farms there were Pumpkin... try and send a signal if you need help

apart from that I kinda like that idea, you could call the story ae's history lessons or such 😄

Oh pumpkin farms.

So they should have lumpy headed kids carrying blankets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

Every year the Great Pumpkin Rises to reward those whose belief is the most sincere.

I don't care what Sally says.   

I'm thinking thats a cultural reference that I don't get, though Sally rarely says more than oooph as her sole hp is stolen away by some attack that probably killed her 1000 times over

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

9 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

Oh lordy yes. I have seen some stunning bases since they became free to build and maintain. True palaces of delight with some real care and thought put into them. The hours it must have taken and the imagination is breathtaking. Mine is as you described, a giant warehouse full of shelves and storage bins 🙂

Devs need to put on some Base build contests like there are costume contests.

I global ignore anyone and everyone who asks for PLs in LFG chat. I will also be ignoring anyone who charges people for power levels. I'm not a fan of PLing people for reasons, however, if you are going to offer to PL somebody, do it for free. It takes a certain kind of personality to beg on LFG chat and it takes a special kind of personality to charge players for it. Neither of which I wish to team with.