Homecoming Screenshots Thread

• 4 weeks later

I found a handful of spots, mainly in the "office" maps, where the lighting glitches out in the corners of certain rooms, leaving a completely black background. This can result in some interesting effects:

2133892293_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.01-14_48_38_84.thumb.png.7542d4d261175c9cf642d0eb8b57a85f.png

1990887847_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_03.26-15_51_42_70.thumb.png.2dfbecfb4972e26da0df81ad6efdeaa3.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
23 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Redundant and archaic communication technology, circa 2021 😁

image.thumb.png.c4ee4dc84854e3e36144f680bdf4cb66.png

One is local cell tower-based, one is satellite-based. 😉   Though the handheld...well, now that I see it up close, I'm thinking the AN/PRC-6 "Handie Talkie" of the Korean War was smaller than that monstrosity. 

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

One is local cell tower-based, one is satellite-based. 😉   Though the handheld...well, now that I see it up close, I'm thinking the AN/PRC-6 "Handie Talkie" of the Korean War was smaller than that monstrosity. 

Right! I'm thinking that sucker weighs at least 20lbs - not to mention the fact that satellite phones are now as small as a normal cellphone (though they still have those long antennas lol). I feel bad for the radio operator who has to lug two of those things around for the boss, along with extra batteries, antennas, and a spare hand mike in case the buttons get stuck. Nevermind the fact that the sweet looking headset with antenna and extended microphone could probably get the job done by itself!

• Like 1

1LAbri8.png

This is an extraordinarily OLD Screenshot. I think circa 2004-2005. And it shows that Nemesis (and the staff) used to be a combo of Brass and CHROME colors! Or maybe gold and silver? In any case - this is what the initial look for him was when the game first launched. 

I don't know about any of you - but when I see this I realize I kinda miss this original look.

• Like 1
On 7/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, Glacier Peak said:

Redundant and archaic communication technology, circa 2021 😁

image.thumb.png.c4ee4dc84854e3e36144f680bdf4cb66.png

I work for a "world class" corporation and the last Nokia flip phone work phones were only recently replaced. Crey must be the same but worse. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
11 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

1LAbri8.png

This is an extraordinarily OLD Screenshot. I think circa 2004-2005. And it shows that Nemesis (and the staff) used to be a combo of Brass and CHROME colors! Or maybe gold and silver? In any case - this is what the initial look for him was when the game first launched. 

I don't know about any of you - but when I see this I realize I kinda miss this original look.

That is a remarkably clear shot for being that old.

Oh jebus, he appeared RIGHT THERE.  I am soooo dead.  Or fired (level 50 Goldsider Loyalist to the left of him) "No, boss, TOTALLY covering your flank! Big thumbs up!"

screenshot_210719-17-55-57.thumb.jpg.b1016b1291a03ae50782c06f2d52b31d.jpg

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079)Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) 

Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) | Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*

The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403)* | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140)* The Eve of War (Arc id 41583)*

*Pre War Praetorian Loyalist. * Pre War Praetorian Resistance.

It's really really difficult these days to find the original Cryptic Studios Logo. At least in a fairly reasonable size. This is the best I could do. But I draw your attention to the logo - and then to THIS PARTICULAR ANGLE on the Hell Forge in Sharkhead Isle. 

Coincidence? I think NOT! :D

screenshot_210626-02-06-37.jpg

Cryptic_logo_old.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
On 7/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, Dynamo-Joe said:

It's really really difficult these days to find the original Cryptic Studios Logo. At least in a fairly reasonable size. This is the best I could do. But I draw your attention to the logo - and then to THIS PARTICULAR ANGLE on the Hell Forge in Sharkhead Isle. 

Coincidence? I think NOT! 😄

Deliberate Easter Egg from back in the OG days,

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

qtgC9Kf.jpg

Doesn't-Matter Bomb. The bomb politely annihilates itself.

Found while fighting a mob near a support column in Gordon Trench, Terra Volta, 

Edited by huang3721
additional info
  • Haha 2
On 7/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, Darmian said:

I am soooo dead.

Emperor Cole is a very reasonable man. At worst, he would probably reassign you as Neuron's new assistant (read: guinea pig).

No worries!

• Haha 1
On 7/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Dynamo-Joe said:

It's really really difficult these days to find the original Cryptic Studios Logo. At least in a fairly reasonable size.

The Cage Consortum sign in Pocket D at the Sharkhead exit is pretty much the old logo with "Cryptic Studios" replaced with "Cage Consortum".  It's also lower rez for sure but it's nearly 1-to-1.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.