Making Kinetic Melee Work

Pbuckley818

15 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

One other nice thing about Kinetic Melee on a Stalker (unless HC changed it; I haven't tried the set since the game came back) is that Burst always deals a Critical Hit when Hidden, unlike most Stalker AoEs.  This means you're packing a consistently usable area attack about on-par in terms of damage as a Corruptor nuke (albeit with a much smaller radius).  Not exactly to be sneezed at.

Yes, it's in the message you quoted.

I have kinetic melee on a scrapper and a tanker.  The scrapper was originally a speedster in concept, which I tried to make using KM and Radiation armor.  The speedster business does not work all that well in practice - a very fast moving character will slow you down on Council maps - but the character still became a favorite because of easily adequate sustain, toughness, and damage.  The PBAoE attack is quite satisfying.  The tanker is a witch hunter, and having him attack with goofy spellcaster gestures also works well for concept. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

My main is a km/ea stalker. He has enough +rech to only use t2 and t3 attacks. My rotations usually starts with BU, t9, BU, AS, Moonbeam, t2+t3 till i have 3 stacks of AF, AS, t9 (if hidden). The idea is to sprinkle in as many BUs and Moonbeams as possible, everytime AS procs hidden, you basicly have BU. With the Gaussian proc in BU, you can sometimes stack a bunch of BUs.

I just leveled my KM/Nin scrapper to 50 and I am having a blast playing it.  Overall I like the set and the animations are very pretty.  My two minor gripes are the animation speed being just a bit too slow and I do not care for how the boost from Power Siphon works.  Other than those, I found it to be a very solid set.

4 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

The main thing that kills Kin Melee for me is just the sounds...I absolutely cannot stand the sounds...if it was less race car and more air controlly I think it would have been a lot better in my personal opinion.

I like the sounds. The last attack where the toon inexplicably puts both hands in the air and then rotates them in a huge circle?  Wtf

• Like 1

KM absolutely slaps on a stalker.  The two big selling points are first that Kinetic Melee's Assassin's strike is the fastest in the game at 0.67 seconds, and that Burst is a guaranteed crit from Hide, so there's two ways that KM is stronger on a stalker compared to other ATs.  You also get a complete attack chain very early as your T1+T2+T3+AS is all you need for single target.  Concentrated Strike is unfortunately pretty bad for sustained DPS so unless you're fighting things that die in 2-3 hits anyway it brings you down a lot.  Focused Burst is a decent ranged attack as well if you want the ability to play from range and supplement your patron pool powers, but like CS you'd take it for utility/fun/concept and not for its damage.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

The main thing that kills Kin Melee for me is just the sounds...I absolutely cannot stand the sounds...if it was less race car and more air controlly I think it would have been a lot better in my personal opinion.

Yes! If only I could find the original sounds it had right before it went live. I can't even remember what they sounded like anymore, but I remember liking it and then the sounds changed to the racecar sounds with no explanation and was pushed live not long after.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

On 1/14/2020 at 9:34 AM, Trickshooter said:

Yes! If only I could find the original sounds it had right before it went live. I can't even remember what they sounded like anymore, but I remember liking it and then the sounds changed to the racecar sounds with no explanation and was pushed live not long after.

Easy solution: just pretend that your character is a race car enthusiast! Imagine them running around saying “NYYYYEEEERRRM” and “VRRROOOOOM” whenever they use a skill.

wish I had heard the old sounds though. I wonder what they were like.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

3 hours ago, Safehouse said:

Easy solution: just pretend that your character is a race car enthusiast! Imagine them running around saying “NYYYYEEEERRRM” and “VRRROOOOOM” whenever they use a skill.

wish I had heard the old sounds though. I wonder what they were like.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Lines said:

I replaced some of the sounds with ones from Reichsman's powersets. They match up excellently and are far less intrusive.

I’m not familiar with Reichsmans powers actually. What do they sound like as opposed to KM sounds?

Main/Planned Characters:

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

If it hasn’t been made yet I suddenly feel the need to create a speed racer style character with KM (of course) and super speed. His bio will just say “vroom, vroom, screeeeech, nyyyyyeeer!”

Main/Planned Characters:

I have the character at 39 now and just did the first major respec. Threw on about 2/3 of its final i/o build. I am liking it. I made the toon. Very weird and the wavy arm thing is just hilariously stupid. Then the race car noises and a crapton of damage. 

when i say weird i mean weird. I took a robot using almost the bulkiest pieces i could find. I put a brain in a jar head on it.  I used the Large Body build and then made it as wide as possible in every slider. Then i made it as short as possible on every slider. Oh, it looks odd. Then having it doing its wavy arm madness and knocking enemies down everywhere. Very nice. Of course i proc’d the cone to KD. Threw a lot of winter and brute sets along with unbreakabke guard a 6set Aegis. All the usual procs and globals.  Cost a ton (raided my base and spent everything i earned from 3 synapses lol). I can see at 50 its going to be a beast.  Glad to add it to my stable of odd toons. But i could never take KM on a regular Brute.  Maybe in some weird CoT ripoff melee mage

Edited by Snarky