Titan Weapon/Bio Armour Guide

Jaegernault

4 minutes ago, Argent Aegis said:

I have thought, and still occasionally do, about going back to Defensive Sweep instead of CB, but right now I am hunting GM's so I need the big ST attacks.  I have a few farms that I made for my Rad/Fire that I run my TW/BIo in.  In those farms, I have an Elite in every spawn and extra adds that are triggered at different times.  So I was thinking that I may try another build after I get T4ed out and feel I have proven to myself that I can take down most GM's.  In that build I may take Defensive Sweep since ST will not be as needed as much.  Sometimes I have four bosses lined up and would just love one more cone while Arc is recharging.  The extra defensive would be nice alternative to clicking on Shadow Meld, running through the 3 second animation time and breaking momentum.  But that is on a scrapper, so if I was a brute, that would be an additional reason to take DS since they do not have Shadow Meld. 

Hmmm....., DS would be available for exemping down to levels where Shadow Meld would not be.  So maybe a trip to the Beta server is needed for me.  I need to consult the forum number crunchers and find out if the DPS/DPA/proc rates of DS and CB warrant a change like that.  I am not confident enough to claim knowing how to calculate Arcanatime and Bopper's Proc chances with any certainty.

I now wonder if the putting the Scrapper Strike ATO would be better served in Rend Armor or in Crushing Blow (or Defensive Strike).  Again, that is something I will have to use Bopper's tools to figure out. 

Sorry about the two long posts.

Crit strikes proc should be in rend armor, almost guarantees it goes off and starts the -resist too.

• Thanks 1

The crit proc doesn't affect the power that triggers it and its chance is per hit. Rend armor can score 2k damage if it gets a crit with build up doubled and the res debuf persists until you hit them a second time too. 

I tried the 50% proc in whirling smash but while it triggered well, I couldn't throw up a wall of crits. Crushing blow with it struggled to get it firing each mob. AoD was a compromise. Its stand alone damage is very good, it is a cone so usually hits 5 making the proc generally fire, and also triggers momentum letting you fire whirling smash and rend before the 50%crit chance expires.

I've dropped down to lvl 11 on my build for flashbacks and bosses are 2 hit kills even then, I wouldn't do *8 at that level mind haha. But even low level AVs can be solo'd

• 3 weeks later

I made a scrapper this week and settled on this build after several respecs.

A Couple Notes:

I took Defensive Sweep to just mule slot in a Luck of Gambler Recharge and it isn't part of any attack chain.

I only took four attacks:

AOE Chain: Build Momentum > Arc of Destruction > Whirling Smash > Repeat

Single Chain: Build Momentum > Arc of Destruction > Rend Armor > Follow Through > Repeat

Basically Arc of Destruction's animation is so long that other powers recharge in time, but the 50% extra crit bonus proc it gives is too good to pass up in any attack chain.

This is a max recharge build which makes the four attack powers selection work when they recharge super fast..

Whirling Smash has Force Feedback recharge proc.

5 Luck of Gambler recharge at 7.5% recharge.

4 Purple/ATO at 10% recharge.

Agility Core adds 33% recharge.

Healing sets add 8.75% and 7.5%

Reactive Defense adds 8.75%

Hasten one slotted and Build Momentum (23 seconds) also slotted with extra recharge

Genetic Contamination is frankenslotted with 4 damage procs and a knockdown proc so it behaves like a Fire Brute's damage aura.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

valdyva: Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(3), GldArm-End/Res(3), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), GldArm-RechEnd(5), GldArm-RechRes(7)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 6: Follow Through -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19)
Level 8: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(19)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Adaptation 
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Rchg+(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal(23), Pnc-Heal/+End(23)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(25), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Hct-Acc/Rchg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Dam%(29)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Rchg+(34)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Arm-Dmg(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Rchg+(50)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(42)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Obl-%Dam(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), FuroftheG-Acc/End/Rech(50)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Evolving Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Genome 
Level 50: Barrier Total Core Invocation 
Level 1: Momentum 
------------

Edited by Mythozz

On 8/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

Watch out for those deadly Canaries! Unless your toon is name PuddyCat if course 🙂

Thanks, this was an interesting read. I'm still having a hard time with the looks of BioArmor but you make a compelling case for the combo.

2 words. "Minimal fx"! I dislike the look too!:D

9 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Loosely based on OP's build I'm leveling up a Dark Melee/Bio Scrapper. It's a total blast.  I'm going to six-slot DNA Siphon as an attack because doing a Soul Drain + DNA Siphon kills almost all even-level critters and it's awesome.  Looking forward to getting Genetic Contamination next time I level up!

Dark melee is one of those sets I feel needs a little more love. Its ST is great but its AoE feels painful for fast killing. The DM update they tested on beta looked amazing! Too bad people thought it was too OP .... 

I hate that term.. OP... they used to say fire/kin controllers were OP with regular SO enhancements as they could solo 8 man mobs. Fact is everything can become that powerful if you invest the time and resources correctly, I've seen defenders soloing +4*8... 

Everything has a weakness tho, even TW/bio has its fatal flaws.

+Bio has no fear protection like many sets, if your caught you loose 2 toggles and any momentum you have.

+Bios main sustain power relies on mobs, small groups or a solo av give the lowest return.

+some of the TW powers require ground contact so if you enemy is hovering your attack chain is limited, even when jumping.

+enemy like hamidon are so old they dont recognise the absorb shield, so while dull pain boosts hp so you can take am extra hit,  you will have a full absorb shield when you die, rendering your main defence useless.

+ this is a big one... a -hp debuff is unresistable and crippling. That lovely absorb shield relies on your base hp. It doesn't go up with sets bonuses but does go down if say the mech in market crash is hitting you. Your 2k hp, 1300 absorb will be 1hp, 0 absorb in moments, I know from experience! There isnt much you can do with 1 hp, if a leaf falls on you your dead!

28 minutes ago, Jaegernault said:

Dark melee is one of those sets I feel needs a little more love. Its ST is great but its AoE feels painful for fast killing. The DM update they tested on beta looked amazing! Too bad people thought it was too OP .... 

Yep, that's why I like it with a damage aura, because Soul Drain + Genetic Contamination = tons of orange numbers. Plus the taunt aura in Evolving Aura really pulls the mobs in and the new Shadow Maul hits everything in front of you.

Bio's other huge weakness is total lack of defense debuff resistance.  As a combo armor it gets loads of S/L resist and defense to everything else... until it's debuffed, which happens all the time.

Luckily most attacks are combo of exotic + smashing or lethal, so Bio at least still resists some damage and hopefully gets a heal up in time to save your bacon.

On 9/13/2020 at 4:10 PM, ninja surprise said:

Yep, that's why I like it with a damage aura, because Soul Drain + Genetic Contamination = tons of orange numbers. Plus the taunt aura in Evolving Aura really pulls the mobs in and the new Shadow Maul hits everything in front of you.

Bio's other huge weakness is total lack of defense debuff resistance.  As a combo armor it gets loads of S/L resist and defense to everything else... until it's debuffed, which happens all the time.

Luckily most attacks are combo of exotic + smashing or lethal, so Bio at least still resists some damage and hopefully gets a heal up in time to save your bacon.

Shadow meld also puts you into the high 60s for defence, which lets you take several hits before your in trouble 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FUBARczar said:

you give up a lot (especially survivability) for like an extra 20% recharge 

Short of soloing AVs meant for team fights, I've get to find much that can hurt me, a lvl 54 GW dies easily, and she was the main one I

worried about! DPS is what I was aiming for. If the enemy is dead or knocked down, they arnt attacking. Also the survivability is already able to take on lvl 54 preatorians and parthenon head on so it's just overkill. The recharge gives flexibility with what you do, especially with some of the long recharge powers

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later
21 hours ago, Jaegernault said:

F ? TW needs a drink raised to it, may it one day be practical or at least aesthetic again

How bad did TW get pooped on, and if so, how does it compete with other sets now? Im assuming there was a meta shift...

Ive just logged in for the first time in ages to check out the damage first hand. 1 mission on +4*8 solo.

Playing the above build as intended, suitability was identical, my health never moved, I didnt even need to use Ablaitive Carapace. 

Combat wise, it felt sluggish, the recharge was weird, it was faster but no longer as smooth.

AoE damage:

The PBAoE recharge was down to 2 seconds, which puts the AoE damage massively higher as its going off 3 times with buildup. Its range is lower so even though the sword is passing through enemy they arn't taking damage on the fringes, but as they walk in they die on the second or 3rd application. Arc of destruction is also up way more often, allowing 2 applications per buildup so stacking crits, again its overkill. The damage dropped about 15% but the attack speed is doubled. Essentially, you hit softer and more often, which puts the DPS higher, just looks daft. 

Single Target damage.

Single target attack chains are identical except you no longer need a filler due to recharge. Crushing blow now isn't needed as Arc of Destruction, Follow Through and Rend Armour overlap allowing flawless chains of control, albeit the impact damage per application is lower.

An example;

Pre-patch a purple boss chain would be...

Arc of Destruction>Rend Armour>Followthrough>Crushing Blow --- if any of the crit, the 4th wasnt needed, and AoD gave the next 2 a high crit chance. Damage was roughly 30%>35%>35%+ over 8 seconds.

Post Patch

Arc of Destruction>Rend Armour>Arc of Destruction>Follow Through --- Now the damage was 25%>30%>25%>30%+. attack 1 does its base 25%, attack 2 has a high chance to do 60%, attack 3 has a decent chance to get in on the action doing another 50% and refreshing the attack for attack 4 to do another 60%. Basically the faster recharge lets you create an indefinite crit loop. 

For a boss it was slightly slower post patch as pre, 3 attacks gave a tad overkill. now you are more likely to need the 4th attack and generate massive overkill. Should mean larger targets go down faster as you dont need a low damage attack filler, you can just go hell for metal with the big guns on a loop.

Prognosis: The alteration was a political stunt. The set feels unbalanced now, the attacks dont flow, but you hit faster like running round with speedboost and a minor damage debuff. Bio augments everything the same. The set is still an S-Tier, so no doubt people will give a good moan they want it looking at again. Personally it was more refined before it was updated. NCSofts last unsoiled contribution is now snuffed away, bottoms up and enjoy the set!

Edited by Jaegernault
Added Details from gameplay

Any changes to your build as a result of these modifications @Jaegernault?

I was using this version:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crushing Blow -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Ags-ResDam(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(48), Pnc-Heal/+End(50), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15)
Level 6: Follow Through -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(21)
Level 8: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(21), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Speed of Sound -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal(27), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Ags-ResDam(33)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(46)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(43)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PrfShf-End%(46)
Level 1: Momentum
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
------------

15 hours ago, Jaegernault said:

An example;

Pre-patch a purple boss chain would be...

Arc of Destruction>Rend Armour>Followthrough>Crushing Blow --- if any of the crit, the 4th wasnt needed, and AoD gave the next 2 a high crit chance. Damage was roughly 30%>35%>35%+ over 8 seconds.

Post Patch

Arc of Destruction>Rend Armour>Arc of Destruction>Follow Through --- Now the damage was 25%>30%>25%>30%+. attack 1 does its base 25%, attack 2 has a high chance to do 60%, attack 3 has a decent chance to get in on the action doing another 50% and refreshing the attack for attack 4 to do another 60%. Basically the faster recharge lets you create an indefinite crit loop. 

Hey @Jaegernault.... great write-up for post-patch, thanks for that.

I am having trouble replicating your attack chain.

What kind of global recharge do you have to be able to get Arc of Destruction to recharge in the Post-Patch chain above?  With Hasten and Ageless Core Epiphany at the start of its decay I'm at 192.5% and there still is <1 second gap between Rend Armor and Arc coming off cooldown.   And that gets worse as Ageless decays.  How do you keep that as a smooth chain running?

I'm using the build above.  Thanks!

Edited by brasilgringo