Show off your pet(s)!

Cipher

You know it's serious business when a Lead GM bumps a thread.

I regretfully do not have any pets right now, and the only photo I have left of my favourite is this out-of-focus file (which I think I already posted in the original 'share your pet photo' thread here).

CIMG0529.JPG

Moe.

He could say his name.

Found the other -two- threads!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11901-cats-coh/

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6994-off-topic-or-i-just-want-to-post-photos-of-my-cat/

Edited by ImpousVileTerror
Providing links to more cats, and a dog or two maybe.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

Millie my 14 yr old Westie, I got her 2 yrs ago. BECAUSE, she was owned by an 84 yr old woman who's family wanted to put her down because the lady couldn't take care of her. 

Not on my watch, she's been the best laziest craziest flump I've ever had. 

20200826_120352.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• 3 weeks later

Jessica, the tortie on the left, and May, the kitten I rescued a little over a week ago.  The picture distorts their respective sizes.  May is barely 1/3 the size of Jessica.  They decided they were going to be friends a couple of days ago.  Fortunately.  Both were strays.  I took Jessica in about a year ago.  I was completely happy with just her, but May needed a home, too, and I've always felt that Jessica would be happier with a little buddy to play with, so I coaxed May out from under the house where she'd been living (that took about ten days) and brought her home.

J&M.jpg

• Like 5

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I was honestly expecting May to be significantly smaller based on your accounts of their interactions

I use a phone to go online, and it stays plugged in, sitting in a window where it has slightly better signal strength.  So by the time I can normally reach it to take a better picture, one which shows the size difference, they've separated.  But May is smaller than she looks in the picture I posted.  She is growing fast, though.  I can already see the difference between how she looked a week ago and how she looks now.  It's amazing what being fed, safe, comfortable and cared for can do for an animal.

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

and also very happy to hear that you rescue and shelter strays.

The animals most in need of love are the ones who seem to appreciate being loved the most.  That's been my experience, anyway.  And my life is empty without a cat.  I need a companion, and I can't have a human companion, but a cat fills the void admirably.

Jessica was born to live with me, though.  Cats typically hide when they enter a foreign environment.  Jessica was excited to be here.  Purring, tail erect, inspecting everything, indicating approval, and she didn't hide.  She was overjoyed to be in my cabin.  She... knew she was home, that's the best way I can express it.  I honestly don't believe she could have lived anywhere else, or with anyone else.  She and I connected the moment I held her for the first time.

May reacted like an ordinary cat when I brought her home, but she didn't stay hidden for long.  Or very well.  The purring made it obvious where she was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This isn't my cat but my brother's.  This is Abe, he's about 12 years old and he's a super affectionate boy.  He's a little skittish around strangers but somehow treats me like he does his owners despite usually hiding from anyone else (even people he should know).  He's also pretty lucky to be alive as he had to have his tail removed a couple years ago due to a cancerous cyst.  Thankfully it didn't spread beyond the tail so he's all right, though the tail stump took some getting used to.

20200925_211452.jpg.9daa09d98362e6d98964fb9f006b011a.jpg

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

128306544_406242357404322_7565473829125831045_n.thumb.jpg.ea2c7adfb2a2e2bf11a930c5702c0901.jpg

So I recently adopted my mom's cat because she can't take care of her anymore. She's a lovable little ball of fuzz named Ginger who I would swear is a Siamese since her affection usually involves biting and running away. We're getting along pretty well except for one issue that I've never encountered before. She keeps spilling all the water out of her water dish into the floor. Usually in the middle of the night. I'm not too bad at the whole cat whisperer thing but I can't figure this behavior out. I really need her to stop spilling her water dish out onto my hardwood floors. Any advice from the experts out there?

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

18 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I wonder if one of those expensive running water feeders might pacify her urges?   I know many cat don't like to drink still water.

It's worth a shot. I appreciate the suggestion. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

10 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I'm using a stoneware one that weights about 4 lbs. She bats the water out of it if she can't tip it over. 😕

Low cost solution: place a large cookie sheet with a lipped edge under the bowl, or possibly get some of those high-absorbent puppy housebreaking pads to keep under the bowl.

I'm curious to know if this behavior predates her time with you.  If not, it may be some emotional effect due to the change.  I've not raised cats in decades, due to allergies, but I've seen dogs go through odd behavior due to trouble coping with change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Low cost solution: place a large cookie sheet with a lipped edge under the bowl, or possibly get some of those high-absorbent puppy housebreaking pads to keep under the bowl.

I'm curious to know if this behavior predates her time with you.  If not, it may be some emotional effect due to the change.  I've not raised cats in decades, due to allergies, but I've seen dogs go through odd behavior due to trouble coping with change.

She's stay with me for a few months last year while mom was in the hospital so she's already familiar with the house and myself. She settled right in, She did this while she stayed with me then too, I just threw a towel down under the bowl but this time I'm trying to look for more permanent solutions. She was an outside cat at my mom's house and I don't think she used her water bowl there. There's a crick that runs by mom's house and I think she just went and drank from that. I suspect @CrudeVileTerror is right about her just wanting to drink from moving water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

20 hours ago, Techwright said:

Low cost solution: place a large cookie sheet with a lipped edge under the bowl.

Do that.  Contain the mess with a tray of some kind under the bowl.  Jessica plays with water, she paws when she's drinking, moves the water bowl halfway across the cabin sometimes with her antics, it's just normal behavior for her.  If it's normal for Ginger, then taking away the ability to play water or paw at it while drinking will create stress.  If it's not normal, it will resolve itself over time, when she's more comfortable in her new home, and you can remove the tray then.  Either way, the simplest solution, that of containing the mess with a tray, is the best.

If you don't have a cookie sheet, sheet tray, serving tray or wide, shallow dish in which to set the water bowl, try putting it in the sink.  She'll find it.

• Like 2

I don't think I'm fancy enough for a serving tray but I have a few baking sheets that'll work. Now if I can only find some way to stop her from trying to murder me.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Now if I can only find some way to stop her from trying to murder me.

You get used to it.

You also get scars.  Chicks/dudes dig scars.  "Yeah, this one is from the Battle of Caphalos Five.  This one is from when I was held captive by Orritez, Butcher of Aritax.  And this one, a chainsaw jumped me.  Oh, that one?  Ginger.  I was certain I was done for that time, with the water torture and all.  She loved me in the end, though."

👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Attempted murder is just a cat's way of showing she cares.

She's been trying to trip me for days now but she's just not as good at it as my last cat Ike. Ike got me one day stepping out of the shower. It was 20 minutes before I could pull myself up off the floor. Now I make sure the door is securely closed to the bathroom. Ah, cats.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: