Player Base on Excelsior

Fan Mail

the cluster homecoming is running on is significantly more powerful than the cluster the game was running on on live, plus the server code has been massaged to run on newer and more efficient backbone software

TLDR loadwise I think Excelsior is unlikely to lag out unless player numbers go through the roof

• Thanks 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 1/11/2020 at 3:16 AM, boggo2300 said:

the cluster homecoming is running on is significantly more powerful than the cluster the game was running on on live, plus the server code has been massaged to run on newer and more efficient backbone software

TLDR loadwise I think Excelsior is unlikely to lag out unless player numbers go through the roof

I was seeing slight server lag in Atlas Park, you know, powers recharged but server says they are still recharging? But then they created Atlas Park 2 and have seen no lag since.

I would echo that there has definitely been some noticeable 'lag'.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, Troo said:

I would echo that there has definitely been some noticeable 'lag'.

In Atlas Park, or elsewhere in the server?  'Cause there's going to be lag in Atlas Park no matter which server you're on.  One of the reasons why I avoid that zone like the plague.

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

In Atlas Park, or elsewhere in the server?  'Cause there's going to be lag in Atlas Park no matter which server you're on.  One of the reasons why I avoid that zone like the plague.

AP is always going to suffer, maybe they should lower the threshold to spawn AP2 but since it's only really going to affect street sweeping it's probably not worth the effort of tweaking

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!