Energy Blast Fast Snipe Sound FX bug

Wavicle

I'm just going to keep reporting this until you fix it, because this is a bug YOU caused.

When Homecoming started Energy blast snipe was working fine.

Then you made the changes to how fast snipe works.  That's fine, I have no issue with the changes.

But SINCE you made the changes Energy Blast fast snipe is now Mistimed with its sound fx.  The result is NOT FUN.

Please fix this.  It sucks to have waited 7 years to play my main only for it to be broken by what was supposed to have been a buff.

EDIT: The tone of my post is kinda harsh, sorry.  Homecoming team, you are superheroes in my view.  That will always be true, no matter what else is going on.

Edited by sacredlunatic

As a fellow Energy² Blaster (since I2), I can confirm that the sound effect of Sniper Blast no longer syncs with its animation when triggered by fast snipe.  Sure, it's annoying, but not so much that I'd call it "NOT FUN".

Stripes Lighten GIF

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

While I hardly call it game breaking or ruining the experience for me, for sure I can confirm that the insta-snipe is mistimed. It goes off noticeably earlier than the animation/blast fires.

is this just happening for energy blast snipe? Or Is it every ranged set’s snipe that is doing this? Can anyone playing something other than energy blast confirm?

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

I can definitely see how it can impact someone’s enjoyment of the  powerset. The blast sound comes an easy 1-2 seconds before the animation.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

• 4 weeks later
On 1/11/2020 at 6:09 PM, sacredlunatic said:

YMMV

Sound effects are a big deal to me.

Same here. Sound effects are a huge deal to me, so much so that I have actually stopped playing certain powersets due to sound effect nerfs throughout the years. And yes, this bug (I came here to post about this bug, found this so posting here) is enough to drive me nuts. I am actually finding myself avoiding using snipe because of it which gimps my character. So as far as I am personally concerned, it is game breaking.

It's using the old snipe sound effects back when snipe was instant without the pause, even though the animation doesn't fire off until a full second later.

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Same here. Sound effects are a huge deal to me, so much so that I have actually stopped playing certain powersets due to sound effect nerfs throughout the years. And yes, this bug (I came here to post about this bug, found this so posting here) is enough to drive me nuts. I am actually finding myself avoiding using snipe because of it which gimps my character. So as far as I am personally concerned, it is game breaking.

It's using the old snipe sound effects back when snipe was instant without the pause, even though the animation doesn't fire off until a full second later.

That’s a very helpful detail, thank you!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, sacredlunatic said:

But SINCE you made the changes Energy Blast fast snipe is now Mistimed with its sound fx.  The result is NOT FUN.

Actually, the timing issue did not start until after this latest patch. The patch that adjusted snipe did not cause the issue....at least from my perspective. I never noticed it until after the Tanker patch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Odd, I have several Blasters and this has prompted me to check all Blasters with Snipe. So far...

Fire Snipe on my Fire/Fire Blaster is instant cast again without a pause. Timing matches the instant snipe, however as far as I know, no Snipe is supposed to be instant cast anymore.

Electric Snipe on my Elec/Elec Blaster is spot on. It has the Pause and it's timed correctly.

Beam Rifle has a correct Snipe and timer on my BR/Dev Blaster.

My Energy Snipe is correct on my Energy/AM Blaster. Snipe is timed correctly and not instant cast. So apparently, not all Energy Blasters are experiencing this.

My Archery Snipe works and sounds as intended on my Arch/TA Blaster.

My Energy/Energy Blaster Snipe is NOT working correctly. It animates normally, at about a half second pause before sniping, however, the sound effect is activating instantly before the half second pause of the animation.

So out of all my Blasters with Snipe, only one of them are wrong. Can anyone else check to see if the only Blaster they have affected by this is an Energy/Energy Blaster?

18 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Actually, the timing issue did not start until after this latest patch. The patch that adjusted snipe did not cause the issue....at least from my perspective. I never noticed it until after the Tanker patch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It definitely started with the patch that brought permanent fast snipe live.

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Odd, I have several Blasters and this has prompted me to check all Blasters with Snipe. So far...

Fire Snipe on my Fire/Fire Blaster is instant cast again without a pause. Timing matches the instant snipe, however as far as I know, no Snipe is supposed to be instant cast anymore.

Electric Snipe on my Elec/Elec Blaster is spot on. It has the Pause and it's timed correctly.

Beam Rifle has a correct Snipe and timer on my BR/Dev Blaster.

My Energy Snipe is correct on my Energy/AM Blaster. Snipe is timed correctly and not instant cast. So apparently, not all Energy Blasters are experiencing this.

My Archery Snipe works and sounds as intended on my Arch/TA Blaster.

My Energy/Energy Blaster Snipe is NOT working correctly. It animates normally, at about a half second pause before sniping, however, the sound effect is activating instantly before the half second pause of the animation.

So out of all my Blasters with Snipe, only one of them are wrong. Can anyone else check to see if the only Blaster they have affected by this is an Energy/Energy Blaster?

I only have the one, but it is en/en.

Just now, sacredlunatic said:

It definitely started with the patch that brought permanent fast snipe live.

That makes sense now, since I have only recently made my Energy/Energy Blaster. That's why I did not notice it on my other Energy Blaster, because his secondary is AM. So yeah, I have to take your word for it on that, since I did not have an Energy/EM before the Tank patch.

19 minutes ago, sacredlunatic said:

Maybe I’ll also roll a new en/en. For all we know it could be an IO or Incarnate power that’s causing the problem.

Now I am super confused. I just rolled a brand new EN/EM Blaster, snipe is perfect. But yet on my other EN/EM Blaster, snipe's sound effect is broken. The only IO's I have in that build are in the Cone and the AoE, they both have the KB to KD IO in them, but only that one IO, not the whole set.

25 minutes ago, sacredlunatic said:

Maybe I’ll also roll a new en/en. For all we know it could be an IO or Incarnate power that’s causing the problem.

And I have figured out the cause. As long as you use the original animations for Energy, the timing is spot on. However, if you customize the color (which oddly enough is not the same animation, the animations are far less detailed than the original) and change it to Bright and color it yourself, your snipe will now have the sound effects off from the animation. Revert it back to the Original and it fires correctly again. This can be reproduced. So the bug is with the custom Energy powerset, not the original. Which explains why some Energy Melee players are experiencing this and others are not.

• Like 2