Inv/Rad Tank vs Inv/SS Tank - Which is better?

Guardian

Hi,

As the topic asks.. which of the two is 'better'. 
Invulnerable side well they should be a very close match.

Which one has more damage? 
Which one has more mitigation?

I'm asking the experts here!

Thanks for the forthcoming discussion and answers everyone.

6 hours ago, Guardian said:

Hi,

As the topic asks.. which of the two is 'better'. 
Invulnerable side well they should be a very close match.

Which one has more damage? 
Which one has more mitigation?

I'm asking the experts here!

Thanks for the forthcoming discussion and answers everyone.

I want to say SS simply because you can double stack rage, yeah it crashes hard but if you slot right and incarnate right you can get by that.

Rad has the intangible of contamination though...

Its honestly a toss up  but i would give a slight edge to SS.

Super Strength is in a bad state right now because of the rage crash.  You'd prefer something like Titan Weapons or Street Justice for a similar feel without the major issue that creates.

Radiation Melee will do more for you anyways.  You get a very good damage aura in addition to Invulnerability's solid taunt aura.  You get a self-heal that isn't as reliable as Dark Melee's, but is still going to help. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

17 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Super Strength is in a bad state right now because of the rage crash.  You'd prefer something like Titan Weapons or Street Justice for a similar feel without the major issue that creates.

Radiation Melee will do more for you anyways.  You get a very good damage aura in addition to Invulnerability's solid taunt aura.  You get a self-heal that isn't as reliable as Dark Melee's, but is still going to help. 

Ageless is a good way to eliminate the rage crash altogether.  Ive been running the heck out of SS lately with a revised invul/SS build and ive pretty much made the crash non-existent between ageless and conserve power.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, Infinitum said:

Ageless is a good way to eliminate the rage crash altogether.  Ive been running the heck out of SS lately with a revised invul/SS build and ive pretty much made the crash non-existent between ageless and conserve power.

I don't have an Inv/SS but out of interest do you hit ageless after the crash or before?  On my SD I have been hitting it after but have wondered what hitting it before would do and if it would be safer.  SD crash isn't too bad.

25 minutes ago, AWOL said:

I don't have an Inv/SS but out of interest do you hit ageless after the crash or before?  On my SD I have been hitting it after but have wondered what hitting it before would do and if it would be safer.  SD crash isn't too bad.

If I'm waiting on a crash I usually reserve ageless if I need it.

Ageless also give good ddr so sometimes I'll pop it before also.this method works well on shield.

SS is smashing damage that i think is more heavily resisted.

Rad melee reduces defence and takes IO procs well.

SS rage crash can be very annoying with its damage debuff.

But Rage is also very very good at the same time.

I have a Rad melee and a SS Tank and i prefer the Rad melee as the Rage crash annoys me.

Cant really go wrong with either though 🙂

Edited by Gobbledegook