Patch Notes for January 14th, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4 (Release Candidate 1)

4 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Exactly.

I'm not here to re-open the topic. I'm here to respond to posts saying the bruising topic was "hashed out" when in fact it was clearly not, as you can see in the post you linked.

Edited by Auroxis

7 minutes ago, Auroxis said:

I'm not here to re-open the topic. I'm here to respond to posts saying the bruising topic was "hashed out" when in fact it was clearly not, as you can see in the post you linked.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hash out

You're using the 3rd definition. I'm using the first. Even using your definition, that you aren't happy with the solution is irrelevant with whether or not one was hashed out.

Edited by siolfir
rewording

Hashing out doesn't mean everyone's position gets adopted, or that everyone ends up agreeing. Looking at that thread, I think it looks very much like it was hashed out. I'm not particularly convinced that removing bruising makes anything better, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chronicler J said:

I'm glad the afterthought AT gets to have a unique mechanic where an original AT loses its unique mechanic. But hey, more damage is easy to code, right?

Ouch!  As a frequent afterthought, I resemble that remark! 😄

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

3 hours ago, Auroxis said:

There was no "hashing out" being taken place, just me addressing my concerns and them being brushed aside over and over again.

I have mentioned several times in those threads that I appreciated your invaluable data; you made a great case and dissented without belittling.  But you have also proven that no answer short of "you're right. We'll do things exactly your way" will satisfy you.

To wit, @Chronicler J, if you like playing a Supportive tanker, note the buffs to secondary effects.  Yes, this means different power picks, but "armor/melee but actually here to Support" doesn't sound like it should be part of the AT anyway.  Indeed, Paragon Studios agreed for 6 years.

16 minutes ago, Replacement said:

I have mentioned several times in those threads that I appreciated your invaluable data; you made a great case and dissented without belittling.  But you have also proven that no answer short of "you're right. We'll do things exactly your way" will satisfy you.

Far from it. "My way" would have been completely different from the changes (which I obviously won't get into ITT), I agreed to compromise on several issues including the removal of Bruising, but the only thing I got was a slight increase to leadership and melt armor debuff/buff numbers which were toned down shortly afterwards. There was also the addition of Weaken Resolve which soon after got the multiplier attached to weaken it on tankers.

1 minute ago, Auroxis said:

Far from it. "My way" would have been completely different from the changes (which I obviously won't get into ITT), I agreed to compromise on several issues including the removal of Bruising, but the only thing I got was a slight increase to leadership and melt armor debuff/buff numbers which were toned down shortly afterwards. There was also the addition of Weaken Resolve which soon after got the multiplier attached to weaken it on tankers.

Yeah, that came off harsher than I intended. 😕 I'm hoping down the road, we can revisit some of those numbers (in particular, I would really like it if Earth Mastery's -defense was stronger than what a Brute's would do), but I think certain things need worked on first.  Iirc, your build that was outdoing a Brute was Titan weapon?  If so, then a nerf to tanker version of TW in the same patch that they up the -res for example.

The important thing to me is, we're making progress.  It may not feel great yet, but killing our reliance on Bruising is intended to be the first step to making a tanker feel good to play.  Sometimes you gotta reset to zero.  As I've been mentioning in the most recent thread, it currently sucks for ST-heavy sets to a degree I'm just not satisfied with.  I'm still on board, because there's an implicit promisethis sets the stage for those sets to get their own improvements.

I think that most people would agree that it's beneficial to move these changes forwards without getting stuck nit picking minor annoyances like bruising. Stuff like that can be revisited at a later date. The sheer amount of words that have been summoned about this seemingly minor issue is mind boggling

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

I think that most people would agree that it's beneficial to move these changes forwards without getting stuck nit picking minor annoyances like bruising. Stuff like that can be revisited at a later date. The sheer amount of words that have been summoned about this seemingly minor issue is mind boggling

One might say it was a bruising experience. 🤣

My resistance to it has been worn down by at least 20%.  😂

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer