Fire/Rad going slow

quixoteprog

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Use flashfire and that will stun the bosses too. then when you jump in you just char the boss to death. be sure to put the lockdown proc in the cloud and bosses will be held too.

The lockdown proc in CC seems to be well worth it, but for bosses it is really only useful to help keep a boss held once he is under. Flashfire requires a too hit roll, IIRC, and it does not seem to have enough mag to stun a boss in one shot, at least not for very long, and I cannot take the alpha I get back if it doesn't tie them up immediately and long enough for me stack up a couple holds before they can attack even once, otherwise I will be under half health just from the boss's first hit.

Bonefire, however, will either work or not work 100%. When it works it will fling the boss across the floor and I can usually stack a couple holds on them before they get back to their feet.

Of course, almost every AV and EBs has HUGE resistance to knockdown/up, as well as some regular bosses like the Lesser Devoured and some of the Werewolf guys. With any of them I just have to eat a couple purple pills to make myself impossible to hit for a bit.

4 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

The lockdown proc in CC seems to be well worth it, but for bosses it is really only useful to help keep a boss held once he is under. Flashfire requires a too hit roll, IIRC, and it does not seem to have enough mag to stun a boss in one shot, at least not for very long, and I cannot take the alpha I get back if it doesn't tie them up immediately and long enough for me stack up a couple holds before they can attack even once, otherwise I will be under half health just from the boss's first hit.

Bonefire, however, will either work or not work 100%. When it works it will fling the boss across the floor and I can usually stack a couple holds on them before they get back to their feet.

Of course, almost every AV and EBs has HUGE resistance to knockdown/up, as well as some regular bosses like the Lesser Devoured and some of the Werewolf guys. With any of them I just have to eat a couple purple pills to make myself impossible to hit for a bit.

Bonfire is a fantastic power once it gets a KB-KD proc slotted.  Toss Bonfire on a spawn, then rush in with Hot Feet/Choking Cloud (with the Lockdown proc) and the murder monkeys.  Occasionally toss Fire Cages and then on to the next.

• Like 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I remember that ...was that with TopDoc or Tribal? Either way I played the superteams with both of them. Good times. And we did all this with SO's no IO's or sets.

Cinder Decay was and is my name. Choke on it and burn was my motto!

Don't remember who started the group.  I carried it for several years and more or less through close.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I have a couple of FRAD builds I have been working on. My goal is to see if I can solo anything in the game by using multiple accounts to run a group of 6-8 FRADS with Group Fly and Team TP. Just not sure what to build for AM will be on auto so no need for Recharge, I guess I build for DEF/RES? My thought is to build 4 of the TANK versions listed below, 2 of the TP and 2 of the Group Fly

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

TeamTanker: Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(3), Lck-Rchg/Hold(3), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-%Hold(7)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(13), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(34)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(9), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(11), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(11)
Level 4: Radiation Infection -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), EndRdx-I(15)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- EndMod-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(17), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 10: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Flashfire -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(19), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(25), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(25), Rgn-Knock%(27), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(27)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Mutation -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Cinders -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(23)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(36), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 30: Choking Cloud -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(39), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(42)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SvrRgh-Acc(43), SvrRgh-PetResDam(43)
Level 35: Fallout -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(46), SprEnt-End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(50)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Here is the Team TP build

Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), Lck-Rchg/Hold(3), Lck-Acc/Rchg(5), Lck-Acc/Hold(5), Lck-%Hold(7)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal(34)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(9), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(11), EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 12: Flashfire -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(19), PstBls-Dam%(25), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(25), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(27), Rgn-Knock%(27)
Level 16: Recall Friend -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Teleport -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Team Teleport -- Tim&SpcMn-Stlth(A), Tim&SpcMn-Rng(34)
Level 22: Cinders -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 24: Lingering Radiation -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(34), ImpSwf-Rng/Slow(36), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(36), ImpSwf-Dmg/Slow(36), ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(37)
Level 26: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SvrRgh-Acc(43), SvrRgh-PetResDam(43)
Level 35: Choking Cloud -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(39), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(45), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(46)
Level 41: EM Pulse -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold(46), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(48), SprEnt-End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

Finally the Group Fly build - I welcome feedback for all builds.

Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(3), Lck-Rchg/Hold(3), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-%Hold(7)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal(34)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(9), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(11), EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 12: Flashfire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Knock%(25), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(27), PstBls-Dam%(27)
Level 16: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Group Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Cinders -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 24: Lingering Radiation -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(34), ImpSwf-Rng/Slow(36), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(36), ImpSwf-Dmg/Slow(36), ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(37)
Level 26: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), Rct-Def(39), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 35: Choking Cloud -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(39), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(40), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(45), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(46)
Level 41: EM Pulse -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold(46), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(48), SprEnt-End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

• 1 month later

I have a lvl 50 fire rad. He was my main back in the old game and now. He is a beast. Hit a group with flash fire the fire cages and lingering radiation then move in with char on the big bad guys. Choking cloud will hit and hold the week and imps start the clean up while u lock everything down. End is always your enemy. It is a very end heavy combo.  When u have someone locked down remember the length of the holds so u are not using a hold on ppl that are locked down therefore wasting end. Hot feet is awesome for a slow when u are in fighting.  I don't waste time on fallout or bonfire.

Edited by Pyron 2.0