Nerf That!

Troo

12 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

[Unpopular opinion ahead] I actually think Hasten does need at least one change: Why does Hasten lower the recharge of itself? One of these days Hasten is going to rip a hole in the multiverse.

I completely agree with you. It being perma-able completely shoots holes in a lot of game balance. Even the original devs had problems with it - MAtt Miller directly called it abusive. From the Lore AMA thing on Paragon wiki:

A) Matt Miller (Positron) Axe the fitness pool. Hasten has a hilarious history. In Alpha it was way too good. If I recall correctly, there was no crash. When we added some drawbacks to it, the players went ballistic. I still remember one player claiming that it was “completely worthless now”.

I would always, always, keep that player’s comment in mind whenever we would downgrade other abusive powers and players would complain. A small part of me would always think “maybe it’s not enough?”

Hasten is not a good power because it is too good a power. I with they made it inherent, and unenhanceable, when they made the Fitness changes. Speaking of which, I remember a couple of times being a kinetics defender and being the only person on a team not to get the fitness pool. Someone even mentioned it once - like the solo-friendly defender inherent, Fitness had zero value to a mid-level teaming kinetics defender.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

14 hours ago, macskull said:

This is one change that would break a lot of things and as such I don't see Hasten nerfs happening anytime soon. You can't stack Hasten with itself so it's not like it ends up in this infinite loop of +recharge.

Sure it does.  You don't remember making this exact same post the last 1345663424 times in this infinite time loop?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Sure it does.  You don't remember making this exact same post the last 1345663424 times in this infinite time loop?

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

NC Soft

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

16 hours ago, macskull said:

EDIT: Back to the topic at hand though. Nerf nerfherding threads, they're rarely constructive and almost always end up exploding and getting locked and/or nuked from orbit.

Thank you.

I prefer to call them the "I don't like it so it has to be changed" whine.

• Thanks 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, VV said:

Brutes. Maybe just rid of them. If not that, just make it so they can't join teams.

I'd say the same about tanks. And I'm building a new one right now.

How about, instead, we just stop letting control freaks ruin everything for everyone because they think their opinions are global when it's proven time and time again that this belief is painfully false?

Just a thought. Nerfherders kinda suck regardless of the facts of powercreep in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Alright let's just get rid of IO's in general. Back to SO's and HO's for everyone.

Obviously this post is facetious as is this whole forum thread.

My wife would kill me if I went back to HOs.

• Haha 5

@Rathstar

33 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Assuming the diseases didn't.

(insert some lame joke about dying happy here)

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Nerf Energy Melee first.  

Bone Smasher and Energy Punch should have 3 second animations. 

Honestly I was thinking about Energy Melee, and figured Energy Punch, Bone Smasher, Energy Transfer, and Total Focus are so strong, to balance them out each attack should take at least 15 seconds, so the rest of the team has enough time to get comfy while the Energy Melee players go own everything.